What's new

Greyskull The Upcountry Country Grower

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greyskull The Upcountry Country Grower

Dudd is not a phenomenom to be laughing about. At all.
Its a fucked up waste of time...
But you have to experience it to understand. Its not like finding mites or pm or aphids or even bananas
Its way worse
Not encouraging others are getting similar results w other cuts...
Whered ypu get those cuts that went dudd on you phillthy? Has that source had problem too?
I dont think many folks talk about it too much...
Ill have to look at your pics jw vs the pics wandering roman/cabron posted in his tmv thread when i am at the house not on iphone at work haha
Carry on....

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would only see them dud about 1 out or 4 times. usually they were shorter than i like. sources were all different.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Wow Greyskull...I just spent the last 1/2 hour running through all 9 pages. I was smiling the whole way ( minus the dud stuff).
Your missed here in SD...but it's always good to have friends in beautiful places.
Shaka Brah!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's funny because here we have a page full of dank and then boom...I find it interesting as I have this very thing going on with a Swt#4 cut right now. The smell is even off.

I am wondering if perhaps at this point, and I am considering sending it for testing to confirm this, but it has some sort of mildew/mold/spore of some sort in the soil that is messing things up. I noticed my root health on this plant is just piss poor and it can't support itself...yet it doesn't fully die, but won't grow.

I haven't posted pics of her, to SOTF42's dismay, but like you said, we aren't talking about it apparently. I'm laughing at my own failure to discuss the matter and assume I'd get it under control. The plant is well about 7wk in now...and it never grew. I guess I should post her...

I jumped back a couple pages to catch the whole bit and I see Phillthy saying over-watering....well, I find it more to be the plant won't DRINK. Almost as if the roots never developed to the bottom of the bag or something. I was thinking it was a pH issue as I'm trying a new soil blend, but other plants didn't respond THAT poorly and I've managed to easily identify their issues and tweak it with a few bottles to success again. The SWT#4 just hasn't done a thing. (this is SOL Swt#4 clone, mind you...not SOTF release)...

In regards to a root issue, well, I'd love to just kill her and take a peek but, eh...figured I'd get it taken care of....but nothing has helped. She makes me scratch my chin and shake my head...pushed her in the back corner outta direct line of sight couple of weeks ago....LMAO!

at any rate...sorry to make light of it...glad you pulled it to the surface of the conversation. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ridiculous !! so dank !!

thanks homie
i thought you might be out this part of the middle of the pacific?

lets hope the rich volcanic soil will treat them right............duds suck.

before i grew any quality genetics i popped bagseed and under a 400w in 2 1/2 gal of soil i had 1 girl that was an absolute monster. she finished at just under 4' and i didnt do a final weigh but the cola was 1.75 oz dry. about the size of the arizona tea cans, and that is just bud, no stem....all the buds were cut away from the stem and after i had a 1.75z cola...........absolutly no buzz.

i cut the top 2" off the cola so it would fit into a lg jar and kept it as a reminder that i needed to get better seeds.....i ended up throwing the bud into a burn pile while burning my scrap plant material.

sheer disappointment

anyway, anyone running any landrace sativas? im hoping to be runnin some by next winter....i need to get back by the ultimate sativa thread.

peace

my man oldhoale keeps tellign me to put them in the ground. i know itll help make it harder for rippers to get the plants, as potted plants are a lot easier to nab...

whyd you throw that bud into the fire? damn dude!!!

