• CSNY/Neil Young

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • The Clash

• The Velvet Underground

• Total voters

Hybrid

No worries Herb, Spankin E thats what this thread is all about BSing about the music we all love and grew up with.

Right on. Just trying to respect your thread. You know how I can get wound up sometimes. Peace Herb (P.S. No beef on that other difference of opinion eh? As Herb extends the MJ branch)

doobius

Im voting The Who, thats my alltime fav, pete townshend is a genius :)

damn, cant believe im the only one who thinks this... guess my tastes are unusual...

i figure led zep or beatles will win heh

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
well i voted for the dead, and here's why.
i considered the question..... greatest rock BAND
now when i see the word band i'm thinking .... collective of musicians.
so which group in my opinion had the greatest musical prowess collectively?
jerry garcia
bob weir
phil lesh
mickey hart
bill kreutzmann
well, too many keyboardists to pick one here but i'll say that my fav was brent mydland

when i look at the rest i see no comparison on that level.
zeppelin- one of the greateast drummers and guitarists ever..... beyond that not much. dont get me wrong, i love plant but he doesnt play any instruments exceptionally well. zeppelin is among my favorites though.

the beatles- i LOVE the beatles, but i dont consider them to be the best musicians. instrumentally that is. they made some damn beautiful music though. great songwriting

the dead spawned a whole new genre of music and encompassed so many aspects of musical culture that i just dont see another BAND that can really compare

just my very humble opinion

Dr. D

Veteran
Hard choice

Hard choice

Well im still pretty young and the only ones on the list i reallykno r the beatles pink floyd the doors and bob marley which i dont class as rock ( bob that is) the one i enjoy and listen tomost has to b pink floyd so that is my vote. peace

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
this is one thread that you won't see me disagree with anyone.... i love music in a huge way ~ it's wonderful to see everyone posting their favs... i really dig it. :bashhead: wait... that's not right it's banghead not bash it.... heh :headbange ========> later gator :Bolt: ========>

amsterdame

Right on, THCeasar! Pink Floyd rule.

Ahh, what nostalgia. When I was a wee lass I saw their DSOTM concert in Boston and it totally blew my mind. What an ecstatic sonic spiritual experience! It still ranks as the best concert experience ever for me.

Then a few years later, I'm kicking back one day after work lighting up and listening to DSOTM and there comes a knock at my door. I answered it and ended up getting a free ride to the police station. It was so surreal. I found some comfort in the fact that my favorite album of all time was playing as I was being busted. Haha, who says the universe doesn't have a perverse sense of humor? :p

Anywho, they're still my favorite R&R band and always bring a :biggrin: to my face.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Dark Side....

Dark Side....

OH MAN ! A. Dame that sucks ( gettin busted ) after that it was like WELCOME TO THE MACHINE.... hehe couldn't rezist... been there myself.... but ya learn eh ?

fallenangel

lol ..!!!! its such a "NICE " song ... hey zep did you see that they realesed that page and plant dvd remixed to 5.1 and with a couple of extra tracks.. i think im off to best buy today !!!

fallenangel

yeah i have to get that today ...think ll put in "how the west was won" in the meantime.. it is only 9:30 here and i just woke up ...

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
well a very good mornin'

well a very good mornin'

how the west was won.... right on ~ the version of nobody's fault is so damn good.... bonzo is crazy good ~

fallenangel

man their all good .. hey this is my 50th post!!!!!!! i can join in the seedbay contest fun now !!!! woooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!