What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

SpaceBomb X Dragon Fruit, Ive let that one go, but it was great weed. I did not like the way she grew and yields was always below average.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

List of moms for January 2018

#1 - Les Fleurs Bleues - Blue City Diesel X (Senora Ampero X Pennywise) 13.5% CBD, 9.5% THC
#2 - Memory Loss - Archive 17.5%THC
#3 - More Cowbell - Bodhi 14%THC
#4 - Sweet Pine - (Medicine X Spacebomb) F3
#5 - Blue Spoon - (Dr.Grinspoon X BlueSage) X ? (not 100% sure on the lineage anymore) 0.06% CBD, 16% THC
#6 - Candida #2 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 16% CBD, 1.15% THC
#7 - SpaceBomb TGA Genetics
#8 - SpaceGrin - Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb
#9 - MissJack #2 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#10-CBDQ ((Missjack X BCD) X Dragon Fruit or Skylotus) I think
#11-SLK X Blockhead #1 Chimera
#12-Grapefruit X ChemdBx #3 - Chimera
#13-Revolution - Reggae Seeds
#14-Barbara Bud - House of the great gardener
#15-Respect #3 - Reggae Seeds
#16-Cuvee #1 - TGA
#17-Cuvee #2 - TGA (so far the winner, will grow both one more round)
#18-O'Haze Red - Reggae Seeds
#19-ThunkFlow - (Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK)

Male
#1 Respect

currently waiting to see sex of 4 of bodhi's
neroli 91
elf
granola funk
strange brew

Happy New Year everyone!

G

Gr33nSanta

Day 1 for Jackie's room, I gave the plants 3 or 4 full days of veg after transplant with the lights dimmed. Last night was first night of sleep. Most strain in there can be ready in 56-60 days but if I can keep this room pest free we are gonna try to take everything to 63-67 days.

The digital microscope is really motivating me to step up my game and let my plants finish properly.

Day one for another SIP in my flower room, In that one I have 1 SLK x BH, 1 Grapefruit x ChemD and I think the third one is old haze red. So far I am not very happy with this girl but I want to see how she does in the sip.

I ve decided to keep the SLK X BH #1 for now, I have one getting close to ready, she takes forever to finish. But what I am seeing with this girl is she appears to have big trichomes and she yields very well too.

Anyway, I just made some rosin with with a wee amount of drysift from dry trimming (I used to always wet trim) Look closely one of the bubble in the rosin you can see the light bulb, the computer screen, and me! haha

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

man my thread is happening!! LOL

I made 5 grams of flower rosin, a smorgasbord of the best girls I harvested recently, lower nugs. Probably 9 cultivars all mixed in, Id say it's probably roughly 3:1 THC:CBD ratio, it packs a punch.

and man I love my digital microscope!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
You ain't kidding. Love that microscope.
I take it you saw the notice at BR? Might not want to axe any Chim strains unless you can make some seeds first... :/

G

Gr33nSanta

hey bsgospel! Thanks for the heads up, Yes I did see it. I spent somewhere around $2000 on seeds in 2017 and I have so so much diversity to work with that I do not plan to spend money on seeds for some years now.

I mean it!

I still have some seeds from my one and only purchase from BR. In fact, I think I still have some from most lines. Most importantly, I did make seeds with that order.

Today I was putting away with desiccant a bunch of SLK X BH crosses I have made, today I dropped 4 beans of my BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH) in water and that will be the first of my trying to see what came out of that male. I did end up killing the male because this is way too much work on my scale, AND also the fact that I have decided to keep my SLK X BH #1 girl for now. I still have seeds too.

The one I am most excited about, and I already know she yields like a motha fucka, is my Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK, I know I do not have many of them beans but I have a girl right now I have no idea how many days into flowering she is but she is super THUNK leaning pheno with a lot of Les Fleurs Bleues characteristics. My only hope is that she does not need 140 days to finish. So far the smell is heavier on the thunk, look is similar to thunk but with a lot more weight. I can still smell Les Fleurs Bleues in the background.

If she is done in under 100 days she might very become a keeper because of how heavy she gets!

So yeah, sad to hear about Breeder Retail, but my order with them combined with all the gear I just got from Bodhi, I feel I am set for many years.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Yeah I think I remember that THUNK from a good few pages back here. Looked mighty! Didn't know you had a Les Fleurs cross. I haven't had space myself but gave some THUNK to a relation in FL. Still waiting to see how theirs turns out.

I'm in the same situation. I probably threw nearly $1000 at genetics last year. All the same, I still got in one last order. I was missing Schnazz #3 from a collectors standpoint. My paychecks stagger nicely this month so I might go back for the Fighting Buddha and NL#2 x ChemD

I'll be around- keep throwing updates and pics, magnified or otherwise ;)

G

Gr33nSanta

Yes I did make a few crosses with the Thunk, I grew a male.

I tried growing a memory loss x Thunk and I thought it was hermiing but it was actually wind damage from too much air flow that made the flowers look weird. The same thing happened recently on my memory loss mom and I know she never herms so I realized I should have kept that memory loss x thunk. Anyway I still have a few beans. I only have so much room, 1 thunk cross at a time in the flower room please!

This morning microscopy is from the revolution again. pics of sugar trim, I was just having fun trying to snap cool shots.

Now I want something 10x better, I want something powerful enough to zoom right in each individual head! However I dont plan to spend any money on this hobby this year. Next year maybe...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Man I am excited about those seeds, what you see in this short clip is first a look a lower branch of Blue Spoon that was pollinated with my SLK X BH (which I still have in veg as well) , near the end I take a couple seeds out and they look like good beans, I was hoping for more but only 19 seeds were found, enough for a search :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LuoWXCKTco&feature=youtu.be

I have a really nice Blue Spoon I am about to harvest, I am trying to let her go a bit longer, she looks fire, great daytime high but not for everyone, I think of as very strong weed, I am curious to know how letting her go longer will affect the high. That is if I can help myself, she's super faded and looks great, I ll be sure to post a video before harvest.

3 of them beans just cracked in water gonna put them in soil later today

Likelihood of finding a gem in this seedline: VERY HIGH! (I do have 10 more beans or so)

I love love love my Blue Spoon, she can be a bit finicky and every once in a while she might grow bananas, this one time there was 2 flowers on her that were so full of bananas, but once in a while she comes out without hermiing whatsoever.

Otherwise, she is a dream to grow, 9 weeks or less for stinky danky shiny buds. Panic attack weed, not for everyone!

Today I am harvesting pollen from 2 males, one Respect - reggae seeds, and a Strange Brew - Bodhi.

I ll collect enough pollen to pollinate a few different cultivars then I ll trash the males. I do have a copy of the respect dude in veg.

I will for sure pollinate the Les Fleurs Bleues X Thunk with both of them, and whatever else that is in 3 or 4 weeks of flower. This could be one of the only pollen chuck this year only because I have so many beans I made in 2017 I want to run.

The Strange Brew grew nice and tall and considering it was under weak light and then by a window seal, it has great clusters and it's dropping pollen just looking at it now.

G

Gr33nSanta

Ok so the Revolution girl HAS to go, I can tell she is very similar to the first I grew but something is off in the smell. Shitty herb!!

I made rosin and Ive dabbed it 3 times so far and every time it is kind of disgusting to dab, and with an aftertaste that lingers forever. So unpleasant I am wincing as I type this.

No bag appeal either. A dud! I have a nice plant in veg and 2 clones and they all going in the trash, not even going to try to grow it again.

I am glad I revisited it but totally disappointed at how she turned. I think I am done searching for high CBD strains for now, it does not get better than my Les Fleurs Bleues.

My candida #2 kind of taste gross in dab form as well, really hard to find good tasting weed high in CBD.

On a different note, I made rosin with my spacebomb and man does it taste good. I am going to press a full ounce of small nugs. It's on par with the best rosin Ive had.

Finally, I got a couple girls Neroli91 just showing sex this morning. Also at least one Granola Funk girl too.

And the search continues, let's find this damn dragon!

G

Gr33nSanta

I made a bunch of hash, I made 3 batches, probably around 130-140 grams of trim average per batch. I ended up with some 160u I decided to dry properly.

