What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

Thank you aridbud, here is a video of the rosin I made with the hash photographed 2 posts up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsz8lygPt7U

By far the nicest quality water hash rosin I have made so far, I can't believe I can make this quality with outdoor weed, in my basement, with nothing but ice, water, a shop press and 2 heated plates!

I can't wait to try my new techniques with some indoor buds!!

What is awesome about CBD, as far as I know, is that it tends to ripen faster than thc, so even when a CBD rich cultivar is not nearly ready, it is likely to be high in CBD, making high CBD cultivar great for outdoor just about anywhere in Canada.

This shit is awesome in my vape pen.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey greensanta,
just saying sup to tag the thread. I'll come by an check all the vids to catch up later.

G

Gr33nSanta

Hey greensanta,
just saying sup to tag the thread. I'll come by an check all the vids to catch up later.

Hi Infinitesimal, glad to have you on board. I just shoot quick clips with my phone lately because it is way faster than taking pics and editing them, I am too busy to do better but I enjoy sharing for everyone in the future and also myself.

Life is insane busy right now, but keeping a journal going has always been helpful and I enjoy it. Always nice when people come along for the ride.

I promise within a couple months when life slows down a bit I ll set myself up to do some good photography.

This summer was rough with extreme heat and the pest really took over, caught me off guard. I was not always proud of the way the plants looked but I feel I am winning the fight.

I can pride myself on the fact that, overall, I keep growing great medicine, without ever spraying, not even the organic ones...

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right on sounds good, phone clips are fine... just curious to see what kind of chucking projects you got going. And yea ive had battles with indoor heat, it can be rough in the summer

G

Gr33nSanta

Growing can be so depressing, how can people grow fucking big buds without them molding inside. I am feeling sick to my stomach, so sick and tired of growing those shit varieties that grow shit big buds. Feeling so discouraged right now ... I should do like most growers and focus on one variety that works for me ... all this dragon chasing is costly and useless, no one fucking cares. Thank god I have somewhere to rant.

G

Gr33nSanta

Looks like I had a moment ... LOL .Its not as bad I thought ... I pulled 4 moldy colas, mainly from the barbara bud, but the Les Fleurs Bleues had one too.

One of the 2 Les Fleurs Bleues is looking really sad and I just realize she has been over watered the whole time I fucked something up with the SIP.... Anyway, I thought I d do one last update before harvest. I harvested the sad plant right after I shot the video and there was absolutely no mold besides the original cola I found yesterday.

The More Cowbell is mostly harvested and definitely up there with the nicest buds Ive ever grown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3PMm_vCb20&feature=youtu.be

G

Gr33nSanta

SpaceBomb, one of my first favorite strain, Ive ordered several packs over the years and it seems to me like Spacebomb isnt what it used to be. In the past it always had what I call the spacebomb smell, and always always low yielding. The last couple of packs I have ordered I have found that yield has increased but smell is never as loud as it used to be. I feel there was a change in the parents.

Anyway, this one yields well, and have the spacebomb smell I love. I could let this one go another week for a smoother smoke but I am noticing recently that most of the strain I grow have a more intense smell and flavor if harvested a hair early, not only this but I have grown her a lot better, besides a decent fade she did not shine, something is wrong in that room I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c5V6f0-IG0&feature=youtu.be

CD2, MJ1 and Slk X BH #1 went into small flower room tonight, tomorrow will be day one.

G

Gr33nSanta

So so happy to report that the Barbara Bud had no mold besides the first main colas, they were massive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X-NWGnFxg0&t=1s

I am even more happy to report that the Les Fleurs Bleues cut is super mold resistant, indoor anyway ... The plants had tons of big buds, not a single one of them had mold, and I looked closely.

Here's some of them : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdilaMXN-qI

I had to get rid of the Memory Loss X Thunk today, she was 30 + days in flower, I noticed she was forming seeds, mostly on the bottoms, lots of them, I looked carefully and none of the plants around had any signs of pollination and also I could not see any bananas on her, almost like she was selfing like crazy from inside out. Anyway, I did not want to risk it, she was beautiful, but I could tell there was going to be seeds in almost every single buds.

G

Gr33nSanta

Next round ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPmYaZBjfCA&feature=youtu.be

Gonna give them 18 hours then flip, day one should be October 30th, guess what I ll be doing on new years eve LOL

It will be very hard to figure out a total weight for that room, I ll try very hard, Id like a ball park idea, I really hope it reached 4 units. Still a ton of work before I have a rough idea but at least she's ready for another round.

G

Gr33nSanta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qJAJn5FJf4&feature=youtu.be

I made hash with the SpaceGrin, I can't wait to judge the end result. The water hash rosin from her has to be epic because this cultivar has such unusual bag appeal that her only chance at holding her spot in the line up is to shine in hash.

I couldnt believe what I was seeing in the 160u bag , a small amount but I was thinking ''this shit s gonna melt!''. So while waiting for the 73 u to dry out properly, I wanted to try out some of it so I pressed the 160u and I got quite the squish from it!

I tried squishing 160 before and nothing came out.... this makes me feel like this plant has potential to grow massive trichomes.

It's a bit subjective, or early to say, but I think it's quite strong, likely devastating to those with low tolerance.

SpaceGrin is my (Dr.Grinspoon X Spacebomb) X ? ... her pedigree does allow for devastating trichomes.

G

Gr33nSanta

Time to update the list of Keep Hers for November.

#1 - Les Fleurs Bleues - Blue City Diesel X (Senora Ampero X Pennywise) 13.5% CBD, 9.5% THC
#2 - Memory Loss - Archive 17.5%THC
#3 - More Cowbell - Bodhi awaiting lab testing
#4 - Sweet Pine - (Medicine X Spacebomb) F3
#5 - Blue Spoon - (Dr.Grinspoon X BlueSage) X ? (not 100% sure on the lineage anymore) 0.06% CBD, 16% THC
#6 - Candida #2 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 16% CBD, 1.15% THC
#7 - Candida #4 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 11% CBD, 0.75% THC
#8 - MissJack #1 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#9 - MissJack #2 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#10-SpaceBomb X Dragon Fruits 17.5% THC, 2% CBG
#11-SpaceBomb TGA Genetics
#12-SpaceGrin - Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb
#13-SLK X Blockhead #1 Chimera
#14-Barbara Bud - House of the great gardener
#15-PurpleX #2 - Chimera
#16-Grapefruit X ChemdBx #3 - Chimera

On the Bench
#1- Respect - Reggae Seeds, 4 of them
#2- Cuvee - TGA Genetics
#3- O'Haze Red - Reggae Seeds
#4- Revolution - Reggae Seeds
#5- ThunkFlow - (Les Fleurs Bleues X Thunk)
#6- CBDQ - Dragon Fruits or SkyLotus X (Blue City Diesel X MissJack) 2 of them
#7- CBC - Some old cross I can't remember but I know Ancient OG somewhere in there.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Time to update the list of Keep Hers for November.

#1 - Les Fleurs Bleues - Blue City Diesel X (Senora Ampero X Pennywise) 13.5% CBD, 9.5% THC
#2 - Memory Loss - Archive 17.5%THC
#3 - More Cowbell - Bodhi awaiting lab testing
#4 - Sweet Pine - (Medicine X Spacebomb) F3
#5 - Blue Spoon - (Dr.Grinspoon X BlueSage) X ? (not 100% sure on the lineage anymore) 0.06% CBD, 16% THC
#6 - Candida #2 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 16% CBD, 1.15% THC
#7 - Candida #4 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 11% CBD, 0.75% THC
#8 - MissJack #1 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#9 - MissJack #2 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#10-SpaceBomb X Dragon Fruits 17.5% THC, 2% CBG
#11-SpaceBomb TGA Genetics
#12-SpaceGrin - Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb
#13-SLK X Blockhead #1 Chimera
#14-Barbara Bud - House of the great gardener
#15-PurpleX #2 - Chimera
#16-Grapefruit X ChemdBx #3 - Chimera

On the Bench
#1- Respect - Reggae Seeds, 4 of them
#2- Cuvee - TGA Genetics
#3- O'Haze Red - Reggae Seeds
#4- Revolution - Reggae Seeds
#5- ThunkFlow - (Les Fleurs Bleues X Thunk)
#6- CBDQ - Dragon Fruits or SkyLotus X (Blue City Diesel X MissJack) 2 of them
#7- CBC - Some old cross I can't remember but I know Ancient OG somewhere in there.

Love that you test many in your collection. Looking forward to the results on the cowbell !

G

Gr33nSanta

Love that you test many in your collection. Looking forward to the results on the cowbell !

Thanks man, i really enjoy testing new cultivars, it's like my favorite thing. The only downside to it is that it makes it even harder to get rid of a mom...

For instance, my SpaceBomb X Dragon Fruits is really good, tested at 16% thc and 2% CBG which is an interesting cannabinoid profile however she is not that super special, I mean she has a beautiful smell, not very loud, she is a bit finicky, and does not always yield appealing buds... So I should simply get rid of it right? but Ive gotten her tested and I am in some ways attach to her, I can't decide!

Tomorrow is day one of her and a spacebomb female in a SIP. I suppose this is her last chance to impress me. ... in Jackie's room, she was the lowest yielding plant I am not impressed with the bag appeal either... It's hard to get rid of plants.

That said, I feel I have the best line up I have ever had, I have the full spectrum, full on narrow leaved cultivar, various hybrids, high CBD cultivars, and the odd broadish leaved cultivar....

I feel I can focus on quality again, every plant in my stable have the potential to grow very amazing flowers.

Id say the highlights of the Jackie's grow was that the more cowbell yielded very well, I always thought of her as low yielding but they did great. I had 2 more cowbell in the pot, every other SIP in that grow had one plant. the 2 more cowbell combined yielded 13+ ounces which is the best round Ive gotten out of a SIP. The other highlight would be the barbara bud, I was really disappointed at the few moldy colas but the rest of the plant was absolutely mold free and absolute fire, it went from being this random plant on my line up to a very special plant on my line up.

G

Gr33nSanta

Man I am excited about those seeds, what you see in this short clip is first a look a lower branch of Blue Spoon that was pollinated with my SLK X BH (which I still have in veg as well) , near the end I take a couple seeds out and they look like good beans, I was hoping for more but only 19 seeds were found, enough for a search :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LuoWXCKTco&feature=youtu.be

I have a really nice Blue Spoon I am about to harvest, I am trying to let her go a bit longer, she looks fire, great daytime high but not for everyone, I think of as very strong weed, I am curious to know how letting her go longer will affect the high. That is if I can help myself, she's super faded and looks great, I ll be sure to post a video before harvest.

G

Gr33nSanta

sorry this is a bit of a double post because I just posted it in the thread ''the search for trip weed'' but I really want this info to also be part of my journey in my pollen chucking journal.

The search for trip weed has been a favorite thread of mine for a long time and I find it very inspiring, ultimately, I do want to find or create the ultimate trip weed.

I feel this Blue Spoon girl might be a good starting point, great flavor, great smell, great trippy high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1oHbja5ZIU&feature=youtu.be

This might not qualify as trip weed to some of you, but this is my current attempt at finding a trippy mom. The plant the seed came from was very potent to me.

She was the only seed that was still viable and she came up as a triple leaflet. In the flower room she went, today is day 1.

(BlueSage X Dr.Grinspoon) X ? , possibly selfed.

View Image]View Image[/URL]

View Image]View Image[/URL]

View Image

My next best attempt is a Thunk I just put in the flower room, I plan to give her 3 months indoor and put her outside to finish in September.

I know most if not all of you forgot about that girl, but I did not. I have grown her a few times so far. I think she qualifies as trippy weed, she is all head high, no crash, nothing but anxiety and energy, LOL.

My own bioassay tells me she is not for the lightweights, most heavy users would handle her fine but I think she can catch you off guard, very nice head high.

The smell is very unique, loud, putrid, funky, pleasant.

She almost always throws one to a few buds full, and I mean full, of bananas while the rest of the plant is generally absolutely free of bananas.

She is the most heavy plant I have grown one of them weighed in at 11 ounces.

This one showed in this short clip is simply grown in a 10 gallons pot with very little soil, she is fading out nicely, I am tempted to let her go much longer than her usual 60 days and see if she can pack on more power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1oHbja5ZIU&feature=youtu.be

G

Gr33nSanta

Cuvee #1 and #2, both females, my respect #1 turned male, I think the rest of the respects are females so I guess I ll flower the clone respect #1 pretty soon.

There are 2 females I absolutely want to pollinate with a male respect, my sweet pine, and les Fleurs Bleues.

Ive got all kinds of skin issues right now, also funny stuff with my sinuses and eyes. I am afraid I am starting to become allergic to cannabis, I wonder if it hits people really hard at some point or if it's slowly creeps up on you... that would really suck, I kinda deserve it though... I am over doing the puffin and the growin, I am always surrounded by it, and have for years. I am a little bit excessive in everything I do. You will know why if I stop coming by. It would be such a shame to have all this work heading right into a dead end... years of work haha, I am notorious for it I suppose ...

G

Gr33nSanta

Yes a bit of an addiction LOL. If I had to pull the plug at home due to allergy Id definitely try to live with it a few more months and hit all my moms with whatever males Ive got on hand so that some day I could revisit them all outdoor, or in a greenhouse.

The thing is I do not vent outside, it's a closed loop system of air if you wish. I use carbon filters but still constantly living with the plants, and because it's all perpetual, I am constantly exposed to dry and wet material, always plucking leaves here and there. I am gonna start wearing gloves for my forearm rashes but if the allergy type of symptoms in my sinuses persist .... not worth it.

Maybe it's something else, man I hope so.