What's new

Grapefruit Fly Test Thread

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its been a week or a hair less since the last pics so I got a few more tonight.
They got their first strong feeding at 500ppm about 6 days ago. they seemed to like it and just got another. i noticed the runoff was down at 5.6, so they got fed at 7.0. they'll be uppotted asap so that should stop the pH swings.
They are still under a 115w CFL, and the nodes are still pretty darn tight. Should be even better under higher wattage, soon come.
here's the pics:

Grapefruit Fly
:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Have a great week everybody!
RM

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn all these cobwebs and dust. I guess I'll spruce it up anyway!

Here's shots of the Grapefruit Fly from last night. They are pushing a few roots out of their new soil so they should start kicking it real soon.
Half the plants are showing female like preflowers but only one has shown a pistil so far. None like like nuts so far.
That reminds me.
I will be culling any males unless they are outrageous. I got my hands full with five of em right now, so I cant juggle any more at this point. Its going to be ladies only.:joint:

Grapefruit Fly
35 days from soaking
:

GF #1:
picture.php

picture.php

GF #2:

GF #3:

GF #4:

GF #5
:

GF #6:

GF #7:

GF #8:

No patience right now to get proper macros, but these girls are very resinous, globular trichs all over the fans and nodes. Those crystal balls speak of the future! Much respect to ya Mosca!
RM

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great RM, nice tight node spacings

mels have cracked and starting to show tails, this will be good she can use your grow as a reference guide

stay safe
peace

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks SHaun, its the genes! THey were huddled under a single 105 watt cfl until about 5 days ago so its all their doing (and Mosca's:smoke:!)
Its sure going to be fun having 2 GF Fly tests going on at the same time. Folks will really get a feel for what she can do that way, plus they will get to watch me get my ass whooped by a girl!:yoinks: LOL!
Congrats and much respect on the test grow Mell!
RM

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going to let her use the 1000w light for this grow, it should make things interesting hopefully nice chunky big buds hehe

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time again for the weekly GRapefruit Fly update.
Plants are finally rooting into their 1 3/4 gallon pots and taking off. I have only found one male so far, #1. Most have preflowers looking very ladylike and a couple are definitely girls so far. I'm noticing two different calyx varietions in these. one is a standard looking calyx the other has a seem or line down the center of the calyx.

Any hints on how much these will stretch Mosca?

Here they are as of 10/27:

picture.php

picture.php

GF#2:
picture.php

picture.php

GF Fly #1 (male):

GF Fly #2:

GF Fly #3:

GF Fly #4:

GF Fly #5:

GF Fly #6:

GF Fly #7:

GF Fly #8:

All for now, take care folks!
RM

S

Seismic

Looking nice and healthy bro, cool news about getting a good amount of fems, I am sure you will find a tasty keeper in there. Take care bro.:joint::respect:

M

mosca negra

First RM, your Grapefruit Flys are looking very healthy! Fine growing skillz you got there man. The Grapefruit Flys are very aggressive growing plants with strong branching and big healthy buds. You will see larger plants 1-2 meters tall with long branches that fill-in with big cola. Strong Grapefruit smell and aroma and a deep heavy indica type high. Yields are big on these gals fo sho! 6-8 zips dry when grown properly.

Big thumbs up!

MOsca

tokinblackguy

looking super good RM, can't wait to see em in bloom! you obviously know your stuff bro. gotta get me some of those square pots, i bet they save a lot of space.

M

mosca negra

TBG- Square pots are very useful to conserve floor space for sure! I have been using very tall square pots that are normally used for trees (i.e. Pine trees, etc.) with Excellent results. Very nice deep roots that develop into a solid root system for BIG buds!

Anyhoo, great thread and pics RM! Let us know which ones turn out to be gals...

Salute,

MOsca

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've tried lots of different pots but the square ones work great in tight spaces.
tall pots like you mention, mosca would be great! The one in the pic are a bit shy of 2 gallons. 16 can fit perfectly in a small tent(32"x32"). You could fit 9 square pots of 2 2/3 gallons in the same space. Handy for sure!

The GF flies were slow to adjust to their bigger pots with heavier organically amended soil but they are loving it now. I have only found two males so far. one I pulled, poor thing.:joint: the other is in limbo and might get to spill a bit, we'll see. I think i'll get 6 females/ 2 males out of these.
Due to unforseen circumstances beyond my control i had to put these into flower tonight. depending on the tale the rootballs tell i may flower in the 2 gall pots but will at least move the larger ones to 3 gallons really quick here. they are in tight tents so it will be interesting to flower at 12-18". Height doesnt seem a friend in these small tents, so it might work out well. they wont be topped or bent just straight up. Should i expect much stretch flowered so short? They will likely be under 1k by the next update.
Happy halloween folks!:witch:
RM

Last edited:

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Howdy! Here is this weeks update onMosca's Grapefruit Fly.
We are 2 days into 12/12 and all of the plants have been sexed now.
6 females and 2 males. i culled one of the males and still have the other male which has been in flower for 5 days. The females are pushing sidebranches out faster now, this should be fun! I didnt have time to pull the plants out so the pics are a bit different this time around.
Here ya go!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RM:smoke:

S

Seismic

Looking great dude, nice and healthy. Not to mention a great canopy, those girls look happy in there:joint:

M

mosca negra

Looking really healthy RM! But how come that doesn't surprise me?

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Mosca! Just a little addition to the update, some pics of the male i haven't culled. I am not able to clone these, so I'm going to let the male get a little bit of play and do a small targeted pollination. here are some pics:

have a great weekend,
RM

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here we are again in the Grapefruit Fly test thread.:rasta:
Well its sunny here in the test thread today, temperature of 79 degrees with a light breeze. Got some pics here today fresh in for you. grapefuit fly at 8 days of 12/12.
Have a good one folks.
RM

picture.php

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
lookin good RM.....what are they about 14" now? They should make some nice colas when all is said and done. Will u be pollinating all of the girls or just select branches on them? Keep up the green thumb ;)

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm just going to hit a few lowers on these. the front row is about 14" high from soil line. the back row is more like 24" now. i'm hoping for some nice tops as well on these! thanks for dropping in Irie!
RM

Latest posts

Latest posts