What's new

Greenleaf Medicinial product recall

leaffan

We have our first LP product recall on the books.
Anyone with details on this?
If product is tested prior to shipping, what would constitute a product recall?

I'll have my MMPR listing/rating/reviews site up soon so there will hopefully be able to get info from people as things happen.

Chemovar

will it be the largest medical review site in the world?

so much talk around this forum these days and nothing to back it up lol

Chemovar

Recall of Marijuana for Medical Purposes - Greenleaf Medicinals
Report a Concern
Starting date:April 18, 2014Type of communication:Information UpdateSubcategory:DrugsSource of recall:Health CanadaIdentification number:RA-39183
Media enquiries
OTTAWA – Greenleaf Medicinals of British Columbia, is voluntarily recalling one batch (Purple Kush, Batch PK-10-20-13) of marijuana for medical purposes. The recall is due to issues with the company’s production practices which were identified during an inspection by Health Canada and may impact the product.
Greenleaf Medicinals is instructing clients to immediately discontinue use of any marijuana from this shipment which they may still have remaining in their possession. The company has also informed Health Canada that they are presently working with other licensed producers to find a supply of marijuana for the impacted clients. Health Canada is currently monitoring Greenleaf Medicinal’s recall.
Producers of marijuana for medical purposes are subject to compliance and enforcement measures similar to those in place for other producers of controlled substances. They must meet strict security, control and reporting requirements, and they are regularly inspected.
Dried marijuana is not an approved drug or medicine in Canada. Possession and use of marijuana remains illegal in Canada unless authorized under the regulations with the support of a doctor or nurse practitioner.
Media enquiries
Health Canada
(613) 957-2983

will it be the largest medical review site in the world?

so much talk around this forum these days and nothing to back it up lol

No just for MMPR companies. Its 1/2 done but no point of showing it while till in pieces. Hopefully be done by mid next week.

I've attach a screen shot

review-site.jpg

Recall of Marijuana for Medical Purposes - Greenleaf Medicinals
Report a Concern
Starting date:April 18, 2014Type of communication:Information UpdateSubcategory:DrugsSource of recall:Health CanadaIdentification number:RA-39183
Media enquiries
OTTAWA – Greenleaf Medicinals of British Columbia, is voluntarily recalling one batch (Purple Kush, Batch PK-10-20-13) of marijuana for medical purposes. The recall is due to issues with the company’s production practices which were identified during an inspection by Health Canada and may impact the product.
Greenleaf Medicinals is instructing clients to immediately discontinue use of any marijuana from this shipment which they may still have remaining in their possession. The company has also informed Health Canada that they are presently working with other licensed producers to find a supply of marijuana for the impacted clients. Health Canada is currently monitoring Greenleaf Medicinal’s recall.
Producers of marijuana for medical purposes are subject to compliance and enforcement measures similar to those in place for other producers of controlled substances. They must meet strict security, control and reporting requirements, and they are regularly inspected.
Dried marijuana is not an approved drug or medicine in Canada. Possession and use of marijuana remains illegal in Canada unless authorized under the regulations with the support of a doctor or nurse practitioner.
Media enquiries
Health Canada
(613) 957-2983

Maybe someone found out it was MMAR weed and it was better to "recall" it then get sued for false advertising.

leaffan

Issues with the production practices identified during a HC inspection...would like to know what it was. Probably will never know.

Buddha1

Veteran
My question...Would this recall have happened if the Kelowna fiasco had not???

The reply...A BIG FAT...NO!!! This is Health Canada damage control..."See we are inspecting and regulating"...A message to all doubters of the MMPR program.

Peace...B

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
I have smoked a lot of Purple Kush that should have been recalled! Now these guys have a license to sell the same junk to sick people, this system is fucked. We need all out legalization, it is the only way to fix this.

CannaManager

Well there goes my hope on Greenleaf medicinals and them being a company that i had in my top 2 with Tilray, I liked that they had some different strains on there menu and they offered a 100 dollar startup
when joining and 5 bucks a gram, this is crazy... lic producers that can't even get out any meds that are usable and unsafe practices, Please get your review site up and running there are people who really need this info for there choices fpr meds. My wife is joining a LP on the 24th and now i am not sure on which LP to choose now.

CannaManager

Just checked Greenleaf's site and the link does not work anymore, must have taken it down or something because of the recall. Anybody know anything about Tilray and there outfit. Running out of options and i will never buy from Tweed or Mettrum and Cannimed and Bedrocan are nuclear......so where is my Access and choices MMPR

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
you guys are ragging on these LP's

give me one time where an MMAR or bikers for that matter, did a RECALL

on weed

come on guys

lets get real here

this is good, it means there are CHECK"S AND BALANCES

wow you guys jump on any possible thing

so funny and childish

peace
Chefboy

leaffan

I just want to know...if a product has to be tested prior to shipping what could possibly constitute a product recall? I don't think that is asking too much. Patients have been using this, they have a right to know. If there is a product recall for food we are informed of the reasons, why not with marijuana?

What would be good chefboy is some honesty and transparency.

I don't see anything that is funny or childish here.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
jmo but the checks and balances should catch things like this before they release it as 'Medicine'.

did they jump the gun a bit to profit on $5 gm.

CannaManager

you guys are ragging on these LP's

give me one time where an MMAR or bikers for that matter, did a RECALL

on weed

come on guys

lets get real here

this is good, it means there are CHECK"S AND BALANCES

wow you guys jump on any possible thing

so funny and childish

peace
Chefboy

Not sure about ragin, my wife was going to join Greenleaf on the 24th and it is a concern that they may have unsafe practices
whatever they may be. Some people and there side remarks, its funny and childish to be concerned of a LP you are about to join who now has no product now and you are suppose to trust your decision with a recall before they even get off the ground.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Not sure about ragin, my wife was going to join Greenleaf on the 24th and it is a concern that they may have unsafe practices
whatever they may be. Some people and there side remarks, its funny and childish to be concerned of a LP you are about to join who now has no product now and you are suppose to trust your decision with a recall before they even get off the ground.

CannaManager, do some research and it's trial and error. some of these LP's won't be around in a year...The best will survive just like in high school when the most successful dealer was ALWAYS THE GUY WITH THE BEST STUFF

it will take time be patient, this is a new program

peace
Chefboy

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As its a voluntary recall I would doubt there is a serious health issue.

If the batch number is the date , Batch PK-10-20-13 , then its six months old and probably none left to recall.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Does everyone realize that LP's will be testing for pesticides...and other toxins in OUR WEED

so i have one question to pose for the board??????????????????

so you are an MMAR and you get a disease(White Fly, Spider Mite, Powdery Mildew)

I grow i know it happens ALL THE TIME....how do you deal with YOUR CROP

spray the fucker right, with whatever works....ummm yea

and then voila....we have toxins in our weed

so all these bickering about how the new MMPR program is not good and how it has taken the medicine away from the sick( WHICH I AGREE TOTALLY IT HAS)

but i never EVER HEAR of the positives of the program

such as, testing for pesticides and toxins, actual clinical research on cannabinoads and how they work in the human body,

umm what else, proper storage of marijuana, proper growth of marijuana, more genetics in the gene pool( getting rid of all the KUSH crap)

anyone else want to add

any pluses or do you all just want to talk about the injunction

how about the fact that pharmaceutical companies are making our beloved plant

ACTUAL MEDICINCE

no lets talk about how we can't grown anymore

see why i say

you are all childish..I am done with my rant

i can't handle the short cited behaviour in here

peace
Chefboy

leaffan

chefboy...statements you make like "you are all childish" is childish in itself.

LPs are good for patients who can't or don't want to grow their own medicine.
LPs might be good for a push on getting health care coverage for the medicine through lobbying efforts with the government and insurance companies.
LPs probably will expand our knowledge of our medicine.
LPs will be providing a "cleaner, safer" medicine than some current growers. Some ( I have a small grow and don't have bugs and mildew issues, and don't need to use pesticides).
LPs should help in the push to finally make our medicine fully legal.

So there are some positives with LPs. Patients, and for that sake anyone should be able to grow marijuana legally imo.

chefboy, why not address my previous post? Why not try and establish an intelligent dialogue versus your one sided, antagonistic approach you so often take?