What's new

Grow Tent OutGassing / Offgassing WARNING!!

Longhair

Hello, I Bought A Tent From Ebigonline
May 17, 2009
www.ebigonline.com
270390917401 Hydroponics Grow Tent 4x4x6.5 Ft Grow Box Cabinet $129.95 USD

Shortly After I Wanted To Buy Extra Wires That Support The Top. They Said They Don't Sell Parts. So I Asked Who Was The Maker With No Answer.
A Few Weeks Later I Read This Report. I Asked Them About The Gassing Problems, They Said There Tents Were OK. I Asked Them Again Who Was The Maker, With No Response. I Thought They Might Be Hiding Something.
A Few Days Ago I Came Across That There Are A Ton Of Law Suits Against Them & There Other Companies For Many Things. Don't Know If Any Deal With Tents.
I Don't Think This Can Be Done, But Is There A Way To Find The Maker.

Thank You
Longhair

bluntt

Hello, I Bought A Tent From Ebigonline
May 17, 2009
www.ebigonline.com
270390917401 Hydroponics Grow Tent 4x4x6.5 Ft Grow Box Cabinet $129.95 USD

Shortly After I Wanted To Buy Extra Wires That Support The Top. They Said They Don't Sell Parts. So I Asked Who Was The Maker With No Answer.
A Few Weeks Later I Read This Report. I Asked Them About The Gassing Problems, They Said There Tents Were OK. I Asked Them Again Who Was The Maker, With No Response. I Thought They Might Be Hiding Something.
A Few Days Ago I Came Across That There Are A Ton Of Law Suits Against Them & There Other Companies For Many Things. Don't Know If Any Deal With Tents.
I Don't Think This Can Be Done, But Is There A Way To Find The Maker.

Thank You
Longhair
im glad you posted a pic of your tent because i almost bought one of them yesterday,what about the tents that have the water proof mylar any news of that silver film being toxic

Longhair

im glad you posted a pic of your tent because i almost bought one of them yesterday,what about the tents that have the water proof mylar any news of that silver film being toxic

Hello,
I Think Your Mistaking Me For Someone Else, I Didn't Post A Picture. Anyway My Tent Doesn't Have Mylar It's Completely White.
I Sorta Looked At What They Have Now. They're Different. If You Buy One Check Out Their Warranty & Return Policy! When You Get It Check It Out Closely I Think They Sell 2nds. The Workmanship On Mine Was Crappy! I Would Suggest Buying From Someone Else Even If It Costs A Little More & Buy A Name Brand!

Thank You
Longhair

Sundance

You say you called it a Homobox as a typo? What kind of back tracking little girl are you, look at your keyboards everyone, see how the E is all the way on the LEFT, and the O is all the way on the RIGHT, so I call bullshit on that one.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Brilliant ... L ... E .... O

Looking at your nik - hahahahahahahahahhaha

Now - I see why you were offended

Hahahahahahahhahahahaha

Longhair

I know,I saw the link and i was just asking about the tents that have the water proof mylar and also dont your tent have pvc lining in it thanks

Hello,
I Figured By Saying No Mine Doesnt Have Mylar Its All White, That Logically You Would Be Able To Comprehend That It's White PVC. Should I Haved Dumbed It Down More?
The Silver Mylar Is Safe From What I've Read. OK?

Thank You
Longhair

wholelottasmoke

tent madness!

tent madness!

Wow. Just when I was ready for some tent action, I see this. Frickin crazy. I just thought these sorts of setups were going to be better because you could control the environment so much better. Well, only if the tent doesn't suck.

Anyone know of any review sites where you might be able to compare tents and their manufacturers? Or is it just up to the customer to find out what everyone is saying?

Of course, I guess I could just come to you guys when I'm ready to buy...

:laughing:

damnit

damnit

I picked up a cheap tent from a retailer on ebay, went down and picked up from them, and for no other reason than it is relevant because cheap scetchy shit like this usually comes from asia, they where super asian... I had a problem with PM/blight/ and SM this last time around due to some bad cuts. and I introduced that tent at like week 3 in flower. the girls had alright growth, considering the problems and constant remedies they faced, and I didn't have any completely die out, they all matured like they should have, just weak and showing a little of what looked like blight, rusting leaves, deff./overdose signs (i was using mild organic teas the whole time in soil... so that wasn't it),and eventually death to larger foliage. The PM kept at bay but these signs of what i thought origanlly was deff., and later blight, seem like they could be offgassing too? I don't want to get rid of the tent, because it works great for my set up, and keeps things neat, tidy, and easy to manage. However, I don't want to risk it either. Does this sound like it could be another one of the problems I am having? Or would it have killed off everything i had in there in the 8 weeks I used it? Note a couple of the girls cam eout untouched and prime time, so would it have affected all of them if it was offgassing? Or even worse should I just assume that a cheap as fuck tent probably made in asia, or with products from there, is the reason my plants show signs similar to blight, and the PM is just another seperate problem?

masque

Hi,
I'd like to say that I'm growing in Global Hydro BudBox Silver right now and no offgassing issues. Have fun! :joint:

picture.php

ReRun

Correction to what you misintrepreted

Correction to what you misintrepreted

Anyone notice how this guy said milligrams of it are harmful to humans and then in the same breath said that a test they performed on their plastic measuring in this scale has no valid data? When in fact it shows that the levels harmful to humans are within acceptable health limitations?

How do you make a point and then stab it in the back in the same breath? I don't know.

You misinterpreted the information. It takes picograms of certain compounds to hurt plant. It takes less of that same compound to hurt humans. The Homebox test for milligrams (much larger than picograms) showed no significant amount of the compound and therefore it won't hurt humans BUT since they didn't measure the compound at the picogram level, their test would not have indicated safety to a plant.

juicie

I have a new budbox XL and im having serious offgass issues! Can i wash the tent with something thats stops this "gaschamber" effect? Mayby spray the whole thing with some sealing of some sort, nano spray er something?

S

Sir_Nugget

the new tents made by homebox, grow lab, dark room and hydrohut no longer off-gas. If you have a tent that off gases i suggest contacting the manufactuer of the tent, if they don't do anything, throw the tent away,and get a new one.. its worth it

juicie

I have tried contacting my grow shop but they stopped answering my emails :(

I have just startet on my truck licens (its about 5000 $) so im pretty broke right now..

greenfingerrs

I have a new budbox XL and im having serious offgass issues! Can i wash the tent with something thats stops this "gaschamber" effect? Mayby spray the whole thing with some sealing of some sort, nano spray er something?

:fsu:I've had the very same model of Budbox for about 16 months and had serious serious problems. It's thanks to this site AND I MEAN THAT, MANY MANY THANKS. I can now stop pulling my hair out and grow some nice girls that won't be Gassed To Death. I've ditched the budbox and got myself a silver lined Dark Room DRS100 (Put into action yesterday). I grew or tried to grow about 8 different strains in that Budbox and there were only 2 strains that made it to the end, White Russian & White Widow (although yield was way below what it should have been). So if i were you mate i'd get shot of the Budbox. :fsu:

supermanlives

Veteran
the replacement hydrohut material i got killed plants too. they have since switched to a new silver colored material inside. fuk them . i used the old frame and redid it myself. DAVESNOTHERE

piosh

hia all.
Im quite inexperienced grower (growing only 2 years) so I have to ask you guys do you think I might have off-gassing problem or Im paranoid (I wish its only me)?

Summary:

For my current grow I bought grow tent made of white-black layer ,for around 70$.
Prepared my own grow medium (40%coco/60%soil , some dolomite for pH buffering - was using similar recipes and they worked good).
15-16 days ago Ive sprouted 3 beans. Since begining they they were going quite good, but since I know this strain well(I did it 4 times before) I saw that something is going on.
they were looking once lil bit lighter/lil bit darker , on second leaves (3-fingered) I saw symptoms like verry smal Cal deficiency (little spots at the tips). I gave my babies some nutes although they were only 7 days old - they responded well, but weird "something" was still there (dunno - its something about their colour , Ive never seen on this strain before) so I decided to give them strong nutes dose at 14 days of veg phase.
After 2 days they havent stunned their growth or anything but when I look carefully they look like they might have still same symptom - little bit defiances(N)(Mg)(no Cal tip-spots) /little bit overfert(??)/ maybe lock dont have idea.
Thing that hit me was that symptoms are visible on younger leaves (this funny colors caleidoscope) and older(two lowest pairs) are like chewing-gum in touch and when I pull it lightly.
Frankly speaking - atm Im confused - not sure if I fcked up something with pH/nutes it might be tent or I simply need to get a life and need to stop gawping at them :D .
When they were sprouting them I havent seen so strong symptoms like in some pictures (seedlings with almost white centres).
Could I please ask you guys to look at my pictures and tell your first impression:
-ph/overfert
-tent
-go get girlfriend ^^.

I measure pH at each watering , seedlings were sprouted in this growtent.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I know that that might be over reacting but Im quite begginer and dont know what to think.
I wonder whether it wouldent kill them after 16 days , especially if they were sprouted inside.
I also havent noticed any "plastic" smell.

Tokesome

Online auction tent off gassing problem???

Online auction tent off gassing problem???

Personally the biggest worry IMHO is the literaly 100's of no name ones appearing on auctions as this is a way for manufacturers to dump products and cut losses.

So is this still happening? As if I haven`t had enough problems this past year and a half in my bigger grow.

In this grow a grow tent has been used satisfactorily for 2 grows and another one has now been bought to go along side it.

This one has all 8 plants in it and is having problems. The plants were as healthy as you could hope for just a week ago, that`s how long they`ve been in this tent, and now they`re showing some serious signs of stress. I know the feed is all ok and the ph etc., and they`re being fed drain to waste and in the second transplanted pot stage. There are also 2 different strains, Cheese and Armageddon so its not a pheno problem.

I had no such issues with the cheese strain in the other tent for two grows, though I do know its a strain that suffers easily as I`ve found elsewhere with tap water issues.

The older tent here has no white reflective interior, just silver, whereas the one that has just been added (Growfast, from online auction site) has a white reflective spill tray and white reflective plasic is used for some strange reason on 2 of the in out sleeves for cables and ducting etc.,, the rest of the tent is lined in a silver mylar type material.

The problems look like Phosphorus or Potassium def`s.

Photo094_4_1_1.jpg

Photo099_5_1_1.jpg

Photo104_6_1_1.jpg

Canna coco A+B is being used at ec1.1 with half dose rhizotonic and a tiny amount of superthrive, ph`d to 5.8, which the plants should be thriving on.

If I remove the spill tray and remove the two ducting/wiring sleeves, the only visible parts that have the white plastic, should the tent be safe? Or is the same toxic materials likely to be used in other hidden parts of the tent`s construction.

Online auction sites are no place to be buying grow gear unless you have a manufacturer`s name on what you`re buying and can be sure its not a copy. I recently bought a 8inch 940m3ph fan matched with a 1040m3ph rated carbon filter (not for the grow tent, obvoiusly). The filter just does not do the job and smells were being pumped out and putting me at risk. The supplier insisted they`d had no issues previously and sent me another free of charge, this didn`t work either and when I contacted them they said they were surprised and had only had one other person who had had an issue with them. I smell a strong smell of bulls**t there.

They sent me a refund and I bought one locally, an Original Can Filter, rated at 1000m3ph which was twice as expensive and twice the thickness in the carbon collar. . . . it works fine.

I wont be buying anything from the online auction sites for my growing in the future that`s for sure.

I`ve moved all the plants into the older growtent now, so hoping to see signs of improvement over the next few days, I`ll keep you posted as to the prgress.

Anyone got an answer to whether my tent will be ok with the visible white plastic parts removed?

Thanks, Toke

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i had budboxes kill many of my plants as well. i would take them out under the light in an open room and they would grow fine and then put them in the budboxes and they would slowly die. i run growlabs and homeboxes now and everything is great. fuck budbox. peace and smoke.