Guess what!? I got rosin out of it! 1.3 grams of 160u rosin. I dabbed it and it seems fire.

What is going on here, are there that many heads that are that size or is it something else that turns to oil like non glandular trichomes or what is it?

Anyway, I think I am always going to press the 160 from now on. If I do multiple batch I wait to the very last batch to scoop it out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Ok so the Revolution girl HAS to go, I can tell she is very similar to the first I grew but something is off in the smell. Shitty herb!!

I made rosin and Ive dabbed it 3 times so far and every time it is kind of disgusting to dab, and with an aftertaste that lingers forever. So unpleasant I am wincing as I type this.

No bag appeal either. A dud! I have a nice plant in veg and 2 clones and they all going in the trash, not even going to try to grow it again.

I am glad I revisited it but totally disappointed at how she turned. I think I am done searching for high CBD strains for now, it does not get better than my Les Fleurs Bleues.

My candida #2 kind of taste gross in dab form as well, really hard to find good tasting weed high in CBD.

On a different note, I made rosin with my spacebomb and man does it taste good. I am going to press a full ounce of small nugs. It's on par with the best rosin Ive had.

Finally, I got a couple girls Neroli91 just showing sex this morning. Also at least one Granola Funk girl too.

And the search continues, let's find this damn dragon!

Yep hardly seems worth it.

Did you get any of the lullaby crosses last year? Cross that onto the Bleues for CBD richness- LullaBleues!

G

Gr33nSanta

No Lullaby! Plus I don't plan to order seeds for a long LONG time.

I am making some more too!

So Dark Blue flagged branches are pollinated with the Respect dude

Teal Blue flagged branches pollinated with Strange Brew.

We have Memory Loss, MissJack 1, SpaceBomb and (Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK) that were pollinated with both.

These are not tutorial vids, simply history in the making HAHA

Making Seeds Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl8SRK8MhQo&feature=youtu.be

Making Seeds Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYW5cCgiev4

G

Gr33nSanta

Jackie's room ready to rock, installed the new trellis.

They are on day 6 of flower right now, I so hope they fill in, I so wish Id given them an extra few days of veg. I have to be patient, nothing I can do about it now.

They have a ways to go to reach the trellis haha. Wish me luck!

attachment.php

attachment.php

At least one of the BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH) is up!
attachment.php

Veggies, about a week away from next cloning round.
attachment.php

Today could be a big day for me and this thread, I am hoping to get results back from a lab, I am getting a whole bunch of stuff tested. :woohoo:

G

Gr33nSanta

I have some very interesting lab results. Keep in mind all samples were from different batch so the 25 u was not the same batch as the 73u etc....

So I made flower rosin with the spacebomb flowers.

Here are the results from the rosin:
attachment.php

Here is the test results from the powder left behind in the coffee filter, he said to take this number with a grain of salt because he used too much solution or something. He only tested with gas chromatography so he could not test for thca yet.
attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

That combined with the fact that all my rosin test super low lately makes me realize how much is left behind in the filter, I used to think it was all contaminants and now i realize about half the THCa is still in the filter!

Other interesting findings: The 160u microns pictured above a few posts up tested almost as high in thc than other size micron except it has higher CBG content.
attachment.php

73u 1st wash rosin
attachment.php

25u rosin
attachment.php

When I make hash with the trim from my CD plants (both around 10-15% CBD and 1-2% THC) it increase the ratio of THC like crazy. VS making flower rosin which keeps the flower ratio of thc cbd. Anyway, more research needed.
attachment.php

Also I am probably going to go back to washing with only 1 set of bags since all size micron test very similar thc content. So I ll go back to washing with 200u-160u-25u.

My Sweet Pine tested at 8 % THC so that was very disappointing. My new Respect girl tested at 15.8% THC and no CBD so she is def. Cannalope Haze dominant. I probably wont keep her. I am not ready to let go of Sweet Pine though...

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Gotcha- I had to go back a few pages to the mom list to try to figure it out. Interesting results re: THC increase in the press.

Latest posts

Latest posts