What's new

Grow season begins with a bust in Sonoma

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
It's that time of year again. The time when you can't take a walk in the forest without fearing for your life, as cops and growers duke it out for grow space.

The Feds are starting early again this year, and their latest find was something well-established for the beginning of the season. Obviously these plants were started indoors and transplanted after the first frost and the end of the rains.

With the marijuana growing season under way on the North Coast, Sonoma County Sheriff's officials found a large illegal grow on Thursday with an estimated worth of more than $21 million.

The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office Narcotics Unit completed its marijuana season eradication opener approximately 12 miles west of Lake Sonoma in the area of Old Skaggs Springs Road, where a citizen reported finding a marijuana garden in the vicinity while hunting.

When detectives hiked into the area, they located a large garden site, leading to the eradication of 10,500 marijuana plants, Detective Sgt. Chris Bertoli reported.

The plants ranged from 3 to 4 feet in height, Bertoli said. A nearby spring had been diverted to provide the water source for the plants, and the hillside had been cleared of native vegetation to accommodate the operation. An unoccupied campsite was located in an area next to the garden, and it appeared to be only one person tending to the garden.

The estimated street value of the total plants at harvest would be $21 million dollars based on a price of $2,000 a pound.
For more on this report from the Lake County New click here.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CANNATOPIA

"PIGS",Hard at work wasting money harassing peaceful Cannabis Consumers.
Oink! Oink!.
:)

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fucking bastard hunter who snitched probably feels good about himself, what a fucking ass eating fuckhead shithole! Funny thing is had that poor excuse of a human being not snitched like the piece of dogshit he is those plants probably would have made it through to the end! Why do people do things like that? I will never understand the joy of turning in innocent plants that are just trying to grow like God intended them to. What a shame. :(

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
ANything that large is probably a Mexican cartel grow, so fuck those guys and their watering-down of Cali's weed economy.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sincerely doubt it, was probably someone who got tired of growing grapes and did not know better about putting so many plants together so early. They would have definitely been better off spacing them out in patches.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
well they got that crop early enough to where you can get another right back out. Seems like a big waste of much needed resources that could go somewhere else

Cali_Boss

it was probably a cartel. but you people are actually glad that they got caught?!? cmon really? cartels are terrible but its weed, no one should ever get in trouble for growing weed. the end doesnt justify the means. i hope the growers got away in time, its a shame the crop went to waste though.

this is just another reason to legalize. gets rid of all this cartel bullshit, just good old american homegrown

jd4083

Veteran
"PIGS",Hard at work wasting money harassing peaceful Cannabis Consumers.
Oink! Oink!.
:)

What dream world are you living in where somebody with 10k plants is a "peaceful cannabis consumer"? :laughing: get a clue dude, the guys running that op are not hemp-necklace hippies...

Toyot4

it was probably a cartel. but you people are actually glad that they got caught?!? cmon really? cartels are terrible but its weed, no one should ever get in trouble for growing weed. the end doesnt justify the means. i hope the growers got away in time, its a shame the crop went to waste though.

this is just another reason to legalize. gets rid of all this cartel bullshit, just good old american homegrown

i wish they did get caught, then it would be another one tallied up against the cartel.

anyone trying to operate a 10000 plant grow on public land deserves to get busted.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think the cartel's are stupid enough to do 10k plants out in the open this early in the season. I think it was someone with a dream and alot of beans, like I said probably some ex grape grower who was counting on them leaving his crop alone because of the upcoming vote and did not know they should have done it in smaller patches to help avoid detection.

Either way, it still is a shame that all those plants had to die without completing their cycle. Always a sad thing when living plants are murdered for no good reason. Fucking asshole snitches!

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
So people have a RIGHT to grow pot on SOMEONE else's property? The guy tending it was lucky he did not get shot by the hunter, who most likely had the right to be on the land, if he did not own it himself. I am amazed at people nowadays...

WFF

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the hunter was not fucking stupid and a lowlife snitch he would have waited until they were mature and helped himself to a few. Nothing wrong with that if there are 10k of them!

Snitching to the man and having them destroyed is totally senseless! :puke:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I don't think the cartel's are stupid enough to do 10k plants out in the open this early in the season.

The difference is,
you DON'T think they are stupid enough,
I THINK they are smart enough.

'Nuf said.

T

tip staff

the state our country is in..............look what our govt. is up to. is that how you save the world?

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
If the hunter was not fucking stupid and a lowlife snitch he would have waited until they were mature and helped himself to a few. Nothing wrong with that if there are 10k of them!

Snitching to the man and having them destroyed is totally senseless! :puke:

So it is better to steal then report to the police? Maybe, he should wait until all plants are mature, execute all the people involved and take the entire crop.

If you grow 10k plants on your property, fine and dandy. Do it on someone else's land and expect the worse...

WFF

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I don't think the cartel's are stupid enough to do 10k plants out in the open this early in the season. I think it was someone with a dream and alot of beans, like I said probably some ex grape grower who was counting on them leaving his crop alone because of the upcoming vote and did not know they should have done it in smaller patches to help avoid detection.

Either way, it still is a shame that all those plants had to die without completing their cycle. Always a sad thing when living plants are murdered for no good reason. Fucking asshole snitches!

Man I don't know how long you've lived in NorCal, but anything over a few hundred plants is usually a mexican cartel grow, and it's usually on federal forest land tended by illegal immigrants camping there to pay off coyotes. There are a handful of exception med collective grows, but they are on private property.

Again, fuck the cartels. Legalization isn't going to change the cartels modus operandi much, why would it? Outdoor weed is still immensely profitable even at $1k per pound.

grapeman

Veteran
I sincerely doubt it, was probably someone who got tired of growing grapes and did not know better about putting so many plants together so early. They would have definitely been better off spacing them out in patches.

LOL. got tired of growing grapes.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So it is better to steal then report to the police? Maybe, he should wait until all plants are mature, execute all the people involved and take the entire crop.

If you grow 10k plants on your property, fine and dandy. Do it on someone else's land and expect the worse...

WFF

Yeah taking a few plants out of 10,000 if it's on public land instead of snitching and tipping off the piggies is WAY fucking better! Why do you prefer to be a snitch & fuck up everything for others?

The executing everyone part is just you going overboard and projecting your fantasy's here about what maybe you wish you could do. Get over it dude, they are still pot plants we all have a right to grow them and they have a right to not be ripped up!

Latest posts

Latest posts