What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

h.h.

Veteran
New semi long term light configuration, I named this clip hilly billy, can you guess why? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N83mGt64axw&feature=youtu.be

BTW I was kinda of prepping for yearly maintenance so it looks a little bare in there right now.

As soon as I am done cleaning and fixing the room, Ill be focusing on growing the dank again. While I was cleaning the room and in preparation for the clean up Ive been trying to keep the room not as full and also the lights were not running 100% for the last month or so.

We're back in full power! I m germinating a bunch of Bodhi's gear too, YAAAHOOOOOO!

Quite a lot going on there with the lighting.
Lighting is my weakest point. My experience is limited to using CFL's in combination with natural light. I did acquire a 1,000 MH setup that I haven't used.

If you had no lights, with what you've learned along the way, what would you start with?

G

Gr33nSanta

h.h., my favorite lighting at this point, is COB LEDs. I like timbergrowlights.com or rapidled.com are the 2 Ive ordered from. Very pricey but once you are set, you are set.

So my photography skills still suck and I am still not setup for it, BUT!!

I just got a digital microscope for Christmas.

I am very happy so far I am only starting to figure out how to get right in there. Huge game changer for this thread, I ll try to always show the glands of all of my strains.

So anyway I went through 4 strains, nicely cured CD2, currently drying cuvee, fresh revolution and finally memory loss. pretty happy to see amber on the ML because I had to harvest it a bit earlier than usual, mites were taking over.

First off, CD2

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

The cuvee #1 , I could see a few purple non glandular trichomes as shown in the first picture.

My lady says she smells like weed but so far the 2 spliffers I have smoked I feel I can taste chocolate and cherries so we'll see how she s like after trimming and curing. Decent bag appeal.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

a couple more from the Cuvee #1 On the last pics you can see strands of trichomes touching each other!

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Revolution, new mom in the stable, I can not wait to regrow her. This lower bud was just chopped from the plant, I think I ll probably take her down today or tomorrow.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Memory Loss from Archive, my #2 momma, she s a goody, reliably dynamite!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's it for now but I am afraid my new toy will keep me posting very often from now on! Unless people tire out of looking at close-ups of glandular trichomes!

h.h.

Veteran
h.h., my favorite lighting at this point, is COB LEDs. I like timbergrowlights.com or rapidled.com are the 2 Ive ordered from. Very pricey but once you are set, you are set.

So my photography skills still suck and I am still not setup for it, BUT!!

I just got a digital microscope for Christmas.

I am very happy so far I am only starting to figure out how to get right in there. Huge game changer for this thread, I ll try to always show the glands of all of my strains.

So anyway I went through 4 strains, nicely cured CD2, currently drying cuvee, fresh revolution and finally memory loss. pretty happy to see amber on the ML because I had to harvest it a bit earlier than usual, mites were taking over.

First off, CD2

View Image

View Image

View Image

Thanks for the websites. If you had just said COB LED. These aren't the usual COB,s. Looks like lots of advancements.
And I was needing some new shoes next month. A bit of cardboard in the soles and save for some lights.

One website seemed a bit cheaper than the other. Do you find a difference?

I like the blown up images. As you learn more, I'll learn more.

wasgedn

i also thought a long time what do they do , to get mildew...i never saw it...but this fall i had it on outdoor plant..
weak cell structure...cold temps and rain ...rain...rain...

but as you say horsetail and tea will serve...on of that alone even..
i did tail and chitosan this time...i couldnt snip fanleaves of with fingernail..had to use scissor on some leafs..not all for sure but some plants were like composite gum sort of..
but horsetail alone will serve well...

ultra cool cabinet you got there...greensanta...respect...

G

Gr33nSanta

First of many posts, let me start by saying I am very disappointed at the yield I got from this round in Jackie's room.

Makes me reconsider my line up seriously, there are a few plants that have to go for sure. For example, Spacebomb, Miss Jack 1, candida 4. Some I have to grow a lot less of, way too much work for yield, like Sweet Pine and SpaceGrin.

If you like to look at trichomes, you will enjoy the next posts.

Let me start with More Cowbell. She makes copious amounts of trichomes, super dense nugs, lime green. A little harsh to smoke, not my favorite weed to smoke but she is still an asset in the garden. She keeps on putting weight even when she looks ready. As you can see she was not ready, I really have to let go past 60 days next time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Miss Jack 1 , the nugs are always super dense, and a little more susceptible to mold than my Miss Jack 2. The yield was not there this time and on top of that there was a few bananas on her. Candy smell and flavors.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Miss Jack 2, this plant smells and taste so good, to me it's very candy like, pleasant. Potential for yield is there, she is also a bit faster than Miss Jack 1. So I am making this one the keeper and will let go of the #1.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Sweet Pine, yield is always disappointing on her, she does not press well into rosin as a flower either, almost like she has very dry resin. She has great bag appeal, great coffee weed, not good for anxiety. I keep her because the smell and taste is some of my favorite ever, she is so sweet the first thing that comes to mind when smelling the jar is sugar.

I simply need to grow her less often... however, I vegged quite a few of them so I have a bit of a monocrop of her coming in 2 months.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Les Fleurs Bleues, by far the number one in the garden. She does need a few more days than I gave her this time but the CBD effects will be all there. She is such a great girl, she produce great yields. Great blueberry muffin out of the oven smell that cures to a more anise dominated perfume. The best girl in the garden, always!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Memory Loss, the #2 in the garden! Great yields of sweet guava hazey smelly buds. The effects a full on memory loss, this herb works very well, dynamite!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Respect, even though she has slight similarities with the 2 I grew years ago, she is very different too.

She does seem oily, I think she will press well but I really did not get the yield. The smell is also not so pleasant, I will def. regrow her but I had high expectations from past grows and she did not live up to them.

I can't wait to smoke her and feel the effects!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Candida #2, the keeper of the 2, I will let candida #4 go. This one yields more, turn purple with decent bag appeal, I m growing to love the smell. 16%CBD 1%THC

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Candida #4, green pheno, shitty yields, that one tested at less than 1%THC and around 10% CBD but I am letting her go, the #2 is just way better. I wanted to keep her because she is technically legal to grow as hemp I think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Latest posts