What's new

Growall- no interest for this? I am dreaming of maximum yield.

250wscrogger

wow this is retarded....why would you want to grow a bunch of 5-7 gram plants...build a real system and grow real plants....

A nice 3 shelf stadium with 12 per light (3-4oz per plant) would be much better....

1k on a mover over a 4x8 table with 128 6'' pots will work well if you're going straight from clone....however, these types of setups are pointless if you have a seperate veg room....

zenoonez

Veteran
Because if you are growing 7 gram plants they are small and you can shove hundreds of them under the lights. Its a lot of work but you have no veg time, your turnover is fast which means more crops which means more profit per kwhr. I mean if you aren't afraid of the feds, high numbers of small plants are the way to go.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT THE OP HAS ONLY ONE POST.....THE ORIGINAL POST IN THIS THREAD....

DOES ANYONE NOT SEE THE ADVERTISEING HERE????

BigGuns90

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT THE OP HAS ONLY ONE POST.....THE ORIGINAL POST IN THIS THREAD....

DOES ANYONE NOT SEE THE ADVERTISEING HERE????

Oh thats good point. Ive readed much about commercial vertical setups. Noticed the "Coliseum" and Rotogro are the best and others r crap. That system on picture looks like fail cause design is so bad.

Im just interested about Pi-Wall cause i didnt find information about it...

B

Bob Smith

So no one honestly believes that with single cola plants, clones put in at roughly 10-12 inches will produce upwards of 14grams per plant?

That tends to make me believe you guys have never seen a true SOG in action? I've seen many, many SOG's where plants averaged 7-15grams per plant, using very small clones. Or folks who consistently are pulling 4-5lbs from a 120 site table using a single 600...(I don't have link, site is no longer) So i'm sure 169 sites can produce the same 5lbs...

Granted after looking at the bottom table again, I do see where the bottom table may suffer compared to the vert plants, but I see more efficiency, if you add a parabolic reflector at the top over the entire grow, so all light will be reflected back down into grow.

I may mimic this setup closely, but probably space sites out another inch or so apart from each other...

Hmmm.... I seem to be the only dreamer..lol

But, come on now, with 2 1000's ya.... I think you could get some nice yields outta that.

Oh ya, and I'd def build that over buying it...lol, unless it only cost maybe $50...then I'd probably buy it, oh, I'd use Coco too, I despise Rockwool.

Lol.........you're right, I've never seen a "true SOG", definitely haven't run them for years :tiphat:.........and if you think anyone's pulling 4-5lbs. from a single light (a 600 at that :laughing:), I've got a bridge to sell you :wave:

Your total lack of understanding the variables inherent in any grow and attributing a certain weight to plants regardless of space available makes me think that it is YOU who have never seen a "true SOG", my friend.

Have a nice day, and send me a link to your two light, 10lb grow whenever you get a chance..........thanks.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
So no one honestly believes that with single cola plants, clones put in at roughly 10-12 inches will produce upwards of 14grams per plant?

That tends to make me believe you guys have never seen a true SOG in action? I've seen many, many SOG's where plants averaged 7-15grams per plant, using very small clones. Or folks who consistently are pulling 4-5lbs from a 120 site table using a single 600...(I don't have link, site is no longer) So i'm sure 169 sites can produce the same 5lbs...

Granted after looking at the bottom table again, I do see where the bottom table may suffer compared to the vert plants, but I see more efficiency, if you add a parabolic reflector at the top over the entire grow, so all light will be reflected back down into grow.

I may mimic this setup closely, but probably space sites out another inch or so apart from each other...

But, come on now, with 2 1000's ya.... I think you could get some nice yields outta that.

Oh ya, and I'd def build that over buying it...lol, unless it only cost maybe $50...then I'd probably buy it, oh, I'd use Coco too, I despise Rockwool.

VSOG's are different.

I don't see how you would be able to get coco in a DIY system like that...

Prove us wrong please.

MyGreenToe

Because if you are growing 7 gram plants they are small and you can shove hundreds of them under the lights. Its a lot of work but you have no veg time, your turnover is fast which means more crops which means more profit per kwhr. I mean if you aren't afraid of the feds, high numbers of small plants are the way to go.

This is retarded. It's called perpetual. With a little forethought, anyone, growing any size plants, can have instant turnover at every harvest. You'll just be doin alot more work cloning than the rest of us to do it. Meanwhile we will have to have our plants vegged out to the right size at harvest time to keep things goin. Perpetual is achievable regardless of plant size. This just goes to further show your complete lack of understanding regarding the many variables. Go ahead and show us how it's done. I'll get a good laugh out of watching you fail to meet your lofty goals. Maybe it will keep others from buying that horrible system...

Senses and Logic, you deff dont have any!

you're standing on flat ground yet you want to be on top of the mountain, well boy, its time to start walking or ya never gonna get there!

