What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growcraft x330 for early seedling veg settings

mountainoutlaw

Im about to around 25 seedlings under a small 6500k led ..after they break ground, the only other light i have on hand that will be big enough to further develope them for the outdoor half shade nursery...is the Chilledlogic growcraft x330.

Now this is a really highout put light. Diodes are 301H with some far reds. Diodes are 50 percent 5000k and 50 percent 3000k. I can adjust it anywhere between 33 - 330 watts.

Ive never tried raise seedlings with a highpowered mostly flowering led.

What distance and wattage would you recommend? Thanks

Corpselover Fat

3up330w24inch_2x4.jpg

If you ran it 24/7 in a 2*4 tent I would not advice more than 50% at 24" for vegging plants. That would be fairly high dli of ~40. For seedlings you could probably start around 25% or even lower. If you run less hours adjust accordingly. If you want to save a bit of energy you can hanging it lower and adjust intensity. If you have a larger area with no reflective walls you might want to use a meter to determine how much light you are losing.

mountainoutlaw

Thanks, this will be a open area with some reflective walls..just short term until the girls get strong. Very good info. Thanks dude

mountainoutlaw

View attachment 18846388

If you ran it 24/7 in a 2*4 tent I would not advice more than 50% at 24" for vegging plants. That would be fairly high dli of ~40. For seedlings you could probably start around 25% or even lower. If you run less hours adjust accordingly. If you want to save a bit of energy you can hanging it lower and adjust intensity. If you have a larger area with no reflective walls you might want to use a meter to determine how much light you are losing.
On seedlings would you still hang at 24?