What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Giant Grow Ebb&Flo

G

The smoke is very strong. My buddies love this stuff when they need to get some sleep after popping a bunch of pills to stay a wake for those long study nights before an exam. They taste is very good after curing just like anything else. It has a nice sweet taste and great bag appeal if your going to get rid of it. The stuff weigh alot when covered with resin and looks nice and sparkley. I got some going now and just keep an eye on them. They are seeded, but should still look very nice at the end. I've grow big bud also and this strain has got it beat from every angle. I'll grow a tree out for everyone to see in a few months and see what these sucks can really bring down in weight. It's truely one of the best all around strights with a knock out high, bag appeal, and taste. That's all i can tell you, but there are a ton on other good and great strains out there that i've haven't grown yet. HDF, Cronic, C-99 and others.

2hi2soon

Hey Billy

Lemme save you some time then in return - forget Chronic unless you got space to grow 20+ looking for a decent mother. Bud structure was quite loose and airy on most all plants I grew out ( 15+) I may have been unlucky but they are well over hyped I'm afraid. Crap taste and strange high, I really didn't like it - I can accept that it may well be just me but there you go . Try it by all means - I think you should .....but maybe move it down the priority list a fair bit :)

These are only my opinions you understand !

2h2s

G

I dought i would even buy any of the seeds, since i know there are others out there. Just trying to help you find your dream plant is all, but i've been wanting to try C-99. I've heard and seen some great grows with it. I'm going to buy some of GN-03 C-99 and C-99 over at Joey Weed and see the differences. I hear this stuff yields good and the high will freak you out if not careful. I had a Hawaiian Skunk that would fuck you up and really freak people out. The only thing is it wouldn't yield well inside, but outdoors was very good. Very large plant and ton's of large colas if you can grow her outside.

2hi2soon

I think after years of fiddling with this and that ...that there is no such thing as the holy grail with plants just things are sometimes correct for times and places in context. Wow - so deep :)

2h2s

G

I hear you. If you ever get over to Hawaii, you find some of the best shit ever. Theyu got some crazy ass shit over there. I smoked some Blue Cronic and it was awesome. Also, got a buddy on the North Shore that got ahold of some Pure Haze and i about died in a good way. Something with the soil over there and the strains they have, nothing like on the mainland. Someone did a test over at OG and got clones from the same strain and source and the person said with FoxFarm soil and good organic NUtz. The buds were nothing like the ones in Hawaii. My holy Grail will be me growing my Thai to full height out side in that volcanic soil. 15 feet of pure knock your dick in the dirt high

G

Lolllll, i hear you. If all goes well for me, i'll be there in spring of 2006. Looking at some land at the end of this summer. If all goes well, I'll buy some land and maybe a house, but most likely a large amount of land, then i'll have a house built. Maybe me and other members should start a cannabis resort on the Big Island. A bunch of us will be moving there, why not. :)

G

I'm in on a Cannabis Resort on the Big Island!

I'll see ya there BG

Tex

G

Yes, but it is a rabies free Island so you have to go through a lttle bit before hand to get them certified and you are still subject to a 0-5 day quarentine period. If you do not do anything in advance you are subject to a 30-90 day quarentine.

I am taken 2 over and have it all figured out already

Tex

G

Sure Texas, now if we can find a good location on the beach or close to it, will be golden. Shit, if we could pull it off. I'd drop a large amount of cash to start one of the first cannabis resorts, but we all know it's not going to happen. If it did, it wouldn't be long before it was shut down.

Sure bring the dog, i love dogs. I'll be getting me a new dog once i get over there. I miss my husky, she passed away a few years back and haven't got a new dog since.

G

Roger Christie is already working on it I bet.

I saw were he had a Easter service in the middle of town were everybodies smokin herb and feelin the spirit.

I also found some guys that run a deal called "Kona Kind bud tours" and they give you the marijuana enriched tour of the island. I thought, what a service.

Tex

G

Shit, I'm all for it. I'll be over there this summer and will check into some stuff. Shit, if we can swing something. I'm all for it and will see what can be done and what can't. Nothing would be better then waking up at my own or shared resort and eating some egg's and fresh pineapple in the morning and going outside and water my hugh Thai's :) Wake-up Goat your dreaming

G

I already have my THC Ministry relegious protection in the islands as well as working on it here in Texas , if you can believe that.

We can just start a church like Roger and the only thing you have to do is: in the tenents of your relegious charter you have to MANDATE the use of cannabis as the sacrement of our relegiuos practices. The church/resort would be our sanctuary.

Tex

G

I can see it now Texas Kid and BillyGoat sitting around the pool with some hot ass Women smoking it up all day. You better bring a shit load of Rib Eye's because i love those steaks and will be eating alot of them. Still you got to worry about the asshole Fed's, BUT Kerry said he would leave it up to the states on medical use. We might have a shot at a Cannabis Medical resort or something. I'll help people out and make sure they are feeling good and enjoying themselves. :)

G

Hawaii already has medical marijuana program in place and Roger Christie has just been sanctioned to be the guy that certifies and qualifies people for the state program. My guess BG, is you will qualify just like I do for the medical status we will need to be free to smoke at will.

I already can go to the Cannabis Club he established in Paia on Maui and buy bud and clones no problem. He only has White Rhino and Northern Lights right now but we can help work on that.

Also, I already have a connection over there that has a meat distribution company and he has the killer beef and buffalo fresh and already on the island. Also there is Parker Ranch over there and we can get local meat. If we don't like that I'm from beef contry and can get whole cows now problem.

Tex

Last edited:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Hawaii

Hawaii

I use to live in Hawaii in the late 70's-mid 80's, and had many close friends that were involved in the local growing scene there. The best tasting buds were usually from the Big Island of Hawaii, Kauai and Maui. A few of my Oahu buddies that lived on the windward side and north shore grew some very tastey buds, but usually, if you wanted the killer exotic, "da kine", you had to go to the outer island's to satisfy your lust. Maui buds were probably "the" most rare and hard to find. You most definitely had to know somebody from Maui, and be an insider to have the connections to score real, "da kine", Maui Wowie. It was truly some very sweet tasting, very potent, kick ass weed, a sativa/indica cross hybrid, started by a Dude that was originally from the mainland, and settled in the Hana jungle of Maui. I only remember smoking it a few times in all the years I lived there. It was special, probably the best tasting herb I have ever smoked.

A lot of the weed grown in Hawaii back then had mostly sativa in it. Real pure indica's, or hash bud as it was called, was around, but was much harder to score. If anyone remembers Elephant weed that was grown in Hawaii back then, it was a S.E. Asian sativa strain ( probably Thai origin ) that could easily grow over 25 feet tall if you let it. Local grower's in Hawaii today can't get away with a 25 foot monster growing anywhere. It would get spotted by the Fed's & Operation Green Harvest in a heart beat. Today, it's all about stealth. A few buddies that I still keep in touch with tell me that everything is different now. Greed and paranoia abounds. This is one of the reasons why most of the old, original Hawaiian strains dont exist anymore, and, if they still do survive, only local's would have knowledge of it and be smoking it. Very little, if any would be exported to the mainland.

Every Island produces different tasting buds. Every Island has different growing conditions, with different amounts of rain and sun, and with slightly different volcanic soil that varies in age. Kaui has the oldest soil, and the Big Island has the youngest. All these factors determine the subtle differences of high grade Hawaiian bud. There are only a small group of connoiseur's that have both the knowledge and the pallate's to be able to discriminate and point out the differences. Great weed is grown all over the world, but if you want to find and smoke the absolute best, most exotic, and sweetest tasting weed on the planet, you have to go to Hawaii to find it. :cool:

Different Hawaiian strains from different grower's had all kinds of weird and whacky names given to them back then. If I were to pick my favorite top Hawaiian strains that I was fortunate to smoke back then, they would be:

Kona Gold
Puna Butter
Maui Wowie
Kaui Electric
Molokai Leper Buds
Haiku Kookoo (Oaho-Windward Side....lidat!)

Here's a couple pic's ( +20 years old ) of some short season stunter's. It was called Haiku Kookoo, and a good buddy use to grow it in his backyard. He told me that it was an African indica strain. He had grown this strain for many years, and it had acclimatized itself to the growing conditions. I remeber his long season plants that he would harvest in late October-early November, would sometime's reach heights of over 12 feet, something that today, would be very risky. Remember, the Fed's will seize your land from you if you are caught growing pakalolo on it. :mad:
Today when I look at these pic's, these plants look more sativa like than indica, looking at the shape of its leaves. It was a very exotic, potent, kick ass weed. It looked like plastic fruit when you squeezed a mature bud, and had a fruity flavor as well.

:wave:

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

Last edited:
G

Now were talkin Squid,

I've got grower friends in Paia, Haiku, and Hana and you are correct there are some killer local strains that are definately not leaving the islands. My friends on the big island also have some nice grow ops also some outdoors and some underground in shipping containers.

They have since grounded the Green Harvest choppers because it was endangering some protected bird over there and the state stepped in and seriously hindered all the DEA's efforts. Plus the "ice" epedemic on the islands has made every body like herb smoking alot more over a bunch of speed heads. They also have a state medical initative in place, so it has gotten real relaxed.

I was looking in Kaupo, Kula or Hana possibly on maui to live but will probably start out in Haiku for a year or so.

I was there a couple of months ago and organic greenhouse grown Diesel was all the craze. There is some Dawg, Mighty Joe Young, and some nice AK47 also oh and one they are calling Mojo Risen that kicked ass.

Me and BG are island bound

Tex

G

Now that's what i call information Rocky Mtn Squid. Thanks for the info in the island, god knows i can't wait for the end of the summer. I'll be over there for about two weeks looking at property and howing to find something on my first trip over to the Big Island. Yup, me and Texas Kid are bound for Hawaii might be in different location, but will be there, and i can't wait. :_

Now, back to the Green Giant. They are seeded very much and i got seed pods all over this crop and really messed this harvest up, i guess you live and learn. They are still putting on some weight but nothing like when they are Sensi. Will see what they look like about the 9th of July. I think i'm going to cut them down on the 9th and get them drying. That should give the about 56 days and there is no need to go any longer since they are seeded. This should give the seeds about five full weeks and they should be good. I'll dry them out also and do a germ test to see how good they are. Next up is going to be a bunch of TrainWreck clones.

63Green_Giant_6-21-med.JPG