• The Clash

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • The Velvet Underground

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
G

Well Mr. Mustard,

Well Mr. Mustard,

... If I said that you voted for the Beatles, would I need to retrieve some paper towells to wipe any egg off of my face??

Frankly, and I haven't voted yet because of it, don't you think that Carlos will be hurt by not being included in that list??

Next to Johnny Prine, I've seen few folks enjoy performing SO much. Perhaps even enjoying his time on stage more than the audience enjoyed being there, though they seemed pretty animated too.

Samba Pa Ti still simultaneously brings tears and rejuvenation when I hear it.

I guess that in the absence of Carlos, I'd have to go with Pink Floyd.

Regards,

moose eater :wave:

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I had to go with Pink Floyd. Seeing them live during their Dark Side of the Moon tour is closely intertwined with the beginnning of my love affair with Maryjane :D

G

Jimi Hendirx Band of Gypsys

Jimi Hendrix-Guitar and lead vocal
Billy Cox-Bass and back up vocal
Buddy Miles-Drums , back up and lead vocal in some songs

Listen to Machine Gun New Years 69-70 at filmore.

Nevermind

Nevermind

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That's a good recording Alex. I like the part where Jimi sends thoughts to soldiers everywhere.... and then says "Oh yeah, and everyone fighting over there in Vietnam, too!" :D

G

mean mr.mustard said:
That's a good recording Alex. I like the part where Jimi sends thoughts to soldiers everywhere.... and then says "Oh yeah, and everyone fighting over there in Vietnam, too!" :D

Yeah to all the soldiers in Miluwakkee , detroit and oh yeah Vietnam. Between that set and the woodstock set, Hendrix made the best music. On woodstock listen to Voodoo child/Stepping stone followed by Star spangled banner then floowed by Purple Haze!! Shit will knock you off your chair.

Nevermind

left hemi

that list is just sooo makle dominated. surely melissa (an mmj user) deserves mention. I've seen floyd, I've seen the dead, I've seen the boss (another gross omission) but in terms of just sustained raw good energy coming off the stage, melissa compares favorably with bruce and the e street band, and Meatloaf, and what about fleetwood mac?

greenhit

Ok no flames please, :)
The Beatles #1 - Prove me wrong, 99% of their songs are great.
2-5 - 2nd guitarist Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Roger Waters Pink Floyd.
Notes, Grateful Dead - pretty much Jerry carried the load.
U2 - Get real people, Bono should take those glasses off and the guitarist
that beanie off.
Janis was the real thing though, but troubled. :)

-green

G

no Bob Dylan? Denied?

From that list, hard to pick one, but if i must then i must..

The Who! :woohoo:

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
They were all good. The thing is I like buds more than concerts. The Grateful Dead were the BIGGEST OPEN AIR CANNABIS GENETICS EXCHANGE in history. Diesel and Chem dog can trace their roots to the Dead scene or so I've heard. Music only? Well then the Stones, Beatles, Hendrix, Who. Listen to Quadrophenia after puffing. Unreal.
http://www.quadrophenia.net/