Wow, looks like I missed a killer update and a bunch of great new arrivals. Congrats on all the new genetics that hit the island bro, you will make friends real fast like that. lol The buds are looking chunkier by the day, can't even imagine how heavenly they must smell.

nah man youre just getting in while the getting is good.
if its ever good hahaha
man the smells... im am so proud of the smell. heavenly is about right
thanks for the kind words

Yeah bro this is the first time I've seen this thread lol.. You know I'm always down for your show ,, Nice set up and plants BTW.. Could not have a nicer place to grow them either glad your having fun bro stay safe headband 707

hey what up yo!
glad youre checking in from your little bit of paradise
having fun is the only way
getting pissy is only gonna short change the ride.
i guess hahaha

Wow Greyskull...I just spent the last 1/2 hour running through all 9 pages. I was smiling the whole way ( minus the dud stuff).
Your missed here in SD...but it's always good to have friends in beautiful places.
Shaka Brah!

hey bro
thanks for taking the time to read my misspelled improperly punctuated typed jarble hahaha

yeah the dudd stuff makes me frown too. fuck it though. it smells too good in the garden to give a fuck too much. right now anyways.
i miss my sandiego compadres. and i miss hanging with yall too.
i dont know how im coping......
hahahaha
but i do miss my homies. my friends. for sure.

It's funny because here we have a page full of dank and then boom...I find it interesting as I have this very thing going on with a Swt#4 cut right now. The smell is even off.

I am wondering if perhaps at this point, and I am considering sending it for testing to confirm this, but it has some sort of mildew/mold/spore of some sort in the soil that is messing things up. I noticed my root health on this plant is just piss poor and it can't support itself...yet it doesn't fully die, but won't grow.

I haven't posted pics of her, to SOTF42's dismay, but like you said, we aren't talking about it apparently. I'm laughing at my own failure to discuss the matter and assume I'd get it under control. The plant is well about 7wk in now...and it never grew. I guess I should post her...

I jumped back a couple pages to catch the whole bit and I see Phillthy saying over-watering....well, I find it more to be the plant won't DRINK. Almost as if the roots never developed to the bottom of the bag or something. I was thinking it was a pH issue as I'm trying a new soil blend, but other plants didn't respond THAT poorly and I've managed to easily identify their issues and tweak it with a few bottles to success again. The SWT#4 just hasn't done a thing. (this is SOL Swt#4 clone, mind you...not SOTF release)...

In regards to a root issue, well, I'd love to just kill her and take a peek but, eh...figured I'd get it taken care of....but nothing has helped. She makes me scratch my chin and shake my head...pushed her in the back corner outta direct line of sight couple of weeks ago....LMAO!

at any rate...sorry to make light of it...glad you pulled it to the surface of the conversation. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

thats what i was hoping would come from the dudd talk. some perspective and discussion instead of that other shit weve seen in other threads!!!!
fucking bummer youve got some sort of issues with clones though.
WTF.... how much duddiness is going on around ic?
i wonder how many folks are just keeping it on the dl when it happens to them... i know it took two times for me to start talking about it. even if its something i did, which it very well could be, i just wnat to know how to correct it. cause it sucks....

Hoooooooo! Lookin FIRE on page 6!

hahaha
rad man
stoked you poked your head in
I am very stoked you think so
i went to try taking some pictures tonight because i was finished w my 40 but i didnt want the flash going off in the dark
but i think the pics i snap & put up tomorrow night are gonna be very good.
i know my hands are gonna be coated in resin and my house is gonna be reeking of dankedness. when the fan/filter is off in the drying room - that shit will be on 24/7 until the goods are dry.

stoked you stopped by and dropped a line man.
i wish i could grow large like you man....

pics cmoing tomorrow folks. itll be worth the wait, im sure. i hope.....

G

Guest 88950

I threw that dud of a cola, & the rest of the plant, into the burn pile because there was ZERO buzz, smell or taste...if it had anything i would have smoked her with other bud but nothing.

i kept it on my dest for 2 months. disappointment staring at me until i couldnt look at her anymore.

@ Dank.Frank any signs of mag def? hope you dont have RootAphids, once i could see them crawling and the ones flying i was way too late to do anything except ride it out.

good luck

Grizz

Veteran

dank.Frank
i figuring you have checked already but your problem sounds like root aphids to me frank, there hard little fuckers to see, pretty much have to use a scope to see them.

V

Veg N Out

Bro you can grow big and put them in the ground. You could build a 18x60 PVC hoop house covered with roll up sides for about $1500 ..>That's the perfect amount of space for 9 6' diameter breathing containers. Get to work!

You got a natural light dep down there bro! I bet if you were growing OG , vegging them indoors in 15 gallon grow bags @ 16/8 then put them out in to say 100 gallon breathing containers...Kept some 27w cool white CFL on in your green house for 2 weeks (pull a tarp over at night if you dont want the UFO effect) and turn the lights off and let them bud in the green house...

That's the general plan I have for my set when I eventually make it down there :)

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I threw that dud of a cola, & the rest of the plant, into the burn pile because there was ZERO buzz, smell or taste...if it had anything i would have smoked her with other bud but nothing.

i kept it on my dest for 2 months. disappointment staring at me until i couldnt look at her anymore.

ahhhhh
niow i get it
yeah fuck that junk toss it and move forward for sure

I'm loving this show! I love the locale! The goods are looking dank!

I can get use to checking this one out! Thanks!

hey
thanks for the kind words
hopefully i can keep it up...

Hmmmm...I haven't been to the islands in like 20 years and maybe time for a trip lol. Oh man everything is looking good ;)

maybe it is time for a trip....
im pretty stoked about how things have turned out.
i mean i didnt even really plan anything i just threw the plants down and said fuck it lets see what happens.
well, fuckin aye good shit happened

thanks for the encouragement bro
ill be sure to burn a fat bowl in your honor

Bro you can grow big and put them in the ground. You could build a 18x60 PVC hoop house covered with roll up sides for about $1500 ..>That's the perfect amount of space for 9 6' diameter breathing containers. Get to work!

You got a natural light dep down there bro! I bet if you were growing OG , vegging them indoors in 15 gallon grow bags @ 16/8 then put them out in to say 100 gallon breathing containers...Kept some 27w cool white CFL on in your green house for 2 weeks (pull a tarp over at night if you dont want the UFO effect) and turn the lights off and let them bud in the green house...

That's the general plan I have for my set when I eventually make it down there :)

shit
so you got it all figured out.
yes. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alls i need is a good acre or even a half acre.
damnit

so i didnt harvets yesterday. weather sucked. so instead i got the drying room all situated. bought a little 4" vortex fan and a little matching phresh filter. bought some nylon line some eye hook things and spent some time fucking up my fucked up skeleton of a second bathroom. i think the buds will dry up nicely in there. i just need to wheel in the dehuey set it at 45 and chillax.welcome to the drying area.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyways.,,,,
so i decided to let them go one extra day to 64 since the weather sucked. and the weather was great this morning. i was excited about it. great day for first harvest. then i started procrastinating. and when i got out to work about an hour hour and a half after i had planned, it started fucking raining on me. damn. only a bit and nto heavy btu shit. makes harvesting rather fun. oh well fuck it.
heres some pics of things before they fell.
my albums have been updated tooo with pics i havent posted here...

heres the last look at the girls before they start their "transformation" lol
picture.php

i am glad they started yellowing some. ive done a few grows were even though they got 7 days of plain water the leaves were still nice dark healthy green (buds always came out fine btw in case you were wondering) leaves. i kind of prefer seeing them start to turn colors. like the change of seasons i guess. youlll see some darker colors on the webb and valley og kush...
everything came out pretty good i think.
you tell me hahaha

webb
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
chemd
chunky chunky funky monkey
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

im looking forward to seeing how things dry up.
im sooooooooooo looking forward to it.
i have haf of it up now.
im gonna click submit then go finish the other 4 containers.
then ill take a picture of the hanging gooodness.

thanks for staying tuned

V

Veg N Out

This thread makes me want to move to Hawaii so I can grow OG Kush out doors in the winter. Fucker!