What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Lab: The quest for Infinite Resin

justiceman

Veteran
---------------------------------------

Tent Update
Hey everyone so it's time for the tent update. So far everything is going quite well. I have seen some white roots poking out of the bottom of the smart pots so the transplant evidently went fairly well. I will say though that the plants have taken on a slightly lighter green look then when I first put them in the tent. My theory is the increased light levels are putting a demand for more food coupled with the fact that coco has absolutely no food(except for the cal mag buffer canna uses) and its CEC is not very high. Not to mention the LST has certainly increased the Photosynthetic capability of the plants. Here is what I have been feeding them as of late

Feeding(8/24/10)
250 calmag
30ml PBP grow
20ml Silica Blast
60ml Anicent Amber
4ml Roots Excelurator
25ml Hygrozyme
15ml Trinity
Great White
PH: 5.9
PPM= 720(almost 1.5EC)

Feeding(8/28/10
250 calmag
45ml PBP grow
20ml Silica Blast
60ml Anicent Amber
4ml Roots Excelurator
25ml Hygrozyme
15ml Trinity
Great White
PPM= 800(almost 1.6EC)

I know some of you may say that watering the coco once every 4 days is blasphemy but I swear that this Canna coco holds a decent amount of water and at this point they don't really need watering very often. I do however have one concern. I used about the same amount of medium when I did the Roots coco run. With 4 gals I achieved about .5-1 gal of runoff depending on the time period. Now when I use 4 gal for coco I get a very small amount of run off. Maybe about 6 ounces haha. So it does in fact hold a nice amount of water but my concern is this. I Question If I should increase the amount of water to achieve run off or not. If the pots hold water for 4 days adding even more water may in fact deprive the roots of much needed oxygen and cause the plants to grow slowly and/or inhibit nutrient uptake and cause deficiencies. Hmm things to consider because I know watering without run off might eventually lead to nutrient build up. Well anyway here are some pictures for ya!

I have 2 Head band's, 2 Chem Dawgs, and 2 Casey Jones. I would have rather just grown one strain alone to maximize yield in the tent but I didn't have a sufficient amount of clones in any category to fill the 9 slots so variety here we go.
IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

I'm thinking about inducing flowering in about say a week or two.

justiceman

Veteran
those are some healthy looking outdoor plants bro! well done.
Hey thanks man I appreciate it!
----------------------------------------

Outdoor Update

Hey everyone! So far everything has been going quite well outside. Although I will admit the other day misfortune showed me her evil smile. I was sitting outside with an umbrella watching the ladies, and the wind picked up much harder then I expected therefore blowing the umbrella over onto one of my Chem Dawg's. I got up immediately and picked up the umbrella(almost caught it while it was falling but I failed). Fortunately only 1 decent branch broke off of the Chem Dawg. Another was mortally wounded(It split off the stock and was hanging by a thread), but I taped it, proped it up in the correct manner and thank the gods that branch healed itself. So alas 1 fallen Branch but at least not 2.

The incident happened a little less then a week ago. As an experiment I put the branch in a cup of water with soluble kelp in it(1-0-4). the branch is actually still alive, and is now just starting to show signs of N def. I also topped my moms around the same time and did the same things to the tops. Just goes to show how awesome Kelp is. It alone has been keeping these branches alive for a week with no aeration no natta. Heres a pic.
1weekoldbrokenbranchinkelp.jpg

Now other then that everything has been going just fine. The resin and aromas have been on the rise, and I only hope that these branches fill out hard! I have still been battling somewhat of an N def as I always do, but I have had worse. This is what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(8/23/10)
13.6ml PBP Bloom(150ml total)
2.7ml PBP Grow(30ml total)
10.9ml Humega(120ml total)
PH: 6.3
PPM= 860(about 1.7EC)

Feeding(8/25/10)
Molasses water

Feeding(8/27/10)
per gal
5ml Buddah Grow
12.5ml Buddah Bloom
7.5ml Trinity
7.5ml ancient amber
15ml HP
5ml HPK
25ml Humega
PPM=440

Feeding(8/29/10)
per gal
5ml Buddah Grow
12.5ml Buddah Bloom
7.5ml Trinity
7.5ml ancient amber
15ml HP
5ml HPK
30ml Humega
10ml Hygrozyme
PPM=440

Feeding(8/29/10)
per gal
4.1ml Pura Vida bloom
2.7ml Pura Vida grow
30ml Huvega
30ml Humega
10ml Hygrozyme
PPM=400
PH: 6.2

I decided to basically finish off the rest of my roots nutes so that's why they are in the mix. I have to say that I really like Roots Organics HP and HPK. The HPK is watery so I assume it has fast absorption abilities in some way but the HP is truly some quality sludge like bat guano. I think it really helps out in the aroma and resin department.

Well here are some pictures for ya!

Family shot
IMG_1556.jpg

Casey Jones
IMG_1557.jpg

Chem Dawg
IMG_1558.jpg

Head Band
IMG_1559.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
Outdoor Update
So looking back I beleive I'm in about week 5 of flower with these little ladies. So far things are looking great, and I have begun the addition of HPK guano for my PK booster. Here is what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(8/31/10)
16.36ml Pura vida Bloom
10.9ml Puravida Grow
30ml Humega
10ml Hygrozyme
15ml HP
PPM=750
PH: 6.0

Feeding(9/2/10)
21.81ml Pura Vida Bloom
14.54ml Pura Vida Grow
30ml Humega
10ml Hygrozyme
PPM=1100
PH: 6.2

Feeding(9/4/10)
Compost tea
11 gallons:
4 cups EWC(1-0-0)
4 cups Alaskan Humus
4TBSP soluble Kelp
11TBSP HP(guano)
22TBSP Ancient Amber(Fulvic Acid)
12tsp Molasses
PPM=400
PH: 6.3

Feeding(9/5/10)
R/O water

Feeding(9/6/10)
16.36ml Pura vida Bloom
10.9ml Puravida Grow
15ml HPK
30ml Humega
10ml Hygrozyme
PPM=750
PH:6.0

They are starting to need water about once every day now. Seems the 5 gal smart pots ended up being just a bit too small. Oh well next time I'll have to try out 7gal smart pots instead hehe. I hope to finish these girls right around the start of October. Here are some pictures for you guys. Stay tuned as the Indoor update should be up either tonight or tomorrow.

Family shot
IMG_1576.jpg

Casey Jones
CaseyJones.jpg

CJ1-1.jpg

Case.jpg

Head Band
Headband.jpg

HB-1.jpg

HeadB.jpg

Chem Dawg
ChemDawg.jpg

CD1-1.jpg

Chem.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
---------------------------------

Outdoor Update
Hey everyone! I must say these girls are really packing on the nugs now. It's about week 6 of flower so It shouldn't be too long until harvest hehe. I ended up putting them in line so they would get an even amount of sunshine all around instead of half of them getting more light then the other half witch were closer to the wall. As a result the half being closer to the wall were getting reduced light in the afternoon, AND they consistently had a higher N profile because they weren't using it as much as the others. Here is what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(9/7/10)
R/O water

Feeding(9/8/10)
5ml molasses
15ml HPK
PH: 6.0

Feeding(9/9/10)
5ml molasses
15ml HPK
15ml HP
PH:6.2

Feeding(9/10/10
R/O water

Feeding(9/11/10
5ml molasses
15ml HPK
30ml HP
PH: 6.5

Feeding(9/12/10)
30ml Pura Vida Bloom
PPM=980
PH 6.0

Feeding(9/13/10)
R/O water

I also ran into some of the branches bending or leaning over. So I took some string and tied them to the main stalk. We don't want any nugs touching the ground now do we. Here are some pictures for ya!

Family shot
IMG_1625.jpg

Casey Jones
CJ-2.jpg

CJ1-2.jpg

Head Band
HB1-2.jpg

HB-2.jpg

Chem Dawg
CD1-2.jpg

CD-2.jpg

Flower Tent Update

So It's been 7 days(1week) since I went 12/12 with the 3k 600w PSMH. So far everything seems to be going just fine. I have noticed that I'm able to place it far closer to the tops then with my normal HPS. I beleive this makes up for it's decrease in luminosity. I can't wait to see how the flowers come out in the next few weeks with this lighting type:smoke Here's what I have been feeding them so far.

Feeding(9/1/10)
(2 extra gallons on top of the normal 4 so 6 gal of water total)
250ppm calmag
40ml PBP grow
30ml Silica Blast
6ml Roots Exelurator
60ml Hygrozyme
17.5ml Trinity
PPM=550(1.1EC)

Feeding(9/4/10)
250ppm calmag
15ml Ancient amber
1.25ml Huvega
PPM= 330(almost .7EC

Feeding(9/7/10)
250ppm calmag
6.1ml PBP grow
5ml Silica Blast
15ml ancient amber
1ml roots excelurator
15ml hygrozyme
3.8ml trinity
PH 6.0
PPM=710(about 1.4EC)

Feeding(9/12/10)
250ppm calmag
6.1ml PBP grow
5ml Silica Blast
15ml ancient amber
15ml Humega
1ml roots excelurator
15ml hygrozyme
3.8ml trinity
PH 6.0
PPM=800(about 1.6EC)

As you can see the time in between watering actually increased instead of decreasing. The reason for this is previously I wasn't fully saturating the coco and was achieving no run off. I started to see leaf fringes stand up(from high mineral concentrations) and so I decided to up the amount of water in order to achieve run off in so I could keep salt build up at bay. As a result of the increased water the coco stays wetter for a longer period of time(about an extra day).

Here's a pic of the ladies for ya.
IMG_1638.jpg

Let me know what you think!

dachieftan

damn those air pots making a difference eh? Or do you think they are bigger cuz they recieve more light from the sun as oppose to a lamp?

justiceman

Veteran
damn those air pots making a difference eh? Or do you think they are bigger cuz they recieve more light from the sun as oppose to a lamp?
I would say they help to prevent against over-watering. I think that it's a combination of both to be honest.

I just want to let you know that I love everything about this thread. :tiphat:
Thank you very much joe! I really appreciate that!

-------------------------------------------

Outdoor Update

Hey everyone so it's about week 7 and things are starting to chunk up. I'll admit that one of my Head Band's is leaning quite hard and it's scaring me. I hope it doesn't break from the weight. I've done what I can with ties and such so we shall see. Here's what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(9/14/10)
R/O water

Feeding(9/15/10)
15ml HPK
30ml HP
5ml mollases
PH: 6.4

Feeding(9/16/10)
15ml Humega
15ml Huvega
PPM=350
PH 6.3

Feeding(9/17/10
30ml Pura Vida Bloom
15ml HPK
15ml Humega
15ml Huvega
PPM=1000(2.0 EC)
PH 5.9

Feeding(9/19/10
molasses water

Feeding(9/20/10)
15ml Humega
15ml Huvega
PH 5.9

Feeding(9/21/10)
R/O water

I'm hoping to harvest these ladies in about 3 weeks hopefully. Wish me luck!

IMG_1644.jpg

Head Band
HB-2.jpg

HB1.jpg

Chem Dawg
CD-2.jpg

CD1.jpg

Casey Jones
CJ1.jpg

CJ-3.jpg

Let me know what you think! Questions, comments, criticism etc.

joe4444

I've never used them, but I see a lot of people stick bamboo in their pots and tie the plant to that (sometimes 4-5 sticks if necessary). That could give your fat ladies some much needed support.

justiceman

Veteran
I've never used them, but I see a lot of people stick bamboo in their pots and tie the plant to that (sometimes 4-5 sticks if necessary). That could give your fat ladies some much needed support.
Thanks Joe. I know I need to get support on them really bad. I'm scared of sticking in sticks now though because they might damage the root ball. I should have done that in the early stages. Oh well at least I know what to do next time around. I just hope these ladies don't lean tooo haaaaard.

Lovely garden and pictures you have there justiceman!
Thanks super! I've been trying really hard to keep all my plants looking good.

--------------------------------------

Flower Tent

Hey everyone it's time for the tent update. It's about week 2 of flower and the little nugs are surely coming in. I will say that I have noticed a change in plant structure following the replacement of the 600w HPS with the 3k 600w PSMH. It Isn't quite as bright(from what my eyes tell me) so some of the outer branches are suffering as a result(stretching). It doesn't have as much penetration power so I attribute the added "stretch" all around as well. Well we are only a few steps in so we shall see how the PSMH rides out the rest of the way. The bud sites still look good and plentiful though so I'm still quite optimistic.

I am considering getting rid of my 600w and 400w ballast in order to attain the Galaxy select a watt ballast(1000w, 600w, and 400w). With that I could try out the power of 1000w and if It's too much for me I can just tone it down.

Anyway here is what I have been feeding them.

Feeding(9/17/10)
250ppm cal mag
7.7ml PBP bloom
5ml Silica Blast
15ml ancient amber
8ml Bud Candy
1ml roots excelurator
10ml hygrozyme
15ml trinity
15ml HP
PH 5.9
PPM=750(about 1.5EC)

Feeding(9/22/10)
250ppm cal mag
7.7ml PBP bloom
5ml Silica Blast
15ml ancient amber
8ml Bud Candy
1ml roots excelurator
10ml hygrozyme
15ml trinity
15ml HP
PH 5.9
PPM=750(about 1.5EC)

Here's a pic for ya!
IMG_1656.jpg

Mom Tent
Here's a small update on the mom's I have. They are doing quite well except my Chem Dawg seems to have a slight Mg def that it fluctuates in an out of. It's not extremely severe but I am wondering why it's happening. Possibly too much N? I do notice they are a bit green. Here's what I have been feeding them.

Feeding(8/21/10
(per 3 gal)
250 calmag
30ml PBP grow
20ml Silica Blast
60ml Anicent Amber
4ml Roots Excelurator
25ml Hygrozyme
15ml Trinity
Great White
PPM= 720(almost 1.5EC)

Feeding(8/24/10
(per 3 gal)
250 calmag
30ml PBP grow
20ml Silica Blast
60ml Anicent Amber
4ml Roots Excelurator
25ml Hygrozyme
15ml Trinity
Great White
PPM= 720(almost 1.5EC)

Feeding(8/28/10
250 calmag
45ml PBP grow
20ml Silica Blast
60ml Anicent Amber
4ml Roots Excelurator
25ml Hygrozyme
15ml Trinity
Great White
PPM= 800(almost 1.6EC)

Feeding(9/1/10)
(2 extra gallons on top of the normal 4 so 6 gal of water total)
250ppm calmag
40ml PBP grow
30ml Silica Blast
6ml Roots Exelurator
60ml Hygrozyme
17.5ml Trinity
PPM=550(1.1EC)

Feeding(9/4/10)
250ppm calmag
15ml Ancient amber
1.25ml Huvega
PPM= 330(almost .7EC)

Feeding(9/8/10)
250ppm calmag
6.1ml PBP grow
5ml Silica Blast
15ml ancient amber
1ml roots excelurator
15ml hygrozyme
3.8ml trinity
PH 6.0
PPM=710(about 1.4E)

Feeding(9/12/10)
250ppm calmag
6.1ml PBP grow
5ml Silica Blast
15ml ancient amber
1ml roots excelurator
15ml hygrozyme
3.8ml trinity
PH 6.0
PPM=710(about 1.4E)

Feeding(9/16/10)
250ppm calmag
6.1ml PBP grow
5ml Silica Blast
15ml ancient amber
1ml roots excelurator
15ml hygrozyme
3.8ml trinity
PH 6.0
PPM=710(about 1.4EC)
Diluted to 650(about 1.2EC)

Feeding(9/20/10)
15ml Humega
15ml Huvega
PH 5.9

The last addition of Huvega was my attempt to correct the Mg def(or lockout).

The good news is they have been responding very well to topping! I topped them each once a couple weeks ago. Then tons of side branches started coming up and then I topped all of the those branches as well a week later. The ladies just keep bushing out more and more. They have pretty much taken over the whole bottom section. I have to top them again right before I water today. Gotta keep those ladies under control.
IMG_1666.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
Flower Tent Update

It's week 3 of flower and they seem to be coming along quite well. I can't wait to see what this 3k has to offer. I have my doubts about it but I also have beliefs as well. Only time will tell right? So far I really like pure coco. It's drainage properties are pretty awesome indeed, and it seems to provide faster growth(although I havn't run real tests so I can't say for sure). It stays wet for a decent amount of time but not too long witch I like(givin my environment and pot size etc.). The nugs seem to be filling it a bit now, and hopefully this time around I hope to not run into any N problems. Here is what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(9/26/10)
250ppm cal mag
7.7ml PBP bloom
5ml Silica Blast
15ml ancient amber
8ml Bud Candy
1ml roots excelurator
10ml hygrozyme
15ml Huvega
15ml HP
PH 5.9
PPM=790(about 1.6EC)

So far PBP seems to be really solid. I like it. Here are some pictures for ya.

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

There is a bit of frost coming in if you look closely
IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
wooooow man!!! :D
nice set up and great plants!!!
congrats looking good! :yes:
+

Thanks rastaidd i appreciate it!

---------------------------------

Outdoor Flower Update

Hey everyone! It's week 8 now(well actually a few days ago) so the show is beginning to come to a close again. Alas these are some of the best weeks though. I've been giving them double the amount of water(witch is just pure R/O) so they should be nice and flushed by the time I harvest. The last outdoor family shot was the last quality family shot. They are all starting to lean and bend in their ways so they look a bit unruly hehe. It's a good thing though. Means they have some chunk going on. Here's whats been going on with the feeding.

Feeding(9/21/10)
R/O water

Feeding(9/22/10)
molasses water

Feeding(9/23/10)
molasses water

Feeding(9/24/10)
R/O water

Feeding(9/25/10)
30ml Pura Vida bloom
16.6 Pura Vida grow
PH 6.0
PPM=1100(2.2EC)

Feeding(9/26/10)
R/O water

Feeding(9/27/10)
R/O water

Feeding(9/28/10)
R/O water

Feeding(9/29/10)
R/O water

Feeding(9/30/10)
R/O water

Feeding(10/1/10)
R/O water

You may question why that 2.2EC feeding is in the middle. I just felt like they needed a slight boost at the time to make it through for the next couple weeks. You may question why the plants have caution tape around them haha. Well I opted to help take care of my sisters small dogs for about 2 weeks and I don't want them going anywhere near the ladies, so created a caution tape fence and it is doing a fine job of keeping them away.

Here are some shots for you.

Family
IMG_1682.jpg

Chem Dawg
CD-3.jpg

CD1-3.jpg

Casey Jones
CJ1-3.jpg

CJ-3.jpg

CJ2-2.jpg

Head Band
HB1-3.jpg

HB-3.jpg

Cannot wait to smoke these ladies!

justiceman

Veteran
--------------------------------------------
Flower Tent Update
So It's about week 4 of flower. Things are going alright, except for one problem at the moment. My branches really need some support. I should have thought about this from my last grow but I forgot and now I am suffering the consequences. As you will see in the picture the front plants are basically leaning down into the middle of the canopy. To be honest I am quite unhappy with this development. I aim to never let this happen again. I'm still going to finish them off since they only have about 6 weeks to go and should still produce some good nug regardless of aesthetics. Here is what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(9/30/10)
250ppm cal mag
3.85ml PBP bloom(half strength)
5ml Silica Blast
15ml ancient amber
8ml Bud Candy
1ml roots excelurator
10ml hygrozyme
15ml Huvega
15ml HP
PH 5.9
PPM=600(about 1.2EC)

Feeding(10/5/10)
250ppm cal mag
15ml PBP bloom(soil/coco)less N
5ml Silica Blast
8ml Bud candy
15ml Trinity
1ml Humic Acid 18
PH 5.9
PPM 850(Diluted from 950)(1.7EC)

Here's a picture of the mess.
IMG_1695.jpg

So I have a plan for the next tent run that will take away the possibility of leaning plants and nugs from now on It will also help me with watering. I am going to put a trellis in the tent and it will act as a support structure for the buds. A Scrog if you will. The problem with a trellis is I won't be able to hand water the plants anymore because I won't be able to move a couple out of the tent. Well this will be easily solved as I am also going to set up a drip system for the next run. That way i will have not have leaning nugs and I will be able to water my plants with ease. Sound like a good plan?

Outdoor Flower Update
So the outdoor is going great though and harvest is right around the corner. They are leaning pretty hard but I have support strings set up in various places so that should hopefully hold most of the nugs up until harvest. Unfortunately a few broke off of the head band on Monday so they are a little premature(9 weeks) but still good. At least I'll have some different smoke before the big harvest. The ladies are finally starting to get a nice fade going. Here is what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(10/2/10)
R/O water

Feeding(10/3/10)
R/O water

Feeding(10/4/10)
R/O water

Feeding(10/5/10)
R/O water

Feeding(10/6/10)
R/O water

Feeding(10/7/10)
R/O water

Here are some pics for ya.
IMG_1697.jpg

Casey Jones
CJ-4.jpg

CJ1-4.jpg

Chem Dawg
CD1-4.jpg

CD-4.jpg

Head Band
HB-4.jpg

HB1-4.jpg

Head Band broken branches(been drying for about 3 days)
IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
Outdoor Flower Update
Hey everyone so It's week 10 and we are still rocking. I haven't harvested quite yet except for a few broken branches here and there. The Chems and one Head band look like they could go to week 11 possibly, but the other Head Band, and both Casey Jones Look like they should come down maybe tomorrow or the day after. I'm really liking how the Casey Jones is turning purple on some of the calyx tips.

I know I have some massive lean going right now. I've tried my best with what I have to help prop them up(string and weight supports). I have evelnindividually strung side branches to he main stocked so some of the plants look like they have a spider web of support ties haha. Next time I may have to incorporate some type of outdoor mega trellis.

They have been receiving PURE R/O water for the last 19 days so far.

Here are some shots for ya.
IMG_1727.jpg

Casey Jones
IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Chem Dawg
IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Head Band
IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
Outdoor Harvest Shots

Alright guys so I harvest the outdoor earlier this week. The Chem got cut at day 77. The Casey Jones day 78 and the Head Band day 79. I would have grabbed them all on day 77 but it was too much work so I decided to space it out over a few days. Here are some shots of the drying nuggets.

Chem Dawg
CD1-5.jpg

CD-5.jpg

Casey Jones
CJ-5.jpg

CJ1-5.jpg

Head Band
HB3.jpg

HB2-2.jpg

A few Straggler branches that couldn't fit in the main area. They consist of mostly day 65-70 Head Band branches as well as a few Casey Jones branches that broke off plus a couple day 79's that couldn't fit
HB1-5.jpg

A few Head band nugs from the 65 day area I beleive.
HB-5.jpg

So that totals about roughly 1 row per plant. So i have about 6 rows worth as you can see on the pictures, plus a few extra branches and some paper bagged nugs. Hmm I wonder how much I got this time around

justiceman

Veteran
Hehe thanks joe!

----------------------------------------------

Indoor Flower Update

Hey everyone! So it's about week 8 in the flower tent and for the most part things seem to be going pretty well. Sorry about not updating as frequently with this specific tent grow. I ended up getting my drip manifold set up a while ago. So far it's been working quite well and it definitely saves me some manual labor indeed. I haven't run into any clogging issues yet so all is well in that department. Here's what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(10/9/10)
250ppm cal mag
5ml Silica Blast
8ml Bud candy
15ml Trinity
1ml Humic Acid 18
PH 5.9
PPM: 950(1.9EC)

Feeding(10/14/10)
250ppm cal mag
5ml Silica Blast
8ml Bud candy
15ml Trinity
1ml Humic Acid 18
PH 5.9

Feeding(10/18/10)
250ppm cal mag
5ml Silica Blast
8ml Bud candy
15ml Trinity
1ml Humic Acid 18
PH 5.9

Feeding(10/22/10)
250ppm cal mag
7.5ml PBP bloom(soil/coco)less N
5ml Silica Blast
8ml Bud candy
15ml Trinity
1ml Humic Acid 18
PH 5.9
PPM: 550(1.1EC)

Feeding(10/26/10)
250ppm cal mag
7.5ml PBP bloom(soil/coco)less N
5ml Silica Blast
8ml Bud candy
15ml Trinity
1ml Humic Acid 18
PH 5.9
PPM: 550(1.1EC)

Feeding(10/30/10)
5ml mollases
10ml hygrozyme

So I've started the flush. Probably a good time considering I actually started to burn them with that 1.9EC. That is a sign in my opinion that the light intensity of this 600w 3k PSMH is not on par with that of my 600w Hortilux Super HPS. Hence the light intensity isn't strong enough to warrant a 1.9EC supply of nutrients. Somewhat disappointing in my opinion but that's what experiments are for right! Unfortunately I have not rectified my unruly canopy and I have to admit that things are looking quite sloppy right now. I apologize for that. I'm hoping that after this harvest you will never have to see pictures like this again. In fact it's kind of embarrassing as my canopy control in the past was far stronger. Fear not comrades. Next grow will have a trellis so no more leaning branches!

Here are some pictures for ya.

Canopy shots
IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

Drip Manifold shot
IMG_1763.jpg

Nug shots
IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

So as you can see I'm not up at top performance this time around. It's sad to say but true. I'm not saying I have any excuses that justify the unruly canopy or anything like that. I have become too lax and I need to whip myself back into gear. On the plus side the nug quality still seems to be pretty awesome, and some of them are even turning purple because of the cooler temps especially since that 3k PSMH runs a bit cooler then your average 600w. In fact it's almost too cool for these colder months hehe. I'm actually considering upping to a 1000w for the winter months. I beleive that should help in the resin production department witch would in turn increase flavor and aroma. Any comments or questions are more then welcome guys! Also If anybody has any tricks or tips with drip systems let me know!

Latest posts

Latest posts