FO20.

ill be making one of theese or somewhat one of theese in the coming years and shooting for a one pound auto harvest of a 250hps grown in coco,perlite n castings, if u dont set goals u wont get there but i think its possible-

zenoonez

Veteran
This is retarded. It's called perpetual. With a little forethought, anyone, growing any size plants, can have instant turnover at every harvest. You'll just be doin alot more work cloning than the rest of us to do it. Meanwhile we will have to have our plants vegged out to the right size at harvest time to keep things goin. Perpetual is achievable regardless of plant size. This just goes to further show your complete lack of understanding regarding the many variables. Go ahead and show us how it's done. I'll get a good laugh out of watching you fail to meet your lofty goals. Maybe it will keep others from buying that horrible system...

First things first I am not the OP, I was simply answering the question. Furthermore, I am not talking about perpetual. I am talking about efficiency. You use kwhrs to veg plants out which means that the plant puts energy into getting larger instead of producing nothing but bud. Furthermore, and I think where you missed my point entirely, when you run a sog you are flowering rooted clones meaning that you have no veg time. So assuming you have a 60 day strain you can have 6 harvests per year. Using the same strain with 1 month veg you will get 4 harvests. It simply means that you are going to get an extra two harvests out of the year. Btw, I am not advocating anyone buying this system, I think it would be better for someone to take a look at Heath Robinsons vert runs and make their own. Oh and keep your ad hominem attacks to yourself.

MyGreenToe

You use kwhrs to veg plants out which means that the plant puts energy into getting larger instead of producing nothing but bud. Furthermore, and I think where you missed my point entirely, when you run a sog you are flowering rooted clones meaning that you have no veg time. So assuming you have a 60 day strain you can have 6 harvests per year. Using the same strain with 1 month veg you will get 4 harvests. It simply means that you are going to get an extra two harvests out of the year.

You use kw/h to get those clones rooted, and space. Not to mention kw/h maintaining large mums.
If you set your shit up right, you can be flowering year round, regardless of plant size in flower. Give me your 60 day strain and i'll pull 6 tree harvests a year while you crop a SOG at the same rate. It's all in how your garden is designed...

Sorry if my tone was overly negative. I enjoy the back and forth and can get caught up.

zenoonez

Veteran
You use kw/h to get those clones rooted, and space. Not to mention kw/h maintaining large mums.
If you set your shit up right, you can be flowering year round, regardless of plant size in flower. Give me your 60 day strain and i'll pull 6 tree harvests a year while you crop a SOG at the same rate. It's all in how your garden is designed...

Sorry if my tone was overly negative. I enjoy the back and forth and can get caught up.

Cheers. I Figured as much on the tone. I agree you have drawbacks either way. I am just saying keeping moms that you can keep under a couple flouros is probably more energy efficient in the long run than vegging out trees. Thats payed for by the extra work maintaining moms and clones but it depends on each person's situation. Vert is great if you dont have to worry about numbers. If anyone has figured out how to not worry about numbers let me know cuz feds is some scary sonbitches.

Incognegro

Senses and Logic, you deff dont have any!

FO20.

Negative attitude and insults, you definitely have!

5lbs from a single 600? thats 3.7 grams a watt growing horizontal.
I feel 100% assured calling bullshit. Even 4lbs from a single 600 horizontally is a pipe dream.
3 grams a watt is virtually unattainable. It requires the perfect storm of strain, grow system, and master grower. Talk is cheap.

I'm not here to prove what anyone CAN'T do, that is for the rest of IC, as yourself.. I like to think of what CAN be done.

Negative results equal negative outcomes.
People need to stop riding each others coat tails, or stop being so pessimistic about thinking outside the box.

But for those of you who can't...let break it down shall we...

If anyone cares to refer back to the OP, he was talking about using 2 1000's...so let's use SENSE and LOGIC

2000 watts...169 plant sites.

Fuck it, since more agree some plant sites will suffer, lets just say 150.

2000 / < (that means divide btw) 150

So, 2000 / 150 = is 14..9..15grams per plant.
2240 / 2000 = 1.12 1.12gram per watt

VERY EASY to obtain, even horizontal... if you can't forsee getting 14grams per plant even with the shittiest strain, and using 150 cuttings, you need to rethink YOUR strategy of growing, and stop telling someone else who you don't know anything about, that it CAN'T be done! Nuff said.:tiphat:

Alot of you guys crack me up with the whole "I haven't seen it, or heard of it, so it can't be done attitude" :laughing:LMAO...same thing was happening for about a year or 2 when growing vertical was first being done..now look...everybody jumping on his nuts to try it...

This system, nor are any of the COMMERCIAL systems are feasible for you guys. I see alot of you growing in cabinets and closets and tents and shit..NO this will not work for you.

The BIGGEST problem I actually see with any of the larger commercial systems are the actual part of obtaining large number of clones...ie for the system in the OP, you'll need 169. Most of you guys prob don't use 169 in a year! So again, no it would not be for you. But just because YOU can't apply it to your specific need/setup, etc, don't think it can't be done.:dance013:

As I said in a previous post... I will fabricate a very similar system to this, using probably a single 1000. I can easily see myself pulling 3+ pounds from. I will need to get my moms in order and in shape before, but it will be done.:tiphat:

Incognegro

Many? I'd like to see just one. With valid proof.
I'd be quick to mimic a single bulb 5 lbs setup.

:tiphat:

MARLO

Many, yes, but

You misunderstood me Marlo, I was referring to the "I've seen many, many SOG's where plants averaged 7-15grams per plant, using very small clones."

wow this is retarded....why would you want to grow a bunch of 5-7 gram plants...build a real system and grow real plants....

A nice 3 shelf stadium with 12 per light (3-4oz per plant) would be much better....

1k on a mover over a 4x8 table with 128 6'' pots will work well if you're going straight from clone....however, these types of setups are pointless if you have a seperate veg room....
Ahhh!! SOMEONE knows what SOG of green is! The rest of you who contrasted, or tried to contradict my statements, need to read the above

On another note, I've used light movers, not impressed. Instead of a single 1000 on mover, 2 600s would be better in my opinion..and from experience.

B

Bob Smith

Alot of you guys crack me up with the whole "I haven't seen it, or heard of it, so it can't be done attitude" :laughing:LMAO...same thing was happening for about a year or 2 when growing vertical was first being done..now look...everybody jumping on his nuts to try it...

This system, nor are any of the COMMERCIAL systems are feasible for you guys. I see alot of you growing in cabinets and closets and tents and shit..NO this will not work for you.

Good point, I should probably just go throw all this PVC in the trash because clearly I don't know half as much as you do.

Have a nice day.

Attachments

• 10.5.10 005.jpg
    10.5.10 005.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 10.5.10 006.jpg
    10.5.10 006.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 15

Incognegro

Lol.........you're right, I've never seen a "true SOG", definitely haven't run them for years :tiphat:.........and if you think anyone's pulling 4-5lbs. from a single light (a 600 at that :laughing:), I've got a bridge to sell you :wave:

Your total lack of understanding the variables inherent in any grow and attributing a certain weight to plants regardless of space available makes me think that it is YOU who have never seen a "true SOG", my friend.

Have a nice day, and send me a link to your two light, 10lb grow whenever you get a chance..........thanks.

2 things...
1) i never said I could show you a 2 light 10lb harvest, that is something you saw, in your quick, frustrated attempt to add your disbelief to the thread...
2) I think you need to read my entire post that you quoted, my bad, the first sentence merged with the first paragraph.

But i'll spell it out... 10-12 inch rooted clones, in a 120site system, weighing 14+ grams a piece, do the math. 3.75lbs, and yes it CAN be done. No I did not include other factors, as i felt it was not necessary, and still isn't. The point is it CAN and HAS been done, several times. Oh, 1 last thing, I know i said 4lbs, so if you add another gram to each plant you'll get your 4lbs...:tiphat:

Sheeesh, some, errr, most of you guys are so narrow minded:moon:

Incognegro

Good point, I should probably just go throw all this PVC in the trash because clearly I don't know half as much as you do.

Have a nice day.

??What?? Do you guys LIKE to argue?

Your post makes no sense compared to the post you quoted.

I actually liked the way the system is set up... but do feel there may be a lot of wasted light, but alas I do not know how you're running the system, so I can't comment.
Showing a pic of PVC doesn't really mean anything..:dunno:
I can go in my workshop and show you even more PVC, or hell I'll go to Lowes or Home Depot, to the plumbing section...what will it show or prove?

B

Bob Smith

Or folks who consistently are pulling 4-5lbs from a 120 site table using a single 600...(I don't have link, site is no longer) So i'm sure 169 sites can produce the same 5lbs...

This quote, directly above.

That's where I got your ludicrous statement from - you're assuming that one can always get 15 grams a plant, without taking into a myriad of additional factors.

I went with two lights and ten pounds because you said you wanted to use 2 1Ks, and I wasn't sure you were up to the expertise of the 5lbs/600 grower, so I tentatively penciled you in for 5lbs/1K :moon:

The pic of the PVC setup and my growroom was to directly contradict your claim that anyone who doesn't believe in your ridiculous claims is obviously a closet or micro grower.

I'm over this, anyone reading the thread can see who they think is more knowledgeable about the subject; again, have a nice day.

Incognegro

What it all comes down to it seems is this.

Majority of ICMaggers are stuck in there ways, and instead of trying things themselves, they'd rather someone else do all the hard work, THEN jump on the bandwagon... "You do it first, then we'll see"

In todays world, you gotta be open-minded.