What's new

What music are you listening to?

whiteberrieS

Jules
Veteran
when a call comes announcing the abrupt departure of the loved one, there's the shhock and sometimes a slow adjustment to the loss. The shock can be huge ad takes some time to work through.

When there's any sort of elongated endurance of a dying process, each day can swing between hope and loss, and last as long as whatever illness or condition is going to run.

Neither one's good, though it builds some things in character if allowed to.

But the elongated process can be very hard, though affording time to undo wrongs, apologize for infractions, make peace, and repair relationships. Some of the few graces in longer suffering.

Most of my experiences have been with abrupt losses.

8/30/2022 got a text from some chick said my bro was dead. Wasn't a prank call neither he got beat to death at a park 5 minutes away. Tried to jump into a drug dispute between a lil Latino and a alphaponegro, cuz they disturbed his nap. Negron beat him to death. And that's the story of how I lost my brother.

moose eater

8/30/2022 got a text from some chick said my bro was dead. Wasn't a prank call neither he got beat to death at a park 5 minutes away. Tried to jump into a drug dispute between a lil Latino and a alphaponegro, cuz they disturbed his nap. Negron beat him to death. And that's the story of how I lost my brother.
I'm sorry for your loss.

My younger brother was shot in the head on our already-deceased mother's birthday in 1994, Aug. 9, in Carlsbad, California.

It went down as a suicide, but I have strong reason to believe he was shot by his roommate.

whiteberrieS

Jules
Veteran
They let him go. The guy. He stayed on scene didn't try to run or nothing. Out of guilt? Maybe, tact? Definitely. The DA didn't even press charges on a murder with several witnesses. That's bad pudding. Whatever the fuck the saying is..can't think of it. Two left feet. I'ma pound these beers and let you guys get back at it. Sorry for your loss Chi, I had a single mom so when I have to go through it iunneveno dog. Pain & drinking the two stages of grief

whiteberrieS

Jules
Veteran
I'm sorry for your loss.

My younger brother was shot in the head on our already-deceased mother's birthday in 1994, Aug. 9, in Carlsbad, California.

It went down as a suicide, but I have strong reason to believe he was shot by his roommate.

For yours too. How old was he? (I've seen a lot of detective shows)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
They let him go. The guy. He stayed on scene didn't try to run or nothing. Out of guilt? Maybe, tact? Definitely. The DA didn't even press charges on a murder with several witnesses. That's bad pudding. Whatever the fuck the saying is..can't think of it. Two left feet. I'ma pound these beers and let you guys get back at it. Sorry for your loss Chi, I had a single mom so when I have to go through it iunneveno dog. Pain & drinking the two stages of grief
the third stage

moose eater

Roommate? And if they were ya know, not that there's anything wrong with that
He had psychological issues of several sorts, some physical disabilities, and had been smoking crank in previous months/years, but probably not at the time of his death. A difficult person to be around, but endearing and deserving of empathy, coming out of the life he came out of.

The roommates (plural) stole from his and my mother's estates while I was making my way down from Alaska.

I had a new baby daughter, about 9 or 10 months old at that time, and needed to get back to a MH position in Alaska.

Short trip, and -definitely- Twilight Zone shit. Spent the last night there at a friend of his home, as there was stuff going on that made me really uncomfortable, and I was packing a S&W 669 at the time, but not feeling secure enough to spend another night at the home he'd lived in. Totally weird vibe.

whiteberrieS

Jules
Veteran
Becoming a train hobo? Should've quoted it the first time

He had psychological issues of several sorts, some physical disabilities, and had been smoking crank in previous months/years, but probably not at the time of his death. A difficult person to be around, but endearing and deserving of empathy, coming out of the life he came out of.

The roommates (plural) stole from his and my mother's estates while I was making my way down from Alaska.

I had a new baby daughter, about 9 or 10 months old at that time, and needed to get back to a MH position in Alaska.

Short trip, and -definitely- Twilight Zone shit. Spent the last night there at a friend of his home, as there was stuff going on that made me really uncomfortable, and I was packing at the time, but not feeling secure enough to spend another night at the home he'd lived in. Totally weird vibe.

Sounds weird indeed if he had like a money stash that definitely accounts for motive

whiteberrieS

Jules
Veteran
Dirty pool

moose eater

Sounds weird indeed if he had like a money stash that definitely accounts for motive
$5,000 cashier's check from my mother's estate, and limited possessions from her estate, as well as his belongings, including some collectible coins of value from my mother.

Friends from Alaska who were living in L.A. came down to take me to dinner, and while we were out, someone at his residence tried to get into my suitcase where the $5,000 check and my 669 were at.

The fellow I believe was the doer was a Vietnam vet and beach bum, who claimed that the reason for his bloody fingerprint(s) on my brother's private bathroom light switch was the result of his checking the neck for a pulse, then washing his hands off.

But in my mind, you're combat-experienced, there's brains on the ceiling, and you can check for a pulse at the wrist or the neck, with LOTS of graphic damage to the neck and head. Granted the neck offers a stronger place to assess pulse, but in that circumstance, which area are you checking?

And the angle and area of entry and exit was not in line with a self-inflicted shooting; it was slightly behind the ear and a bit lower, exiting the crown..

The cops did a GSR test, and concluded the roommate hadn't fired a weapon. I asked them if they were aware that a GSR can be beaten with bleach and thorough scrubbing?

Closed case.

Last edited:

whiteberrieS

Jules
Veteran

Short trip, and -definitely- Twilight Zone shit. Spent the last night there at a friend of his home, as there was stuff going on that made me really uncomfortable, and I was packing a S&W 669 at the time, but not feeling secure enough to spend another night at the home he'd lived in. Totally weird vibe.

My bro's psychology issues were from eating eighth bars of shrooms while smoking the glass dick and so many dabs it'd kill an elephant

whiteberrieS

Jules
Veteran
$5,000 cashier's check from my mother's estate, and limited possessions from her estate, as well as his belongings, including some collectible coins of value from my mother.

Friends from Alaska who living were in L.A. came down to take me to dinner, and while we were out, someone at his residence tried to get into my suitcase where the $5,000 check and my 669 were at.

The fellow I believe was the doer was a Vietnam vet and beach bum, who claimed that the reason for his bloody fingerprint(s) on my brother's private bathroom light switch was the result of his checking the neck for a pulse then washing his hands off.

But in my mind, you're combat-experienced, there's brains on the ceiling, and you can check for a pulse at the wrist or the neck, with LOTS of graphic damage to the neck and head. Granted the neck offers a stronger place to assess pulse, but in that circumstance, which area are you checking?

And the angle and area of entry and exit was not in line with a self-inflicted shooting; it was slightly behind the ear and a bit lower, exiting the crown..

The cops did a GSR test, and concluded the roommate hadn't fired a weapon. I asked them if they were aware that a GSR can be beaten with bleach and thorough scrubbing?

Closed case.

But if that someone slipped and fell in a motel lobby I don't think the world would notice