What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Yep just like everywhere I'll have @ a month before the solstice - I start them late so they won't get too big on me (it's guerrilla). I'm hoping they'll get big enough, with the stretch, to make me happy and provide plenty of pollen.

However... since they commence flowering so early maybe I should get an earlier start so I don't end up with 18" sticks. Here at 36N I'm guessing flowering will kick in around, July 1st??

Yeah, better germinate earlier - not used to such an early strain like this. Would you agree?
Yep they
Yep just like everywhere I'll have @ a month before the solstice - I start them late so they won't get too big on me (it's guerrilla). I'm hoping they'll get big enough, with the stretch, to make me happy and provide plenty of pollen.

However... since they commence flowering so early maybe I should get an earlier start so I don't end up with 18" sticks. Here at 36N I'm guessing flowering will kick in around, July 1st??

Yeah, better germinate earlier - not used to such an early strain like this. Would you agree?
Yep these start to flower pretty early. Is been bred in after many many generations of Northern latitude adaptation. Please keep us posted!

mr.pistil

I'm determined to get some fruits this year despite the deer, birds, squirrels and slugs, hehe...I figure with enough plants I'm bound to get something. :)

I couldn't find my jar of Fed Hawaiian that I chopped a month ago. I am mystified...maybe I mislabeled amid all the Oaxacan cuts that I grew lately. Anyhow, here are some nice Grape flowers from last May. They still smell a little grapey and are well cured.

View attachment 18970305
TT, nice contrast! Excellent looking nugs!

Last edited:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

The Zacatecas are firing on all cylinders under the CMH, room sits at about 26*C lights on and they seem real happy.

DSCF0909.JPG

And my daft sheepdog wants to say hello.

IMG_1286.jpg

vermontman

BumSplodgeBrownPants

The soil has been pushing these Zacatecas quite hard, there's still loads of grub left in the pots and it's that point in flower where my plants are normally starting to lighten up, but instead they're a lovely dark green.

BUT, I think I've got the start of a Phosphorous deficiency. Not a problem, as I'm due to hit them with a PK boost this weekend for 3 weeks. (Plagron's Green Sensation).

DSCF0933.JPG

Looks red to the naked eye in between the veins on that top leaf. Just on 1 leaf on each of the two main tallest buds on 1 plant.

Apart from that... WoooooHoooooo! Here we go!

DSCF0936.JPG
DSCF0937.JPG

I'm getting orange scents after fingering them.

I may drop the bloom feed for the next week and just hit them with the green sensation. Not my normal soil see, I normally use Batmix but the shop only had Royal mix and it's just too hot for my growing habits.

Cheers folks! I'll try and get some pictures in focus next time.

:whee:

Edit - couple of better in focus (sort of) pics...

DSCF0940.JPG
DSCF0939.JPG

Last edited:

vermontman

The soil has been pushing these Zacatecas quite hard, there's still loads of grub left in the pots and it's that point in flower where my plants are normally starting to lighten up, but instead they're a lovely dark green.

BUT, I think I've got the start of a Phosphorous deficiency. Not a problem, as I'm due to hit them with a PK boost this weekend for 3 weeks. (Plagron's Green Sensation).

View attachment 18982893

Looks red to the naked eye in between the veins on that top leaf. Just on 1 leaf on each of the two main tallest buds on 1 plant.

Apart from that... WoooooHoooooo! Here we go!

View attachment 18982897 View attachment 18982898

I'm getting orange scents after fingering them.

I may drop the bloom feed for the next week and just hit them with the green sensation. Not my normal soil see, I normally use Batmix but the shop only had Royal mix and it's just too hot for my growing habits.

Cheers folks! I'll try and get some pictures in focus next time.

:whee:

Edit - couple of better in focus (sort of) pics...

View attachment 18982906 View attachment 18982908
Hello @BumSplodgeBrownPants!
I love the greasy trichs you get from the Oaxacan that is my favorite look for in a great sativa.
Keep em comin!!!

vermontman

2-Mountain Gold at week 6 of bloom
the tall one with elongated pointy tips smelling of herbal green spice like epazote
and the shorter one with rounded spongy flowers smelling slightly fruity and herbal

View attachment 18983403 View attachment 18983413 View attachment 18983405 View attachment 18983406 View attachment 18983407 View attachment 18983409 View attachment 18983412
Hello @StrongTree!
Moose is right your Mountain Gold is looking very impressive! If you have space outside upon harvest you could reveg and kick canna butt again. Please keep us updated and thank you for posting.

jroadytoady

@StrongTree those ladies are beautiful, well done - mine just turned 7 weeks yesterday. Started to get a bit hungry so gave an AACT yesterday and should last the final 4 weeks.

The vegging plants are Green Mt. Grapes for outdoor this season. Green pheno on left, purple on right.

Attachments

• 20240406_170435.jpg
    20240406_170435.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 106
  • 20240406_170550.jpg
    20240406_170550.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 107
  • 20240406_170818.jpg
    20240406_170818.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Hi folks! :whee:

Another week along and the Zacatecas are still chugging away.

DSCF0987.JPG
DSCF0985.JPG

I'm going to raise the light a little bit (315w CMH) and drop the feed a little. I'm getting a few burnt tips now.

I'll say approx 4 weeks and these could be close to how I like them. It may be time to let them know autumn is on the way for them and then ride them in to the chop nice and easy.

But I'm very happy with these so far and I think I'll go a little lighter on the feed next time.

Any feedback or tips are more than welcome!

Same time, same place for an update next week then? :good: