• The Velvet Underground

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Very difficult to decide...

Very difficult to decide...

I voted for The Doors. I just love the raw power and emotion.

I was considering between:

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Who
The Doors

There were several bands I didn't see that I thought would have made the list too. How about:

Rush
Phish
Motley Crue
Kiss
AC/DC

And if Nirvana made the list then we should consider

Alice In Chains
Jane's Addiction

But those are getting more recent.

GreatLakes THC

lesterlong

i had to go with the stones. i love most of the bands on the list, especially the doors and pink floyd but 40+ years and still going strong makes it hard to beat the stones

G

I could never pick a favorite, but here's a few.

Yes
Genesis (early stuff)
Jethro Tull
Pink Floyd
Rush
Jefferson Airplane

...and in a completely different vein:

George Jones....

greenhit-You forgot a bassist. Throw in the Ox. I would rather hear Bob sing than Elvis (no offense spankin although they could Harmonize well together). Mines not on the list but has been mentioned. Black Sabbath. King Crimson ran a close second. Both Innovators well before their time. I voted for the Doors for an "on the list" group. On that Heavenly Jam I believe Randy Rhodes should be in there hammerin on and pullin off with those ever so fast fingers. Zappa was a phenomenal guitarist as well as a composer/singer. He even rapped on Freak Out circa 66(?). Who's holding YOUR pickle? Is it Suzy Cream Cheese? Or Dyna Moe's sister? Maybe a horny little Jewish Princess or a Catholic Girl. I'm headed to Montana soon. Gonna be a dental floss tycoon. Wow I just came up with like 9 ideas for the Favorite Lyrics thread. Starting with "I am the Slime". How did that start again? (As Herb smacks his forehead trying to get the 2 remaining cells to stop fighting)I am Gross and perverted Obsessed and deranged? Yeah that's it.

Last edited:
G

What? where's....

What? where's....

The Allman Brothers Band....

They didn't even make the list?

Hybrid

^^^^^^^Very True^^^^^^^^
I would have like too have added many others like.

Metallica
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
REM
AC/DC
ZZ TOP
Pearl Jam
KISS
Parliament
Eric Clapton
Frank Zappa
Elvis
The Byrds
The Band
CCR
etc.

G

. I would rather hear Bob sing than Elvis (no offense spankin although they could Harmonize well together).

heh heh........none taken, Herb. I'm not a big fan of Elvis. The guitar player in my bros band used to say he was "Spankin' Elvis" when he was crankin' power chords. Thus the name.

Let me add one to my list:

Steve Hackett : former guitar player for Genesis in those early days. Has more than 20 solo efforts out.....all great.....and I highly recommend the DVD "Live in South America". This boy can play guitar.

Glad you cleared that up. You don't want to know what I thought it meant. A lot of people don't know about the "Gabriel" days with Genesis and that Mike (Menzer??) isn't the original Guit Fiddle player. Here's some trivia. Who was Fleetwood Macs original guitarist (long before the girls and Lindsey Buckingham were in it)??

Last edited:
G

Can't remember their first guitar players name.....he was only on Trespass if I'm not mistaken. Steve first appeared on their next effort, Nursery Chryme and stuck with them till Wind and Wuthering. 9 lps total, I think.
Peter auditioned 40 players. Steve was #41 and they looked no further. He's superb.

G

ooops sorry..........I'm not up on Fleetwood Mac.......I have no clue.

Peter Greene. Very unlike the Mac everyone is familiar with. They had a 20+ minute song called Rattle Snake Shake. That song helped form another good "Not on the List" band. Any clue which one?

Last edited:
G

heh......I can't remember?........if I ever knew. The name sounds familiar though. Clue me in, man, my brain hurts with all this thinkin'. LOL!

Aerosmith. Steve saw Joe doing a Rattle Snake Shake cover with his OLD crew at some cheesy dive. He liked what he heard and snatched him up.

Hybrid sorry about bullshittin on your thread/poll. spankin and I turned this into "How to Hijack a thread 101". It spurred memories I thought were lost forever. Let me know if you want me to delete some of this stoner crap OK?

G

I'll be damned.........Aerosmith. I knew I'd heard of him.

Yeah....sorry 'bout the mess, hybrid. :D

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
nobodys mentioned Alice Cooper!! I have all his records. Anybody watch "welcome to my nightmare " on the midnight special. (I think it was on the midnight special anyways:p ) Even his album cover were were done. I still have my billion dollor bill.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

I saw Frank Zappa in concertin about 84-85--strangest show Ive ever been to. I dont know, maybe it was just real good pot ,but nobody seemed to show any emotion or entusiasm(sp) just up walking around and smoking weed:confused: anyone else been to a Zappa concert.

The Beatles are kinda in a league of thier own. Thier music inspires most of my artwork.

Last edited:
Mrs. Weedman is a huge Cooper fan. His lineup changes almost every tour/album though and of the 3 times I've seen the "Show" it hasn't quite produced the same groove. And he let Kip play the bass once didn't he? That has to deduct points. He gave himself a hard time for that bone head move. Said Kip was a whiny spoiled rich kid and a mediocre bassist. But he needed one so there you have it. What happened to Kane Roberts on guitar? That hulk could lay down some riffs. Thanks. Now I can't get Billion Dollar Babies outta my head. Don't get me wrong. Alice is a great show. I was just poking some fun. He got better after he kicked the booze.