What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Do you know how much it costs to rent the venue hire security pay for the permits to throw the event , sanitation , advertising ...because it isn't just through high times , and so on & so forth ? Yes they do make money .... But events like this are far from cash cows.
I totally agree that they're operating expenses are huge but when they get 150,000 attendees at ~$50 a pop and hundreds of exhibitors at $1500 each I have to disagree that they didn't make a killing. Certainly enough to justify spending more than $20 for the trophy that's the center-piece for the entire event.

Grizz

Veteran
I totally agree that they're operating expenses are huge but when they get 150,000 attendees at ~$50 a pop and hundreds of exhibitors at $1500 each I have to disagree that they didn't make a killing. Certainly enough to justify spending more than $20 for the trophy that's the center-piece for the entire event.

we asked how much it would cost to get another cup trophy after sunset won in L.A. 1800 bucks. I couldent believe it. str8 from danny danko's mouth. needless to say I don't have a cup.:biggrin:

jw23ck11

I don't think more than a couple thousand showed up for $40. It was very relaxed and a lot of space. Well worth the 40 to smoke out on the in field of the race track with hundreds of people doing the same. However, I haven't seen the cup but I would expect highest of the high in quality. $1800 is more than plenty Imo but I love the idea of getting hand blown glass from a local pro.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Yeah I was wrong by a lot. I did a quick google and it appears there were 25,000 each day at the LA event and 37,000 at Denver. No idea about Santa Rosa other than it sold out. Our tickets were $60 for day 1; $50 for day 2 or $100 for both.
. However, I haven't seen the cup but I would expect highest of the high in quality. $1800 is more than plenty Imo but I love the idea of getting hand blown glass from a local pro.
The cup didn't cost High Times $1800. That's what they wanted to provide a duplicate trophy. The trophies themselves are closer in quality to what one would receive in winning a 3rd grade spelling bee.

Last edited:

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Santa Rosa cup was capped at 5500 people a day. The cups in the US have between 5k and 40k attendees depending on the venue. The cheapest medication area booths were in MI and they started at $2500 a piece. Every other cup, they are $3500. Biggest booths are $12k entries are $1k, $500 a piece if you have a booth. Capped at 320 entries total for all categories, but then also $250 per entry for best booth, best glass, best product.

Those are the REAL numbers you guys do the math. High times rakes it in...

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
There were only 85 total entries in MI. Makes me worried HT won't see MI as a profitable enough cup to come back. It was a very good kick in the ass for our state. Seeing the national cannabis movement come here was very motivational for the medical community in MI.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Those are the REAL numbers you guys do the math. High times rakes it in...
and I have absolutely no problem with that. I had a great time at the one I went to. I just wish there was a little more emphasis on the competition itself. I don't know what it was like when they only had the 1 but now the cup is more of a sideshow distraction to the festival. They'd get a lot more cup worthy entries if the cup was worthy. Especially considering the drama that usually follows.

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
Well, when there was just the one, it was kind of a bigger shit show, cause you have everyone from around the world trying to grease whatever palms they can, to get the awards. Greenhouse was caught about 8 years ago trying to bribe judges.

mack 10

Veteran
Wow i didn't realise you had to pay extra to be in with a chance of winning best booth, glass maybe but booth's is a joke when your already paid $1500- $ 12 K +
High Times don't miss a trick...

Grizz

Veteran
what gets me there is no reward for winning other than the cheap cup, seems to me if they had a cash reward for 1st 2nd and 3rd it would be more fair, certainly they do make enough money they could do so.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news got a call from Dabstix, We got it all working great. Its not really a vap pen. Its burning the buds that's what its suppose to do.. It's kind of a niche market for that.I went through the pro/cons. There where not many pro's lol.. Rolling a blunt is much more efficient them lugging this around.. If your alone its great but 2 or more you need something better IMO. I still need some time with it...

If they are going to continue with this event every 3 months they need a better cup. the winners deserve it big time. Something they could display instead of hide. The problem is they know what they want to make on there investment like a min 30% return.. When they made more like 60% on there investment they got greedy. Getting them to fork out the cash wouldn't be easy. If there paying 1800 on those cups they got ripped off. A real contest one that everyone can get involved in put some respect back into it. Insteady of everyone thinking there just jokes. It doesn't need to be like that.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Straight from HT

The High Times Medical Cannabis Cup will have an Smoking area on site with 5000 + people in attendance.

The price is $2000 for a vendor booth (5' x 10') in the smoking area, $1500 for non-smoking and 4 tickets.

It is $3000 for a sponsor booth (10' x 10') in the smoking area, $2500 for the non-smoking, 8 tickets, a page ad in our guidebook (a $500 value) and your logo on our poster and a banner on the medcancup site for a year.

A 20 x 10 is $5500 and comes with double everything in the Sponsor Booth, a 20 x 20 or 40 x 10 is $10,000 with quadruple everything in the Sponsor Booth

Also, if you get a sponsor booth, all entries are half price. You can enter 1 strain in each of 6 categories, Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, Concentrate, Non-Solvent Hash and Edibles.

The cost is $1,000 per entry (or $500 with a sponsor booth). Plus 40 grams of cannabis, 20 grams of concentrate, 20 pieces of edibles, due July 9th. High Times Cannabis Cup awards first, second, and third place trophys and lavish coverage in the magazine to the winners!

Let me know if you would like to be part of this.

Thanks
Matt Stang
Ad Rep
High Times Magazine

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
Yeah TC, those are the MI numbers. Mine were for the rest of the country. So add that up folks, companies like cali connection and weed maps and a few others that always have the 20 x 20 are paying 10-12k per cup to do so. And PF, you're a little light on how often.. it's every other month starting in Feb. soon there will be one every month. This year the schedule was LA-feb, DEN-april, SF-june, MI-july, SEA-sept, DAM-nov. With the number of med states steadily increasing it's only a matter of time.

A

acridlab

I know of two people now that got b.m infested gg4 cuts at the cup..
100 bucks well wasted.. what's up with all the nastys n why are people not checking these cuts before bringing them to such an event?? Crazy shit..

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Good news got a call from Dabstix, We got it all working great. Its not really a vap pen. Its burning the buds that's what its suppose to do.. It's kind of a niche market for that.I went through the pro/cons. There where not many pro's lol.. Rolling a blunt is much more efficient them lugging this around.. If your alone its great but 2 or more you need something better IMO. I still need some time with it...

fill it with bubble hash...

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
100 bucks well wasted.. what's up with all the nastys n why are people not checking these cuts before bringing them to such an event?? Crazy shit..
They probably knew there was a chance the clones were compromised with BM's...

The pieces of shit selling the cuts obviously didn't care enough, for the hype around GG#4 and at $100 a snap, a few BM's never hurt anybody, right?!

SMH. This is exactly what's wrong with the 'community' at large...

Greedy greedy. The fuck is wrong with you people?

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran

With all the sub-par flowers... the infection could have come from anywhere in the cup LOL

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
I have a GG4 question, if that's OK here :biggrin:

Today is day 45 of 12/12 for my glue and I'm consider choping her down before she gets to 63.

From anyone who has smoked her at <63 days (heard a few people mention cutting her down early to pay the bills) - What are your honest thoughts on the smoke? It's for personal med use, so yield is of (slightly) lower importance to me.

Trich's appear approx '85% cloudy, 13% clear, 2% amber' (or so)

I've only had the pleasure to smoke her taken at 80 days (Thx again!), never 63 or otherwise.

Looking for others' thoughts on this.

:tiphat:
Thanks in advance,
Budelight

Status
Not open for further replies.