What's new

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

• id vote no also, it would decrease price.

Votes: 154 28.3%
  • id vote yes, the increased market will still keep prices up.

Votes: 391 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dankydoodle

No tax on what you grow, just limited square ft to grow in. This is how the law will limit your earning potential with it. A good many smokers either wont go to the trouble to grow, or just wont have a good situation on their hands, and cant grow where they live (renters), for one reason or another.

Anyone who chooses to buy it from the commercial producers will pay a hefty tax...and thats ok. At least you will have the option of growing your own without fear of prosecution.

The growers themselves that produce for mass consumption are the ones who will be hit the hardest.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a card and I dont tell anyone I grow including my landlord. If I did not have a card I still wont tell anyone I grow. There is no way the feds have the resources to check every home if there growing or not.

D4sh3y

for anyone voting no, you're on the wrong side of prohibition and just as bad as the asshole cops busting down our doors for god damn plants. go fuck yourselves.

dankydoodle

The one's who would vote against it are mostly worried about the market changing, and they might be cut out of the profits they are making now. Greed is the root of all evil.

It doesn't matter to me about the commercial side of it, or the potential tax I might have to pay, It would be nice to be able to grow your own without the bs law breathing down your neck. And the way I understand it, you wont be taxed for that anyway, so what's the problem?

Herborizer

Veteran
Free from prosecution. Free the people in jail for non violent crimes. Free the children and families who's life gets destroyed by prohibition. Safe access for the people in need. End the stigma.

clark420

AgraMed Inc.look them up some bio company with big business there are getting a license to do a 7 acre facilty in oakland that can produce 50-100 pound per day.. The guy who is gettig approval says we can get rid of the crooks?? Whos the crooks Them!!!!! They will make tons of money off that and only a few in the circle will make tons of money rather than a bunch of small growers doing it... Educate as many people as you can time is of the essance.

RIP CA Death to the Entrepreneur

Herborizer

Veteran
AgraMed Inc.look them up some bio company with big business there are getting a license to do a 7 acre facilty in oakland that can produce 50-100 pound per day.. The guy who is gettig approval says we can get rid of the crooks?? Whos the crooks Them!!!!! They will make tons of money off that and only a few in the circle will make tons of money rather than a bunch of small growers doing it... Educate as many people as you can time is of the essance.

RIP CA Death to the Entrepreneur

I don't agree at all. Any small business Entrepreneur has the threat of bigger companies. Though many small businesses thrive and do very very well. Actually this country's success is based on small business.

This is no different for cannabis when it becomes legal. What small businesses will do is focus on their unique completive advantage. The good ones will have competitive advantages that the big corporations can't possibly match. This holds true for the big corps as well. The big corps will be able to produce quantity very very fast, but of course they will have to sacrifice to achieve that.

Think of it as Folgers Coffe vs your local high end Coffe shop's roasted beans. There is a place for both in this world. I welcome this change.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
The questions in the OP poll are so skewed I'm unable to pick one....LOL

The only growers fighting against legalization are the greedy ones who hold monopolies in their areas.

clark420

Tucshay I see your point is valid.. It just concerns me that a Bio Pharma company is already getting ready for there 7 acre facilty in oakland.. I what they will put in it??

I don't agree at all. Any small business Entrepreneur has the threat of bigger companies. Though many small businesses thrive and do very very well. Actually this country's success is based on small business.

This is no different for cannabis when it becomes legal. What small businesses will do is focus on their unique completive advantage. The good ones will have competitive advantages that the big corporations can't possibly match. This holds true for the big corps as well. The big corps will be able to produce quantity very very fast, but of course they will have to sacrifice to achieve that.

Think of it as Folgers Coffe vs your local high end Coffe shop's roasted beans. There is a place for both in this world. I welcome this change.

Trillion

The questions in the OP poll are so skewed I'm unable to pick one....LOL

The only growers fighting against legalization are the greedy ones who hold monopolies in their areas.

It hurts my head thinking about why the OP thinks people should base their vote around cannabis prices remaining at inflated blackmarket levels or not.

Growers say yes! Selfish people who place money above human rights and freedom say no!

K Double O

My biggest fear is the industialized take over of MJ... Once big brother gets control over our beloved plant we will see a commercialized, government regulated cluster fuck...

Big companies will dominate...

People want legalization so bad that they havent considered the repercussions have they?...

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
considering the repercussions I'd much rather have some big company growing a bunch of low price pot, plus small time growers growing a nice pull of some excellent pot at reasonable price, and I don't have to worry about going to jail or getting fines or needing to renew my medical card...

I vote for legalization.

Going to jail, getting fined, being paranoid, paying WAY too much, and more reasons don't seem worth whoever YOU guys are that are going to lose a few bucks to keep it illegal.

K Double O

Yeah that would be nice... Legalize MJ so the government can tax and regulate it... I think not...

The reality is that MJ is schedule 1 (No accpeted Medicinal Value My Ass)...

Hopefully, In our lifetimes we might witness the federal re-scheduling of MJ... But legalization across the board wont happen...

Its almost a fantasy to think that the government would stream line MJ... I cant see that happening at all...

In the eyes of Uncle Sam... MJ is a drug... Its medicinal value is what needs to be the main issue...

Individual States Decriminalizing MJ is as far as it will go for now...

And NO its not the same as legalizing MJ...

Also...

I really dont think the "street level" prices would be affected negatively by commercialized pot...

I mean think about it? Walmart weed? Kmart weed? What type of quality would you expect?

When I said big companies would dominate... I meant big companies would be all about the bottom line and make schwag extremely accessible...

And that will push the cost of "High grade" "homegrown" "medicinal" bud thru the roof...

Med patients would def need prescription coverage(lol)...

On top of that...

The seed trade would change drastically to a federally taxed & regulated dump hole... There will be more breeders than strains...

Complete legalization is a double edge sword...

Imho....

tequila_sunrise

Yeah that would be nice... Legalize MJ so the government can tax and regulate it... I think not...

The reality is that MJ is schedule 1 (No accpeted Medicinal Value My Ass)...

Hopefully, In our lifetimes we might witness the federal re-scheduling of MJ... But legalization across the board wont happen...

Its almost a fantasy to think that the government would stream line MJ... I cant see that happening at all...

In the eyes of Uncle Sam... MJ is a drug... Its medicinal value is what needs to be the main issue...

Individual States Decriminalizing MJ is as far as it will go for now...

And NO its not the same as legalizing MJ...

I would say that rescheduling MJ at a federal level would be a pretty damned important task.

I just hope that this bill will push that towards a reality

jump /injack

Veteran
Government doesn't give you anything, it always takes. For years it put you in prison for growing but the People spoke and made it legal under certain circumstances. Someone mentioned a 7 acre grow by someone in the agribusiness, when that happens and the numbers are run by the bureaucracy the permitting will start. Since government is now broke look for permits eventually costing in the thousands and fines and jail sentences if you don't have one. It will be like the liquor business, how many people do you know with their own distillery in the kitchen? By getting the permit you'll have to give permission for the state functionary to come in for crop evaluation and you'll have to set aside the taxes up front or be bonded. You sell something with out paying the tax and they'll hand you your ass in a sling. Politicians have completely broke California and your asking the same bunch that gave us a $40 billion dollar deficit to come in and regulate, the California EPA will tell you what you can use and not use, the tax agent will take your money and you'll be going to jail for tax evasion. What is the upside on this, why anyone want the government involved in anything you do, it is the most incompetent and criminal bunch in California and your asking them to come in and suck your blood; not to smart.

J

jayd

the more people who grow the lower the price will be whats good. prices are a joke at the end of the day its just like growing money trees. i no time and effort are put in also cost but the yield far exceeds this. people imho are just getting greedy

Trillion

Also...

I really dont think the "street level" prices would be affected negatively by commercialized pot...

I mean think about it? Walmart weed? Kmart weed? What type of quality would you expect?

When I said big companies would dominate... I meant big companies would be all about the bottom line and make schwag extremely accessible...

And that will push the cost of "High grade" "homegrown" "medicinal" bud thru the roof...

On top of that...

The seed trade would change drastically to a federally taxed & regulated dump hole... There will be more breeders than strains...

Complete legalization is a double edge sword...

Imho....

Firstly the government knows full well the medicinal value of cannabis. Don't confuse their political agneda and rhetoric for the facts that they have researched behind the scenes.

Secondly GW pharmaceuticals seems to produce perfectly decent cannabis, as with the federal mmj program. What evidence, if any, do you base your assumptions on?

As for the cost of "high grade" going through the roof we must remember its not just cannabis itself that suffers from prohibition but also the culture around it and the spread of information regarding it. Yes granted some people come to sites like this and/or read magazines but once prohibition ends the 'truth', if you will, regarding cannabis will be much more available to your average joe, all sorts of people will start growing who wouldn't have thought about it before, creating a connoisseur market like never seen before perhaps comparable to the higher end of the alchol market. Professors of botany and experienced farmers will study it's nuances, breeders will select from huge numbers. In short things will be as they should.

People if you can't see the positives you are so full of hot air it's unbelievable! I know certain people cannot be convinced as they feel they have too much to lose. Their are winners and losers in every situation. Look how many people made their fortunes from alcohol prohibition.

I'm sorry but all these big sweeping statements which people like you come up with to scare those in favour of legalization are just fabrications.

As for making schwag available to "be all about the bottom line", thats laughable we're not talking about some mexican supply line here, it's not exactly difficult to grow a large field of mid grade lightly seeded bud with modern methods and a bit of know-how. After all they don't have to worry about smuggling it over borders or harvesting early to avoid the DEA.

I don't even know why I bothered to reply now, hopefully others should be able to see the bias in your post and others like it without reading mine.

PS Oh no! Regulated seed biz! NO more $100 dollar packs from Soma/Sensi without a single one germing and nobody to complain to, that would be awful:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts