What's new

Government WILL Ban Guns Soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
ok, that's all well and good, but you seem to forget that in order for them to even be knocking on your door, you must have committed a crime, or they have reason to believe you had. if you were innocent would you still unload on those knocking? being that you're probably growing and won't go to jail peacefully until the situation is remedied, shooting officers may seem justified in your eyes. keep in mind that should you do so, you risk the lives of those you're protecting too. they could be viewed as hostile possibly and be shot too. mistaken identity has been known to be the demise of many just because of the company they've kept. the whole ruby ridge fiasco is a perfect example. the atf was after his friend and the feds mistakenly tied him to the ordeal and look what happened....his wife was shot in the fucking face, and his son was shot in the back.

i'm not missing the point in this debate whatsoever. it's about what's reasonable and prudent given the times we live in. we're not living in 1791 and the wording of the 2nd amendment was written for their time, not ours. you're holding onto a long standing tradition of not trusting the government, and are entitled to with it's history. i don't trust them either, but the crux of this debate is common sense, the history of the 2nd amendment, and it's implications. it states that individuals should be empowered to own guns for the sake of defense of person, property, and country because the government (at the time) had no way to do it for it's citizens. we do have that protection now (to a degree) in today's society.

when it (the 2nd amendment) was written there were less than 2,000 enlisted men in our "standing army." sometimes as little as 80 men. that same small army was crushed @ the battle of wabash against american indians, who at the time were our only enemies. once that battle had ended congress formed the legion of the u.s. (essentially the forming of the modern u.s. army). state militia's at the time were known for abandonment as soon as shots were fired, thus couldn't be relied on. the founding fathers, after the revolution, knew there was a distrust for any central government and wanted to be sure u.s. citizens could protect themselves from tyranny, either foreign or domestic. there was no army, police, or law enforcement at that time to protect citizens, so they wrote the 2nd amendment to ensure they could protect themselves. it wasn't written so some dipshit could own a rocket launcher in today's society.

the wording of the 2nd amendment was a direct reflection of the needs of the times, not for future generations to use as a crutch claiming they need to own guns to protect themselves from self perceived tyranny. you say the criminals won't follow the rules in when it comes to guns. hate to say it, but according to the federal government, ALL growers are criminals, including you. what would it matter to you then if all guns were banned? you're(/we're) a criminal(s) and don't follow the rules anyway. that doesn't mean you'd go out and commit murder but the possibility to do so is there.

it wasn't until AFTER the writing of the 2nd amendment and loss @ wabash was there an army formed to protect u.s. citizens (1792). at the time it was written,(1791) militia's were our only line of defense, and the founding fathers knew this. they empowered citizens to protect our country until a well regulated militia was formed to do so for us. that army wasn't created until 1792 by george washington and congress since state militia's could not be counted on.

holding onto the traditions of gun ownership doesn't equate with what was originally intended by what was written. it was written for the needs of the day, not for future generations to cling to. cling to em all ya want, i have no problem with that, but when faced with leo/military you won't stand a chance because they ARE the well regulated militia of today. to think the common citizen of today is part of the "militia" the founding fathers were speaking of, is ludicrous. they were speaking of an army of citizens that could defend the country should the need arise. now, we have it. because the army was created shortly thereafter. thus, the militia argument is invalid.

the constitution and bill of rights were written so they could be rewritten as the needs of the country evolved, and it has considerably. take, for example, the bill of rights did not pertain to blacks or indians, or women. cruel and usual punishment is/was ambiguous. the 9th amendment is also ambiguous. but most importantly for those who post here, the 10th amendment is wide open to discussion on almost any topic, including the legality of cannabis.

times change, and the bill of rights was written so citizens could change it's attributes to reflect the needs of the current society and situations we faced. not to hold onto text written 221 years ago, thinking it applies to us now.
whatever!! I got the 420th post so I win!!

I would argue your assumption that only law breakers will be bothered but there is no use...have a nice day

Littleleaf

Veteran
been buying allot of gun powder for my muzzle loader. the muzzle loader will be the last to go. 1776 was won with them,but it will be tough this time. With the new robots they will be useing on us. I wounder if they will paint them red and put bad sets of teeth on them.....

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
gun advocates in favor of gun control?

who is this group you speak of and what is the website especially if it is such a larger demographic.

that is like potheads who favor banning MOST of their weed and using that as an actual debate talking point. Which potheads would allow the banning of MOST, some or ANY of their weed?

Now if the argument then goes to weed doesn't kill people but guns do, then I will happily state so do cars, food, tripping, sleeping wrong and a million other what ifs. It is the person behind the "object" or using the "object" that COULD cause potential harm and not the object itself.

as far as gun activist groups the NRA is terrible however one actually fighting FOR our rights is the GOA

View Image

It's not a specific group. It's merely people who don't advocate a ban on weapons yet agree to reasonable gun restrictions like the assault weapons ban in the early 1990s. That ban has expired.

Dick Cheney is an example. Everybody knows ol' Dick loves his guns, up to and including shooting others in the face. Yet Dick proposed we restrict or even ban the 30+ round pistol clip the Arizona nut used to shoot 12 or 13 people.

If that fuckhead's gun hadn't jammed, bystanders would have possibly had to wait to make their move. More folks may have been shot.

Not to mention the idea of a citizen shooter taking the guy out is also dangerous. The shooter dropped his gun when attacked and one of the interventionists picked it up. A cop said he almost shot the guy because the cop thought he was the shooter.

I respect other folks' opinions but I don't believe Brady is a total weapons ban organization. IMO, the whole weapons ban idea is a principle way of thought, the slippery slope thingy.

I can understand the principle exists even if I don't agree with it. Tougher to prove would be any actions backing it up.

G

greenmatter

never hunt with a dick ............ even if he is the vice president

iampolluted

yours is post #423....mine was #420....lol :p

i'm not assuming only law breakers would own guns because i know many law abiding folks who wouldn't give em up, my family included. i'm just saying their view of you is that of a criminal, and not because of the guns. the guns would just add to the negative view of you/us, thereby justifying the use of force in their eyes.

i'm not of the belief they'd ever try and take our guns, or that they should. i just wish there was a common sense test or maybe a personality test like employers give to people or something that sets off an alarm that this person shouldn't be trusted with a gun, before they were able to purchase some things. maybe a few lunatics wouldn't have been able to act the way the did. that's not the case and never will be, so we are stuck with a few fucking nut jobs ruining the rights of others by their solitary actions.

the problem i have with the whole gun debate is that there are people who shouldn't have guns, and some people who don't know how, or what to use em for. lack of education, and a lack of respect for a human life are what bothers me the most. i mean c'mon....do you really think of someone who turns their gun sideways before shooting as a gun expert or someone who knows how to use it efficiently? very doubtful. those are the type of people that scare me, not the government. they only show up when they think they need to be there, if you're lucky.

i have a buddy (a bartender) that had a 65 year old retired military officer pull a gun on him while he was at work in a vfw (or something like it), because my friend refused to serve his drunk g/f. when the drunks' gun came out my friend pulled his cell phone and told him he was calling the cops, and took a pic of the drunk with the gun. the guy knows about his pic being taken and that cops were coming so he went back into the bar and retrieved a different weapon. i can't disclose what the other weapon was because it made the news but his cell phone was as much of a deterrent as a gun could ever have been. they'd probably both be dead had my friend chose to pull his 9mm.

point being, even normally rational and sound people misuse guns all the time. it takes a smarter man to realize violence isn't the answer to most of life's problems.

hope you have a good day as well. i got the day off so i'm gonna spend mine baked like a cake. :)

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
iampolluted said "times change, and the bill of rights was written so citizens could change it's attributes to reflect the needs of the current society and situations we faced. not to hold onto text written 221 years ago, thinking it applies to us now."

tell that to those who read the bible if that is the basis of your debate. Because our country is getting older we need to remove our past and all the documents that protected our RIGHTS that we got FROM BIRTH.

