What's new

Green House Seed Co. Trainwreck, Cheese & Lemon Skunk

G

shouldnt you let the public grow them out before you start slagging off how bad or good they are ,,,

greenhouse is only introducing new varieties to people just like all the other seed companies ,,most of whom who just copy others work anyway, in some shape or form ,,,

for gods sake they're a seed company ,they're going to make the seeds that are in demand ,

arjan could afford to give them out for free then what would u say ,,hes buying customers lol,,

stop being so jeaulous and negative ,,if u dont wanna buy the seeds then dont ,theres plenty who will ,your not achieving anything by trying to put them off

bring back the peace loving hippy stoners ,they didnt have time for arguing over weed

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Yeah they haven't said too much about it unfortunately. oh well, in a couple months im sure grow reports will start popping up including from people who've tried the original clone, should be interesting

(and if they turn out crap then its no big loss as they're pretty cheap heh) :smile:

Last edited:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GreatfulHead, i always love your posts but i just want to comment this...

"The way chromosomes recombine in a selfed project is exactly the same as an F2"

I would not say that the way chromosomes recombines is exactly the same as the F2 generation from a hybrid... the progeny will not be the same, at least in the sex factor. every plant is a bit different and obviously are 2 plants (male/female) needed for the creation of the F2 seeds, while selfing happens only to one ancestor. don't get me wrong, i agree that selfing a hybrid will give much diversity and the genetical mechanism of recombination is very similar (if not identical) ...but it's just not exactly the same if we inbred 2 parents or chemically stressing 1 female that is later transformed to a "male" which gives later "all female"

however, most i'm wondering about this...

"F2s are quite variable in expression, unless the parent is a homozygous inbred line"

maybe i'm so stoned that i misunderstand you now but are you saying that the F2 will not give diversity if the initial parents were true-breeding (homozygous) lines? i learned that the F2 generation from a true sativa/indica hybrid gives a wild genetic diversity even if both parents were very homozygous ibl's ...soon i will practically start to experiment with the F2 from the haze/dc and i'm sure there will be a lot of different plants in the F2, especially if one parent is recessively homozygous for most traits... do i guess right or am i just stoned:)?

again, you words are always appreciated. peace

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Sorry if you disagree, but...
Other than sexual expression, the genetic math for S1s and for F2s is exactly the same.
Simple fact, so opinions don't really matter... but if you want to find a consensus opinion, try to find me any botany papers which do not refer to the generation created by hybrid self pollination as the f2 generation... I can even show you papers in which botanist specifically refer to the plants created by reversing cannabis and self pollenating as F2s...
Find me a paper referring to an S1...
True inbred lines, when crossed, produce quite uniform offspring...
The more heterozygous the parent/parents, the less uniform the offspring...
I was a bit inaccurate in my first post, though... I failed to mention that the selfing on a homozygous plant(ibl) is still ibl, and the product of crossing two different homozygous plant lines is an F1 generation... The crossing of two F1s from the same parents makes an F2, even if the two F1s from the same parent are also the same plant... Sorry... stoned I guess... I think I got it all in this time...

Last edited:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man, no need for sorry ...there is nothing wrong... you were relative correct from the beginning, it's just all a matter of understanding. i never lose my respect to people who make mistakes, nobody is perfect, the problem is if we don't recognize & learn from the them. you realized that you were inaccurate in that post and that counts a lot.

the ibl & f2 was the main stone in my shoe...
an ibl is an ibl, so it can be an F4, F5 or F99... it's not possible to make F2, as long as we agree that the "F" descriptor is used by hybrid progeny and not if we inbred an old afghani landrace or any strain that is already an early ibl (at least beyond F2).

as already said, there wont be much variable expression in the S1 if the chosen parent female was from an ibl (true-breeding for most traits) ...but than we can not say that selfing = F2 if we use an ibl...so it's really all a matter of the accurate level if talk about such specific things. all info you added now is fine (at least in my eyes:) Thanks & may your Head stay great :smoke:

If you want a real representation of the "Arcata Trainwreck" in seed form, I would wait for THSeeds release of the A-TRAIN! It is the trainwreck clone from cali crossed to an afghani & then inbred, from what I could gather @ the cup.

I smoked this stuff at the cup in ADAM in November & smoked A LOT of this stuff at their booth. Now I believe it will be the closest thing in seed form to the actual TRAINWRECK. Adam & Doug said that it will be released to the public after it is stabilized sometime in early 2008.

This is also the best option for those that don't like to mess with feminized seeds as THSeeds doesen't make feminized. They cross males & females & make seeds the way they SHOULD be made! In my humble opinion :joint:

Big ups to the A-Train project! :rasta:

anyone else try the A-train @ the cup? what did you think?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Well... not that I ever said I was wrong, nor was I... My first post was simply incomplete...
Everything that I said about the variability and the equivalency of these S1s to F2s was 100% correct, since the Clone being discussed is not anything close to homozygous...

An Ibl can't be F-anything, btw... that only applies to hybrids...
Ibl x Ibl = Ibl.
IblA x IblB = F1 Hybrid
HybridA x HybridA = F2 generation
HybridA x HybridB (or IblC) = polyhybrid
F2 x F2 = F3
F2 x F1 = Filial Back Cross
F1 (or F2+) x IblA = Parental Back Cross...

So... An 'S1' of TrainWreck would be a polyhybrid F2, and there is not a botanist out there who will disagree...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
But... like I've already said...
What they've got, and What they've done with it may well remain a mystery...
But in a short while we'll see grow shows popping up, and read smoke reports, and if the seeds grow TrainWreck, then they should be able to call it trainwreck...

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What you posted now is all true as long we stick to the basics... but i still have the opinion that selfing a hybrid can not be Excatly the same as inbreeding 2 different plants (male/female) ...it doesn't matter if the S1 mechanism of recombination is identical to the F2... fact is that you don't get the same results, as the S1 will be all fems produced from a chemical transformed female, that is at least one big difference if comparing to some true F2 seeds.

Hey - it's all good...no need to pump up the egos, as this is getting a bit oftopic :D
i said you were correct, "relative" correct because it was simply incomplete... so it was potentially misleading for any other random users who reads. we don't have all the same heads, so it's always better to be accurate if typing about such things.

peace

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I never said it was exactly the same as... I said the genetic math, and resulting percentage of variability, was and is exactly the same... and that across the worldwide academic community, botanist always call the product of self pollenating a hybrid an F2.

Obviously every different male which could have possibly been used will give slightly different results, I never contradicted that fact. I was and am only referring to the genetic math and percentage chance of replicating a polyhybrid by creating a selfed F2 generation, which is exactly the same F2 or 'S1'.

G

I agree with what Hazyfontazy said, if you don't like the seed company, don't buy the seeds. It must be glaringly obvious to everyone by now that Arjan, franco and the others at GHS don't listen nor care about what is said online, Arjan laboured the point that he doesn't know how to use a computer and doesn't read anything online several times at the last 420 cup. So flaming GHS on icmag is just gonna fall on dead ears I'm afraid.

I think we should al wait until the TW seeds have been test grown before jumping all over GHS for the job they've done. They are cheap enough and until they are tested, who knows what they are like.

I'll volunteer to test grow a pack! Not bothered about the Cheese, I already have the original cut and a couple of hybrids such a Purple Afghan x Cheese and Yumbolt x Cheese.

Trainwreck by Woodhorse Seeds

A brain thumping, Sativa, soaring high. Comes on strong as a freight train, finishes in the typical ultra-heady Sativa manner! Very medicinal. People become hooked on it like a hard drug. Old school California taste. Dense rock hard nuggets. Next to no leaf .Light green with small calyxes. Thin stem, small buds. Legend has it it was started in the early 80’s by a couple of brothers in San Diego. Mexican X Columbian, with a hint of Afghani.

After 10 or 12 years, somehow a clone was let out, and the madness has started. It has thrived and been mastered in Humboldt County for 12-14 years.

This is unbelievable pot. (90% Sativa / 10% Indica)

Last edited:
In fact, I don't like the seed co. either, but I have some Ultra Haze #2 laying around here that really packs a punch. Regardless of whose genes were used in this cross, it still remains a killer weed.

I'd like to smoke this one before jumping into conclusions... :bandit:

PhenoMenal said:
Yeah they haven't said too much about it unfortunately. oh well, in a couple months im sure grow reports will start popping up including from people who've tried the original clone, should be interesting

(and if they turn out crap then its no big loss as they're pretty cheap heh) :smile:
If they turn out like crap then everyone that grew the seeds and everyone that smoked the herb is going to get a negative impression of TW now wont they, and that is the problem that the TW truist are having.

I've never grown any of GHS strains and have no real beef with their company and I'm in no way assuming or saying that their TW is going to be crap.
It's just easy for people to be skeptical when GHS isn't giving us any information other than some descriptions that sound nothing like the arcata cut (i.e. large calyxes and big seeds). Especially when GHS seeds makes a video and the guys are acting like dweebs. "resin pockets" sounds like something a middle schooler would say. What the hell is a "resin pocket"? like everyone else I want to see some grow reports. guess only time will tell with this one.

peace out

Last edited:

stretchpup

Silence of the wreck

Silence of the wreck

Can you picture Arjan like the guy from Silence of the lambs?

"...It puts the resin in the pockets..."

"...It puts the resin in the pockets..."

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
I picked up some of these because they are cheap and I lost my TW clone. So I wanna see if these are anywhere close to the original. But from the videos, I seriously doubt they are. Big calyxs and big seeds dont sound like the TW I know.
For $36 I figured I would give them a shot. For those that have grown the original cut, it should be pretty obvious if this is the arcata cut from the smell. And obviously the structure and high.
I dont expect much but I would love to be wrong. :D

PhenoMenal said:
But that's exactly what Rez did with Sour Diesel
like I said before he labeled every generation differently so we knew what we were getting. he didn't just self seed some SD and label the seeds produced SD. guess you missed that part of my post. You can go check out his forum right now and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Pirate138 said:
how did they get cheese seeds? isnt UK cheese only available in clone form?

just a side note...the cheese used from Big Buddah is a herm. strain. BB took the cut (which he recieved from the man who supplied him his weed [dealer]). He mothered it...took clones from mother (god only knows what genereation im guessing somewhere in 5-10th genereation) and then stressed the clones using chemical..

all the cheese in A'dam is full of premature seeds.. all of BB cheese and hybrids of cheese are hermies..
:fsu: :fsu:

never degrade your genentics to sell beans :spank:

10 ft ganja

trichosaurus said:
Big calyxs and big seeds dont sound like the TW I know.
For $36 I figured I would give them a shot. For those that have grown the original cut, it should be pretty obvious if this is the arcata cut from the smell.

just from look i can guarantee it is not the CaLi T-DuB....i see resemblence in bud structure...but those leafs look more indica influenced (maybe its just my new computr monitor:rasta: )..regardless it looks like your well in for good smoke..let us know how it turns out..

Last edited:
G

just a side note...the cheese used from Big Buddah is a herm. strain. BB took the cut (which he recieved from the man who supplied him his weed [dealer]). He mothered it...took clones from mother (god only knows what genereation im guessing somewhere in 5-10th genereation) and then stressed the clones using chemical..

all the cheese in A'dam is full of premature seeds.. all of BB cheese and hybrids of cheese are hermies..

Are you sure about this? The original Cheese cut is 100% female, no intersex trait. The Cheese x Yumbolt and Cheese x Purple Afghan I have don't hermie, Cheese is not a hermie strain. I don't know what Big Buddha did with his, but unless the Afghan he bred it to was a hermie, I don't think you're correct.