What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greek Landraces exposed

R

red23

We might get a reaction with this greek gal
:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_9953.jpg
    IMG_9953.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9955.jpg
    IMG_9955.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 91
R

red23

Agreed :) Lovely looking buds are they Afghani?

Mmmmm those buds look mighty frosty. The 1st photo makes the hairs look red, very nice contrast agaisn't the green of the calyxes :)
Afgani yes N. Took a couple of runs, from what I've told, to get it to this!
But doesn't make economical sense, even under the sun, since quantity is ok.Off course a jar in the cabinet nicely cured, is always welcome
:)
Well that greek one, comes with an incensy aroma, I personally haven't found in any other bud of any kind

R

red23

But doesn't make economical sense, even under the sun, since quantity is ok.Off course a jar in the cabinet nicely cured, is always welcome
Well that greek one, comes with an incensy aroma, I personally haven't found in any other bud of any kind
This greek strain,is probably the one with a purple pheno
?

Night4wings20

Very frosty buds :)
They're always a welcome part of my garden, nice change from the sativa high's.
My 90's strain has a incense/sandalwood pheno in it, i don't know how it compares to your highland strain but it's very nice :)

This greek strain,is probably the one with a purple pheno

?

Perhaps? We will see with others growing it out for sure :)

Night4wings20

Picked a "banana" from top bit........
I'm not surprised..... I'll see how it goes N.

Damnit another hermie, at least this one is mostly female to look on the brighter side of things.
Hopefully you can get something worthwhile out of her still my friend, it's a shame but we can only do with what we have :)

R

red23

Damnit another hermie, at least this one is mostly female to look on the brighter side of things.
Hopefully you can get something worthwhile out of her still my friend, it's a shame but we can only do with what we have :)

Don't worry
Be happy

R

red23

Think I might be getting some greek cobbed sativa, and hopefully some info on the method
Lady ,has been stressed from day one N.
Had a few days ,which I didn't mention, thought she will come through, where due to extreme winter conditions December/January, had in number 3/4 days with no electricity!Room temperatures dropping to as low as 10C? and no air circulation (longest stretch with no el. 14 hrs)
The good news........at least on set of highland seeds got their beautiful new environment

Night4wings20

You could make oil out of this greek lady to get the most out of her or maybe some hashish? Depending on the female/male flower ratio.

returnhome

finally, a good thread on landrace greek business!

I have been through so many names on here but I am back again and happy to see people popping true genes. I am running a few this year as well. I acquired the seeds after last season...went through so many pitfalls trying to find what I considered worthy.

4 different kalamata seeds (various locations, kyp., a red that from calo nero, a weird sativa from up near the lida falls, and a more stout thin leaved weirdo from more inland..much)

2 different varieties of a dark (possibly albanian landrace but not sure) from the arachova area.

I am running a bunch of other weirdos but thats all from greece this time.

I am greek but hail from the states and its good to finally return home. I have spent so many years hunting here that it wasnt until that couple years people began becoming much more comfortable sharing their knowledge and history through seed. Much love. Hope to share the results.

SIDENOTE: Every bean I pop from the kalamata region is viable but the are so fucking small they can get damaged. Anyone else noticed the size of beans from that area?

vermontman

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KALAMATA RED SATIVA[/FONT]?

Shout out to Red! Hope you are OK Has any one heard if he is good?
He sent these seeds to me a couple months ago, then just seemed to drop off of here.
I popped two on paper towels several days ago, and one of the two popped.
So today I dropped the rest of the batch on towels fingers crossed!

He had said these came from a farther and son growing these but not possitive if these are the red or the green? Anyone following this thread and knows Red more about his well being and more information on these?

Attachments

• KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 001.jpg
    KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 001.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 87
  • KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 009.jpg
    KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 009.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 85
  • KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 016.jpg
    KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 016.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 88
D

DNM1

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KALAMATA RED SATIVA[/FONT]?

Shout out to Red! Hope you are OK Has any one heard if he is good?
He sent these seeds to me a couple months ago, then just seemed to drop off of here.
I popped two on paper towels several days ago, and one of the two popped.
So today I dropped the rest of the batch on towels fingers crossed!

He had said these came from a farther and son growing these but not possitive if these are the red or the green? Anyone following this thread and knows Red more about his well being and more information on these?
Hi V. Back under DNM1 :)
Had a little break,saw you did good with these girls.
They are Red Highland Greek Landrace.
The strain will include red,green phenotypes.
Do get in touch,would like to hear from you my friend

Attachments

• IMG_6641.jpg
    IMG_6641.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 89