What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Both purple satellite are just starting to kick into flower.

This girl showed first and was in the ground a week ahead of the second one.
View attachment 18853151
View attachment 18853152
This second one has a much stronger cough syrup medicine smell on the stem rub.
View attachment 18853153
View attachment 18853154
Hello Cactus!
Looking terrific there my friend, looking forward to seeing your progress! If I may, do you have them in a greenhouse?
CHEERS

Cactus Squatter

Hello Cactus!
Looking terrific there my friend, looking forward to seeing your progress! If I may, do you have them in a greenhouse?
CHEERS
I run them in a shade house. 40% shade canopy mainly to act as a bug and wind stop but also to help keep the heat down when we’re in the 115°+ days.
I’ve also found that by wetting down the sides before a dust storm comes in I can catch the bulk of the dust before it gets onto the plants too.

I’ve also got a mountain gold going that will hopefully show pistils in the next few days.

mr.pistil

Hey Rob, koon makes a good point about mixing the spectrum up. I'm on 11/13 for all strains including traditional OG's. They finish a little sooner like maybe 5 days on average but I save a few dollars and I think the schedule helps retain more terpenes and flavor. For pure LED power, I still think the fluence and gaveta light bars are where it's at. Check the FB marketplace. You can find them for four to $500 each here in the Detroit area all day long for example. My original eight bar fluence's were 1500 a piece in 2014. Imagine some fool paying that.
like me.
Me too! LOL! Pricey, but a great light. Recently I've been eying the Fang..... for $499.

vermontman

I run them in a shade house. 40% shade canopy mainly to act as a bug and wind stop but also to help keep the heat down when we’re in the 115°+ days.
I’ve also found that by wetting down the sides before a dust storm comes in I can catch the bulk of the dust before it gets onto the plants too.

I’ve also got a mountain gold going that will hopefully show pistils in the next few days.
That's pretty cool cultural practice to know, also your Purple Satellite plants are flowering very early.Your Mountain Gold should be a bit more resistant to earlier flowering with the Hawaiian Sativa influence.

Cactus Squatter

That's pretty cool cultural practice to know, also your Purple Satellite plants are flowering very early.Your Mountain Gold should be a bit more resistant to earlier flowering with the Hawaiian Sativa influence.
They weren’t planted until we hit 14 hours of daylight either. I stuck seeds in a paper towel to germinate on 5/18 and had them in the dirt outside a few days later.
They were in 1 gallon air bags until Preflowers showed and then stuck in their final spots.
I’m holding onto one male that’s got a super strong cherry cough drop kinda smell going already. Been pinching pods off to keep the early skeeting down, about to relocate him so I can start collecting some pollen safely.

vermontman

They weren’t planted until we hit 14 hours of daylight either. I stuck seeds in a paper towel to germinate on 5/18 and had them in the dirt outside a few days later.
They were in 1 gallon air bags until Preflowers showed and then stuck in their final spots.
I’m holding onto one male that’s got a super strong cherry cough drop kinda smell going already. Been pinching pods off to keep the early skeeting down, about to relocate him so I can start collecting some pollen safely.
Awesome!
The F2 and so on should work out quite well for easily developing an In Bred Line or IBL that should be very easy to stabilize.

RobFromTX

Zacatecas Tribute. Ended up with 4 pretty ladies

Attachments

• IMG_20230614_074130174.jpg
    IMG_20230614_074130174.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51

RobFromTX

Greetings fellow mexican weed lovers. My wifes cousin visited family in Guerrero recently and snuck some seeds back for me. I dont know much outside of them being "very sativa" and they come from a small farm outside of Ometepec near the border with Oaxaca. Exciting stuff. I'll start a thread for these when i harvest the Zacs and finally get moved this fall :smoke:

vermontman

Cool!
Well please keep us updated, I am very curious the effect the Purple Satellite has on a long flower time has of a long season more tropical Sativa. I am currently running seedlings from a Green Mountain Grape that finished at the end of August out side 42 N crossed with Mulanje Gold. Hoping for early flowering.
CHEERS!