What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got some problems.

KushaNator

I smoked a fat bowl of two day 53 pop corn buds...man what a trip. I was mildly buzzed for 30 minutes then senor el creeper set it in. Man that was an hour of intenseness, then a 2-3 hour plateau. I hate to see what day 75 will do to me, I mean I bet if I let her go 75 days it would be some killer dankness, prob a one hitter quitter if not or equal too.

Yea I wish she would hurry up and finish I have about a 8-10 day window then I have to go home to see my parents for X-mas. But I do believe in 8-10 days she will be finished up lower buds and all. I would give the top buds a percentage like 65-25-5 and the lower like 55-45 all in the cloudy, clear, and amber ranges as of day 59.

But my excitement increases because man she is getting chunky and skunky fast. I am expecting at least an ounce if not more. I am looking at probably 1.5 - 1.75 oz off one plant. The most off one plant ever harvested by me since this would be my first grow under my new 250.

Man Stitch when I get her finished up next year I will flash you some picures of my new cab. This will allow me to have better temps...have a mother YAY...and the option of a higher wattage HID. Plus did I mention I could throw in 2-3 more plants.

One final question, I know we talked about this but the affected leaves are dying. That is totally natural right? I can tell you one thing is that the buds have new green growth so I know she is perking up now I am just waiting for her to ripen.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, the affected leaves will die off, also some yellowing should have occured by now; you don't want to fix it; you should be flushing now since you are so close to harvest. No more feeding them.
Ya, she is chunky; you are going to be spoiled dude :)
I would not let her go too much longer; I would harvest her any day now.....

KushaNator

Tomorrow might be her last day of true lights on :puppydoge. I will check her trichs tonight because it seems like every day there are more and more amber trichs not a super abundance but you can tell. I would say on day 63-65 she will be finished. I just want to harvest her with like 90-5-5 or something like that. Past couple of harvests I have been impatient and this time I promised that I would let her get to the stage where she will obliterate me not just get me high ya know. I smoked another nice bowl of some day 55, MUCH much much better than day 49 or 53 kinda overwhelming if you ask me.

As far as a smoke report here it goes...this ones for you stitch.

Upon breaking the bud up it smelled like diesel fuel with skunk undertones mixed with some spice and lemon. This pheno I have to say is the keeper out of any of the packs of NL I have grown.The bud I smoked was clearly covered in trichs. It even left my fingers sticky with resin :joint: .

After I packed this nice bowl pack I sat down and took one big hit. Tasted like pine needles it was truly a different taste but good. Waited about 15 minutes to feel the effects...nothing just mildly buzzed. The I took another big hit, then 5 minutes later another. Approximately 15 minutes after I had finished taking those 3 hits I am dead serious it just smacked me in the face.

This is by far some of the best green I have smoked in a while. Very nice head high coupled with an extremely narcotic body high.

The head high was very complexed and overwhelming like I said. Very giggly...too giggly if you ask me ha ha. Felt extremely light headed and my face had some tingling sensation.

The body high was like being drunk. My coordination was way off I just found my self slipping into my computer desk chair and playing COD4 and looking at ICmag. Surprisingly enough this weed did NOT give me the munchies :lurk: which I am happy about.

Overall I would give this a 7 for taste it was good but after this flush it will be better, 8.5 for the length of the high intense for about an hour then plateaued for 2-3, and a 9.1 for potency shes one strong bitch. I am very pleased with her, def a keeper in my books. I plan on revegging and hitting her with some Afghani hash plant pollen, then recrossing her with ICE. Oh man I can't wait, I have found something special Stitch.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
My math says today is day 60 for you. The picture you posted, the plant looks real nice. I couldn't tell you what those brown/black splotches were on that leave, but I'm sure someone came up with the answer. The smoke report was nice too, even though I don't know what a complex high is.

I've got a few plants growing it's day 58. They come down on the 20th, day 67.

Hope you get your 1.5 ounces too.

Enjoy the best smoke in town!

KushaNator

The spots are more than likely from way too much sodium being in the soil ::tap water is bad::. Which deposited in the leaves which killed most of them. But there is new lush dark green growth so she has rebounded. Yes it is day 60 for me, I want to take them at day 63-65. But something is telling me to let her go to day 68 so I will check the trichs tonight as I have said and I will give my estimate and some pictures today.

What I mean by complex is the head and body stone were both well established...or in other words intense. Its hard to describe what I was feeling but I was very high and very stoned for a long time. Plus my face was tingly and the narcotic effect was nice, thats what I mean by complex the mixture of both worlds. The only way you would know what I was talking about would be to smoke it lol. But it was piney goodness.

KushaNator

Here is a nice picture I took of the day 49 bud. This is by far the best picture I have taken yay. I love the lighting ha ha.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Dude that sounds like some wicked stuff; I shoulda let my NL veg longer; but I am a light weight. I f I would have let it go longer I would have gotten my tail kicked in lol.
Dude I did not know you game lol you play video games at all?

Damn dude that sounds like a good smoke report; was this a report from day 49 or just yesterday?

KushaNator

Yea this was solely the day 49 bud. It was really intense, I have to say quality wise it was stronger than the white widow I had about 3 weeks ago. Then again the widow looked like it was rushed commercially so thats not saying much.

But it was some wicked stuff. I am going to bring her down on day 64-65, I would love to take her to 70 but time restraints are saying no, I would love to see her potential its a pity though.

But I would have given that the amount I smoked was .25-.35 grams and I was gone. Enough for 3 good hits then about 2 baby ones. This little birdy is going to be flying high. One thing I loved about it was the piney taste I love that good indica pine flavor, nothing beats it!

Yes I game ha ha mainly the COD lines COD4 is bad ass. Enough said lol.

KushaNator

That was solely the day 49 bud. The day 55 buds were better but I have been smoking the day 49 every now and then and its been cured for a week so thats why I gave it the smoke report. Fresh weed just doesn't have the strength as cured IMHO.

C

crownedsparrow

man by the way you make it sound that shit must be dank! nice job kusha!

KushaNator

Yea its pretty good stuff I can tell you that! Just smoked some day 55 thats been drying out so I will see how I feel in oh say 15 minutes.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Oh big time, a cure is most defiantly needed for potency increase; I would like to know why; but there is nothing about it anywhere...... Just like how some wines are better cured and sat over years......

COD 4 kicks major ass dude; I am a huge gamer!!!! Big time!!!!!

KushaNator

I would imagine that curing involves some kind of oxidation process with the trichomes. It is something I have speculated for years. I know that in a sealed low O2 dark environment trichomes degrade over time a slight bit. Like partial cloudy trichs go to cloudy, some cloudy go slightly amber so on and so on. All I know is that it improves flavor, smell, and potency.

But I would say day 64-65 is a good day for her to come down. Just the right combination of cloudy and amber will be present. I was pretty high for I would say 45 minutes then I got really stoned for about 30 then couch lock and tiredness set in which lasted about an hour and a half to two hours. Its some good stuff I am thoroughly impressed with the end product. Cannot wait to see what day 65 will smoke like after a nice 2 month cure!

KushaNator

Well heres an update...going on what will be day 62 one more day till a day and a half of complete darkness for this lady.

Ph- 6..7
RH- 45%
Temps Lights on - 76 degrees
Temps Lights off - 69 degrees
Trichome ratio - 85% cloudy - 5% clear - 10% amber
Day 65 ratio should be 75% cloudy - 5% clear - 20-15% amber

Had a more experienced toker than me come over today to sample out some of the bud. Just like my reports nice intense head high that creeps up on you and turns into a smashing stone. He gave this smoke a 8.9 out of 10 which in my books is achievement. I guesstimate on day 65 this will be some crucial stuff nice and ripe if you ask me!

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Just remember, high depends on the plants strain so sometimes if you want for more amber you may not get them. The longer you wait to harvest the less potent she becomes once you wait to harvest past flowering dates; it's hard to ever believe breeders because they always short term the flowering harvest dates......

KushaNator

Yea I understand that...but there still is a good amount of clear trichs on her. I took her down at 49 days last time it was good, I was told by several other grower friends of mine from different parts that she could have used 2 more weeks. She is showing ambers, its just the clear trichs that are keeping me from harvesting thats all. I'm as anxious as can be and I may just get the scissors out tomorrow ha ha I think I will! I doubt me waiting till day 63 is going to affect potency because every day there are more and more milky ones that have turned that were clear.

But she is in her final stages of darkness, 36 hours of straight dark will do the trick.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Oh no, I agree with you; I was just letting you know and giving you a tip :D
I was not saying the tip I was giving you pertained to this grow....

KushaNator

Oh I know you the great Stitch have good intentions:rasta:. I appreciate all you have done, if it weren't for you she would have probably been dead.

But day 63 is looking great for a chop session. I have a feeling this is when she needs to be chopped anyways. But I cannot wait to see how good she is after a nice...NICE cure. I mean this non cured stuff right now has got me around the neck so I can only imagine thats its going to whoop my ass :spank:.

I will more than likely post some pre-chop pictures. Followed up in a week or two of the dried product! Then a month later be on the lookout for a detailed smoke report.

Peace and stay safe...da kush :wave: