What's new

Grims Grown

GRIMS

Hey everybody, this is where I'll be sharing photos/info on what I've been growing recently. I just chopped on Monday, so I'll start by posting a bunch of pictures I took throughout the flowering process of that grow. Ran into some heat issues mid-way through flower which made the run less than ideal, but we just keep on keepin' on! Plant health was maintained throughout and quality is there, I just know it could've been better. Looking forward to documenting my next run on here as well as sharing the current harvests' smoke report with everyone. I'll be popping seeds and growing exclusive cultivars - Follow along, this is the way!

Equipment:
- 3x3 Gorilla Grow tent
- Growers Choice ROI-E420
- AC Infinity inline fan & ducting
- Cutting Edge Solutions nutrients
- Vermifire soil
- 3 gallon pots (for now...)

Genetics:
- Doughzer (bred by SureFireSelections)
- Z28 (Zkittlez x SFV OG)

Upcoming run - Chemistry, Hylife x Trix and more Doughzer!

July 5th - clones acquired (shoutout Surefire)

clones.jpg

And into their final 3 gallon homes! There were minimal transplant shock issues.

3gal.jpg

Flower week 1 (Doughzer in the front, Z28 in the back)

unnamed.jpg

Week 2 - Most tops hitting or about to hit the second trellis

trellis.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Week 3 - Decent amount of bud sites forming for the minimal veg time these ladies had!

1.jpg

3.jpg

Week 4 - This is where some temp issues occurred (88 degrees lights on some nights) due to a multi-week long heat wave in NorCal. The tent is in my apartment (top floor) and the AC unit is WEAK. I tried to bump up the humidity during the hot period to best match the elevated temperature. The plants didn't seem to mind too much, but I'd say it's safe to assume better overall end results can be achieved with lower temps.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Continued on next post...

Last edited:

GRIMS

Today is the 9th day of drying for the harvest. I've been able to maintain 64-68 degrees and 48-55% humidity for the entirety of the dry process thus far. I seem to be on track for a 11-13 day dry which is the goal for me! I'm currently trying to level up & get better at executing the dry/cure process, as well as trimming at the most optimal time to preserve terps.

The day everything is trimmed up, I'll clean out the tent and reset it. My veg area has some new varieties I've popped from seed to test, in addition to more Doughzer cuts about to be ready for action! Speaking of Doughzer, here are some photos to enjoy! Lineage: Dosi f2 x (41 x Sherb) bred by SureFireSelections

dough1.jpg
dough2.jpg

Cheers,
GRIMS

GRIMS

I trimmed up a sample of Doughzer today, just to see what she looked like. The terps are right up my alley: Gassy, nutty, vanilla/coffee, deep sweet DOUGH! It's looking like everything will be getting trimmed tomorrow or the next day.

7.jpg
1.jpg

Cheers,
GRIMS

GRIMS

Just kidding, looks like everything will be finished drying by Sunday. Moisture level should be ideal for trimming and storage by then. Buds will be getting trimmed and put straight into glass jars, so I really can't rush the dry process. Preserve those precious terps!

Cheers,
GRIMS

Last edited:

GRIMS

Today is day 14 of the dry. Temperature got to 72 degrees for an hour so the other day before I could correct it. Wasn't too happy about that but things seem to be going well otherwise. Humidity staying in the 52-58 range which I like.

Out of the tray of clones I took 8 days ago - 3 have popped visible roots already! I usually don't see roots until day 10-14.

Here's some Z28 drying. Bubblegum candy Z terps with some unmistakable OG gas.

z28 dry.jpg

Cheers,
GRIMS

GRIMS

Everything has been trimmed and is now curing. The Z28 is still smelling fresh/wet and terps haven't really popped yet, so she's spending some time in a paper bag. Really hope I can get that cany fragrance to come through. She definitely didn't enjoy the heatwave in late flower and was noticeably more negatively affected by it than the Doughzer, which took it like a champion and seemingly had no quality dip (resin and terpene production).

I got the tent reset and it's plant ready again. Just need all my clones to establish nice roots before I transplant. The Chemistry seedling I cloned showed roots exceptionally fast while the Doughzer seems to take a bit longer. Day 11 now, looking like they'll go 14-15. Not the prettiest cuttings at this stage so I'm looking forward to getting them in soil and getting them all happy and vigorous.

I'm mediocre at best when it comes to propagation. I generally get 95% survival rates but the plant health visibly deteriorates throughout the whole process. I've been implementing some new cloning SOP's from friends and things I've picked up from Clone Coach (on Instagram and Youtube), constantly trying to get better.

Pictures! (1st shot is Doughzer)
doughzer nugs.jpg
cuts.jpg
reset.jpg

Cheers,
GRIMS

Last edited:

GRIMS

How we doing today IC? It's been nice to get back to posting on here. A breath of fresh air and break from the Instagram "grind" :) I'm going to do my best to start making more long form/ detail-oriented posts on here!

Still patiently waiting for the clones to establish nice root systems that make me feel good about a seamless transplant. Everything else is ready to go! Ideally I go into solo cups for 7-10 days and then into their final 3 gallon homes. Checking on the clones here in a bit.

Excited about some new genetics I've got going, all created by ICMag familia:

(2) Sureshot x Zookies (Bred by GET MO)
(1) Hylife x Trix (Bred by Abja Roots ft. Grow Lokey)
(2) Chemistry (Bred by Boston Roots)

Some pics

newlife.jpg
life trix.jpg
ss zook.jpg

Cheers,
GRIMS

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Dope! Lookin forward to seein wut these do in your hands. I got 2 phenos of hunter smoke outside I think you gon love the terps on them, creamy raspberry n pungent kushy gas.
I’ve seen the hylife x trix from Abja grown enough times on ig to know thats gon be some fire too!
Whats the lineage of the chemistry?

GRIMS

Dope! Lookin forward to seein wut these do in your hands. I got 2 phenos of hunter smoke outside I think you gon love the terps on them, creamy raspberry n pungent kushy gas.
I’ve seen the hylife x trix from Abja grown enough times on ig to know thats gon be some fire too!
Whats the lineage of the chemistry?

Super excited to see what comes of the Hunter Smoke! Feeling better than ever, fully focused and dialed in mentally, the cooler weather is upon us, I'm ready to find some flame! The Hylife x Trix I'm stoked on because its the same line that produced the Gassy Taffy cut that Lokey Farms runs, and that shit is incredible. Fingers crossed she's some fuego, only running one pheno this go around. The Chemistry is Motorbreath #15 x Headbanger. Gas, gas, and more GAS!

Cheers,
GRIMS

GRIMS

Clones are rooted and have been transplanted into 4x4" square pots. Looking a bit deficient (as previously mentioned - slight leaf yellowing and purple streaked stems), but roots were established and ready for some soil. I was looking at everything in veg today and re-mapping out the next run, and realized I may change course a bit. Plant health and an even canopy are of major importance to me - I'll be monitoring everything closely over the next week and then deciding who makes the final cut for the flowering tent. Something I've really got to work on is timing when it comes to popping seeds, cloning etc.

jarcure.jpg

Cheers,
GRIMS

GRIMS

It's been a minute! Hope everybody's been well and is getting through whatever they're going through. Today is day 2 of flower. In total, I've got (2) Sureshot x Zookies, (1) Doughzer, (2) Chemistry, (1) Hylife x Trix in the bloom tent. The two Sureshot x Zookie plants and the Hylife x Trix are looking the best as far a health goes, vibrant bright green on the new growth and deep dark shiny green on the older fans. One of the Chemistry plants is small and seemingly deficient, the other larger and healthier yet still a bit finicky. The Doughzer in flower had some early trials and tribulations but looks to be back on track - happy and praying to the heavens, which we like!

I have a new soon to be Doughzer momma plant that's looking nice and vigorous - Should produce some nice healthy cuts for the run after this. The back up clone I have of the Hylife x Trix is shaping up to be a super nice, healthy plant. She roots quickly too, really hoping that one turns out to be some HEAT! Here are some photos

Hunter Smoke (Sureshot x Zookies)

hunter smoke.jpg

Hylife x GB6 Trix

HL trix.jpg

Doughzer

day2 dough.jpg

Future Doughzer mom

Doughzer mom.jpg

Hylife x Trix (backup)

hylife trix mom.jpg

Cheers, GRIMS.

Last edited:

KingCobra66

It's been a minute! Hope everybody's been well and is getting through whatever they're going through. Today is day 2 of flower. In total, I've got (2) Sureshot x Zookies, (1) Doughzer, (2) Chemistry, (1) Hylife x Trix in the bloom tent. The two Sureshot x Zookie plants and the Hylife x Trix are looking the best as far a health goes, vibrant bright green on the new growth and deep dark shiny green on the older fans. One of the Chemistry plants is small and seemingly deficient, the other larger and healthier yet still a bit finicky. The Doughzer in flower had some early trials and tribulations but looks to be back on track - happy and praying to the heavens, which we like!

I have a new soon to be Doughzer momma plant that's looking nice and vigorous - Should produce some nice healthy cuts for the run after this. The back up clone I have of the Hylife x Trix is shaping up to be a super nice, healthy plant. She roots quickly too, really hoping that one turns out to be some HEAT! Here are some photos

Hunter Smoke (Sureshot x Zookies)

View attachment 18774592

Hylife x GB6 Trix

View attachment 18774593

Doughzer

View attachment 18774594

Future Doughzer mom

View attachment 18774595

Hylife x Trix (backup)

View attachment 18774596

Cheers, GRIMS.
Doughzer is as is the others looking to be a good keeper for sure gonna be fire .:smoke: