What's new

grow spot compromised - weird situation

hoodfarmer

grow spot compromised - weird situation

hi all. well the cameras have been up since sat. havent noticed any suspicious activity. nobody come to the door except the mailman. ill just keep watching. glad my babys are safe tho.

Thanks for checkin' in OP...keep watching, keep us posted.

I would hit it on a day no one was around...like a big holiday, one in which everyone thinks EVERYONE takes the day off...:window: ... just saying.

Keep watching, I think this is calm b4 storm...hope not. :joint:

Maybe this is what happened:

op is dealing with bodies right now

And the OP, being a smart hood farmer, responds with:

"hi all. well the cameras have been up since sat. havent noticed any suspicious activity. nobody come to the door except the mailman. ill just keep watching. glad my babys are safe tho. "

...and the memory of this whole thing this fades into the aether with the world 2 or 3 dark souls lighter. :tiphat:

Wise

Yeah man it could be a number of things given the information. It doesn't sound good. My guess is that it was a mistake, wrong building. If they entered the building and saw the supplies, consider this location and yourself compromised in this community. But then again who knows what happened. No reasonable thief would change the lock and not think the owner wouldn't notice. Sorry dude

If it were me, those plants would be in a thousand pieces in the forest and I would clean up any other questionable activities in my life. But then again I'm not a grower.

G

Goodkarma

locks

locks

I know of more than one person who had locks changed because of a bank error. The wrong address was foreclosed on.

The old locks in the bushes makes that possibility slim.

S

SeaMaiden

I know of more than one person who had locks changed because of a bank error. The wrong address was foreclosed on.

The old locks in the bushes makes that possibility slim.
I've been reading a LOT about this kind of shit, and it amazes me. And it's the local sheriff's department who enforces the move-out, and I've told my locals they need to be more scrutinizing what with how banks use computers to generate this stuff. It's seriously out of hand.

But I agree, no foreclosure would change the locks then throw the old locks in the bushes, just doesn't work that way. Neither would a thief take that time, again, unless it's someone who's planning on trying to take over what they think is an abandoned or foreclosed property.

Wise

But I agree, no foreclosure would change the locks then throw the old locks in the bushes, just doesn't work that way. Neither would a thief take that time, again, unless it's someone who's planning on trying to take over what they think is an abandoned or foreclosed property.
A typical foreclosure might look like this-

1. New property owner shows up at foreclosed property after an off-site auction (or in this hypothesis it would have to be at another location, wouldn't it?).
2. The new property owner, never seeing the property's interior, or in some cases the exterior wants quick, inexpensive entry to his new asset.
3. Naturally the front door is locked so he finds means of entry. Quick goat thinking, he busts the lock which he plans on replacing anyway.
4. Changes lock so former owner does not have access to the building.

And your imagination can run with the rest....

Good idea to have security (surveillance) at your grow location.

Another question that might give us more of a clue- was the trashed lock damaged or was it done by a locksmith?

B

BrnCow

Yes, were the old locks knocked off or just picked and replaced? A locksmith could likely have picked them. They could have forgotten them. The off color makes it weird to me. If I were trying to screw something, I would have out the same color back on it. Locksmith could have also keyed a new key so the old locks could still be used...something is screwy about this one...

meduser180056

Your spot is no longer safe. I know it sucks to hear that especially cause you own the building. That's why growing in something you own isn't a good idea IMO. Not because of property forfeiture laws, but because of situations like this break-ins etc.

I actually had a break in at my spot in mid december not too long ago. I had been there for over 2 years. Luckily for me I was in the process of breaking down to move out anyhow. However the thief went through everything in the house and obviously saw what I was up to. I was extremely lucky cause I think he was panicking and wanted to get the hell out of there. I lost some trivial things, but he totally missed my pounds and cash. I actually was stunned cause nothing was really hid that well. I had everything out of there a couple hours after the break in.

S

SeaMaiden

A typical foreclosure might look like this-

1. New property owner shows up at foreclosed property after an off-site auction (or in this hypothesis it would have to be at another location, wouldn't it?).
2. The new property owner, never seeing the property's interior, or in some cases the exterior wants quick, inexpensive entry to his new asset.
3. Naturally the front door is locked so he finds means of entry. Quick goat thinking, he busts the lock which he plans on replacing anyway.
4. Changes lock so former owner does not have access to the building.

And your imagination can run with the rest....

Good idea to have security (surveillance) at your grow location.

Another question that might give us more of a clue- was the trashed lock damaged or was it done by a locksmith?
Well, I've experienced my own foreclosure, watched several neighbors over the years have their homes foreclosed on, and one of my sisters now works for an investor who buys mostly foreclosed properties. So I can tell you that, in California at least, the type of property and who forecloses on it determines much of how it's handled.

If it's a home and bank foreclosed, they damn near always go through a realtor, so it's never put up for auction but goes onto the MLS. (Multiple listing service.)

If it's a business building, it's usually auctioned off.

In ALL scenarios there are strict legal noticing requirements, stuff about posting in local newspapers and noticing the former owner by mail and physical service.

In neither scenario is a professional locksmith going to do something as lazy as throwing old locks into the bushes. In fact, if the original locks were good, then the locksmith would have likely simply re-keyed the locks instead of going to the trouble and expense of changing them out entirely.

I keep reading and rereading the OP's posts, and the more I think about it, the more angles I examine, the more positive I am that some shill, some piece of true shit, is trying to take over his building. Whether to rent it out illegally or what, I don't know, but that's honestly what it looks like to me.

As if we don't have enough problems with people being made homeless, bad bank foreclosures and the like, ya know?

supermanlives

Veteran
hope all is well. i know if i was in your shoes i would be nervous and not enjoying the holidays much. saty safe man

Wise

I was suggesting that whoever entered the property did so by mistake.

Any way you look at it this location is compromised.

B

BrnCow

Call the local locksmiths. If they changed the locks , they likely have their name and what not...

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i'm beginning to lean towards troll. i don't wanna, but for some reason that keeps entering my mind... :dunno:

Latest posts

Latest posts