What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Giant Grow Ebb&Flo

G

Just thought i would start a thread on the Green Giant clones i'm getting ready to put into one of my Ebb&Flo tables. These are off of two keepers of seeds i got to test for Fet over at Spice Brothers seeds. Pretty good stuff, the best commerical strain i've grown yet and better then the Big Bud i had in the past. These are the two plants that were revegged and used for the mother plants i have now. I'm getting ready to start my first run with clones and should get if not a pound off this strain. Very good yeilder and great high. Here's a few pictures of the seed plants and then the clones that are getting ready to start tomorrow.
Later

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

syko2

Damn that strain looks like akeeper and clones are known for bigger yeild's.

Any more info on that strain?

I'll be taggin' along to see the futur progress

G

Well, here's a picture of the 2x2 under the 400HPS. I got her all full, with a total of 15 5.25" square pots. Couldn't get 16 in because of the fill and drain fittings, but it's no biggy. They will be moved under the 600HPS in the 3x3 next month and should be in that table for 30-45 days. This strain takes about 55-70 days. If you wait till about day 70 you will see a difference in weight. The buds really pump up in the last few days, but it's ok for a harvest at 60days. This should be a good grow, since i've never grown them out in clone form. They should really bring on some weight. Hoping for a pound or more under the 600HPS, but will see.
63GG_15_of_Both-med.JPG

G

Thought i would post some more pictures today of them kicking in high gear. The nodes are tight and they are getting bigger each day. The presex are showing well and budding should be showing nice signs in a week. These are clones from the keepers and are from the same plants as the first pictures post in the beginning of this thread.
Later

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

G

No problem syko2

Morning all, did my rounds after waking up, and let me tell you. These Green Giant's are taking off. All top are even but one and it's catching up. The color is the best yet. Nice and green, not to light and not to dark, but just right. They are doing alot better then the seeds i grew out to get the mothers, and i guess it was because i didn't know what they like for nutz. I'm very happy with these clones and really can't wait to see what i get for a harvest. They will be moved to my larger 3x3 Ebb&Flo table on Monday the 31st. and will be under a new 600HPS Glolux. They should kick into Over drive then.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

G

They are budding now. Noticed the tops today and they are kickin into budding now. They are also growing pretty tall and should stop in about 6-8" more, then they will fill out. They will be in the bigger table this friday, so they have more room and more light. Want that fresh air moving around them. Got the fan on them now, so there isn't any problems. This is the best color i've seen yet from them. They are perfect, wish the pictures were better, but after this crop. I'll have alot better camera, so i can post some awsome pictures on the following run. I love this strain, so easy to grow and packs on the weight and killer high. Thanks again Fet.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

G

Well, They have started to bud pretty good now and should be very hugh in about 7 weeks. Here's a little updated picture, all is well with them. They are sucking up the nutz, and i've been keeping them low. Got the PPM about 660-700 and they are loving it.
Later

63GG_June_1-med.JPG

G

Here's a few pictures of some of the Green Giant outside this year. They are doing well and have been sprayed down with some safe bug spray and soap all over the place. They are doing well, so where put to far under some tree's and might do to well. I also will post some new pictures of the hydo run of clones tonight. I want to make sure i get some good pictures with the lights out. The hydo are do awesome and are getting fater every day.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

G

Thanks, they are doing pretty good. The bugs haven't messed with them nor the deer. We pretty much got the area kept up with bug spray and soap. Here's the Hydro shot like i said i'd post. They are doing well and should be done in about 50-55 days.

63Hydro_GG_6-7-med.JPG

G

Ok, they are getting thicker and I really messed up. Some how pollen made it's way over to this table and now the crop is seeded. I don't know how bad yet, but i'm sure i'm going to have a shit load of Green Giant x Thai crosses. Oh well, live and learn from my mistakes. They are doing well and i'm going to hit them with some Awesome Bloom at the end of the week. I think i'm going to switch over to Awesome Bloom, from my KoolBloom. I think it's better for the plants then a straight chemical. Hope everyone enjoys. They should be done in about 30+ days, but will see by the end of the month.
later
63Green_Giant_6-16a-med.JPG

63Green_Giant_6-16-med.JPG

G

It's not a biggie at all, and the buds are still getting hugh. I don't think i will lose much bud weight from the seeds. This strain is a hugh yielder and it just means, more seeds for me. I think this cross will do very well. Your going to have the large yeild from both the GG and the Thai. A Thai grown fully can yield a few pounds and the GG is pretty good. Shit, i harvested 7 oz dry from four plants that even didn't do to good, so i'm thinking they will be pretty good. The GG has a knock out high and i haven't test this Thai yet, but i'm sure the high from the mix is going to be very killer.

G

6-8" i think. They can get allot bigger and yield alot more. I got some outside and will be taking some pictures this weekend.

2hi2soon

BillyGoat said:
6-8" i think. They can get allot bigger and yield alot more. I got some outside and will be taking some pictures this weekend.

Hmm thats the size I was thinking of - and what do they finish at when done. Sorry for the questions but I looked at a Fem GG growalong you did on CW for Fet that looked very interesting given that the things didn't like a lot of nutes...

I have a Big BudxShiva Shanti cross comeing my way soon (which is Grimms Greens Giant I believe) so thats why I'm interested..

Any help you got here will save my from my usual fecking errors :)

2h2s

G

I don't mind helping at all. There was two different plants if you remember. The first one was one i called my Peter Pan plant. The top of the harvested plant was the size of a Peter Pan jar. The second one was more of a busher but very dense and resiny plant. This one was very good and had nice small buds. The top was also good but didn't yield as much as Peter Pan. The only thing about the Peter Pan plant was it didn't have the resin output of the other plant. It had good resin covering the buds, but not like the other plant. The Peter Pan plant yielded really good and was a little bit leafy. Both plant would finish about the same height. The tops were pretty much even and I had no problem with light height. The finished height was 20-22" and i loved it. I had three odd ball plants not with the main bunch, and they yeilded 7oz dry of good trimmed buds from three short plants. Now to me that's now bad at all. That's 2.33 oz average per.
Good Luck

2hi2soon

Yeah I remember now - Peter Pan :) Yeah :)

I'll have to go back and read the damned thread again. I need these to start at 7, maybe 8 inches and finish at 24 ish. That would be ideal. There are plenty of 'maybe's' that would fit the bill but the high, taste and bag appeal is usually shite with them :(

Your Fem GG on CW gave me some hope :)
Anything changed to affect your opinion of the quality of those things Billy?

2h2s

Latest posts

Latest posts