What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
pf- are those descriptions of the tepenes that were in that terpene analysis? the combination of descriptions sounds a lot like my glue, which is for whatever reason is consistently different than all of my buddies which get more sour/coffee...

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
This is perfect...talking about the terpene profile and smells and tastes.....right when I logged on to post about the smells I'm getting. This shit smells so sour to me it's retarded. Then it translates right thru into the taste. It's so sour going in it makes my mouth water with every hit. Then it's straight chem funk...I love blowing hits of it out my nose. Anybody else getting those smells/tastes?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, I looked up ea one from the top to bottom in ICO test report..

Yes My 1st few harvest where all Chem sour... I didn't smell any Choc or coffee. After I got her dialed to my room the Aromas I was missing are now the strongest..

C

CaliGabe

Cool they're making that available. Would be interesting to see a comparo of different GG#4 samples from different growers, indoors and out, for cannabinoid and terpene profiles, using different nutrient programs/growing methods/styles from the same proven/verified 'cut'. THIS is the kind of information more important than pics of plants and buds IMO. This is the kind of stuff I'd look at when approving suppliers/materials. Time to stop the speculation about canna and prove things through independent 3rd party labs. This is the way it's done in the nutritional and essential oil industries. TEST! Eventually the canna industry will catch up and the direction it's ultimately headed.

That graph is a dumbed down version though for the masses of the actual test result and it's something more like this:

picture.php

There's a nutrient company out there that really needs to get on the ball regarding this and they missed the boat this year with their product trial. I know they will do better next year. Someone out there is getting the picture.

Last edited:
L

Luther Burbank

Interesting thing about Carvone is it's isometric - the smell humans pick up from it depends on whether it's "left-handed" or "right-handed" in shape. One smells like spearmint and the other smells like carroway.

C

CaliGabe

Interesting thing about Carvone is it's isometric - the smell humans pick up from it depends on whether it's "left-handed" or "right-handed" in shape. One smells like spearmint and the other smells like carroway.
Then you have people that can make it as coffee testers and sommeliers when the 99.9% of us don't stand a chance doing anything like that. That's a god given gift of the senses ala Robert Parker. A lot of what peeps talk about regarding canna is subjective. Lab tests based on something like an AOAC method don't lie and are repeatable.

L

Luther Burbank

I think the majority of the people who claim some deep nose with coffee/wine/scotch are talking out of their asses. There's a perceived social superiority with things like that and people don't want to admit they just smell coffee, just smell alcohol and a hint of oak. I used to be a real scotch drinker, and there are a lot of smells going on in there, but too often I've seen friends get a chuckle out of some self-proclaimed expert by passing them a glass of Dewer's, tell them it's Oban or Laphroaig, and then listen as they babble on about all the smells you know they're not really smelling.

SativaBreather

Veteran
well my 4 glue cuts are rooted, 2 are potted up, 1 I gave to a buddy and 1 more is in the prop.

cant wait to smoke some glue at xmas

cheers to JW and cheers to those responsible for it getting to the uk and then on to me

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the majority of the people who claim some deep nose with coffee/wine/scotch are talking out of their asses. There's a perceived social superiority with things like that and people don't want to admit they just smell coffee, just smell alcohol and a hint of oak. I used to be a real scotch drinker, and there are a lot of smells going on in there, but too often I've seen friends get a chuckle out of some self-proclaimed expert by passing them a glass of Dewer's, tell them it's Oban or Laphroaig, and then listen as they babble on about all the smells you know they're not really smelling.
confuse blended with single malt? barbarians and visigoths!!

I'm looking forward to that...I know my first run was far from dialed. My reset is 1 week in and looking great!

In coffee flavor descriptions you hear a lot of words like citrusy floral bright etc...so I can see how the coffee description could be fitting for glue. And I imagine even if there isn't a terpene in glue that is associated with coffee or chocolate the combination of other terpenes could easily simulate that smell so I guess flavor is even deeper than what terpene analysis suggest because combining terpenes could create new smells single terpenes couldn't... Terpene analysis is a great Starting point for flavor description.. Either that or we all are a bunch of pot snobs trying to sound deep. Lolz

Has anyone here seen botany of desire? It's an incredible documentary that is about 3-4 plants that humans have had working relationships with throughout history the part about cannabis is very interesting...check it out I think it's on netflix

Dark Lord

I think all of you should go to the streets with a gg4 bud sample and smell it with young gan'sters and ask to tell what kind of smell has it... it would be independent testing.

L

Luther Burbank

Yep! Michael Pollan can sometimes be out of touch in that way urban bourgeois writers are, but he gets it right more often than not. "The Omnivore's Dilemma" is an equally good one.

theother

Yep! Michael Pollan can sometimes be out of touch in that way urban bourgeois writers are, but he gets it right more often than not. "The Omnivore's Dilemma" is an equally good one.

I agree with the bourgeois thing, ill pass on the enlightened blissed out yuppie type more often than not but i have very much enjoyed his books. Omnivores dilemma has had an impact on how i eat for 5 years or so.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always ask for feedback.. The Coffee, Choc, Chem, Sour, Discript comes from others opinions of GG#4. I get the same smells but I don't say anything I want to here what they think....When I look for a strain to cash crop this is what I'm looking for...

Smell/Aroma/Flavor
Bag Appeal
Yield
High

GG#4 does all of these very well.. Until I find something that does it all better she wont be going anywhere.. If I'm looking for head stash I want something that smells/taste great and gets me baked off my ass the rest doesn't matter..

Status
Not open for further replies.