What's new

grow spot compromised - weird situation

O

OrganicOzarks

With a set of bump keys anyone can get into your standard locks that are sold at Home Depot, and Lowes. If you spend $200 you can get into almost every lock sold at the major chain stores. Including pad locks. As the name says you just stick the dummy key in, and tap it with a hammer. Then you are in.

I am guessing that you had some dumb ass criminals in there because if I order on Monday I can have a set of bump keys by Wednesday. Then get into your place on Thursday, and be smoking your shit on Friday.

Something does not add up here. None of it makes sense. With out more info from the OP I am thinking that this is medication related. Or should I say over medication related. :)

supermanlives

Veteran
i doubt it was cops. even with a sneek and peak thay stay sneaky and can just pick the locks. the whole idea of sneak and peak is the sneak part.hell even i got lockpicks

Leftcoastnewf

My 2 bits, How far along are the girls?
If they're not ready yet they WILL come back!
Some medi grower near here had it happen. 2 thugs do a BnE, just flipped plants and 2 month later 8 guys come and empty it out.
Be careful around there.

guineapig

Veteran
What if it has something to do with the metal lock contracting due to cold weather?

Maybe a locksmith can chime in who has had years of experience with locks?

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

U

Ultra Current

The guy owns the place. Its obvious that nothing happened. No criminal or cop in the world is going to change the locks. The OP just destroyed all his plants for no reason. He must be smoking some real dank.

S

SeaMaiden

Is your grow locked inside the building? Would anyone who entered automatically see plants and know that it is a grow?

Possibly a squatter who doesn't know what a grow looks like, changed the locks with plans to come back?

Anyone who wanted to rip woulda done it then and there. Why change the locks and tip the owner off?
Squatter is my first thought, or could be one of those types who doesn't squat, but takes over a home or building as though they own it, then proceeds to rent it out. Got lots of that goin' on these days.

I'm landing on either a squatter or someone else trying to take over the building. Got surveillance? Perhaps now's a good time to get some.

Green lung

Veteran
Squatter is my first thought, or could be one of those types who doesn't squat, but takes over a home or building as though they own it, then proceeds to rent it out. Got lots of that goin' on these days.

I'm landing on either a squatter or someone else trying to take over the building. Got surveillance? Perhaps now's a good time to get some.

AAAAHHH yes that very well could be it:tiphat:

I had a guy by me recently that was caught renting out apartments that way lol.

hoodfarmer

grow spot compromised - weird situation

pretty interesting replies everybody. u all gave me some good ideas. but no i was not medicated when i checked grow, and i am sure i used the rite key cuz i was able to get in the back door which at the time had same key as the front. the old locks were found outside in the bushes rite by the door and the new ones they installed werent even the same color as my old ones, they were a bit darker in color which i didnt notice untill i was inside. a person coming in would not see plants rite away, there in locked rooms, but they would see grow supplies around, hear fans etc. running and know something was going on. i am also careful of being followed and looking for strange people, cars, etc. around the place. there have been a lot of burglarys and robberys lately in the area. i dont think it was the alphabets they are sneakier than that. i also dont have any partners. like i said we do have problems with squatters and people renting out (and selling) properties that arent theirs, in fact this has destroyed my city. also there is no smell or lites visable from outside. this is just very strange. i guess ill keep watching the tapes now that cameras are up and see if i can find out anything. my next guess is that someone was walking down the street checking doors to find something to steal and hit a jackpot. they do that alot around here. they werent prepared for what they found so they changed locks intending to come back and something happened. cuz they had a time span of 48+ hrs to come back, i was there tuesday and didnt go back until friday to check on things. from talking to locksmith i think that the top deadbolt lock was not completely engaged and they easily broke the bottom lock and got in, went to nearby home depot and bought locks. i also checked register of deeds online and deed is still in my name only but changes dont show up for at least 30 days online. like i said this is just weird.

S

SeaMaiden

Your last post has it nailed for me, your property is about to be taken over and rented out right under your nose. You have a very good opportunity to nail a very bad person here.

U

Ultra Current

From what you just said that is so wierd. Something shady is going on if you found your old lock in the bushes. Its not cops but very wierd.

B

BrnCow

A while back, some unscrupulous people were changing locks in vacant houses and selling them to unsuspecting buyers. It was in Houston and they pulled off 900 sales or so before they got on to them...Houston Chronicle likely has archives.. of course it seems far fetched for your deal but who the hell knows...

TripleDraw27

Veteran
no i was not medicated when i checked grow
:puke:

Fuck I hate this medicated term lol. You were blazed, high, stoned. This medicated bullshit is so stupid. This world already has to many " medicated people". Grouping herbs with that term is fucking retarded.:tiphat:

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
a person coming in would not see plants rite away, there in locked rooms

Did you notice if these locks had been tampered with?
If not, they may have had no clue what was going on in there.

The only rational explanation is someone is running a scam
to sell your building.

Of course not all thing are rational.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts