What's new

Grims Grown

GRIMS

(Left to right) Hunter Smoke 2, Hunter Smoke 1 & Hylife x Trix
IMG-4216.jpg

And here is some flower from the homie Surefire. Cherry Pie x OZK bred by Mendoja. Crazy pie terps, absolute heater.

IMG-4220.jpg

Cheers, GRIMS.

GRIMS

I'm already so much happier with this run than I was with the previous one! Shoutout to Mother Nature for these nice cold temps, allowing me to grow these genetics to their true potential. Last run got fried by a heat wave and the mediocre harvest had me in my feelings. Today is day 58 and all the plants except the Chemistry F2 have around 80% milky trichome heads. I'll be aiming to harvest on Tuesday (63 days). Enjoy the photos!

Doughzer - Dosi f2 x (41 x Sherb bx)

IMG-4256.jpg
day58.jpg
IMG-4254.jpg

Hylife x Trix

IMG-4236.jpg
IMG-4250.jpg

Hunter Smoke #1 - Sureshot x Zookies

IMG-4244.jpg
IMG-4247.jpg

Hunter Smoke #2 - Sureshot x Zookies

IMG-4239.jpg
IMG-4238.jpg

Chemistry F2 - Motorbreath #15 x Headbanger

IMG-4231.jpg

Cheers, GRIMS.

GRIMS

I took everyone out of the tent to get some better shots. I'm happy with the run up to this point!

Doughzer - She was the smallest plant from the jump (thrown in late, as replacement for a Chemistry that showed male) but yield is the least of my worries. The resin production is off the charts and she's got a way better aroma than my last run. Cookie dough gas with some Sherb on the end.

IMG-4402.jpg
IMG-4404.jpg
IMG-4406.jpg
IMG-4412.jpg
IMG-4410.jpg

Chemistry f2 - The least photogenic of the bunch, but she's got a nose burning lemon fuel terp that should be some heady smoke. Definitely reminiscent of some lemony Chem or OG type flower .

IMG-4416.jpg
IMG-4415.jpg

Hylife x GB6 Trix - Dank, burnt rubber, cherry gas! The smell in mid flower was overwhelmingly Cherry (was sort of hoping that'd stick around) but she's gotten Trix dominant in her finals weeks/days. Stupid bag appeal, nice big resin heads, chunky nugs from top to bottom. 10/10 to grow.

IMG-4419.jpg
IMG-4427.jpg
IMG-4429.jpg

Continued on the next post...

GRIMS

Hunter Smoke #1 - This plant has been a pleasure! Vigorous growth, unique raspberry terps, great genetics overall. Got some late color as well, which I'm pleased about.

IMG-4432.jpg
IMG-4430.jpg
IMG-4436.jpg
IMG-4440.jpg

Hunter Smoke #2 - This one has the early Cookie era bag appeal! The vibrant orange pistils on the beds of milky resin heads and dark waxy leaves give the bag appeal some added eye candy effect. Smell is Raspberry Cookies all the way.

IMG-4446.jpg
IMG-4450.jpg
IMG-4444.jpg
IMG-4452.jpg

Cheers, GRIMS.

ForTheLove

Veteran
Hylife is a bagseed Y-life. I believe Delta Boys found it, or possibly Grow Lokey - I'm unsure. I haven't smoked the "Hylife" by itself but I've had a decent amount of Gassy Taffy, which comes from the same cross that I'm running rn (Hylife x Trix). Love the Gassy Taffy!

I think growing up in the midst of it all, I sometimes forget how blessed we are in the states (Cali in particular). Really excited to grow some Forum next run. I wish you luck on your journey to find a Forum dom lady in those Cookie crosses. Rebel Grown and PCS definitely check the boxes for gassy, doughy terps.

Cheers, GRIMS.
Cheers, for the info on the Hylife.
Are your phenos anything like the Gassy Taffy cut?

Definitely found a forum dom in the RC but we'll have to see if the nugs bubble up like forum does (1 plant does have the wooly pistils, vertical growth, nug structure & colour like the original cut) fingers crossed she's got the smell and taste?
All the fun of the hunt 😄

Great photos too man. Phone or camera?
Thanks

(Sorry I posted this before I saw your latest posts)
Great end of run update bro!

Last edited:

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Last harvest looks like your starting to dial in the tent for yeild. Still looks like you have another foot or more of head space, what light you using? (Yes I skimmed thru, I like pics lol)

GRIMS

Cheers, for the info on the Hylife.
Are your phenos anything like the Gassy Taffy cut?

Definitely found a forum dom in the RC but we'll have to see if the nugs bubble up like forum does (1 plant does have the wooly pistils, vertical growth, nug structure & colour like the original cut) fingers crossed she's got the smell and taste?
All the fun of the hunt 😄

Great photos too man. Phone or camera?
Thanks

(Sorry I posted this before I saw your latest posts)
Great end of run update bro!
This pheno so far isn't as pungent on the gas notes as Gassy Taffy is, but it's definitely similar. I'm curious to see how the dry and cure affect the aroma.

I'm using the iPhone 12 Pro (I'm pretty sure) for the photos. Sometimes I have good luck with it, other times - not so much LOL. Appreciate the compliment!

Last edited:

GRIMS

Last harvest looks like your starting to dial in the tent for yeild. Still looks like you have another foot or more of head space, what light you using? (Yes I skimmed thru, I like pics lol)
Thanks for stopping by! Yield is one of the last things on my checklist, but definitely doesn't go unnoticed. The previous round I ran some clones from a buddy because I was a bit rusty on the grow skills, was in a time crunch and life was throwing curveballs. They were quicked vegged so, as you mentioned, there was quite a bit of room left in the tent (its a Gorilla tent with extensions). However, the main goal of this tent is to test for genetic potential (new seeds that're deemed "winners" will get passed to the team for bigger runs or safe keeping) and to have some personal homegrown to smoke. So I'm mostly concerned with how it's smoking (terps & effect) - then comes vigor, structure, bag appeal, yield, clonability etc.

I'm using a Growers Choice ROI E420. Big fan of that company!

Cheers, GRIMS.

GRIMS

Dry process has been steady. Shoutout the cold weather for the alley-oop! 3 days in, so looking for 10-11 more days at this rate (average temp = 64 rh% = 60). Hunter Smoke #1 (pictured) has a very intriguing earthy raspberry kush smell going on...

IMG-4595.jpg

The veg tent has been in slow mo (due to temps) but it's actually ideal becauseit is a bit crowded right now and I'm not going to cut down any clone back-ups until the current crop is smoke tested (of course!). Hylife x Trix is the most vigorous of group in veg, and has slowed down very little even with temps being at only around 72 degrees. I've pushed all the back ups and Doughzer momma's to the edges of the tent in an attempt to let the 8 seedlings enjoy majority of the direct light. If push came to shove I've got an extra Doughzer mom that I can give to a friend or cull to free up some space.

IMG-4615.jpg
IMG-4617.jpg

Hylife x Trix was desperate for some new shoes! She's happy in a 1 gal now

IMG-4586.jpg

Cheers, GRIMS.

GRIMS

No humidifier needed for drying this round, but the dehu is workin OVERTIME. Heavy rains in NorCal right now. We need it, so no complaints here.

Hunter Smoke #2

IMG-4624.jpg
IMG-4619.jpg

Doughzer

IMG-4627.jpg
IMG-4628.jpg

Cheers, GRIMS.

GRIMS

Trim up a small nug let's see that bag appeal before your test her out!

I'll trim a smaller nug of everything tomorrow and get pictures for everyone! Getting close... today is the 8th day drying, and I'm shooting for 12-14 total.

Temps have been 60-64 and RH has been 55-60% , with the exception of one day that it was extra dry outside and RH dropped to 40%. Slow and steady, my friends!

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
You go straight into jars or into paper bags then jars? I usually dry for 10-14days but thats hanging for 7-10 then trim an into bags untill finished an ready for jars