What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Misc that looks dank!

So stretch amount seems highly variable for you folks, doesn't seem to be a typical amount you can count on. I'll be interested to see how mine fair, since things like temperature and humidity are always completely constant and controlled in my room. I'm hoping I can keep it on the lesser end though.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So stretch amount seems highly variable for you folks, doesn't seem to be a typical amount you can count on.

I've been noticing on some of the grows here that if you keep the lights tight to the canopy it doesn't seem to stretch as much . mine are in a fixed position & they stretch towards the light till they get to that sweet spot & then they're happy . :dunno:

Grizz

Veteran
I've been noticing on some of the grows here that if you keep the lights tight to the canopy it doesn't seem to stretch as much . mine are in a fixed position & they stretch towards the light till they get to that sweet spot & then they're happy . :dunno:

bingo. you got it right, when you keep them close they don't stretch so much

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Thats prolly another reason Thirds didnt stretch too much. His damn lights are so powerful.

My first one strected 4x to catch up to those bigger plants. Obviously it was far from the light at first. And It grew like bamboo.
This run I had the light right over that thing, because it was the tallest to start, and it strected about 2x.
So big difference in my limited experience. But lines up with what you guys said.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah , i gotta make a few changes to my room , before these go in . mainly boxing in around the trays to keep the light in . I might just spring for the Puregro ballast & a few 1000 watt bulbs too .
i asked this somewhere , not sure if it was here or not ..... but anybody know if the white vinyl mini blinds would reflect the light decent enough ?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
yeah , i gotta make a few changes to my room , before these go in . mainly boxing in around the trays to keep the light in . I might just spring for the Puregro ballast & a few 1000 watt bulbs too .
i asked this somewhere , not sure if it was here or not ..... but anybody know if the white vinyl mini blinds would reflect the light decent enough ?

Not sure but probably be better than nothing.

Any chance you could fashion some pvc and reflectix into a screen. I've used them in the past with good success.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've thought about your walls 3rd .... i just don't have the room to move them around when i need to get to the plants . if i use 40" white mini blinds , i can just pull them up to the cieling out of the way & only have the cord hanging . my trays are 40" , so i'd need 7 of them , but i think it could work . i still have to figure out about the circulation fans , cuz the closed blinds would block them as is . but i think if i hung a window fan off the hood by the door , just to blow across the plants . .i dunno ... still in the thought stage :)

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Never seen PVC walls like that before, I like it third.

Thanks, admittedly they can be a bit of a pain sometimes if space is tight.

Dans, I've also read about attaching mylar to vinyl blinds so it can be raised and lowered although I never tried it cause if you've ever dealt with mylar it tends to rip really easy. Could work though I suppose.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dan I think the light would pass through the blinds alone. You could use blinds and paint them flat white though. That could work Or get some reflectix and fashion your own blinds with a few pulley's and some rope. :chin:
Both runs I have had with GG#4 have shown about 3x stretch. I use a screen and tuck branches for the fist 2 weeks of flower then let them go after that. I checked this morning (start of week 5) and the tops have stretched 14 inches above the screen and there is about a foot of stretch under. The screen is at 40 inches. My lights (3x600 in a 4x8) are on ropes and I keep them as close as I feel they can handle. About 18 inches above the canopy. Now I did go from 5 gal. pots to 10's at the flip so that could have some to do with the stretch.

O

otis33

I saw a member attach reflectix to the ceiling with a dowel rod attached to the bottom of the reflectix. the reflectix could be rolled up and I think was attached to the ceiling by an eye hook some how while he needed to access the grow space.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those walls are sick third. Such a good idea. Put em on wheels and shift em around, seems awesome. Im wondering how mine are gonna stretch in my room and setup. Anyone else done her in dwc? You guys think they will no matter what double in height at least? Just wondering who they can grow next to favorably. My cheese only doubles in height or so. The anonymous even more, then og is like 3x stretch. I keep my lights pretty close because they are air cooled. I think I'm gonna put em in a table with my cheese first. I dont want them getting over shadowed.

Coconutz

Veteran
Not sure but probably be better than nothing.

Any chance you could fashion some pvc and reflectix into a screen. I've used them in the past with good success.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Do you get algae growing in your condensation hoses from the light hitting it?
I just had to clean the fuck out of my cans and order a new hose because it turned all pink!
I poured some h202 down it and it got all hot and started smoking!
I think its from the faint light leaking out of my grow tent.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Roll Up Panda film & light blocker

Roll Up Panda film & light blocker

I've thought about your walls 3rd .... i just don't have the room to move them around when i need to get to the plants . if i use 40" white mini blinds , i can just pull them up to the cieling out of the way & only have the cord hanging . my trays are 40" , so i'd need 7 of them , but i think it could work . i still have to figure out about the circulation fans , cuz the closed blinds would block them as is . but i think if i hung a window fan off the hood by the door , just to blow across the plants . .i dunno ... still in the thought stage :)
Hey Dans,

Hope all is well.

Check out this video at 8:00 minutes.
Used this on a grow a few years back with ease of use.

[YOUTUBEIF]_vvL43mvb2g[/YOUTUBEIF]

Good Luck,
BeL

Grizz

Veteran
When you say tight to the canopy, you mean 18" - 24" for a 1KWer?
my 1000 w bare bulb are about 1 ft to 21/2 ft away on my vert screens, some buds by the end of flower are within 6in of the bulbs, a lot of lateral stretch but not a lot of vertical strerch

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Do you get algae growing in your condensation hoses from the light hitting it?
I just had to clean the fuck out of my cans and order a new hose because it turned all pink!
I poured some h202 down it and it got all hot and started smoking!
I think its from the faint light leaking out of my grow tent.

The original hose that came with the dehuey clouded up on me and I replaced it. The new one has been fine for a few months. I assume the first one was getting some contaminant from the unit being new.

Shouldn't get algae unless there is something in the water to react with the light.

Coconutz

Veteran
It was a reused hose from an old ac unit that sat around for awhile...
Its possible I fucked up by reusing it without sterilizing it...
Lesson learned!

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a slim that builds up in a/c system drains. It will dry out and leave a residue. Bleach is what I use to maintain drain lines. I always tell folks to pour a 1/2 cup of bleach in the drain line in the spring and again in mid summer

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the stretch info everybody.

I transplanted 8 of my 10 cuts into 3" Rockwool squares yesterday. I've got 2-3 weeks before I need to take cuts for the next run. I'm hoping to have as much Glue as possible, but I don't know if I can get enough cuts (72) with that little amount of veg. We shall see!

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts