What's new

Grapefruit Fly Test Thread

thinman

doesn't sound like the potency or duration i'm looking for, and i'm sorry to hear that the flavors are subtle compared to bold. these were going to be the next seeds i pop, and i was very excited by RM's pictures, but these reports leave me thinking this is average, possibly below average, smoke.....so the hunt goes on for me. thanks for the honest report, Seismic. seems like the best part of these samples was their appearance. i bought 3 packs based on RM's pictures alone. its always a gamble buying seeds. this is another case that proves "you can't judge a book by its cover"...

M

mosca negra

Thinman- Let me start by saying genetics are only one part of the equation when growing out seeds. Environment, nutrition, etc also play a big role. I believe RM did a fine job in growing out the Grapefruit Fly. But, you should still pop your Grapefruit Fly seeds Thinman.

I have grown many of these same seeds out myself and find the flavors and aromas really come through with a good cure of 1-2 months. Also, the chemical changes the THC undergoes during this cure brings out the potency quite favorably! There is a huge difference between a fast dried bud and a properly cured one, IMVHO. Patience is a virtue...

Mosca

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
wow to buy and then not pop cos an early puff report, It is like puttin it the wife and saying ohh wait i had this before im not going to finish cos i know what it feels like already... Grow the weed let it cure then see if its still not to your liking.. Im sure RetardMotA will say different in over a few weeks... peace and puffs

sackO

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont really get the buyer remorse without finding out for oneself if they like it or not. I dont think the reports frown on the herb either. My opinion is stated here and in the grow report but I'll speak a few thoughts once more.
I screwed these plants up with my soil mix and never got them right. You may say, heck they look darn fine to me but as a grower of many years, I know when I did a good job growing a plant, the root balls dont lie.I credit the genetics for the plants turning out as well as they did even with my low porosity mix, thin roots, and high pH issues.
High yielding, quick finishing, easy growing, low odor strain with excellent bag appeal with a brightening high. Sounds good to me!
This isn't going to be a pass you out couchlock herb anyway. C99 and grapefruit? come on! I would assume anyone interested in this cross would be looking for a brighter active high like it offers.I'm going to puff some right now as a matter of fact!
RM:blowbubbles:
I looked back at the strain descriptions and I think she matches the description very well and the finishing times given were generous and actually earlier. At any rate, I saw pics of the purple pheno you found and wow is she pretty!
Thanks again Mosca!

S

Seismic

I dont really get the buyer remorse without finding out for oneself if they like it or not. I dont think the reports frown on the herb either. My opinion is stated here and in the grow report but I'll speak a few thoughts once more.
I screwed these plants up with my soil mix and never got them right. You may say, heck they look darn fine to me but as a grower of many years, I know when I did a good job growing a plant, the root balls dont lie.I credit the genetics for the plants turning out as well as they did even with my low porosity mix, thin roots, and high pH issues.
High yielding, quick finishing, easy growing, low odor strain with excellent bag appeal with a brightening high. Sounds good to me!
This isn't going to be a pass you out couchlock herb anyway. C99 and grapefruit? come on! I would assume anyone interested in this cross would be looking for a brighter active high like it offers.I'm going to puff some right now as a matter of fact!
RM:blowbubbles:
I looked back at the strain descriptions and I think she matches the description very well and the finishing times given were generous and actually earlier. At any rate, I saw pics of the purple pheno you found and wow is she pretty!
Thanks again Mosca!

:yeahthats

What effects some people some way, might not necessarily effect someone else the same way. It may very well be some of the best smoke you will grow out, for yourself that is, but the only way you will know, is to give it a shot and grow it out. At least a few seeds, before you dismiss the strain. Just my opinion.

:plant grow:

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
Fantastic smoke report Seismic...and great finish RM...love the look and sound of pheno 1 the most:)
Peace.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
beautiful pics... forgive me if this has been asked before... i understand that C99 was originally a phenotype of grapefruit... so in other words Grapefruit Fly is not an F1 hybrid?

Latest posts

Latest posts