What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
picture.php
GG#4 week 3+. sorry about the washout. i figured i better get back on topic or get hunted down and have my keyboard confiscated.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
mitigated some heat irregularities in the room. the stretch is way less and its stacking up like my other room but maybe a little nicer. looks awesome this round. i was getting buds that expanded and foxtailed into nothing in the hottest sectionlast round. all the while my ambient room temp was reading 78 i bet the top of the canopy got way higher.. my apex stifled air flow when the plants grew into the side wall/ceiling.made temp control unattainable. stretch caused heat, heat caused stretch. it was a feed back loop. anyone else notice anything like what im seeing. made a lot of oil off my last round. i got less than a good yield. i could tell right away too it was acting different than my other room last time but i didnt realize how negative it was going to be of a difference. it looked easily 2 weeks or more behind a this this point last round but it was much taller. the buds were really frosted out though. just super foxtailed. the other room was pretty much spot on form/stretch wise. room has better air flow control.

over a pound a light but not by much. pretty low considering ive pulled 2.1 per light out of there before.
this is prolly my last grow in that room now that i finally figured a new trick to make it work better. it sucks to grow with a narrow slanted ceiling. its silly that i still use it my other spot is a much nicer enviroment and generally functions way smoother.

my other room is much easier to have good even heat control everywhere in the room. no issues whats so ever there.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
mitigated some heat irregularities in the room. the stretch is way less and its stacking up like my other room but maybe a little nicer. looks awesome this round. i was getting buds that expanded and foxtailed into nothing in the hottest sectionlast round. all the while my ambient room temp was reading 78 i bet the top of the canopy got way higher.. my apex stifled air flow when the plants grew into the side wall/ceiling.made temp control unattainable. stretch caused heat, heat caused stretch. it was a feed back loop. anyone else notice anything like what im seeing. made a lot of oil off my last round. i got less than a good yield. i could tell right away too it was acting different than my other room last time but i didnt realize how negative it was going to be of a difference. it looked easily 2 weeks or more behind a this this point last round but it was much taller. the buds were really frosted out though. just super foxtailed. the other room was pretty much spot on form/stretch wise. room has better air flow control.

over a pound a light but not by much. pretty low considering ive pulled 2.1 per light out of there before.
this is prolly my last grow in that room now that i finally figured a new trick to make it work better. it sucks to grow with a narrow slanted ceiling. its silly that i still use it my other spot is a much nicer enviroment and generally functions way smoother.

my other room is much easier to have good even heat control everywhere in the room. no issues whats so ever there.

You should really try the 1000W Ushio Conversion bulbs for the first 2-3 weeks of flower next run. Looks like a completely different plant, the stretch is reduced by 50% or more and the node spacing/amount of bud-sights has easily doubled. For 3 weeks in your plants should be filled in more than they are, I think. I swapped mine in for the first time and this run is going to vastly out-yield of my previous (1.75lbs/1000W). If I get over 2.25lbs/1000W this run I'm not even going to upgrade to DE E-Paps like I was planning.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Sent the glue out and here is what was said:

"Damn that's tasty"
"Wow that is smooth and smells great"
"Very pleasant getting chores done...great daytime shit"
And most often heard is "you got more".

Ran it 66 days in coco watered twice per day with jacks 5-12-26, calcium nitrate, drip clean, and potassium silicate at 1.3 EC. Week five threw to one week before chop with molasis 2-3 times per week. Gave a week flush. Placed in room to dry for 8 days and dry trimmed.

Next run I could maybe drop the EC a touch. Started to get a little curl in the laves. Maybe 1.1 EC.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
For 3 weeks in your plants should be filled in more than they are, I think.
thanks for your input!
anyone else think these dont look right for 3 weeks?. i thought they looked about right. stretch was reduced quite a bit and the lil budsites are about the size of marbles to the tips of my thumbs depending on the branch.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all this talk about nematodes causing duds...
thought i'd point out a lil companion planting
marigolds are known to protect against / deter nematodes, and from what i've been told/taught the "french dwarf" short with red/maroon and yellow flowers variety are better at this than the "cracker jack" all yellow big and tall variety
fwiw

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
thanks for your input!
anyone else think these dont look right for 3 weeks?. i thought they looked about right. stretch was reduced quite a bit and the lil budsites are about the size of marbles to the tips of my thumbs depending on the branch.

Yours are probably around the same time for flowering that mine are as well. 3 weeks plus a day or two. This is only my first experience with the glue though so I have nothing to compare it to. Sitting next to a Cali O and a 303 Kush it looks like it will take a little longer. I have also been heavy handed with feeding them Nitrogen which could possibly draw out flowering time.

picture.php

picture.php

guineapig

Veteran
Merry Xmas to Glue All, and Glue All a good night!!!! :woohoo: :jump:

If you are really concerned about nematodes or bacterial infection, you can search for
chitosan and the harpin protein. Both these products boost the plant immune system.
Also silica solution to strengthen cell walls just monitor the pH because it is quite basic.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That chitosan from ebay has these ingredients. Not sure if this would work

1% Chitosan. Ingredients are Water, Chitosan, and Acetic Acid.

Cannavore

Veteran
Just get some crustacean meal from buildasoil to mix into your medium. Crustaceans like crab and shrimp contain chitin in their shells. Chitin breaks down into chitosan and has tons of benefits as already listed.

Some plants (dont know about cannabis) detect chitin, and when they do they think they are under threat from pathogens, fungi, ect and they produce chitinase (also a natural pesticide) which is an enzyme that naturally breaks the chitin into chitosan.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Just get some crustacean meal from buildasoil to mix into your medium. Crustaceans like crab and shrimp contain chitin in their shells. Chitin breaks down into chitosan and has tons of benefits as already listed.

Some plants (dont know about cannabis) detect chitin, and when they do they think they are under threat from pathogens, fungi, ect and they produce chitinase which is an enzyme that naturally breaks the chitin into chitosan.

Try and look up the heavy metals and pollutants that are listed for whatever product you are buying. Crab meal and other byproducts from bottom feeders have the highest amounts of mercury and other heavy metals. It might be worth it to look into just the chitosan. I'm only just now looking into what's involved with chitosan now with the new mention of it in this thread so everyone do their research.

:2cents:

*Edit, not directed at you in particular Cannavore. Just an icmag PSA.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That chitosan from ebay has these ingredients. Not sure if this would work

1% Chitosan. Ingredients are Water, Chitosan, and Acetic Acid.

If some one wanted to make that it is just chitosan with vinegar and water. Most likely used the vinegar to dissolve the chitosan then dilute with the water.

Grizz

Veteran
Yours are probably around the same time for flowering that mine are as well. 3 weeks plus a day or two. This is only my first experience with the glue though so I have nothing to compare it to. Sitting next to a Cali O and a 303 Kush it looks like it will take a little longer. I have also been heavy handed with feeding them Nitrogen which could possibly draw out flowering time.

View Image

View Image

quit giving it nit. your buds wont be as nice if you don't, start flush at week 6, plain water

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GG#4 will fool you. I have said this many times. At week 6 you will think WTF. She will explode in yield/frost the last weeks of flower. This is what I get every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts