What's new

Greenleaf Medicinial product recall

best idea ever!

med-man

Got lots done today just need to design the strain description page a little better and set up the review page design. Will still be least 4 days before it ready.

The info pages wont be as elaborate as some the the review sites I've seen. I prefer KISS with just enough info so the reader doesn't get overwhelmed.

growshopfrank

Veteran
Why? Conroy's argument isn't that MMPR represents poorer quality. His issue is cost and access.

This recall shows the MMPR's strict regulations protect patients. How much black market stuff gets tested and recalled?

at the moment its all speculation as to the reason for the recall

but it sure looks like they sent out the product to the customers before the lab work was complete

and that would only make a fool feel all warm and happy about consuming their flowers

Pangea

Veteran
What would be very interesting is if there was clear contamination such as powdery or particulates/hairs on some buds, and it passed its required lab tests.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is apparently the email customers got on April 19th , when they closed down and pulled the website.

Dear customer:

We are sorry we have been unable to take your calls or answer your emails. We have been engaged with the regulatory body and as a result we are no longer able to provide you with our products. We are making every effort to gain information and help to find a solution for your product needs.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience.

From HC.

“It’s not a danger to those people using the product, but they are being asked to discontinue use,” said Erika-Kirsten Easton, a spokesperson for Health Canada.

She did not have details as to what “production practices” Health Canada had issues with.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Foomar:

That is pretty sad...can't even answer emails or the goddamn phone...but we are supposed to trust them to provide safe quality meds..

What a fucking joke.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is speculation around a pricing conspiracy elsewhere on another forum but I don't know enough about the politics to comment.

I do find it strange that if its classified as medicine they have not released the details , have seen recalls for prescription meds in the UK which specify the exact problem straight away when issued , whether its a label problem , a contaminant or a licensing paperwork oversight.

Seems bad form to leave customers hanging like this.

VanCitysFinest

you guys are ragging on these LP's

give me one time where an MMAR or bikers for that matter, did a RECALL

on weed

come on guys

lets get real here

this is good, it means there are CHECK"S AND BALANCES

wow you guys jump on any possible thing

so funny and childish

How is this clown STILL posting here?!?! HAHAHAHA,

I bet John Conroy is haunting your dreams something serious!

There is speculation around a pricing conspiracy elsewhere on another forum but I don't know enough about the politics to comment.

I do find it strange that if its classified as medicine they have not released the details , have seen recalls for prescription meds in the UK which specify the exact problem straight away when issued , whether its a label problem , a contaminant or a licensing paperwork oversight.

Seems bad form to leave customers hanging like this.

The way the system was set up and the excuses they gave for concealing MMAR this was never about providing medicine, it was a way out for the gov to not have to deal with MMAR anymore.

They also said it was about tax revenue generation but how are you going to generate all these millions from PST and GST from a product no one can afford, even for recreational use and is sold in tiny quantities.

They are going to get ripped apart in the court cases.

Buddha1

Veteran
This was released April 22, 2014 on the recall of Greenleaf Medicinals of Nanaimo, B.C.

Link to original article:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/batch-o...tion-1.1787056

Sheryl Ubelacker, The Canadian Press
Published Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:44PM EDT
Last Updated Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:19PM EDT

TORONTO -- A B.C. producer of medical marijuana has voluntarily recalled a batch of its "purple kush" strain and is advising consumers not to smoke the weed after a Health Canada inspection of the grower's operations turned up "issues" with its production practices.

In what is believed to be the first recall of medical cannabis in Canada, Greenleaf Medicinals of Nanaimo, B.C., is advising clients to immediately stop using any marijuana they still possess from batch number PK-10-20-13.

"The recall is due to issues with the company's production practices, which were identified during an inspection by Health Canada and may impact the product," the federal department said in an advisory.

The advisory did not disclose the problems with Greenleaf's production nor what adverse effects might occur from smoking or ingesting the recalled pot.

A Health Canada spokesperson was not available to provide additional information Tuesday.

Greenleaf also could not be reached for comment; its website appears to have been taken down and the company's name does not appear on Health Canada's online list of authorized growers of medical marijuana.

However, the department said in its advisory that the company had said it was working with other licensed producers to find a supply of purple kush for its clients. Purple kush is considered a potent strain of cannabis, with a high concentration of the psychoactive ingredient THC.

About a dozen producers have been licensed by Health Canada to sell various strains of medicinal marijuana after the federal government revamped regulations governing access to the drug.

