What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gravity and other known carcinogens

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I'm aiding and abetting now?

We are all safe from paclo because of a stop sale on a few chosen products?

All I'm saying is that regulation in this regard does not work..it never has..and it never will. These types of products are still available and will continue to be so under various names/brands. The consumer will never get a full disclosure label on the cannabis they consume and should grow their own if they want to ensure otherwise.

But to prohibit a store from selling something entirely because of what someone else may do with it. Nah dude, cant get on board with that.
What about the people who DO want to use them on ornamentals and other plants? Its the retailer's job to be policing the ultimate destination/use/and purpose of a product they sell? Get real.

Like I said.. regulation doesn't work. There are better ways to go about this. I'd say the responsibility or service provided of the dispensary or whomever is supplying medical cannabis... ..but a retailer/manufacturer selling products for a myriad of plants? Thats stupid.

Not sure why you felt the need to judge my moral principals as if you have any fucking clue as to the morality I live by. Get lost. -Flower

C

CT Guy

Just an update. Was in a different hydro shop today and the owner said the dept of ag came in there as well and made him sign some docs and take gravity off the shelf. He was able to keep "bush load" or something like that because the labeling on the front clearly stated "for ornamental plants only". Funny thing is, he hasn't visited my shop. Not that it matters cause I would never sell that crap no matter what profit I might make.

To each their own, my goal with this thread was just to remind folks of why we grow and that when you go in a dispensary you don't know what you're getting.
The owner said he sells a ton of eagle 20 and avid too. I'd rather take my chances eating at McDonalds everyday.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
You know I get both sides of the argument but the only way to truly regulate something like this is government and that is the last regulatory agency I want policing marijuana so before it happens lets get some self responsibility and know what were are buying, or do our research and grow our own.

Last time I checked, the government is pushing GMO crops and dumping round up on them which in turn you feed to your family.

Its funny how people only worry about what they are told and taught to worry about.

If life was only so easy folks. Id take a little carcinogen every now and then over a population drinking fluoride and chlorine and consuming genetically modified organisms and being told its good and okay for you.......

Boooogy woo woo...someone better save me from gravity...lol...sorry folks but honestly, no one gives a shit about your health at the end of the day (especially if their is money involved) so if you don't want the stuff in your body, you know that thing only you are responsible for, then you better do your research and know what is going on. Plain and simple. Joe Shmoe, organic whatever, uncle same, will all exploit you to the fullest to make a buck. Never, ever, trust someone else to honestly care about your individual health. That is just not how the cookie crumbles just like college grads dont make 60k upon graduating....lets be realistic.

Lets all go grab some pickets, and walk around circles in front of hydro stores, waving protest signs, and demand the FDA step in and save us from Humboltcounty Gravtiy. I bet that would do it because they are truly out for your own good. "Humboldt County Gravity, FDA approved....ohh whats that, and it contains fluoride, chlorine, and GMOs, but dont worry no carcinogens.....HOOORAY RAY!!!! My teeth are gonna be so strong from the fluoride, my weed will be so sterile from the chlorine, and fuck, I dont even know what those GMOs will do but I know I like'em because thats what Im taught in school, I read in books, and am told my whole life....yippie!!!!..:woohoo:...K, I'll go back to sleep now...zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

Scrappy4

Veteran
Thanks for this thread CT Guy. What we do with this info is up to us and our conscience but the corrupting influence of money in what is supposed to be medicine is troubling on any level. I'd love to see jail time for those under the counter sales, or better yet make them drink the shit........scrappy

h.h.

Veteran
As a consumer in search of the perfect apple or the perfect bud. this is what we get.When we learn to expect different, then we will get different.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
"Hey, Billy Bob - what's a carcinogen anyway?"

"It's like doggie puppy batter - makes our dope stank & dank!"

white-trash-rebels.jpg

h.h.

Veteran
No whiskey for the dog?

Marijuana will give ya brain cancer, ask Paul Harvey. Regulations can suck. Politics plays a big part. Ask Nixon. We've been in the shadows to long to blindly accept the government's word for anything. Breaking unjust laws is an American tradition. Poisoning consumers is another one. Somewhere there is a middle ground that we struggle to find, all the while resisting the temptation to harm those who would harm us for profit. We trade revolutions for regulations. I'm not sure which one is better.

h.h.

Veteran
i have been trying to explain this to the people in my area for years...
they don't understand...
There is no market in California. It was a gold rush, but now everybody is growing. My neighbor, my neighbor's neighbor...Other than a few plants to play with, I've stopped growing. Somebody is always giving me weed. Instead, I grow a garden and give them tomatoes. Even the shitty growers are showing expertise. We've gone through the trends.
Odds are what they are getting isn't from California at all. I'm guessing it's the shit the cartels used to bring us. Now you're getting it. At least your friends are.
Just don't blame us out here. It's just another case of mistaken identity.:tiphat:

bigbag

Veteran
have heard that 120 days after applicating Eagle 20 / Nova, lab test will find 0 ppm, residual. so if u hit a mother plant, or early in veg, u wont b consuming any fungi or fungicide ;)

Scrappy4

Veteran
have heard that 120 days after applicating Eagle 20 / Nova, lab test will find 0 ppm, residual. so if u hit a mother plant, or early in veg, u wont b consuming any fungi or fungicide ;)

Are you willing to bet someone's health on what you heard? We have alternatives to chemical poisons, no need to get all chemically on herbs we consume, IMHO...scrappy

^^^^^
It was simply a matter of time before this wisdom was shared with all of us. Ever "hear" of believing none of what ya "hear" and half of what you "see"??
Might as well go huff some gasoline...I hear it's organic cuz' it comes from the Earth.

pyromnd

funny you bring this up. I just traded a unused bottle of gravity for some humboldt master A&B. I dont care to pass on crap to customers, but thats me, cus i dont want that shit passed to me. As for the hydro shops, they arnt there to keep people from buying a product. Hydro stores and just the marijuana food store. Other people use them for other plants, ornimental or not. Yes alot of people go to the shops for mj, but just remember, they are in the hydro/growing buisness, not the weed growing buisness.

h.h.

Veteran
Yeah, they're making a fortune pushing cabbages and gladiolas...They're in the weed business.