What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Keif Cake

Veteran
Yeah they know how to have a good life only working half the year. Real gorilla still has some green mountain grape though if that interests you (y)
This is the first time i ever heard of Real Gorilla, im always leary about ordering overseas because of customs. Although i haven't lost any packages to them yet, having places to order stateside means I'm way less likely to order and risk being out of money and beans.

The green grape does interest me, but not as much as the other two.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
My little bonsai Grape is almost dry enough to jar up. I took a sample this afternoon and she is delicious! Nice aroma and flavor, not to mention a very nice balanced old school high. Very enjoyable, and will only improve over the next couple of months I'm sure. I just want to avoid over drying...Plant #2 is still chugging away and is lovely to look at with her purple crowns.

MIGreenman

Greenman just curious what kind of veg time did you run your Zacs or was it an outdoor grow? I found that the mountain gold didnt need much time. She got real tall real fast. Im mean like 6ft with a 3 week veg growing indoors. And that was with a 600watt in a 5x5 grow tent
I put my Zacs in when they were almost exactly 24 in tall and they finished 36 and 40 in respectively. These were the original plants from seed and I think I veg them about 4 or 5 weeks. Not much stretch indoors. I put them in relatively small so that I could turn them over quickly, looking for a keeper mother plant. I would veg the clones until they were probably 32 inches or so, for better yield indoors. Outdoors the sky would be the limit. Lol

vermontman

My little bonsai Grape is almost dry enough to jar up. I took a sample this afternoon and she is delicious! Nice aroma and flavor, not to mention a very nice balanced old school high. Very enjoyable, and will only improve over the next couple of months I'm sure. I just want to avoid over drying...Plant #2 is still chugging away and is lovely to look at with her purple crowns.
Hey Tex that sounds great!
How many weeks have run them there? I am envisioning or maybe projecting that GMG though not intentionally running very similar breeding lines to somewhat similar to DJ shorts Blueberry, which I have grown years ago, Blueberry was Oaxacan Gold X Chocolate Thai X an Afghani. Green Mountain Grape is Oaxacan Gold X Nepali Sativa X Mend heirloom.
I know I am biased but I do like my Grape line better than Blueberry. But I do kind of hope The Grape will someday hit the same legendary status as Blueberry.
In a world flooded in strains, I guess it doesn't hurt to dream? HAHA

Last edited:

Osiris_genetics

How many weeks have run them there? I am envisioning or maybe projecting that GMG though not intentionally running very similar breeding lines to somewhat similar to DJ shorts Blueberry, which I have grown years ago, Blueberry was Oaxacan Gold X Chocolate Thai X an Afghani. Green Mountain Grape is Oaxacan Gold X Nepali Sativa X Mend heirloom.
I know I am biased but I do like my Grape line better than Blueberry. But I do kind of hope The Grape will someday hit the same legendary status as Blueberry.
You have done great work man, I have been looking for your varieties for years....The grape looks amazing...but I am so incredibly intrigued with the purple satellite.... some cat on insta recently ripped me off but i was so close hahaha, chalk that one up to the game ... anywhere you know that currently stocks it? Or would you trade for some wild/pure Heirloom varieties and what not? I have Zamal x Pakistani, Kashmiri x Paki

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I apologize for not having a clear record of when I started flowering these. I seem to recall that I kept one back in the veg tent because I thought I would give her more training in order to keep her small and compact. I originally intended to run the smaller of the two in a one square foot tent upstairs and shut down my larger flower room for the winter because of soaring electric rates here in MA this winter. But, it turned out that we signed up for a discounted rate service and so those high rates never materialized, and I was able to keep running my bigger room after all, but just kept the lights turned down. Finally, after seeing that the bills were actually less than last year, I decided to go ahead and proceed with my growing as normal.

So this #2 plant is 2-3 weeks behind the #1 plant. Both remained very compact and manageable, so I needn't have worried. I actually tried to get this second plant to go a little larger once she went into flower, but she has stayed well behaved despite plenty of root room.

I'm guessing 9 weeks to harvest probably on both of these, but that's just an estimate. Definitely has a grapey aroma. :)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Grape is getting close! :)

PXL_20230428_123619979.jpg
PXL_20230428_123634881.jpg

vermontman

You have done great work man, I have been looking for your varieties for years....The grape looks amazing...but I am so incredibly intrigued with the purple satellite.... some cat on insta recently ripped me off but i was so close hahaha, chalk that one up to the game ... anywhere you know that currently stocks it? Or would you trade for some wild/pure Heirloom varieties and what not? I have Zamal x Pakistani, Kashmiri x Paki
Yep I got taken there one time also though there are some reputable traders. You should just be able to google Purple Satellite and a number of vendors ACE supplies should pop right up.
I hope that helps!

blondie

Incidentally an hour or so ago I decided to reveg a plant. I pollinated one female that looked great. She isnt finishing well though but her sister is going gangbusters. I decided to reveg the better plant and pollinate her. Seems this is a good use of reveg. I’ve never reveged before and didn’t realize buds were not the same. Thanks for the info. Think I won’t totally grow out now. Just keep the plant smaller for seeds only.

Also.. I put four of Vermont mans Oaxacan seeds in paper towels last night. These are old seeds though and no tails yet. Going to bust out the sandpaper tomorrow night if they don’t sprout. These will go outside . I’m not crazy about putting unsexed plants outside but these are the only ones I have on the schedule that will finish outside. So... out they go, when they sprout. Think I may need to add another strain from him onto my schedule.

MIGreenman

Pretty sure VM's going to do more Zac in the future. I was wondering myself. Anyway, this very last more spear-shaped Zac will be 70 days on Wednesday and I just can't take it down yet. It's still evolving and it would kill me to chop it early. Lots of lovely sandworm-like delicate frosty purple foxtails. I'm going to run this one again but plan on it being a 70-day plant so I can taper my nutes down later and keep it more green toward the end.