As of April 1, federal authorization to possess medicinal pot for patients with chronic pain, multiple sclerosis and a variety of other ailments shifted from Health Canada to physicians.

Under the new program, doctors can provide a prescription that allows patients with symptoms that may be helped by medical pot to purchase up to 150 grams of dried weed each month from a licensed commercial grower.

Producers are subject to compliance and enforcement measures similar to those that regulate producers of other controlled substances. Licensed medical marijuana growers must meet strict security, control and reporting requirements, and are regularly inspected.

"Dried marijuana is not an approved drug or medicine in Canada. Possession and use of marijuana remains illegal unless authorized under regulations with the support of a doctor or nurse practitioner," Health Canada said.

Peace...B

blastfrompast

Veteran
Here is what was wrong with the batch:

"This includes potential residues from use of unregistered pesticides, unsanitary production conditions, concerns with testing standards and/or control of plant materials."

bwhaha and so it starts.

"This includes potential residues from use of unregistered pesticides, unsanitary production conditions, concerns with testing standards and/or control of plant materials."

bwhaha and so it starts.

This could be a fall out from the Kelowna incident. Maybe HC is worried and had the LP's test/retest the plants that were transferred from MMAR Licenses to the LP's

It needs to be said how fucking stupid do you have to be to go through all that effort to get licensed and then revert back to your old ways of being a grower and start fucking up your business that's only been legally allowed to publicly sell for less than a month.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It also shows how easy it would be to put a competitor out of business , and a warning to potential investors.

Pangea

Veteran
Yep false claims of adverse reactions and contamination's would have serious repercussions for any LP and its so easy to claim. A nasty and reprehensible action if faked.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Anyone know a lab who is willing to test for mold, heavy metals, and pesticides. I would like to double check some of these LP's myself. I have a few friends with scripts waiting to be filled....

Pangea

Veteran
List of Laboratories in possession of a valid Controlled Substance Licence allowing the possession of cannabis (marihuana) for analytical testing
Name of Lab
Address
Name of Contact
Phone Number
Email Address
CMH Biotechnologies Inc.
9B PTH 52 West, Steinbach, MB R5G 1X6
Mr. Leonard Philip Sarna
204-371-0100
len@cmhbiotech.com
Dalton Chemical Laboratories
349 Wildcat Road, Toronto, ON M3J 2S3
Mr. Ronald Herbert Angus
416-661-2102 ext: 222
rangus@dalton.com
New Brunswick Research and Productivity Council (RPC)
921 College Hill Rd, Fredericton, NB E6L 1T3
Mr. Troy Andrew Smith
506-452-1380
Troy.smith@rpc.ca
The Vimy Ridge Group Ltd.
16-2000 Ellesmere Rd Scarborough, ON M1H 2W4
Mr. John Constantine Fanaras
416-438-6727
fanaras@nucro-technics.com
Experchem Laboratories Inc.
1111 Flint Rd North York, ON M3J 3C7
Mr. Mana Sohil
416-665-2134 ext: 298 or 1-800-610-5576
sohilmana@experchemlab.com
SGS Canada Inc
6490 Vipond Drive Mississauga, ON L5T 1W8
Ms. Gita Patel
905-364-3757 ext: 13768
gita.patel@sgs.com

There is or will be more soon.

Buddha1

Veteran

What about all the other LP's that capitalized on the transfer program. If Greenleaf's transferred MMAR product was contaminated and not fit for resale. Then all others should be retested and inspected also. If it happened once, there's a good chance it will happened twice.

Another question is...How did this get by Health Canada's inspectors???

These inspectors need to be on there "A" game for the future or at least until things have stabilized to a steady and constant practice and procedure(2-3 years minimum).

These are the chronically ill we are talking about...not Joe Hippy down the block.

Peace...B

leaffan

Anyone know a lab who is willing to test for mold, heavy metals, and pesticides. I would like to double check some of these LP's myself. I have a few friends with scripts waiting to be filled....

Unless you are an LP that would be illegal.
If you ground it up, sent it in, and asked for your oregano or herb blend to be checked...

Pangea

Veteran
Its a grey area, technically the injunction would make blast a legal possessor and those labs are licensed to handle and test cannabis, there is no legal barrier. Sketchy now though, and I doubt many labs would be willing, but you never know.

leaffan

When I (DPPL) was at RPC (licensed NB lab) last fall and wanted some tests run, we were both told by HC that RPC could only accept and test for LPs. At the time there was only one LP.
Maybe it's different now.