What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Lab: The quest for Infinite Resin

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Stress shouldn't be the problem. The question is how many roots does she still grow at this stage.
I would transplant anyway.

You buds look great :)

justiceman

Veteran
Stress shouldn't be the problem. The question is how many roots does she still grow at this stage.
I would transplant anyway.

You buds look great :)
Good point. I'm thinking maybe I should pot her up to a 3-5 gal pot.

-------------------------------

Flower Update Week 8

Alright guys it comes down to this! It's week 8 of flower and the time for harvest is literally right around the corner. At any point between now and week 9 I'm going cut the ladies down. They are looking damn frosty and the smell is great too. They seem to be quite dense as well(thanks to the 1000w). So far the flush seems to be going well. This time around I have been flushing with about 4x the water that I usually use to normally water(sometimes more). In my previous grows for flushing I would just water as normal in order to use the rest of the nutes in the medium, but this time around it really is a "true" flush. Basically I'm going to see if it makes any difference flushing with these copious amounts of water. Here's what I have been feeding them.

Feeding(3/7/11)
16gal
Clearex

Experiment plant:
4gal
Clearex

Feeding(3/10/11)
24gal
Clearex

Experiment plant:
4gal
Clearex

Feeding(3/13/11)
16gal
R/O

Experiment plant:
3gal
R/O

I have been checking my run off just for the hell of it even though I know it doesn't mimic whats going on inside of my soilless medium. When I started putting in the clearex I was getting about 400-500ppm run off! Mind you that clearex and R/O water are 0ppm. After about 24 gal of clearex(3/10) I got the ppm down to about 60ppm. So like I said I know the run off numbers don't reflect whats in the medium but I do know that the decrease in ppm from the run off is definitely a sign that I am flushing all the nutrients out. It seems applied to many nutrients in too high of a concentration and was probably having lockout. Heres why I think that. After I ran the clearex the first time(3/7) I got about 500ppm(run off) out of the medium. I noticed that my plants slightly greened up after that for a couple days until I flushed with 24 gal(3/10). Then they started yellowing as they should. So that leads me to beleive that the high amount of nutrients in the medium was blocking out N and probably a bunch of other elements.

Either way here are some pics for ya!

Family shots
IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

Nug shots
IMG_2109.jpg

(General Organics)
IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

(General Organics)
IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

So for the next run I have decided to change a few things:

• 3gal Geo pots instead of 2 gal smart pots for increased root space as well as nutrient buffering.
  • 6" ducting for passive intake on the other side of my tent(I already have aggressive intake) in order to increase airflow and put less stress on the intake fan.
  • Redo my custom drip rings in order to make them more efficient
  • Redo my trellis to make it tighter
  • Master Feeding Schedule from Aurora Innovations instead of my current medley of nutes.
  • Most likely decrease veg from 4 to 3 weeks in order to save head room and time

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
wohhh mate your buds looks so good with amazing trik's production that fo su promise sweet sweet tasty, rep+++ fo your high class work!!!

justiceman

Veteran
They look pretty good :)
Right on man thanks!

wohhh mate your buds looks so good with amazing trik's production that fo su promise sweet sweet tasty, rep+++ fo your high class work!!!
Thanks killer! I can't wait to see what these babies look like all cut up!

--------------------

Week 9 Flower Update

Hey everyone! This will be the last Flower Update for the Kush Berry's! I'm about to cut them down tomorrow and begin trimming! So it's been a pretty decent run. And I have run into problems as with every grow, but we live and we learn, most of the time for the better. So I have learned a few things, and will be implementing them into the next grow. I also forgot to do a few things I planned on doing this grow, but all is well that ends well. Here is what I have been feeding them as of late

Feeding(3/16/11)
24gal
R/O

Experiment plant:
3gal
R/O

Feeding(3/18/11)
16gal
R/O

Experiment plant:
3gal
R/O

So they are super flushed and ready for the picking. The GO plant seems to be pretty decent in terms of bud quality but the yield is obviously lacking. Not to mention when you compare thickness of the main stalk hers pales in comparison to the rest. All in all I may run some other tests outside since only testing one plant isn't really that great of an experiment, but to be honest I'm not really impressed. On a side note the Veg nutes seem to work just fine for veg, and the additives such as bio bud, bio weed, and bio root are pretty solid no doubt. Either way I'll have to try it out again to see If I can crank some different results out of the line. Maybe I should try feed water feed with GO instead of just feeding.

Here are some pictures for ya
IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

If anyone missed it in the last update here it is again.

So for the next run I have decided to change a few things:

* 3gal Geo pots instead of 2 gal smart pots for increased root space as well as nutrient buffering.
* 6" ducting for passive intake on the other side of my tent(I already have aggressive intake) in order to increase airflow and put less stress on the intake fan.
* Redo my custom drip rings in order to make them more efficient
* Redo my trellis to make it tighter
* Master Feeding Schedule from Aurora Innovations instead of my current medley of nutes.
* Most likely decrease veg from 4 to 3 weeks in order to save head room and time
*Roots Organics potting soil instead of pure coco or coco mix in order to achieve extremely active soil biology with the master feeding schedule.