What's new

Grape Ape

TheArchitect

Veteran
3.5 week veg in my rdwc gets me 5oz ape plants, I love the nugs too, like frickin golf balls. The GDP next to them (same veg) yielded over 9oz a piece.

I'm not sure if the GDP I have is the gran daddy purp, or gross domestic product, I'm leaning toward product because of the mega yield and it turns more of a lavender, and to even get that I had to drop the temps into the 60s.

I made some dry sift hash, out of some ape trim, with my silkscreen, the flavor is so intense, and it just sticks to your mouth...

UsualSuspect

Veteran
63 days getting chopped today

63 days getting chopped today

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Merry Christmas from the East Coast

Merry Christmas from the East Coast

Thanks For the kind words

Temps are 65 night-77 day I believe to the real deal purples it doesnt take low day temps for color to come through to the fullest extent. I have ran strains where the day temps have to be in the low 70s for any color to come, these strains %95 were mediocre. This Grape Ape will turn this same colors at 85 degrees during the day its just in her bones.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

azez

Veteran
Philis is at 17 days from root

Philis is at 17 days from root

here she is gona be my new mama
hope she is here for good this time

Think she's ready for transplant from solo to 2 gallon smart pot

Happy new year to all &
Peace
ez

azez

Veteran
philis keeps going

philis keeps going

Shes doing great gona take her out of the 1000 hps and under t-5s next week cuz ive got to flip my other girls
peace
Ez

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hmm Ez you been holdin out man,,.you got the Ape now?....
very curious on her as shes the gap between a few for me..tried in that GAxJTR hyb long ago but no real GApe phenoms as the JTR blurred it badly..
hope your doin well vato...feed those purps well..they eat like fat chicks....
hit me up when ya get bored...keep rollin
FOE20

ijumpbones

Hmmm.... After seeing all of this... It sounds like something I got in Canada a while back called the Scherbatsky. I am pretty sure it got it's name from HIMYM.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Bs on the light color... Ape has to be one of the darkest purples I have ever smoked... Its almost black. Tastes like grape candy and holds a heavy to minor couchlock buzz to it. Its nothing super special just really perdy and tasty. It is better than GDP and Erkle though IMO

Yup, people try to pass off anything purple as one of them, or "purple kush"
Grape Ape is a lighter purple then most when finishes, has a very nice soft floral grape taste. Wonderful stone, very dreamy happy but keeps your body relaxed. Great for a lazy saturday. A buddy has some going with bananna right now.
Surely the two of you had different phenos!?? HAHAHAHA!:tiphat:

Bananna?

O

organic_fanatic

It is originally from seed...I'm sure there are a few phenos of it floating around. The one that I run gets very dark purple from top to bottom fwiw.

vapedg13

Veteran
GDP is granddaddy purple which is a cross of purple urkle and big bud.

grape ape was also called grandaddy grape ape. apothecary seeds....the origin of the genetics are Paki and Skunk #1. Purple from Paki and density from the Skunk#1. Originated, we believe in Northern Cali 3-4 decades ago. Also known as Granddaddy, Granddaddy grape ape, purple erkle, all different phenotypes.

grape ape = big bud x urkle its a sister of GDP. That would make Urkle the momma and then her make up would be the Paki X Skunk#1.

is Grape Ape really the Sister of Urkle or the Sister of GDP?

Latest posts

Latest posts