What's new

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

• id vote no also, it would decrease price.

Votes: 154 28.3%
  • id vote yes, the increased market will still keep prices up.

Votes: 391 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammerhead you aren't smoking weed,... I don't have that problem here. I fear no man, woman, or child.

Its pretty fucked up that you will let a 17 year old die in the desert for your freedom but you will deny him/her a fucking joint? What's the problem with kids smoking weed anyways. Last study I read showed that cannabis make people smarter.

You are an fin idiot. I don't let my kids drink before there 21 you think I'm going to let them smoke. Why do you think the older dealers give it to them. Wait for it there kids and wont be seriously prosecuted.They need to learn if you do this there will be consequence's. If your not willing to do them dont do it in the first place.

GanjaAL

Sorry but thought this would offer a little more insight.

Again I feel this prop 19 was never about legalization but the protection of one businessmans, business plan.

Oakland approves massive grows; 275k per permit ... Rich Lee Wins One
The Oakland City Council isn't waiting for November to begin jumbling the legal rules. The Council's Public Safety Committee approved licensing wholesale pot growing Tuesday, 3-to-1.

KALW News reporter Ali Winston reports from that meeting that sponsors say the main reason for the proposal isn't revenue, it's safety (as their name implies): residential electrical fires more than doubled in the city in the past three years, and officials think there's a good connection between that increase and unregulated pot "grow houses."

That said, the committee proposes that applicants pay fees of over $275,000 per operation.

Approved by the committee and full City Council, four large growers would be permitted in the first year.

One grower said he embraced regulation but argued that the plan would force medium- and small-scale cultivators to close down, move, or "go back underground into the dark ages."

The ordinance doesn't yet set a limit on the size of the large cultivators

The plan also would permit Oakland's four licensed dispensaries to sell to retailers across California.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=67931

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

Last month rich lee purchased a 20 acre plot to build his new growing facilities ...

Gdood9

In the case of voter initiatives, they are as they appear...in black and white. The only changes that can be made from all the implied minimums are only changes that increase. Nothing can be taking away. Also, if a business is making money, they should pay taxes...don't like it, move away or go underground and take your chances but everything is taxed.

You aren't even addressing what I'm complaining about. I've said in other posts I'm fine with taxes at a retail level. My issue is the heavy regulation and licensing scheme's that will put all the the mom and pop shops out of biz and bring in the big corporations that are going to produce mass crap that you won't want. This initiative is worded to make money for the state and give big biz the upper hand. Did you not see the oakland post?

That's just one issue with this initiative though. The penalties on minors and selling to minors is ridiculous, the age restriction should be 18, and the taxes need to stay fair. I like the CCI much better, still flawed though, but much more reasonable than Prop 19.

You gotta remember, I am still 100% for legalization, I just don't want to see more power being transferred from the people to the government. If just a couple of my arguments were changed in the initiative were changed my support for it might change, but as it stands, too much power is being given away to get any back. If the compromises that we have to make weren't so deep I'd be more receptive, but there are so many things regulated in this initiative that from the beginning were screwed. There is a point where compromise becomes giving in and giving up. This would be the precedent along with how the cities decide to exactly regulate cannabis. Don't you get that?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why is that win for richard show mw where he says that 215k is what he wants rthe permits to cost. Its always richards fault doent matter for what it just his fault.

GanjaAL

It is called monopoly. The way I see it... Oakland will protect him tooth and nail. The rest will have to fend for themselves against the feds. As you can see it was never about keeping people out of jail or legalization... but the protection of his business plan and the ability to sell to retailers all across cali.

Change will not come due in part to money drying up as those growers assets drying up who want decriminalization and not regulation.

People will be locked up still but he will continue to make his money... He is a very smart business man and wish him the best.

Gdood9

You are an fin idiot. I don't let my kids drink before there 21 you think I'm going to let them smoke. Why do you think the older dealers give it to them. Wait for it there kids and wont be seriously prosecuted.They need to learn if you do this there will be consequence's. If your not willing to do them dont do it in the first place.

So what you are saying is if you aren't willing to do the time, don't do the crime. Time for what? Selling weed. Smoking weed, Possessing weed, growing weed. Let me ask again. Time for WHAT?? Consequences? Consequences of what? What I just listed. I didn't know there were consequences to cannabis that require jail.

The older dealer's, yea, that's the totally the problem. Get real. Your kid get's it from his friend that's over at your house everyday. Your kid is probably drinking too. Sorry, that's how the world works.

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
that's great an they can vote as they wish. Fortunately for us, the millions of other people that smoke cannabis want this to pass. You know so they won't go to jail or get a marijuana conviction on their record. Because that could make the difference if you wanted to get a school grant, fed loan and tons of other stuff. But hey, lets keep on putting 80,000 Californians into the system every year so some grower doesn't have to pay taxes or might lose money because he doesn't know how to run a legit business. If they are smart they would be putting together a business plan to cash in on legalization....oh wait, the smart ones already are.

Bazinga!

Frozenguy

Veteran
Truth of the matter is some people here will do anything to have it "legalized". Sacrifice as many liberties as they want, because they just care about getting it "legal".

I care about making it legal while preserving our FREEDOMS and LIBERTIES.

I really dont care about the "the world is watching" comment. If anything, it empowers me to do it right.

Many of you pro prop19'ers would legalize cannabis at any cost to our freedoms and liberties.

And 25sqft is 25sqft is 25sqft. No matter what configuration, its the same amount of space period. And that is per residence, even if five people live there you get 25sqft to grow, flower, and harvest you buds. You have to keep drying/harvested plants in that 25sqft.

This isn't legalization. Thats why the bill is called Tax and Regulate cannabis. Not legalize cannabis. Its taxation and regulation of cannabis. Just less then what we've had.

I'm fighting for legalization. WHO'S WITH ME?? Who wants cannabis legalized? Raise your hands..

*raises hand*

Again, prop19 is not legalizing cannabis, it is, as the title states, taxing and regulating cannabis.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no children should be out in the steets saling drugs. If they dont get busted there parents should. Thats a foolish statement my son is not invloved with any of that. i COULD CARELESS IF YOU BEIEVE ME. iM THE ONE THAT MATTERS FOR MY SONS WELLFARE NOT YOU.B

tHEN YOU SHOULD BE VOTING YES IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ANYINE SHOULD BE INCARCRARTED FOR CANNABIS AND I AGREE. i WANT THESE KIDS OFF THE STREET. ThERE IS NO RESONE FOR A 15 year old should be saleing pot on the corner with 10 of his buddies.

The sad thing is that Richard Lee had a better initiative in his hands that he could have put on the ballot. Instead of real weed freedom he chose corporate greed,

You can read what he denied to put on the ballot here. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=140083 I'm pretty sure that Dennis would have been actively supporting it if it were on the ballot. Read prop 19 and read that hrmmm,... just saying there is a reason a ton of old school peeps are against prop 19, its cause they know Rich and his intentions and what we SHOULD have.
Old school extremists like Peron who are totally against taxation and regulation?

Spoiled selfish kids who don't know what it means to make sacrifice for anyone other than themselves in order to advance a movement, who don't know the first thing about politics or passing legislation and compromising in order to do so?

Greedy dispensery owners who want to do the entire movement a disservice, keep everything underground, and damage public perception of MJ use just so they can keep prices up?

Unrealistic tinfoilers who think corporations are going to take over the market, which is the exact opposite of almost every other freemarket commercial commodity in the US like food, cars, wine, beer, cigs, etc?

Oh, those "old school peeps"........Fuck 'em

Frozenguy

Veteran
no children should be out in the steets saling drugs. If they dont get busted there parents should

I agree with you. To go further, why do you think some people feel its alright to give an 18 year old prison time (longer then most people get for DUI, Rape, aggravated assault).

Extensive prison terms still exist under prop19. No question about it.

If you vote for prop19, you essentially agree that someone should serve prison time for a "crime" in which no party can claim injury, both parties mutually benefited and agreed to terms of the event. When rapists and vehicular manslaughterers get way less time. WTF is up with that? Why would anyone be in support of sending nonviolent "criminals" to prison longer then people who INFLICT HARM AND DEVASTATION ON OTHERS.

Makes no sense. But I will defend your right to vote till my death.

This isn't legalization. Thats why the bill is called Tax and Regulate cannabis. Not legalize cannabis. Its taxation and regulation of cannabis. Just less then what we've had.

Again, prop19 is not legalizing cannabis, it is, as the title states, taxing and regulating cannabis.

legalize |ˈlēgəˌlīz|
verb [ trans. ]
make (something that was previously illegal) permissible by law

M

m00nchild

It must be very confusing inside the minds of some of you... to actually believe that the act of making something no longer illegal does NOT equate to the legalization thereof... that's just... I'm dizzy!

Is there something in the water supply over there in CA?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with you. To go further, why do you think some people feel its alright to give an 18 year old prison time (longer then most people get for DUI, Rape, aggravated assault).

Extensive prison terms still exist under prop19. No question about it.

If you vote for prop19, you essentially agree that someone should serve prison time for a "crime" in which no party can claim injury, both parties mutually benefited and agreed to terms of the event. When rapists and vehicular manslaughterers get way less time. WTF is up with that? Why would anyone be in support of sending nonviolent "criminals" to prison longer then people who INFLICT HARM AND DEVASTATION ON OTHERS.

Makes no sense. But I will defend your right to vote till my death.

This is one of the part of the bill I dont like. aLL they need to do is get a rec until the yreach 21 done. Im a med user and I HATE HAVING to pay those pot docs every year for my rec. If 19 passes I WONT NEED TO DO THAT ANYMORE

CaptainTrips

This is one of the part of the bill I dont like. aLL they need to do is get a rec until the yreach 21 done. Im a med user and I HATE HAVING to pay those pot docs every year for my rec. If 19 passes I WONT NEED TO DO THAT ANYMORE

No, but for people are lucky enough to have a retail outlet, the taxes paid on your yearly purchases will probably exceed what a doctors note cost, and with a doctors note you are not limited by sq ft.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
YES AND UNFORTUNATLY THIS BILL OR ANY BILL WONT BE PERFECT. nO ONE IS GOING TO SPEND 1M TO GET ANOTHER BILL GOING. i DONT SEE IT. tHERRE ARE SOMETHINGS IN THIS BILL THAT i WOULD RATHER BE DIFF LIKE THE AGE SHOULD BE 18.

Frozenguy

Veteran
It must be very confusing inside the minds of some of you... to actually believe that the act of making something no longer illegal does NOT equate to the legalization thereof... that's just... I'm dizzy!

Is there something in the water supply over there in CA?

YES. To answer the question in bold. Yes, there is.
http://ca.water.usgs.gov/mercury/fs06100.html

As far as confusing you, I (not sure about the others) didn't mean to confuse you.

Making something permissible under law, something that once was not, is making it legal, sure. But I dont call it legal when you have to abide by illegitimate rules and regulations and taxes. Its barely legal.

Parts of cannabis are legal. The consumption will be virtually legalized. I say virtually because, it can only be consumed indoors without minors present.

You cant smoke on your driveway on a hot augest night like you could a beer. So lame..

Frozenguy

Veteran

Lucky for you. I will have to keep getting my recommendation because my grow is larger then 25sqft.

I dont see why I should have to pay for a medical recommendation to plant as much of a fucking weed as I want, especially when it hurts NOBODY.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can grow 3lbs in a 5x5 done it amny times. Thats enough for me. and that every 2-3 month. I ont be paying any taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.