What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow along with AG and son's

Americangrower

Veteran
So I decided to snap a few Plaster of Paris bud shots in the dark with only a flashlight. My phone sucks but by the white bud you get the idea of how much caking is going on at day 48.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
thanks for sharing the two phenos u are finding. good info...... tough for me to tell who is influencing who.

IDK Ive never taken a pic during dark period as to not cause hermies but I figure what the hell. No flash just a flashlight. I need to buy a cheap camera with macro

i have a decent sony camera that has like 14mill or something pixel blah blah. has some macro options too. but the problem is at those high magnifications the camera needs to be still. an i have to turn the fans off to stop moving the colas. so its put the camera on a tripod, an shut the fans down. then snap photos. some of the fans arent so easy to get to.

or

take focused shots with my iphone 6, an try not to zoom in to much. i end up taking an 8-10 burst of photos for each wanted photo. upload the photos to the computer an sort thru using the sony utility program. focus, zoom, light correct,an trim back or center the photos. found it way easier to zoom in this way.

hope that helps..

Americangrower

Veteran
thanks for sharing the two phenos u are finding. good info...... tough for me to tell who is influencing who.

i have a decent sony camera that has like 14mill or something pixel blah blah. has some macro options too. but the problem is at those high magnifications the camera needs to be still. an i have to turn the fans off to stop moving the colas. so its put the camera on a tripod, an shut the fans down. then snap photos. some of the fans arent so easy to get to.

or

take focused shots with my iphone 6, an try not to zoom in to much. i end up taking an 8-10 burst of photos for each wanted photo. upload the photos to the computer an sort thru using the sony utility program. focus, zoom, light correct,an trim back or center the photos. found it way easier to zoom in this way.

hope that helps..

Yep a tripod sure does help, even just the small cheap plastic 1 from dollar store works. I saw a good deal thru groupon for a Nikon coolpix s7000 (refurbished) for $100 it has macro and image stabilization. Seems perfect for a bud cam.

Americangrower

Veteran
I haven't grown GG4 yet.. I have a Mom in veg and like 5 young clones. I'm going to take another 10 or so to run after the room empties out some.

Star..What smell do you get off GG4 from stem rub?