If a cop knocks on our door you must have committed a crime or done something to make them think so? Where are you getting this shit brother? Do you really believe the shit you are writing or just trying to see who will take the bait?
GunControl.jpg

Last edited:

S2B

Pretty much everything you post is stupid as shit. I find it odd you actually take it up a notch, go above and beyond if you will, from your normal stupid shit. Well done bro! Just when i think you cant post anything more fucking stupid ya prove me wrong....every time! :thank you:

Ive been noticing that since the Batman shooting, the media is up playing EVERY SINGLE shooting in the United states like its a massacre...

It will be top news for the whole day, then you here nothing tomorrow about it, like it never happened but the day before "BREAKING NEWS!"....

Just right now the Yahoo top story "BREAKING NEWS" says a student got shot near Baltimore. OK..... Ya, breaking news for that? Why the fuck would i give a shit about that? Its on the other side of the US...

OH! I Know Why!!! The media is going to up play ALL the shooting to make it seem like, its a real epidemic, people are fucking insane and killing people for no reason, all of a sudden....

Reality is, it happens all the time and you dont hear about it, well because it NOT news. But make it SEEM like its big news and people will be scared of guns...

Then the good ol government will come in and take out toys away because we were naughty....

My opinion anyways, im calling it now, its going to happen....

medmaker420

Veteran
Pretty much everything you post is stupid as shit. I find it odd you actually take it up a notch, go above and beyond if you will, from your normal stupid shit. Well done bro! Just when i think you cant post anything more fucking stupid ya prove me wrong....every time! :thank you:

What did he post that was stupid as shit? Was it his opinion or just that you disagree with it?

GunBan.jpg

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
What did he post that was stupid as shit? Was it his opinion or just that you disagree with it?

Don't worry about him....

Another one of those that follow me around, swinging from my balls like Tarzan...

They smell good, dont they S2B? Kinda like your mom's perfume? Wonder why.....

medmaker420

Veteran
I am just trying to understand what or why people are so scared of guns especially in LAW ABIDING CITIZENS hands. Do people really not want armed people in public out there? I mean IF someone was running down the street shooting people should I allow it or stop it? What would you want someone to do?

It is a great preventative to crime
gun-control2.jpg

bentom187

Veteran
gonna save my penny's and get my license.what do you guys think of the m1? im more than likley just going to shoot at the outdoor range with my friends,but its seems very multi-purpose.a new gun store opened up in my city they have a indoor range and offer courses im gonna go check it out somtime and see what they have available.

[YOUTUBEIF]JcNdEbW5AIM[/YOUTUBEIF]

12164088.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

Troy-M14-MCS.jpg

Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
gonna save my pennies and get my license.what do you guys think of the m1? im more than likley just going to shoot at the range with my friends,but its seems very multi-purpose.a new gun store opened up in my city they have a indoor range and offer courses im gonna go check it out somtime and see what they have available.

[YOUTUBEIF]JcNdEbW5AIM[/YOUTUBEIF]

View Image

View Image

View Image

Always add up the cost of rounds when looking for rifles but that is BAD ASS! I want one or two :dance013:

504535.jpg

to the image above, everyone has the comment well not COMPLETE banning of guns but if there are ANY GUNS there will ALWAYS be deaths caused by criminals so how can you say they are not baby stepping the complete banning of them? If Americans were legally allowed to own AND CARRY them the crime WOULD GO DOWN but the more gun regulations just will mean more guns with the criminals and less for us to protect ourselves.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Always add up the cost of rounds when looking for rifles but that is BAD ASS! I want one or two :dance013:

View Image
to the image above, everyone has the comment well not COMPLETE banning of guns but if there are ANY GUNS there will ALWAYS be deaths caused by criminals so how can you say they are not baby stepping the complete banning of them? If Americans were legally allowed to own AND CARRY them the crime WOULD GO DOWN but the more gun regulations just will mean more guns with the criminals and less for us to protect ourselves.

I love condescending Wonka....

iampolluted

iampolluted said "times change, and the bill of rights was written so citizens could change it's attributes to reflect the needs of the current society and situations we faced. not to hold onto text written 221 years ago, thinking it applies to us now."

tell that to those who read the bible if that is the basis of your debate. Because our country is getting older we need to remove our past and all the documents that protected our RIGHTS that we got FROM BIRTH.

If a cop knocks on our door you must have committed a crime or done something to make them think so? Where are you getting this shit brother? Do you really believe the shit you are writing or just trying to see who will take the bait?
View Image

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<deleted due tou re religion, thread is heated enough>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

when was the last time a cop knocked on your door to say hello? in my case, NEVER. only once for noise pollution/party 20 years ago. they visited my personal residence once since then to file a report after $1500 in tools were stolen from me. unless you call the cops or give them a reason to show up on your door, they tend to stay in their cars. where the fuck do you live where they ARE knocking on your door for no legitimate reason? remind me to never visit or live there.

we can go back to 1791 and everything that time entails. lets buy some slaves, deny women all sort of rights, shoot each other for calling them a cocksucker, and rob some banks while we're at it. there'd be no laws, or anyone to enforce them. i'm assuming you're a white male, and if that's the case, you'd probably be fine in a 1791 era. if you're not, you'd be fucked.

yes times change and people change with it, so have our rights. some weren't given the basic right to vote until 1971. when you can grasp the fact that things change over time and we aren't the same country we were back when the 2nd amendment was written, then you can argue for unlimited gun advocacy. until then, go back to history class and come up with a better defense. i, for one, don't wanna see anyone with hk mp5sd roaming the streets looking for the guy that called him a little dicked bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This guy isn't afraid of any criminals...

respect one another... and hang loose!

medmaker420

Veteran
Why when you bring up the constitution people always state that we would allow slavery today? What don't people get about the right to LIFE LIBERTY PROPERTY? That ALL MEN Are created equal?

If we want to argue state rights here then let's do that then. Should a business be able to decide WHO goes into their establishment? Yes they should and those who do not allow a certain type of person whether that is based on color, sex, creed, religion etc will odds are lose out on money and those people who are left out will only allow ANOTHER BUSINESS to thrive due to their business.

Can I decide who goes into my home? Yes, does it matter what reason I deny access into my house? To be honest it isn't anyones business because it is MY PROPERTY RIGHTS, now if I were to go into someone ELSES property spouting what can or can't happen THERE then I would be outside MY RIGHTS.

Would some allow racist pricks the ability to deny access to THEIR property? yes it could but if they are not infringing on OTHERS RIGHTS to life liberty and THEIR property what crime is being committed besides being a prick? NONE.

As far as religion, my point is you brought up the fact that the old constitution doesn't hold up in todays age because it is outdated according to you. How is it outdated at all? It upholds all of our rights to LIFE LIBERTY AND PROPERTY just as long as you do not infringe on others rights to do the same right? How can that EVER be outdated?

Someone can believe in their book, their god, people can believe in aliens, goats as gods, believe in having multiple wives among a MILLION of things that is THEIR BUSINESS because as long as they are not pushing it on YOU it is none of your business.

As far as gun rights goes how can this not make sense below:

I should have the right to protect MYSELF, my property and if wanted those around me if I so choose from crime or others infringing on their life, liberty or property and if you choose to NOT arm yourself you have that right. Agreed?

So for example, lets say you are walking down the street and some asshole goes around shooting. Should I let you get shot because you do not believe in gun rights or the ability to be armed in public or would you HOPE I would use my rights to protect those around me including YOU?

Do you really believe that whether I had an uzi, rocket launcher, knife, thors hammer or anything I will just start SPRAYING and killing men women and children or do you think if I was willing to CARRY I would have the training to handle the TOOL I had on me?

Can accidents happen? Yes, could a CCW miss his shot? Yes but if you haven't gone through the ccw training you have ZERO room to talk because they put you through the paces trust me. It isn't as easy as you think to get that license and the training DOES make you more than capable of hitting your mark EVERYTIME.

Anyone who carries knows to keep training, to keep practicing because this isn't a joke and any bullet that flies out of your gun whether AUTOMATIC or not is ON YOU and the damage it causes is on YOU.

remember-fascism-constitution-outdated-try-out-fascism-politics-1333663903.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts