What's new

Grindhouse Stock!

M

MrSterling

So is GMS still in business? I keep hearing about the P19 pheno of Blockhead, wandered in here to do some reading, but that's a big number in front of a pack of seeds. What's the deal? Other than "good genetics".

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
really not surprised about all this...steele never had good customer/business relations. i remember him talking about how "grindhouse is not in this for the profit, etc"...then he doubles the price of his beans...lol. .im not against profit by any means...shit nothing wrong with trying to make a few dollars out of some seeds, just should be some good reasoning about such a high price increase...

it seems the new target range of bean prices is around 80 bucks..thats what rare dankness, CSG, Cannaventure and a bunch of other breeders are charging lately. 130 a pack better have some elite clones or lots of documented stabilization..wonder what happened to his cookie crosses that he was raving about..thats probably the only stuff worth more than 100 a pack..

not trying to stir the shit pot...peace

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
For many Chem D, pre98 BK and Blockhead is pretty special smokes. Some call it elite, tho I don't like that term, folks get it twisted. Especially with Chem, which is prolly an S1, and you shouldn't breed with an S1, so I've been taught.
I bought 3 packs for 160, a good deal for sure.

There seem to be at least 12 seeds per pack which is nice.

Haven't popped Prophet, but MobBoss is pretty stabile, homogenous, with nice variation from TT to Chem D, Chem doms most times tho, given no lightleeks and stress, as with any other line of herb.

I think, think! steele runs a good amount of lights, and have other business to take care of other than breeding, + he wants to be on the plus side of things, like most of us. So I can understand the price jump, just like Rezs Chem is $187, it took a lot af work and money to make it. Not that it seems completely fair to many, but I can understand it...
Although I like another dude perspective on this ChemD shitstorm, he makes freebies out of it, not wanting to charge big amounts for something most don't know what is, and it's great meds for many. That's noble. But it can be a lil noble too, to make beans avaliable for a price too, for peeps who really want it, need it.
I'm sure most breeder, hacks, seedmakers ect would love to just give seeds away, especially to patients. You just can't do that unless your wealthy, grow outdoors or have a nice amount of free energy of some sorts.

A lot of good, equally strong shit out there, maybe even "better", more open, variated bred, like a MSN Mango Haze with 18 seeds in a pack.
That's an awesome breed right there, you'll proberly keep it the rest of your life, if you can. That's worth a good deal of money. A lot of cheaper, good potent lines out there too, maybe not truebreeding, non-bottlenecked and all that.

If many want it, and the breeder can't supply it in endless amounts, price goes up, simple as that.

Last edited:
M

MrSterling

I like the accessibility, and openness from many of the breeders here on ic on their lines, origins, etc. I've had a harder time getting the real deal on either Steele or Rez's gear. These must be great strains if the breeders can afford to let them speak for themselves.

Rez's seeds are too rich for my blood as well, and they can't even be bothered to have strain descriptions or info up on the bou. I can't imagine why unless you think your strains so elite their name should be enough. Poor business practice to me.

Maybe my investigating will change my mind; but right now I can't justify Steele's price. No matter how crazy those blockhead ibl photos are.

gdup

I still have a pack of Mob Boss and The Prophet (original release) in the fridge from a couple years ago. Funny cause when he released his shit, nobody cared about it (other than sourbubble/dmt). It sat there forever, now people are begging for more Mob Boss.

Makes you wonder how many diamonds in the rough there are out there that haven't been discovered. I didn't know anything about GMS or Steele, just bought them cause they were a Blockhead cross.

I think sometimes we get too wrapped up in breeders brands that we don't realize that these guys all started as private breeders themselves, so maybe taking a chance on a lesser known breeder/strain you will end up with exactly what you're looking for.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
MrSterling, I couldn't buy them either at this new price. Too much for my budget

Yea, take Nirvana's Full Moon or Eldorado, classics all the way, but not that wellknown or hyped, properly because of the long flowering time. Many want the quicker yielder, sedative afghans and indicas, so the sat dom gems stay in the connoisseurs garden most of the time. And this is for $33, can't beat that. HOL has nice cheap stuff too.

There has popped a lot of cheap, maybe bottlenecked seeds up the last years, it's good for something, like a nice stash and low budget grows. I wanna try for example Chimeras stuff out, big selections over long periods of stabilization are intriguing, you can feel the love one into genes like that, especially for picking out a nice male or two and dusting some ladies, making my own private amateur bottleneck stuff, hehe... Not sayin steele has no luv for his, Blockhead seems pretty awesome, tho bottlenecked/IBL and only originates from a pack of SOL Blockhead, would love to try that too some day, it has proven it's good traits, as taste, trichs and high in the MobB I tried. Steele selected TT-pheno/Blockhead outta 80 BXd seeds, if my search on info is correct.

Last edited:
L

LouDog420

steele, chimera, and hol... obviously you can all tell which was the most expensive and worthwhile... ;)

Fuck the drama, grow that fire.

Cmobile9

At the time of me purchasing mob boss I knew nothing of Steele nor GH, but I guess I liked the name of the seed packet. But I am tried to germ a whole pack and got nothing $60 into his pocket or most of it and I didn't get to try nothing.
But I look at things now and it's like trying to beat a dead horse because no matter how I look at it almost everywhere he starts to get a little notoriety on the boards he leave.
But to double your price and not explain yourself why. To me he is like stick it up your yzoo
and don't care who knows about it.
I mean he did nothing but select period, other breeders picked it for him. Come on if you would read the stickys he have on how he came about his selections it wasn't even all his work. I don't know I just held my tongue for too long about this guy. I am sorry but do some traveling find some landrace then talk about doubling up.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
IMO- The old mob boss seeds are close to priceless / worth 200+ for a pack of 10 (back when he first released MB he hooked up 12 per pack. I would never say that about any other strain..
Here's my winning pheno that I am so happy about, but all pheno's are very similar!
picture.php

picture.php

oldguy

I feel the price is acceptable considering the amount of work that was put into it. IBL'S and or specific strains can take alot of time to create. Anyone can pollen chunk but there are other dynamics involved when creating a strain. Time,energy and equipment take money in order to produce a end product.

That Blockhead IBL looks fantastic! Iv'e looked at that strain for a long time. Glad to see its an IBL. Looks like will be my next purchase list. Cheers!

T

TREE KING

daheadies nice plant! is that a chem pheno or a tang tang pheno? after waiting months im still waiting on the mob boss release.

daheadies just a heads up im gonna respond in your secret recipe thread later on tonight. i got this one big female from seed and im trying to figure out what it leans to im gonna take some pics

daheadies

poppin' outta control
daheadies nice plant! is that a chem pheno or a tang tang pheno? after waiting months im still waiting on the mob boss release.

daheadies just a heads up im gonna respond in your secret recipe thread later on tonight. i got this one big female from seed and im trying to figure out what it leans to im gonna take some pics

Awesome! Can't wait to get that thread going again! My favorite thread I have done besides this one.. That pictured pheno's smell is dead on exact to steele's description of his favorite mob boss pheno. It reeks of a "sharp lemon pinesol" with a chemmy funk taste to it.. Also, the stone is just incredibly potent. I think the effects come from the tang tang side. My Mob Boss beans in my opinion are priceless. They are worth well over $200 a pack of 10 (btw-when I bought these seeds steele used to hook up 12 per pack!), even if there were tons available. Why? Amazing Amazing taste, huge yield, and ridiculous stone.. I have grown aprox 85+ different strains (not just different phenos, but different strains) to date and Mob Boss takes the Cake (and the CSG SR, but if I had to choose just 1 the Mob Boss would win) You guys make a huge deal about him doubling his prices... While I stand by my word that the Mob Boss is worth anything, it is unfortunate that it is no longer available. However, his pre11 that is still available is very limited and can not be remade so it is worth double his old price. The Blockhead ibl is a ibl so by industry standard they are worth more.. And as far as the other strains go, they are all top shelf dankness, most of which are also high yielding. In addition, who knows if Grindhouse will ever be restocked, making whatever is left possibly "limited edition" ALSO, look at the old industry leader rez.. He charges absurd amounts for his IBL (180ish).. He charges 120+ for anything else worth having, and for the stuff thats harder to sell he will go down to 80.. And his shit is fucking hermie central according to the boards.. Now look at Grindhouse- Uses top notch mothers and fathers that are as potent and special as anything Rez has ever used (chemdog, pre98bubba, tang tang, etc), does not hermie, and started prices at only $60-70 for his ridiculously dank. FOR EVERYTHING! His prices were "starting company prices" as any company that is not well known should. As report after report kept confirming that Grindhouse is the Shiz Nizzo, and the public became aware that Grindhouse is as good or better then ANY other seed company out there, he raised his prices to a fair 130 (which again in comparison to industry leaders is fair) This is a supply vs demand equation people, not Steele being a dick. This is a capitalist world we are living in these days (for most places) so he is just abiding by society standards.. Get Grindhouse, get fucking stoned off the dankest best tasting seed genetics on the market.

Last edited: