What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greek Landraces exposed

R

red23

Good stuff red. Looks like those girls are ready to start making some big fat buds.

Cheers SM.:)
Frame out of the way was the last that had to be done
Was getting difficult to move around pots.A bit of moving around I do during the "day" so they get some stretching sideways as well as height gain
Ok the greek gal,didn't want,from the start, to mess around with her to much.Nutrient lockdown,I'm sure I had the same slight problem with my first encounter with a greek sativa.Basically you cannot overfeed them,they are very good at showing you their dislikes in no time
Yeah it's buzzing nicely in here now my friend.Thanks
:)

Night4wings20

Quite mellow that BK can be, is.... helped.....
Did some work.Cleaning, getting rid of that frame,LST etc
Having a nice,I'm on pacific time, joint right now

G'day

G'day mate :)

Glad you're enjoying the BK my friend, something different :)

All the plants will appreciated the work you put in today :)

She like stopped, propably nutrient feed,leaves gone darker.Will continue for a while with just H2O.
I think it's called, nutrient lockdown
Buds will start swelling in a week or two.@2 spliffs out of her now, and seeds.Mustn't forget

Stopped stretching? I don't think she has any nutrient lockout. She looks happy as can be, so probably just stopped the stretch and now (as you said) swelling of the buds is soon upon us :) We're all human my friend, we tend to forget a bit more being stoner humans haha. Write what your plans are so you don't forget :)

R

red23

G'day mate :)

Glad you're enjoying the BK my friend, something different :)

All the plants will appreciated the work you put in today :)

Stopped stretching? I don't think she has any nutrient lockout. She looks happy as can be, so probably just stopped the stretch and now (as you said) swelling of the buds is soon upon us :) We're all human my friend, we tend to forget a bit more being stoner humans haha. Write what your plans are so you don't forget :)
Hi N. because I enjoy smoking, and,I have a feeling that she's been stressed far too much,yes I have the others that are doing just fine
Haven't shown one hair yet ,but coming along nicely
Without a smoke , can't go tripping, sorry travelling

R

red23

Hi N. because I enjoy smoking, and,I have a feeling that she's been stressed far too much,yes I have the others that are doing just fine
One banana, she's out
Had something similar with a Double Allien 18
Greek sativas best outdoors, for my next run

Night4wings20

She doesn't look stressed too me but I'm looking through your camera lens so I can't see how she really looks.

Do you think her flowering time will be extended because of the stress? The others looks nice I agree, they are big so when they do eventually flower and finish you will have a mighty fine harvest on your hands :)

Nooooooo! Maybe next year or if something comes along to help you trip while traveling? :)

R

red23

Don't count her out just yet mate, she's a beautiful plant. It would be a shame if you had to get rid of her :(
Nothing is coming down N.
If something has to go,it must be for a valid reason, and,off course I'll share it.
The same for all my plants

R

red23

Good, had me worried :)
Up in the villages, they take a large, largest you can find glass container, half fill it with soil, and ,turn it sideways.Then they place a seed in the middle and in the sun
Apparently what happens, a plant will grow in there, and will come out as a "ball" of a plant/bud,when you break the jar 4/5/6 months after....Grow and Cob
Glass greenhouse! minimum watering

Attachments

• damitzana-5l.jpg
    damitzana-5l.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 43

Night4wings20

Up in the villages, they take a large, largest you can find glass container, half fill it with soil, and ,turn it sideways.Then they place a seed in the middle and in the sun
Apparently what happens, a plant will grow in there, and will come out as a "ball" of a plant/bud,when you break the jar 4/5/6 months after....Grow and Cob
Glass greenhouse! minimum watering

That's pretty cool mate, the plant would grow into the container and just bush out so I can understand the "ball" description. Plus being so close to the glass the buds would ferment over-time.

That's smart living! :)

R

red23

That's pretty cool mate, the plant would grow into the container and just bush out so I can understand the "ball" description. Plus being so close to the glass the buds would ferment over-time.

That's smart living! :)
How they do that?,and how fascinating!!! A vague description, and ,it felt as if the guy was giving away something top secret, but makes sense
The largest glass container I have found, online,for now 55ltr

Night4wings20

How they do that?,and how fascinating!!! A vague description, and ,it felt as if the guy was giving away something top secret, but makes sense
The largest glass container I have found, online,for now 55ltr

It will be cool to see that in action! :)

R

red23

It will be cool to see that in action! :)
Hi N. :) Have since my last words, be doing some thinking.
Then ,this morning, first cannabis ATM machine installed in Athens
The younger generation, worldwide ,has a golden opportunity to enjoy their own "80s".
My obligation is,to come across a glass jar, with a ball of weed,a few seeds, and, then share

Attachments

• IMG 1602
    IMG 1602
    100.3 KB · Views: 58

Night4wings20

Hi N. :) Have since my last words, be doing some thinking.
Then ,this morning, first cannabis ATM machine installed in Athens
The younger generation, worldwide ,has a golden opportunity to enjoy their own "80s".
My obligation is,to come across a glass jar, with a ball of weed,a few seeds, and, then share

Hello Red :)
What were you thinking about?
Wow that's awesome! I wouldn't include us Australians in that worldwide part since we're so far behind in legalization. I will however also agree with you on that part since I dare say it's never been easier to get cannabis genetics anywhere worldwide :)

I was thinking last night red about the jar method and I've come up with a problem that might occur. Mold. I think mold will be an issue in the jar if there is

A. Too much oxygen/bad bacteria could turn into mold

B. Not enough oxygen/air circulation around the buds

What are your thoughts on this issue? :)

R

red23

Wow that's awesome! I wouldn't include us Australians in that worldwide part since we're so far behind in legalization. I will however also agree with you on that part since I dare say it's never been easier to get cannabis genetics anywhere worldwide :)

I was thinking last night red about the jar method and I've come up with a problem that might occur. Mold. I think mold will be an issue in the jar if there is

I was thinking how, if possible to get some travelling in, whilst the ball is rolling...........
Questions ,like the jar method(it works,I just do not have all the info) ,old school cob techniques etc needs to happen now
Seem that the "atmosphere" is right for some day tripping, or two.Meeting people

R

red23

So a 55ltr glass one with an extra hole for a tap........?

Night4wings20

I was thinking how, if possible to get some travelling in, whilst the ball is rolling...........
Questions ,like the jar method(it works,I just do not have all the info) ,old school cob techniques etc needs to happen now
Seem that the "atmosphere" is right for some day tripping, or two.Meeting people

Learning how to cob or ferment in different ways is indeed an exciting prospect for travel plus what ever else you can find along the way :) Seeds, bud, information on different strains or different styles of fermentation :)

So a 55ltr glass one with an extra hole for a tap........?

If you could put a hole in the top side of the jar for ventilation or do you think a plant could survive with the jar completely sealed off?

R

red23

Learning how to cob or ferment in different ways is indeed an exciting prospect for travel plus what ever else you can find along the way :) Seeds, bud, information on different strains or different styles of fermentation :)

If you could put a hole in the top side of the jar for ventilation or do you think a plant could survive with the jar completely sealed off?

Too much thinking!!!
G'day N.:)
Don't think the jar needs a second hole.
It acts like a lung.Daytime build up of heat/moisture, air out
followed by nighttime low temps when air will be sucked in through the one hole by the plant.Dom created by glass,keeps growth of the upper half of the plant,"mechanically" bonsai like in there
I've been out and about a bit lately ,with a few questions
Got an unexpected result yesterday, still picking from the BK jar:)
There is a purple greek landrace sativa(pheno?),and, can be found around Highland red habitat, forrest,mountains ..........it exists

Attachments

• IMG_2012.jpg
    IMG_2012.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 46

Night4wings20

Too much thinking!!!
G'day N.:)
Don't think the jar needs a second hole.
It acts like a lung.Daytime build up of heat/moisture, air out
followed by nighttime low temps when air will be sucked in through the one hole by the plant.Dom created by glass,keeps growth of the upper half of the plant,"mechanically" bonsai like in there
I've been out and about a bit lately ,with a few questions
Got an unexpected result yesterday, still picking from the BK jar:)
There is a purple greek landrace sativa(pheno?),and, can be found around Highland red habitat, forrest,mountains ..........it exists

Very interesting, so the jar stays closed for the day and open at night to let the cool air in and with the small container the plant doesn't over-grow per-say. Basically anyway :)

Are both those jars BK? That's a decent amount of weed in those jars.

Off you go to the mountains then! :)

Latest posts

Latest posts