What's new

GROW TENTS !!!!!!!!!

LifeCycle

Raque said:
How about you explain to us all how the tent is a fire hazard.

It's no different than a 4x4 closet or room or tarped off area.

Next you're going to tell us the Tent poses the fire hazard, but the overloaded circuit is fine.

:pointlaug

The tent poses a fire hazard and the overloaded circuit is fine. What I cant voice my opinion? :bat:

Last edited:

yts farmer

Veteran
i got the budbox xl which is the 1.2x1.2x2 meter version and got it at a decent price.

but recently these same budboxes have been going for around the 130 quid mark on that popular auction site and thats a great price.

R4st4

hey, i got my homebox yesterday (1x1x2 m)... have just set it up it looks much like hydrohut and both probably dose the same trick :) , the greenroom looks abit cheap tbh. but if its light proof then it probably work as good as homebox and hydrohut..

What i can say aboute homebox is that the quality seems good and r easy to build probably didnt use more than 35-40 min.. had some probs with the reinforcement bar in the roof... homebox also have a mount for carbon filter, 3 air inlet at the bottom of the tent, u also got a hole for tubing/cables. at the top of the tent u got 1 exhaust hole and 1 hole for cables..the homebox can be opened so u have 3 sides open wich is good so u can get easy access.

in my box i have a 400 w hps with remote ballast, 225 m3/h and a 150 m3 carbon filter.
i got my box from alien growshop along with fan, filte rand reflector, the homebox was 226 euro http://www.growshopalien.com/onlineshop/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=front.html

heres some pic not much action yet but they will be set on 12/12 light cycle within a week..

cobo

R4st4 said:
hey, i got my homebox yesterday (1x1x2 m)... have just set it up it looks much like hydrohut and both probably dose the same trick :) , the greenroom looks abit cheap tbh. but if its light proof then it probably work as good as homebox and hydrohut..

What i can say aboute homebox is that the quality seems good and r easy to build probably didnt use more than 35-40 min.. had some probs with the reinforcement bar in the roof... homebox also have a mount for carbon filter, 3 air inlet at the bottom of the tent, u also got a hole for tubing/cables. at the top of the tent u got 1 exhaust hole and 1 hole for cables..the homebox can be opened so u have 3 sides open wich is good so u can get easy access.

in my box i have a 400 w hps with remote ballast, 225 m3/h and a 150 m3 carbon filter.
i got my box from alien growshop along with fan, filte rand reflector, the homebox was 226 euro http://www.growshopalien.com/onlineshop/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=front.html

heres some pic not much action yet but they will be set on 12/12 light cycle within a week..

K :joint: eep the pics coming

purpleplayer007

hey whats up r4st4- i got a homebox too what kind of filters do you put on the intakes and are you supposed to get a certain type of carbon scrubber or charcoal filter

R4st4

hey pp.. i got mine from a webshop its a 150 cm(carbon filter). u can make ur own 2, but go for a round design since it already got a mount for it..

RuralRoute420

^

^

r4st4 - what size is that exhaust hole? 6"? also, what size fan are you running there and what kind of temps are you getting?

yts farmer

Veteran
hey r4st4 your homebox and its contents look pukka m8.

alien does the best deals around.just had some pips off him and saved a few quid in the process.saved about 15/16 quid on a pack of th hog.

Last edited:

R4st4

hey...

rr420: yes its 6" and im using a 6" 125cfm fan..temps havent been over 27 C. and its summer.. hehe but im at 70 degrees north :)

Z10N

i love those tents , my local hydro shop swears by the tents. they sell drying tents with an option for cabron filter suction. those tenst are pretty big you can fit a good amount of plants in it if you use it smart. i would deffentily rather have a plastic based medium to grow in instead of a heavy wooden framed closet, just in the worse security issues... you can just fold everything up fast.

deffenitly give it a try man

Dreamscape

Could you setup a shelf in that Homebox tent so you could use it as a clone / mother tent with two light setups or is the frame not strong enough ??

I'm looking to setup a mother/clone Tent or Box and seeing as these are all ready to go if I could toss a shelf in there to hold the clone box and the mothers lights then i'd be all over it ...

G

cobo said:
thx man... anyone else have any of theses tents???????????

I just bought one the hydrohuts and have it in a secluded room in my upstairs area. I have everything I need except good ventilation. I had to cut 3" off of the uprights to get some clearance but now I don't think I have enough room to efficiently use the ventilation hole at the top of the hut. I am wondering if I could insert ducting into the "inlet" and pull the heat out through the inlet with vortex or other inline fan. any suggestions? :confused:

G

cheaper tents

cheaper tents

personally i'd buy 1 of those plastic greenhouses from a diy place and then reline it myself

easy and cheap i just pinned the back against the wall and relined the rest using the clear plastic cover provided as a template ,,total cost was £42

kushedout

Ebbenflow...a picture would definately help. The question is kind of confusing. I have a hydrohut and I really don't see what you modified in that area to not be able to use the exhaust properly. A blower with some ducting would help but if you can do it the way it was meant to be done I'm sure it would be better.

I don't have experience using any of the homeboxes, but I can tell you this, being that I am a hydrohut user, the homebox is pretty similar to the hydrohut being that they are growrooms with all the inlets and exhausts built in, and that they are both designed to have an enclosed environment, but the hydrohuts are far sturdier than the homebox. The material used in the hydrohut is very durable, thick, and can withstand typical "accidents" that occur in and around the hut. The homebox I'm not too sure of. Very cheap looking material that doesn't look like it can withstand much. Oh and by the way, a few mods you can do to make your hut work w whooooole lot better would be to hang up mylar on the inside walls of your huts, makes a huge difference over the white plastic material on the inside walls that come standard. Also to install T-5 supplimental lighting around your tray to help with growth down below. Especially with more bushy strains.

Here is my hydrohut. 3 600w HPS lights all cooled with a vortex fan and all linked with ducting connected straight to the exhaust. A carbon scrubber sucking in cool clean air from another room is what starts everything off at the inlet. Everything on my system is stock except for modifying the tray table to be a lot lower and also adding T5 all the way around the tray for extra lighting. I recommend everyone to make these mods but make sure you cut the legs off accurately. Last thing you want is for the tray to not be level. Here are 30 og kush plants at day 31 of flower. 2nd run with this system and loving it.

R4st4

lol Kushedout what pills r u on? what do u mean by this "but the hydrohuts are far sturdier than the homebox." how can u know when u havent used 1..and when it comes to the material it looks dam much the same... when i compare pics of homebox and hydrohut the 1x1x2 m versions they look as a copy of eachother all the same..lol ... frame seem to be constructed the same way as the homebox same with the reinforced roof even the filter mount looks same....

G

hey kushedout, I got a cam but can't seem to get my pics on here. a little help?

If I could just do this when I'm not high.... :chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts