What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Lab: The quest for Infinite Resin

dachieftan

damn it looks like a train wrecked through your tent bro. U need either a scrog net or to super crop ur plants so they can support the weight of those bulky nugs. edit: read ur previous post and you already know that...
Which of the three do u like most to grow/smoke and why? Chem, Casey, or Head?

justiceman

Veteran
damn it looks like a train wrecked through your tent bro. U need either a scrog net or to super crop ur plants so they can support the weight of those bulky nugs. edit: read ur previous post and you already know that...
Which of the three do u like most to grow/smoke and why? Chem, Casey, or Head?
Hey buddy whats up! Ya man I needed some serious support in that tent. It basically ended in a failure. Well I still got nugs, but not what I wanted. I ended up making a bunch of bubble with it though. So all is well.

I personally like the Casey Jones for her smoke, flavor, and aroma(piny, fuel, lemon) qualities. She is a fast grower and tends to stretch a lot for flower. So in a tight space she must be trained, but she yielded more then the rest. She also seamed to be easier to take care of nutrient wise. She isn't real finicky, and can take a bit of over nitrification without worry.

The Chem dawg, and Head band were about the same in growth, stature and yield. They were a bit more finicky on what nutrients they needed, but they kept a nice small stocky look to them. They were much shorter then the Casey jones but still yielded considerably well probably only a 100g shy of the casey if I remember correctly. Thing is they have great smoke, and some pretty nice aromas(lemon, lime, sour), but they lack in flavor IMHO. Not to say those particular strains always lack in flavor. It was just the particular cuts I attained. I'm sure there are better Head Band and Chem dawg cuts out there no doubt.

So essentially I favor the Casey this time around.

that outdoor harvest looks too good to be true man.
GREAT work!!

Thanks man I really appreciate your words. It was certainly a lot of work, but it paid off in the end.

--------------------------------------------

OK so I have been slacking on the journal updates. I'm about to hit you with a barrage of updates so be ready.

--------------------------------------

New Quest Update!

Hey everyone! So It's been a little while since my last visit. Did you miss me? haha just kidding. I have just been doing my own thing kicking back and taking a break from growing and such. You no sometimes a man just needs a bit of rest and relaxation. It's been a year and a half since I started growing(around June last year) and I'm pretty sure I've gained a decent amount of knowledge so far considering the amount of time. However I still have much to learn:sword:.

I just recently upgraded and replaced some items in my tent. Here is a list of whats new and whats old and still being used as well as what medium I'm using and of course the strain type.

New Items: 1000w Galaxy Select-a-Watt, 1000w Eye Hortilux Super HPS, 6" Vortext Inline, 6" Phresh Carbon filter, Trellis

Still in use Items: 400w 6.4k PSMH 6" Cool sun hood, 6" Vortex Inline, 6" Active Air Inline, Two 6" Air King fans, 3 x 3 tray, 4 x 4 tent, Nine 2 gallon Smart Pots

Medium: Roots Organics Soil-less

Grow Method: Manual Drip Irrigation

Strain: Kush Berry(Blueberry x OG Kush)

Nutrients: Pura Vida Organics grow and bloom, General Organics cal mag, Hygrozyme, Humic acid, Natures Nectar Potassium, Natures Nectar Organa guano

If you don't know or remember how my tent is set up I will tell you/remind you. My tent is a 4 x 4 Grow Lab gl120. I have one 6" Vortex inline hooked up to a 6" Phresh Carbon filter for Exhaust. I have one 6" Vortex inline hooked up to a prefilter for Intake. I have a 6" Active Air hooked up to my 6" Cool sun hood for light cooling. My 3 x 3 table is propped up about 8 inches high and I collect the run off underneath the tray with a small container. I then have two 6" Air King fans in the tent for air circulation.

So that's basically whats going on right now. I added more lines and baskets to my drip system that way It's maxed out and has 4 drip stakes for each plant instead of 2. Unfortunately because there are only 16 sites that can only accommodate 8 of the 9 plants. Because of this I have decided to dedicate one plant to an experiment.

I will be feeding her the whole General Organics line without measuring EC or PH. I will merely follow the dosage instructions for light and heavy feeding. They claim PH adjustment isn't necessary. So this should be a worthwhile experiment to see if that claim is true. So far I have tried giving some of my Mother plants non PH'd GO and they seem to be doing just fine not to mention they are in pure coco. At one point I did measure the PH for kicks and it stays right at around 5.0.

So essentially what I've concluded so far is GO seems to work for veg without PH adjustment. It will be interesting to see how this works out for flowering when nutrient requirements raise.

Heres what I fed these ladies yesterday.

Feeding(12/18/10)
6 gal
30ml GO cal mag
100ml Pura vida grow
25ml Pura vida bloom
6ml Roots Excel
60ml Hygrozyme
120ml Humega

600ppm(1.2EC)
PH 5.9
Temp: 68

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
10ml Bio Thrive grow
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
(will not be testing PH nor EC)

Here are some pictures of the ladies.

Kush Berry Family
IMG_1804.jpg

Experimental plant
IMG_1805.jpg

Side Notes/Thoughts: I'm really excited about my 1000w upgrade. If all goes well that should not only increase my yield but also the quality of the nugs as well. Plus now that I have a trellis things should become quite interesting with that. I haven't set it up yet. I plan to do that in the next couple weeks after I see how the plants grow.

I'm actually considering switching to Ebb and Flow instead of using my drip lines. Here's why. Even with 4 drip steaks per plant I still feel that the medium isn't completely saturating. This might lead to salt build up and it scares me. It also means that if there are dry parts in the medium roots aren't growing their and that would mean I'm not efficiently utilizing the space of my medium. Ebb and Flow would solve those problems no doubt.

There just happens to be remaing questions I have about Ebb and Flow. Like what size reservoir do I need for my 3 x 3 table? 20gal? 40gal? And the biggest question of all. How do I drain/empty a 20 or 40 gal rez while it sits underneath my 3 x 3 table in my 4 x 4 tent?

That's one thing I've always wondered. How do people drain reservoirs in their tents? Not to mention clean them. It's probably a really easy answer haha. If anyone knows the answers please advise me!

------------------------------------------

I forgot a few updates so here they are.

Some nug shots from the last tent quest. Since my outdoor was a bumper crop I plan to turn the whole harvest into Bubble. roughy 300g of nugs. That way I should be smoking on bubble for a long time.

Chem Dawg
CD-6.jpg

Casey Jones
CJ-6.jpg

Head Band
HB-6.jpg

I ended up making some bubble with the outdoor trim. Turned out pretty good:D. I havn't made the Head Band bubble yet though.

Chem Dawg Bubble
CD2-1.jpg

CD1-6.jpg

CD-7.jpg

Casey Jones Bubble
CJ2-3.jpg

CJ1-6.jpg

CJ-7.jpg

Bubble test
IMG_1841.jpg

before(Chem Dawg)
IMG_1843.jpg

after
IMG_1845.jpg

Sorry if the pics are off. It's hard to take a pic right after I light it haha.

Mother Tent Update
So a while back I didn't account for the the increasing water needs of my mothers. As a result my Chem Dawg wilted(noob mistake). My Head Band and Casey suffered losses but have recovered since.

Now within my tent I still have the casey jones, and a couple new ones. I have an absolutely beautiful Durban Poison mom that I got as a cut a few weeks back. I also have a Dankouver and a Sage N Sour cut. If they come up well then I may have to move the Casey out of the tent as well.

Exiled Head Band Story:
I actually just let my HB chill in the kitchen while it's raining and then I let her have sunshine outside when it's not because I don't have room for her in the mom tent anymore. She's been exiled. She seems to like it though and I even mixed all my remaining soils into a 5 gal smart pot for her to hang out in. Interestingly enough she looks pretty healthy and is remaining in a vegetative state for some reason. She has dealt with some crazy wind and rain at certain times when I forgot about her outside at times as well as a few 37 degree nights. She's had a rough life but shes a warrior.

Family
IMG_1806.jpg

Durban Poison
IMG_1811.jpg

Casey Jones
IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

Sage N sour(back), Dankouver(front)
IMG_1810.jpg

Exiled Head Band
ExiledHB.jpg

---------------------------------------

Week 1 Tent Update(VEG)

Alright guys so we are about 8 days into the veg period and all seems to be going well. So far the experiment plant is looking fine. Mind you she has been fed nutes with no ph adjustment whatsoever. So earlier on I ran into a slight drip problem. My drippers were unable to fully saturate the medium.

I figured out hand watering at the start is good because it ensures a fully saturated medium so the roots spread everywhere. They then create a dense fibrous structure witch allows the drip stakes or rings to sponge or wick the nutes into the medium instead of flowing right through empty easy to pass through medium. As a result I also ended up replacing my annoying drip stakes with homemade drip rings.
IMG_1849.jpg

I tested them outside alone and they seem to have equal pressure, but I haven't tested them on the medium quite yet because I'm going to be hand watering for the next two or three feedings. Good thing is I have a back up plan. If I can't get the drip system to work this time around I can use this sprayer to hand water all my plants. I just merely take the spray nozzle off and it acts like a hose.
IMG_1853.jpg

All in all I'm pretty confident these drip rings will work out though. Heres what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(12/22/10)
6gal
30ml GO cal mag
50ml Pura vida grow
12.5ml Pura vida bloom
35ml Trinity
6ml Roots Excel
60ml Hygrozyme
120ml Humega

450ppm(.9EC)
PH 5.9

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
10ml Bio Thrive grow
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
15ml Humega

Here is a picture of the ladies
day8.jpg

So I plan on possibly upgrading to an 8 inch hood with slightly bigger spread. I've basically narrowed it down to two choices. Unfortunately I have to exclude the Magnum XXXL as it would not fit inside my 4 x 4 tent.

OPTIONS:
Block Buster Reflector 8"
or
8" Cool Tube

Or do you guys think that my 400cfm 6" fan with my 6" Cool Sun hood will be able to cool a 1000w lamp during winter?

justiceman

Veteran
-----------------------------------

Tent Update week 2 Veg(day 15)

Hey everyone happy new year! Hope everyone's gardens are doing well! Mine is doing pretty decent at the moment. I haven't run into any problems YET witch is a good thing. I'm pulling out all the stops this time around to try and maintain maximum potential growth. This includes the addition of regular compost tea soil drenches as well as compost tea foliar sprays(witch work great). Here's what I have been feeding them as of late.

Foliar Spray(12/27/10)
Compost Tea
1gal
1 cup EWC
1 cup Organic Solutions(50% EWC 44%Humus 3%kelp 3%rock phosphate)
1tsp soluble kelp
1tsp mollases

Feeding(12/28/10)
6gal
30ml GO cal mag
50ml Pura vida grow
12.5ml Pura vida bloom
35ml Trinity
6ml Roots Excel
60ml Hygrozyme
120ml Humega

450ppm(.9EC)
PH 5.9

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
10ml Bio Thrive grow
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
15ml Humega

So far the experimental GO plant is doing quite well. I'm happy to see no signs of PH problems or lockouts. I will admit she's growing a bit slower then the others but then again she was also a smaller cut starting out.

The Foliar spray worked very well. One night they started to get a bit droopy I assume from lack of o2 as they grow there roots into saturated medium. As a result nutrient uptake and overall plant happy level is low. So I gave them that foliar as a boost and what do you know next day they were reaching for the sky. You gotta love those teas! Plus it's great protection for PM and other fungal diseases.

I plan to set up the trellis soon to get an idea of where I want it. This will definitely be a learning curve since I haven't used one before nor have I used a 1k light. Anyway here's a family shot and a shot of the experiment GO plant.

Family shot
IMG_1872.jpg

Experimental GO Kushberry
IMG_1873.jpg

New Years Oil
Hey so my buddy and I got together before the end of the year and we made some oil out of his afgoo. Turned out pretty sweet. Last of the 2010 oil runs.

Just tipping it after I taned the bud. Wanted to show all the resin within the tane before purge.
notKBau1.jpg

Primary Purge
notKBau2.jpg

Oil
notKBau3.jpg

During the secondary Purge
notKBau4.jpg

Finished product
notKBau.jpg

---------------------------------------

Mom tent Update

Hey so I wanted to run my mini mom tent by again. It's just been cruisin along quite nicely so far. I've got a fat Durban Poison, a small Dankouver, a small Sage N Sour and my old Casey Jones mom. I decided to do an experiment with the CJ. I've seen it done before in pictures so I wanted to see just how far I could take it. I basically cut ALL her branches and leaves off except for a few select new growth areas. I'm thinking one of two things will happen. She will start growing very slowly and eventually attain her previous vigor after a while, or she will become too stressed from such a massive loss of leaf and die. Like I've said I've seen a bonsai mum tutorial where the writer did basically the same thing. Just an experiment to pass the time though. Seems interesting enough to me.

IMG_1874.jpg

----------------------------------

Veg Tent Update
So far things are going fairly well. Except for some type of def I'm dealing with this week. I think it might be as a result of my inexperience with a 1k light(nutrient needs) and of course a few other things. After looking back at the previous week pictures It looks like they need and all around boost of Base nutes. I saw a few Calcium spots on one of the ladies but I have been feeding them cal mag all the time, so I came to the conclusion that I have a minor Calmag def, as well as N, and possibly PK as well haha.

Wow everything across the board ay? It's funny because I have been feeding the mom's and the ones in the tent the same food, yet the mom's are responding very well where ass the ladies are not quite where I want them to be in terms of health. I also attribute the water cycles to the defs I'm experiencing. I've only had to water about once every 6 days. IMHO that's too long. Lack of o2 probably brings down transpiration witch brings down nutrient uptake witch causes toxicity to take place and a whole myriad of problems. Also The mom's happen to be in pure coco whereas the ladies are in roots soilles. I'm not sure but it's possible that I'm seeing higher performance with the pure coco. I'll probably end up doing CoCo exclusively from now on.

Here is what I have been feeding them as of late. I'm not sure but I'm hoping that compost tea didn't screw with the PH causing me lockout of some sort.
Feeding (1/2/11)
5gal compost tea
6 cups EWC
6 cups Alaskan Humus
5tsp Soluble Kelp
5tsp Soft Rock Phosphate
40ml Bud candy
25ml GO cal mag
PH 6.4

Feeding(1/8/11)
5gal
25ml GO cal mag
25ml Floralicious Bloom(1-1-1)
5ml Roots Excel
5ml Humic 18
50ml Hygrozyme
2.5 scoops Great White

PH 5.9
PPM=210(.4EC)
Temp:67

As you can see I fed them a super low feed in order to flush out any built up toxins that might have been causing lockout. I did check the run off. I put in 210ppm and got about 680ppm back(ouch!) and the PH was at about 5.5. The next feeding will be a decent(400-500ppm) of base nutes to try and kick them back into gear with probably a PH of 6 in order to bring the mediums PH up a bit.

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed in myself for letting this happen. Usually I'm pretty on point in the veg stage. Oh well I have confidence I'm going to work this out. Wish me luck, and of course If you have any advice or tips with my prob I'd greatly appreciate the knowledge drop.

Family Shot
IMG_1876.jpg

-----------------------------------------

Vegetation Update

Hey everyone! So the future was looking bleak for those KB's last week. I'll admit that I was a bit disappointed no doubt. However I have managed to turn them back to a decent state of health so I'm quite happy about that. I actually started a thread on the deficiency because I wanted to get some specific input.

Heres a link: Defeciency?

I received a lot of great advice and opinions about my problem. That's why I like this forum. Good people indeed.

So essentially it boils down to a few different things. For starters the amount of nutrients in the medium was too high so that prevented the plants from up taking sufficient water. Witch would explain the wilted look. As a result of that the medium stays wetter longer witch is not good for young plants. This also creates an acidic environment hence my drop in PH from the run off numbers on my previous post. So I beleive all that in turn caused not only inadequate hydration but also inadequate nutrient uptake hence(calcium spots, slight chlorosis). Not to mention the demand of the 1000w.

What will I do different to prevent that? Smaller pots when they are young then xplant to smart pot later a well as lower nutrient concentration at the start(600 was too high hehe).

So Here is what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(1/11/11)
5gal
25ml GO cal mag
30ml Pura Vida Grow
15ml Pura Vida Bloom
5ml Roots Excel
50ml Hygrozyme
75ml Humega
2.5 scoops Great White

PH 5.9
PPM=450(.9EC)

Feeding(1/14/11)
5gal
25ml GO cal mag
30ml Pura Vida Grow
15ml Pura Vida Bloom
5ml Roots Excel
50ml Hygrozyme
75ml Humega
2.5 scoops Great White

PH 6.3
PPM=450(.9EC)

So I've been keeping lower on the EC but now since they are pretty established I'm about to start raising it little by little. As you might have noticed the last feeding was a bit higher on the PH. Well I hear it's good to cycle PH up and down just a little bit to allow certain nutrients to have higher availability, but my main reason for that was to correct the 5.5 PH from the run off. I do know that run off PH can often be inaccurate but it's still somewhat of a decent indicator. Either way run off PH came out at 6.0 and I'm fine with that with only 100ppm over what I put in. I'm okay with that.

Another thing I'm trying to address is the age of my Pura Vida Organics Nutrients. I'd like to get some of your opinions on this if possible. Okay so I purchased a gallon of Grow and Bloom in Late spring of 2009. I used it on my first grow and then kind of used it on and off ever since. As you know I have been using them for my current grow.

Basically I'm trying to assess whether the nutrients are still good or expired. I've done some research and most people say that organic nutrients go bad in about 1 year. I did however hear a technaflora rep state that the Pura Vida line lasts 2 years if kept in perfect conditions. The key there is IF hehe. I'm sure my conditions are decent, but not perfect. I'm wondering if the old nutrients are partially affecting the plants nutrient uptake?

In essence the reason that I hold my 1 year and 9 month old Pura Vida nutes in question is because when I measure my nutrients out I'm beginning to see precipitate particles on the measuring glass witch didn't use to be there. I'm wondering what that is.

Heres the ingredient list:

Ingredients: Seaweed Powder, Kelp Extracts, Alfalfa, Molasses, Potassium Sulfate, Epsom Salt, Solubar, Copper Sulfate, Iron Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate and Zinc Sulfate.

So let me know what you guys think about the age of my nutrients and whether I just continue to risk using them or just do the old "when in doubt throw them out". I'm personally leaning to throwing them out.

So enough of the talk right? Here are some pictures for ya.

Dark Family shot
IMG_1893.jpg

Light Family shot
IMG_1885.jpg

Horizon dark shot(to get a better idea of the true Nitrogen profile)
IMG_1890.jpg

Gotta have that airflow right?
IMG_1895.jpg

Heres the average leaf in darkness
IMG_1899.jpg

Experimental General Organics plant
IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

That experimental is an interesting one. She seems to be growing fairly well, but she is definitely not growing as fast and actively as the others. However she has good healthy growth, and seems to not stretch as much as some of the others

Lets take check out a before and after of last weeks failure to this weeks improvement.

Week 3
IMG_1876.jpg

Week 4
IMG_1893.jpg

So I'm going to flip the switch and probably start flowering these Kush Berry's tomorrow or something like that. I cant wait!!!

-------------------------------

Last Veg Picture

Hey everyone I just wanted to show you the last picture before I flip the switch. Can't wait to see what these girls turn into under a 1000w. For my flowering I'm going to add Earth Juice Catalyst, Floralicious Bloom, Roots Oregonism's XL, Ancient amber, Flora Blend, and Natures Nectar Potassium, and Organaguano(both of the Natues Nectar will be my PK booster). I may also add in my remaining Roots Organics Extreme Serene alternating that with the Natures nectar PK since the Extreme has an NPK of 0-2-2.

KUSH BERRY
LastVegPic.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
-----------------------------------

Mother Update

Ok so I've done a few different things within the mom tent that I thought I'd let you guys know about. For starters here is a pic from a little while ago

IMG_1874.jpg

As you can see the plant all the way to the left(durban poison), and the two small ones in the middle(Sage n Sour, and Dankouver) are looking pretty sweet, but what sup with that one all the way to the right(casey jones)? Yup I decided to giver her the ultimate haircut in order to see how far I could push it. I thought that If I cut too much foliage off she would just end up dieing or stressing out beyond belief, but low and behold a little over 2 weeks and she is back in business!

CaseyJones1.jpg

CaseyJones-2.jpg

Heres a more recent picture of the mom tent.
IMG_1907.jpg

As you can see the Casey jones is missing. She has become another Exile plant. After that picture I took the Sage N Sour as well as Dankouver and I transplanted them into 3 gal smart pots mixed 50/50 Roots Organics Soilless/Canna Coco. They needed it. They were getting pissed off(nutrient wise) and root bound. Heres some root shots for ya.

Sage N Sour
SagenSour.jpg

Dankouver
Dankouver.jpg

Here they are trasnplanted
SNSDank.jpg

And of course here is a picture of the exiled Head Band. Shes been living a tough life of solitude out in harsh conditions for a long time now. Sometimes I'm nice enough to let her inside when it's too cold.

ExhiledHB.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
Flower Update Week 1

Hey guys hope everyone's garden's are going well! So It's week 1 of flower. As you all know nugs aren't really starting to come out at this point so early in the game. However the plants are doing their stretching, and obviously are on the job of concentrating floral hormones and such. So far things are going well and my drip rings are getting pretty much full coverage of the medium now. I beleive this is because the root structure is bigger witch causes more wicking action then just running through. I do however need to get a hang of where to position my Screen. I attempted a SCROG, but it kind of turned into a plant support structure instead. Maybe topping would have been a good idea for a true SCROG.

I'm really interested with the Experimental plant. So far the GO line has been pretty solid, with minimal work(no adjustments, good price, good dilution ratio, low number of additives). I will say that it seems to not grow quite as fast as the Pura Vida counter parts, however it has had more controlled growth with less signs of deficiency, or toxicity. The main stem though is not quite as big as the others. Hmm is this pointing to lower yield compared to the others? I do however like the addition of the Bio bud from the line(plant protein hydrosylate, Rock phosphate, Sea kelp). Some solid ingredients no doubt. I'm hoping it provides enough stimulation to the plant to produce a good yield.

Ok so I know I said I wouldn't test the GO line for EC or PH, but I decided to check it out for the hell of it. Mind you that just because I'm examining it doesn't mean I am adjusting it. So with all the GO nutes mixed up in bloom formula the PH comes out to an EC of .9 with a 5.4PH(R/O water). Wow no wonder they claim PH adjustment to be unnecessary. Just after mixing it's at an acceptable range especially for organics. Now here's the kicker. I usually add 15-30ml per gallon of Humega with the GO as I don't have there diamond black. After adding that it bumps the EC to 1.1 and the PH up to 5.9. Talk about perfect! So in my opinion so far GO is coming through as a dependable affordable and easy to use nutrient that requires no PH adjustment. However we are only 1 week into flower. The true test comes soon. How will GO be able to match up with my flowering Kush Berry? Only time will tell.

Here's what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(1/18/11)
6 gal
30ml GO cal mag
6ml Roots Excelurator
20ml Pura Vida Bloom
15ml Pura Vida Grow
30ml Floralicious Bloom
30ml Flora Blend
90ml Ancient Amber
60ml Earth Juice Catalyst
Roots Oregonism XL

PH 5.9
PPM = 580(1.2EC)
Temp: 64

Feeding(1/20/11)
4 gal
20ml GO cal mag
4ml Roots Excelurator
40ml Pura Vida Bloom
25ml Pura Vida Grow
20ml Floralicious Bloom
20ml Flora Blend
90ml Humega
30ml Earth Juice Catalyst
Roots Oregonism XL

PH 5.9
PPM = 660(1.3EC)

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
20ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud

Feeding(1/23/11)
4 gal
25ml GO cal mag
4ml Roots Excelurator
25ml Floralicious Bloom
30ml Natures Nectar Organaguano
30ml Natures Nectar Potassium
25ml Flora Blend
60ml Ancient Amber
60ml Earth Juice Catalyst
Roots Oregonism XL

PH 5.9
PPM = 580(1.2EC)

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
20ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud

Check out the ladies. I can't wait to see what kind of effect the 1000w HPS will have compared to the 600w HPS.

Kushberry
Week1.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
Flower Update Week 2

Hey everyone so It's week 2 of flower and so far this week I'm not having any problems yet:jumpgrin: It's funny because when I started growing I ran into less problems and it seems that as I progress in experience I run into more problems haha. I suppose it's good though because I'm learning how to deal with them and further refine my abilities. I have a positive outlook though as I've heard

The skill of a grower isn't determined alone just by how perfect there room is, but the growers ability and speed at witch he/she deals with problems that inevitably arise.

So It's the 2nd week of flower and little buds are starting to emerge. I've noticed that these Kushberry's have a decent amount of stretch to them even under this 1000wHPS. What do you make of that? Either way I hope they plan on filling out to be some fat rock solid nugs. I'm also pretty sure they stop stretching around week 2.

I recently gave them a compost tea with some of the remains of the Roots Organics line I have and they seem to like it. I've also been hitting my plants with tons of beneficial organisms(OREGONISM XL) every feeding and I have noticed that the top of my medium is hard with roots so now the wicking action of the medium is even better. This in turn allows the drip rings to fully saturate the medium with no dry spots! I'm definitely happy about that. Here is what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(1/26/11)
5 gal
25ml GO cal mag
4ml Roots Excelurator
25ml Floralicious Bloom
30ml Pura vida Bloom
20ml Pura Vida Grow
15ml Natures Nectar Organaguano
15ml Natures Nectar Potassium
20ml Flora Blend
120ml Humeg
40ml Earth Juice Catalyst
Roots Oregonism XL

PH 5.9
PPM = 650(1.3EC)

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
20ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
30ml Humega

Feeding(1/29/11)
6gal(Aerated for 36 hours until PH naturaly rose through microbial digestion)
35ml GO cal mag
90ml Ancient Amber
90ml Humega
35ml Earth Juice Catalyst
60ml Big Buddah Bloom
40ml Big buddah Grow
20ml HP
90ml Extreme Serene
Oregonism XL

PPM=550(1.1EC)
PH 6.0
Temp:70

I'm also hoping that this last addition of Roots tea should give them a mega blast of microbes especially since I let the PH naturally rise to 6.0 from microbial digestion.

Here are some shots for ya!

Family shot
IMG_1952.jpg

Cleaned up canopy about a week ago
IMG_1959.jpg

Beginning nugular
IMG_1958.jpg

So that's what has been going on as of this week so far. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or constructive criticism!

Marn

Just read your whole thread. I like that you're trying a bunch of different strains, grow methods, and substrates. Very nice work. Keep it up.

justiceman

Veteran
Looking great Man!!! Just ordered me a 4by4 tent today. Ill be following this thread keep up the good work.
Thanks King! It's good to know that people are still checking this thread out. I'll keep on posting indeed. That 4 x 4 tent should treat you quite well.

Just read your whole thread. I like that you're trying a bunch of different strains, grow methods, and substrates. Very nice work. Keep it up.
Right on Marn. Thanks for noticing the difference in strains, methods etc. I'm just trying to get a feel for what I do and don't like. Since I'm still a relatively new grower I haven't had the time to try out a variety of styles so that's what I'm doing now.

---------------------------------

Flower Update Week 3

Hey everyone it's week 3 of flower! Now things are starting to happen for sure! I've got a pretty decent amount of bud sites coming out, and the resin is coming out as well with some great fruity smells along with it. I'm pretty stoked as I end up usually taking chances with cuts I know nothing about. So far this Kush Berry seems to be a pretty sweet strain though.

I also bumped up her feeding since flowering is progressing towards it's peak. Here's what I've been feeding as of late.

Feeding(2/1/11)
4gal
20ml Calplex
5ml Huvega
60ml Ancient Amber
32ml Bud Candy
25ml Pure Blend Pro bloom
20ml Floralicious bloom
20ml Flora Blend
Oregonism XL

PPM=580(1.2EC)
PH 5.9
Temp: 69

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
10ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
15ml Ancient Amber

Feeding(2/4/11)
4gal
25ml Calplex
5ml Huvega
120ml Ancient Amber
32ml Bud Candy
40ml Pure Blend Pro bloom
20ml Floralicious bloom
20ml Flora Blend
16ml Earth Juice Assist(Wetting Agent)
Oregonism XL

PPM=700(1.4EC)
PH 5.9

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
10ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
15ml Ancient Amber

So the experimental General Organics plant seems to be doing just as well in bud production as the rest. She seemed to stretch a bit farther then the rest though. So far the GO line seems to be a reliable and simple nutrient with a minimal amount of additives. Another thing I like about it is the additives that are used generally only need to be used in increments of 5ml per gallon witch to me boasts affordability. In case you didn't know the GO plant is at the bottom left of the family picture.

Here are some shots for ya.

Family Shot
IMG_1976.jpg

Nug Shots
IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

You may notice what looks like interveinal chlorosis as a result of mg def on one of the bud shots however I have deduced that it is the beginning of light burn as a result of the 1000w being to close. I raised it a while ago and that's why the newer growth isn't doing that, however I think I might raise it again for safety.

justiceman

Veteran
Flower Update Week 4!

So the Kushberry are looking pretty sweet and they have definitely been making big changes each week. I'm loving the resin output and the present aromas. She has a sweet fruity smell to her. Finally the flowers are getting pretty chunky so the nug shots will be in full effect from now on! Unfortunately I have noticed a bit of PM on some outer perimeter leaves earlier last week. I actually have my intake and exhaust quite high and my humidity gets no higher then 55% at night. That means during the day it runs around 38-45%. I'm thinking it could be due to localized humidity issues coupled with the strain being susceptible to PM and also too dense of a canopy? As a result I set up two more clip on fans for air movement on the other two corners of the tent, and I cleaned the PM leaves by hand with a neem oil solution. So far things have been looking good and I haven't been seeing much PM turn up, but every now and then I spot a leaf that i clean. I'm hoping I can keep it under control until harvest so far so good though. To bad foliar sprays are out since I'm in flower or I'd try a full neem, potassium bicarbonate, bacterial, or sea solid foliar spray. If you have any suggestions please feel free to send them my way.

Recently I've been getting a bit more into the idea of using sea solids for agriculture. There are a couple books I'm about to get and read more into it. I know about a few different salt variety's that are supposed to be the best in terms of mineral analysis. The first and probably most known is SEA-90, then Celtic sea salt, and Himalayan crystal salt. Some claim to feed with sea solids as high as 2000ppm! I can't say I'm all for that, but I do have an interest in the idea in itself. The two books I'm about to by are:

Sea Energy Agriculture-Maynard Murray
Fertility from the Ocean Deep-Charles Walters

Basically the theory is sea solids are suppose to help re-mineralize depleted soil. Hence they are also theoretically suppose to help with increased disease/pest resistance, increased vigor/yield, increased nutritional value/essential oil production, as well as enabling more efficient use of fertilizer. In other words less nutes.

Basically it can be used in anyway you see fit. Soil drench, Foliar spray, compost tea, hydroponics, aquaponics.

I know what many of you might be thinking. "Ya the complex amount of trace minerals could be beneficial but what about the Sodium and Chloride?"

Theoretically the trace minerals are bonded in such a manner with sodium and chloride witch somehow causes sodium/chloride to not produce bad effects.

Now don't get me wrong. I have my skepticism about the levels of Sodium and Chloride but as always I'm willing to take a bit of a risk. I'm going to start trying to implement some Himalayan crystal salt SOLE into my feeding regiment. Of course not in the crazy 2000ppm range quite yet. I've attempted to experiments today so far and we shall see the results soon. I gave my outdoor exiled casey jones plant 350ppm worth of Himalayan salt crystal. As you will notice in my flower tent feeding schedule I have also included 50ppm worth in my nutrient mix.

Feeding(2/7/11)
4gal
25ml Calplex
15ml Huvega
120ml Ancient Amber
40ml Earth Juice Catalyst
25ml Pure Blend Pro bloom
20ml Floralicious bloom
20ml Flora Blend
4ml Earth Juice Assist(Wetting Agent)

PPM=600(1.2EC)
PH 5.9

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
10ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
15ml Diamond Black

Feeding(2/10/11)
4gal
25ml Calplex
20ml Huvega
120ml Ancient Amber
32ml Bud Candy
30ml Pura vida bloom
20ml Pura vida grow
20ml Floralicious bloom
20ml Flora Blend
40ml Hygrozyme
Roots Oregonism Xl

PPM=850(1.7EC)
PH 5.9

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
25ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
15ml Diamon Black

Feeding(2/13/11)
4gal
5ml Himalayan salt crystal SOLE(50ppm)
25ml Calplex
10ml Huvega
60ml Diamond Black
32ml Bud Candy
30ml Pure Blend Pro bloom
20ml Floralicious bloom
40ml Flora Blend
40ml Hygrozyme
48ml Natures Nectar Potassium
48ml Natures Nectar Organaguano
Roots Oregonism Xl

PPM=850(1.7EC)
PH 5.9

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
30ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
15ml Diamond Black

got some pics for you guys as well!

Family shot
IMG_1996.jpg

Experimental General Organics Kushberry nug
IMG_2000.jpg

Normal Kushberry nug
IMG_2008.jpg

dachieftan

heya bruda. your ladies lookin good as always. It seems great minds think alike... I just started the GO line as well. So far I am liking it. One thing I noticed is that my city tap water is pretty alkaline and the GO line adjust it perfectly for me. straight out of the tap, the ph of water is about 7.5-8. I add the GO line nutes and it adjust my ph to about 6-6.2. Using SS#4 soiless medium this go around and it is working well. Specifically I'm using the bio thrive grow/bloom as well as their bio-marine. Ofcourse I gotta throw in some compost tea w/ mychorizae every now and then. BTW I also seem to have had the same deficiency as you. I thought it was just cold weather turning the new growths yellow but those green veins made it look like a deficiency for sure. I guess I'll tone down the nutes and flush with straight water every third watering. I did figure flushing excess nutes out was redundant since the GO seems pretty gentle.:rant:
hakuna matata bruda:wave:

justiceman

Veteran
heya bruda. your ladies lookin good as always. It seems great minds think alike... I just started the GO line as well. So far I am liking it. One thing I noticed is that my city tap water is pretty alkaline and the GO line adjust it perfectly for me. straight out of the tap, the ph of water is about 7.5-8. I add the GO line nutes and it adjust my ph to about 6-6.2. Using SS#4 soiless medium this go around and it is working well. Specifically I'm using the bio thrive grow/bloom as well as their bio-marine. Ofcourse I gotta throw in some compost tea w/ mychorizae every now and then. BTW I also seem to have had the same deficiency as you. I thought it was just cold weather turning the new growths yellow but those green veins made it look like a deficiency for sure. I guess I'll tone down the nutes and flush with straight water every third watering. I did figure flushing excess nutes out was redundant since the GO seems pretty gentle.:rant:
hakuna matata bruda:wave:

when your talking about the defecieny do you mean my current N def, or the one I had back in week 2 i beleive of veg? Ya man I like the GO line a lot so far especially the ingredients in the base nutes. I also like it's affordability, and dilution ratio of the addatives. I'm using the whole line except for the bio-marine. So that would be Bio Thrive grow/bloom, Bio root, Bio bud, Bio weed, and Diamond black. I use R/O water so when I check out the PH it usually sits at around 5.1PH. I've actually watered plants with that level of PH and they did fine with the GO. How do you like that SS#4 mix? Funny enough i was just reading about it and I'm considering trying it out.

dachieftan

when i say defeciency I mean the one from a couple of weeks back. the one where your new growth shoots were very pale with super green veins and looking droopy even though the containers obviously had h2o. I did all I could to cover my bases on possibilities. I doubt that it was MG but I foliar fed some epsom salts which also provided some sulfur. I also added a little bit of dolomite lime for Calcium which also upped my ph a little. Seemingly, they are doing well and mine were in veg also when I saw this deficiency.

Yeah I think the bio marine is beneficial with all those amino acids but it is straight stanky. Room smells like an aquarium afterwards. How are those bio root,bud, weed, and black working out for ya?

I am really liking the SS#4 soiless medium. Firstly, I like the price for the amount. $40 for a whole bale of it. I think it is dominantly sphangum moss with perlite. I also threw some super soil on the bottom of some pots of SS#4 of them to see what happens in comparison to the straight SS#4. I ran some RO water at 7.2 through the medium and runoff ph came out to 5.8. If anything, I would add a little bit of dolomite lime prior to planting to bring up the ph a tad bit. I would also add some earthworm castings. Not that the medium needs it w/ the Go line, I just like the fact if they gals want it, they can have it and EWC are one of those amendments that are hard to overdue. I'll post some pics up in a week if you want.
*edit* i was trippin leaving the ph @ 6. sure enough it lead to a phosphorus lockout. I suppose 5.5 is the new golden number with soiless mediums. This is my first attempt with soiless so live and learn.
hukuna matata
brother man

justiceman

Veteran
when i say defeciency I mean the one from a couple of weeks back. the one where your new growth shoots were very pale with super green veins and looking droopy even though the containers obviously had h2o. I did all I could to cover my bases on possibilities. I doubt that it was MG but I foliar fed some epsom salts which also provided some sulfur. I also added a little bit of dolomite lime for Calcium which also upped my ph a little. Seemingly, they are doing well and mine were in veg also when I saw this deficiency.

Yeah I think the bio marine is beneficial with all those amino acids but it is straight stanky. Room smells like an aquarium afterwards. How are those bio root,bud, weed, and black working out for ya?

I am really liking the SS#4 soiless medium. Firstly, I like the price for the amount. $40 for a whole bale of it. I think it is dominantly sphangum moss with perlite. I also threw some super soil on the bottom of some pots of SS#4 of them to see what happens in comparison to the straight SS#4. I ran some RO water at 7.2 through the medium and runoff ph came out to 5.8. If anything, I would add a little bit of dolomite lime prior to planting to bring up the ph a tad bit. I would also add some earthworm castings. Not that the medium needs it w/ the Go line, I just like the fact if they gals want it, they can have it and EWC are one of those amendments that are hard to overdue. I'll post some pics up in a week if you want.
*edit* i was trippin leaving the ph @ 6. sure enough it lead to a phosphorus lockout. I suppose 5.5 is the new golden number with soiless mediums. This is my first attempt with soiless so live and learn.
hukuna matata
brother man

Ya man I'm thinking I ran into that def not because of a lck of nutes but maybe I transplanted them too soon. Haha I know what you mean about the bio marine. I personally like the bio root. It's basically GH flora blend. The bio bud is sick too(basically flora licious) with its amino acids, kelp, and I beleive humics. I like the diamond black alot actually. It seems to have the highest Humic acid content(6%) compared to the 4% of Organicare's Humega.

Interesting about that soilless PH and such. I'll definitely keep that in mind. In my Roots Organics Soilless mix I tend to run it at 6.0 when I transplant and i beleive I also run into a bit of P def. Ya man I'd be more then happy if you posted some pictures.

----------------------

Week 5 Flower update

Hey everyone it's week 5 of flower witch in my opinion is probably one of the most important weeks for heavy feeding and I am falling behind hehe. The girls are still looking hungry even after I gave them a 2.1EC feeding. I'm about to bump it up to 2.3 possibly and see what happens. The 1000w demands are quite high indeed. Regardless of the low feeding they still seem to be chunking up fairly well. They certainly have some nice resin coming out and the canopy is indeed full.

Here's what I have been feeding them.They are a bit thirsty right now because I didn't feed them last night(generative steering). I'm about to feed them right now though.

Feeding(2/16/11)
4gal
40ml GO calmag
60ml Diamond Black
20ml Liquid Karma
32ml Bud Candy
90ml Pura Vida Bloom
40ml Pura Vida Grow
20ml Floralicious bloom
20ml Flora Blend
40ml Hygrozyme

PPM=1050(2.1EC)
PH 5.9

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
30ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
15ml Diamon Black

Unfortunately I am still running into PM issues. I manually treat as many leaves by hand as possible but to no avail PM still shows itself. My humidity is 37-47% and my temps are about 68-80. I have four oscillating fans in each corner of the tent and a fan on the bottom tray blowing the lolipopped/lower cannopy area of the plants. To be honest I'm at a loss on what I should do or what happened. My canopy isn't denser then my previous grows and hell I've improved my ventilation since previous grows. Is this strain susceptible to PM? Did these cuts come infected with PM from the dispensary? Either way I'm questioning whether to continue this KB flower or not. It's not ridiculously infested, but I'm just not really trying to smoke on PM bud and I'm unsure of how far it will progress by week 9. So far I've only seen it on fan leaves. On the flip side there are tons of excellent nugs that don't have the problem. What do you guys think I should do? I'm weary of spraying as I fear for bud rot since my plants immune system is obviously shit.

Well here are some shots for ya.

Family shot
IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

Hood shot
IMG_2036.jpg

Nug shot
IMG_2043.jpg

On an interesting not I got some of this SEA-90. I'll admit I have my doubts about it but I'm going to implement experiments in order to see whats up. So far I have used it as a foliar spray on my casey jones plant and it seems to be doing quite well. Maybe I'll try a medium drench once I muster the courage.

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

Test Plant
IMG_2025.jpg

dachieftan

Unfortunately I am still running into PM issues. I manually treat as many leaves by hand as possible but to no avail PM still shows itself. My humidity is 37-47% and my temps are about 68-80. I have four oscillating fans in each corner of the tent and a fan on the bottom tray blowing the lolipopped/lower cannopy area of the plants. To be honest I'm at a loss on what I should do or what happened. My canopy isn't denser then my previous grows and hell I've improved my ventilation since previous grows. Is this strain susceptible to PM?

Sounds like you need a sulfur vaporizer brother. It will stop any PM in it's tracks. Best of all there is no residue on your buds... OR that's what I have read at least. I would do some more research before investing in one but I'm pretty sure you can kill that PM
and finish off your run with no residue on ur nuggets.

btw, do you know of any good proxy sites so that I can post pics?

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
To treat the PM I would start by removing pretty much all of the fan leaves.
The plants don't need them any more and removing them will give you MUCH more airflow.

The sulfur burner or milk spray (if I recall correctly) should finish them off, but I would go there only once the reason it came the first place is gone.

justiceman

Veteran
Sounds like you need a sulfur vaporizer brother. It will stop any PM in it's tracks. Best of all there is no residue on your buds... OR that's what I have read at least. I would do some more research before investing in one but I'm pretty sure you can kill that PM
and finish off your run with no residue on ur nuggets.

btw, do you know of any good proxy sites so that I can post pics?
Ya man I'm going to look into one of those sulfur vapes for next run as a preventative. I've read a few things about them so far. Some say if you use it in week 6 and later that you might have a bit of residual sulfur on the buds. Others say you won't. I'm personally not going to risk it right now, but it would have been perfect if I thought about it a couple weeks ago as I hear they are the most effective

I think you might want to try out photobucket, or imageshack.

To treat the PM I would start by removing pretty much all of the fan leaves.
The plants don't need them any more and removing them will give you MUCH more airflow.

The sulfur burner or milk spray (if I recall correctly) should finish them off, but I would go there only once the reason it came the first place is gone.

Thanks fonzee. That's some good advice. I'll get too removing unneeded fan leaves immediately.

It might seem lame of me to blame this on someone else as it should be all my fault, but I'm thinking I got the PM from cuts I received from a dispensary. I've done 4 runs in my 4'x4'x6.5' tent so far and this is the first time I've encountered PM. My ventilation is a 400cfm 6" for intake and another 400cfm 6" for exhaust. I have 4 oscillating fans in the tent for airflow. My humidity is no higher then 50% at night. In my last grows it was up to 70% at night with no PM. I can't really think of any ways to improve my ventilation or humidity as they seem to be maxed out especially for such a small tent. Hell I have a mother tent in the same room with different strains with worse ventilation and none of my other plants have the slightest inkling of PM on them.

--------------------------

Week 6 Flower Update

Hey everyone! I hope everyone's gardens are doing well. So it's week 6 of flower and that means it's time to start winding down for the harvest(8 week flower). These girls seem quite decent in size although I can't say they are fatter or more productive then the hindu skunk I ran with a 600w. Oh well this is just by eyeballin though. I can say however the Kushberry smell great! and they are frosted with a really nice amount of resin. Heres what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(2/20/11)
4gal
30ml Calplex
120ml Ancient Amber
32ml Bud Candy
40ml HPK
75ml Pure Blend Pro bloom(soil/coco)
20ml Floralicious bloom
40ml Flora Blend

PPM=1170(2.4EC)
PH 5.9

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
30ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
15ml Diamon Black

Feeding(2/23/11)
4gal
25ml Calplex
60ml Humega
60ml Huvega
32ml Bud Candy
30ml Pure Blend Pro bloom(hydrogarden)
20ml Floralicious bloom
20ml Flora Blend
40ml Hygrozyme
5ml Earth Juice assist

PPM=600(1.2EC)
PH 6.1

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
15ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
15ml Diamon Black

Feeding(2/26/11)
5.5gal
25ml Calplex
120ml Ancient amber
120ml Humega
32ml Bud Candy
20ml Floralicious bloom
20ml Flora Blend
30 Pura Vida bloom
20 Pura Vida grow
45 Natures nectar organaguano
15 Natures nectar potassium
40ml Hygrozyme
PPM= 700(1.4EC)
PH 5.8

Experiment plant:
1 gal
5ml GO cal mag
15ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Bud
15ml Diamon Black

As you can see the General Organics plant is severely deficient in Nitrogen. I'm thinking the base nutrient doesn't cover enough of the N needs even past full strength. Oh well this wasn't enough to fully cover an experiment on the GO line, but it does give me an idea of whats going on. I did notice I was starting to burn her a bit as well so i definitely pushed it to the max in terms of nutrient strength in the medium. I'm thinking the nutrient ratios weren't prime though.

So I'm going to start implementing a new type of "flush". Before I would only water with plain non PH'd R/O for the duration of 2-3 weeks. Now my change will be this. For the first week of flush I'm going to be adding humates/fulvates and digestive enzymes, to help flush out/breakdown/and utilize all of the remaining nutrients in the medium. Then the last week will be plain non ph'd R/O water. So the PM is being kept under control for the most part with periodic neem sprays and such. To bad I didn't check out a sulfur vape a couple weeks back. I'm pretty sure I got it from the cuts I sourced form a dispensary. I'll be more careful from now on.

Here are some shots for ya!

Family shot
IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

General Organics plant
IMG_2059.jpg

General Organics nug
IMG_2063.jpg

control nug
IMG_2068.jpg

So I beleive I told you guys about my SEA-90 experiment. I have a Casey Jones mom that is kind of in limbo between outside and inside the kitchen(during cold nights). So far I have foliar sprayed her with full strength SEA-90 and she seems to like it so far. Just a few days ago I got some courage and decided to douse her roots with 250ppm worth of SEA-90. So far she seems to tolerate it quite well. This will be a good experiment too since she recently started flowering.

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
That looks like a WAY too small of a pot for such a plant.
Let her grow...
Hehe maybe your right. I should probably transplant that lady, but what about the fact she has started flowering. Wouldn't that stress her out too much to transplant during flower?

------------------------------

Flower Update Week 7

Alright guys it's week 7 of flower! So every time I've been running a new strain and because of that every grow has been different. This time around I made the grow really different because I added 400w extra of light instensity(600w hps to 1000w hps). I can say that the 1000w definitely helps with throwing out the resin. As far as yield it seems to be similar to the 600w hps(for my current set up). Now that could be for a few different reasons. Strain, lack of Co2, small root space, or inadequate feeding. It's most likely a combination of everything. I do know that I'm going to upgrade to 3gal smart pots instead of 2 gal in order to get the extra root space, and nutrient buffering. I probably won't add co2 as I'm not really in the position to do that. I'm going to adjust my feeding style, and of course the next strain will be Durban Poison!

Either way here is what I have been feeding them as of late.

Feeding(3/1/11)
4gal
20ml Humic 18
40ml Hygrozyme

Experiment plant:
5ml Humic 18
10ml Hygrozyme

Feeding(3/3/11)
4gal
20ml Humic 18
40ml Hygrozyme

Experiment plant:
5ml Humic 18
10ml Hygrozyme

Feeding(3/5/11)
4gal
20ml Humic 18
40ml Hygrozyme

Experiment plant:
5ml Humic 18
10ml Hygrozyme

Just been giving them humate, and enzymes to try and finish off the rest of the nutrient in the medium. From now on I'm going to give them just non ph'd R/O water and maybe some clearex. By the way all of the humate/hygrozyme feedings have been non ph'd(7.0ph when mixed in) I beleive it's unnecessary to ph those two items as the medium's PH is independent of the R/O water PH. R/O PH is affected so easily as it has nothing in it. I beleive once it stays in the medium it's ph is altered to that of the medium. But of course this all works in theory if you have active biological life thriving in the medium.

I beleive a good way to check the PH and EC of a thriving medium is to actually make a 1:1 slurring(soil/water) shake it around let it sit for 30 minutes and then measure the PH/EC. That's theoretically suppose to be closer to the true PH and EC of your soil/medium as run off numbers only show you the PH and EC of the water and not the medium. Of course this doesn't apply to inert hydro mediums like hydroton, rockwool, and Sure to grow, etc.

These Kushberrys are packin on some resin for sure though. I really like the smell too. Very potent fruity/berry smell. One thing I will say about the 1000w is although it hasn't appeared to increase my yeild by much(yet) it has seemed to increase resin, and aromas, as well as more uniform ripening. I like the ripening aspect as you can start to notice the calyxes swelling on the nug shots. It took longer for that to happen on lower intensity lighting. I can't wait to dry them out try out a sample! here are some pictures for ya.

Family shots
IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

Nug shots
IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts