What's new

grow spot compromised - weird situation

E

el dub

gp7: You think the OP is a troll? Why?

If so, your suspicions make little sense to me.

lw

S

SeaMaiden

lw
Gotta agree here. Yes, very few posts, but why register in '09 to then become a troll now? Makes no sense.

It still also makes no sense to me that anyone with a legitimate reason to be at that building would have thrown the old locks into the bushes.

MIway

Veteran
Gotta agree here. Yes, very few posts, but why register in '09 to then become a troll now? Makes no sense.

dunno for sure, but it seems to me, some folks might have a stash of 'burner' handles & do varying things w them. i can notice it from time to time.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran

lw

i'm not saying the OP is trolling....

but
1. who throws the old locks in the bushes?
2. the deed is in the OP's name. who would be messing with someone else's property like that? i can see robbery, but not squatting. of course i do not know the neighborhood so i guess it's possible.
3. locks changed a while ago, but nobody has been back... strange...

i don't know it just seems completely illogical... :dunno:

and hoodfarmer please forgive me if my suspicions are wrong but this makes no sense...

any updates on the camera and photos?

btw, what is the mailman delivering if you don't live there? having mail sent there? or junk mail?

T

Toes.

a troll with security issues...?

Don't trolls usually post flame bait?

N E ways.

Any Juicy footage OP?

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I think he smoked way too much herb/hash/BHO jefferys, whatever, freaked out,
changed the locks, threw the old ones in the bushes, and forgot it all.
The keys are probably on his chain.

1and1

Maybe this is what happened:
schwilly said:
op is dealing with bodies right now

And the OP, being a smart hood farmer, responds with:

"hi all. well the cameras have been up since sat. havent noticed any suspicious activity. nobody come to the door except the mailman. ill just keep watching. glad my babys are safe tho. "

...and the memory of this whole thing this fades into the aether with the world 2 or 3 dark souls lighter. :tiphat:

This :bashhead:

S

SeaMaiden

I guess it just makes as much sense to me that he's 'trolling' or making this all up just to see reactions as it does that a properly foreclosed property would have locksmiths tossing old locks in the bushes. Which is to say that it doesn't. Make sense to me, that is.

Either way, I personally think it should serve as a warning to anyone who owns any type of property that's not actively occupied. People *do* squat, people do take over such buildings and may go about it by making small changes to see if they're noticed.

skyhigh35

Something like this happened to me several times but under different circumstances. Im in the construction bus n my company we do renovation work. The last job was a 5 story building in a real bad part of town. Once the last of the 10 tenants were out i had a lock smith change ever deadbolt in whole building. I even changed the lock on the front, back & side doors. Came back 2 days later & there were 5 units on top floor that my master key would not work in. I was like wtf these are brand new. Sure enough someone has drilled out our locks cause i saw metal shavings on the floor & replaced it with theirs. We opened the doors & found evidence of junkies had been hanging out. You just got local trash hanging around.....

hoodfarmer

well the cameras still havent shown anything unusal. i dont receive any personal or business mail there just junk mail that everybody gets. but i did talk to some friends that also own properties (they dont know i grow) and one of them said that something similiar had happen to them at one of there rental houses. in this city, the largest in the dirty mitten, mortgage fraud, squatting and scrapping are huge problems. i did do some more checking and found that the property next to mine was sold at tax foreclosure auction in november. perhaps that property owner entered the wrong building (mine also looks vacant) and realized they were definately in the wrong place. but that doesnt explain locks in the bushes unless they are just trifiling. i think if it was rippers or scrappers they would have cleaned me out at that time. its definately not police, they have their own locksmiths and i would never know they was there. and if someone was watching me, they would have a hard time knowing my schedule because its so unpredictable. unless they sat there 24-7. i would show up there at many different times and take different routes to get there. so ive secured the place and will just let it sit until i figure out what to do with it.

Latest posts

Latest posts