What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loose Cannon

This is the nug OGorganics gave me at the cup.
Bag appeal is outstanding. Not tried myself but will in the future as I was fortunate enough to get a cut from the guys a booth 70.
picture.php

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
Before this weekend though you guys were fronting like the Glue was going to win em all ;)
not one man said anything of the sort, if so please quote the post, everyone hoped it would, all wished og good luck, that's it. I have to ask you in public why are you so bent on ragging on the gg ? is it so wrong for others to like something you dident make or find ? time and time again many of us have posted we KNOW ITS NOT THE HOLY GRAIL. we like it, you don't, that's fine but why do you keep coming here trying to stir up shit ? we heard what you said, the samples and entry wasent the best, agreed with you. whats your agenda ? we keep hearing about your cross , farmers dream, no pics ? no smoke reports, has anyone actually grown it out ? have you started a thread on it ? I have talked with you in PM and we get along fine but when someone don't agree with you here on this thread you make it seem like they don't know wtf they are talking about. just curious as hell as to why ?? it was all going good here until today, are you just bored ?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
your shit looks great TC
first and foremost
but you don't think theres a remote possibility of someone actually having better stuff?
THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BIGGER BADDER AND BETTER
you just hope you don't run into them
it happens

i understand bias like a motherfucker, but reality is a bitch too...

thoughts?

Inconceivable! I am a bad man!

Of course there is. I guess my point was more to the fact that if the glue won it will be discounted here on IC.

Well if u enter a sample of the most recent batch which looks great ,as good as it gets , but take ur entry early... do u really think it deserves to win.... hell no ... enter the cured flowers from the prior batch.. they may not be as nice and fat as ur recent grow but they are finished n frosty n stinky. ... nuthin taken early to get an entry in deserves to be winning ....
And from props post the glues at the cup were most likely subpar prob were a boring chem... i dont think byf is just talkin shit after reading that... i wasnt there i dont know .. i will say finished glue is hard to beat... early glue is trash boring chem.. all this is starying to remind me of gsc... ppl hatin on a good strain after tryin 7wk samples of fortun cookies. ... taking ur glue early n sharing with the public just makes ppl who try it talk shit... and although judgemental is correct once poor samples start flooding the market..

Sending the 30 day cured to the show...I agree with everything you said.

I call it how I see it.

I have no reason to lie or down the glue.

If the market I cater to was calling for it, I'd grow it
or make a version of it they'd like that I like to grow... But no one I know even knows what Gorilla Glue is unless they're some one I know who is also on IC Mag.

If it was good I'd say it was good, but what they had at the cup, wasn't. I can't lie about it.

MY market wants more than I can provide so yeah, I'm gonna grow it.

yep there is always something better and I think everyone realizes it, timing is everything, TC don't let the drama get you, if you win its great, throw your fast ball and hope for the best, sometimes you strike them out and sometimes you get knocked out of the game, such is life, I could care less what anyone says as long as there being honeset.

now on being honest, as everyone knows I loved the sour dub, still do. best tasting herb ever, but I could smoke her and still maintain, I cant do that with gg4, I also quote a very close friend of mine, resin rider on sour dub, taste great but don't get me high. his quote on gg4 was to damn strong, should have named it something different ,

the point is we all have different taste, that don't make us that like the gg4 dumb asses or people that haven't had good weed, as some have said, it also doesent make those that don't like it trolls or dumb asses . but if you don't like it just say so and move on, you don't have to pop in the thread every other day saying you don't like it, you guys don't know good weed, what I have is better, so on and so on, that's trolling, if you want to join and show pic's, ask questions share your thoughts good or bad fine, just don't provoke us and think we are going to like it, sub says the karma is bad around gg4, its because he was misunderstood on a couple of his post and he and dans got cross ways, you cant get along with everybody, believe me I know. this just quit all the I told you so shit and move on, cant win them al.

We'll try and throw it over the plate at least...

Before this weekend though you guys were fronting like the Glue was going to win em all ;)

Not all guys byf. I do consider myself part of the but I don't really front shit like that. If you got problems with certain folk that's cool but you know that we're good. I don't find your "faults" that annoying lol. Ya you're honest to a non-needed level but whatever.:laughing:

I was at the cup ... didnt hear a word about the gorilla glue ... except for the jar i had with me and everyone seemed to love it...... course it was run 80 days :) I dropped by booth 70 .. never heard the GG even mentioned :)
You've got me intrigued. I've gone 70 with her but I may run her with a 84 day blueberry.

I think that bag appeal, smell, and taste are the only things that come into factor at the cups. After you smoke so much you cant really differentiate between highs very well.

But in my opinion that's where the glue shines the most. I can tell the bag appeal is top notch. For the taste and smell - I haven't smoked the Glue yet... but from what I've read it has great taste and smell. Those are very good qualities to have if you're looking to win yourself a cup.

So shout out to Third Coast! Your flowers look fucking amazing my dude . Between your Gorilla Glue and PF's I've busted far too many nuts to count. So bring that fire ass Glue to the MI cup and show these Michiganers what this strains really about.

Doubt I'm even going to the cup.

Yawn.......:jerkit:
Will check back in a few days and see if the thread is back on topic

If you're yawning whilst wacking you should put on makeup or do your nails so you look pretty

This is the nug OGorganics gave me at the cup.
I'm gonna send to friend on East Coast, senior member here, so he can give it a ride.
Bag appeal is outstanding. Not tried myself but will in the future as I was fortunate enough to get a cut from the guys a booth 70.
View Image

Looks okay, hard to tell with the leaf still on it. I KID, I KID!

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I guess I'm like Subrob and just get suckered in to going back and forth ...

Josey, I had farmers dream flowers at the cup with me.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the market I cater to was calling for it, I'd grow it or make a version of it they'd like that I like to grow... But no one I know even knows what Gorilla Glue is unless they're some one I know who is also on IC Mag.

If it was good I'd say it was good, but what they had at the cup, wasn't. I can't lie about it.

posted by third coast
MY market wants more than I can provide so yeah, I'm gonna grow it.
my last 3 runs of it were shit if you ask me !!! my error cuz of overvegging ...... but I cannot keep up with the demand here even as shitty as i think it was . i've already got 2 guys wanting all they can get outa my next harvest which is 6 weeks away. so yeah .... i'm growing the shit out of it .

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not one man said anything of the sort, if so please quote the post, everyone hoped it would, all wished og good luck, that's it. I have to ask you in public why are you so bent on ragging on the gg ? is it so wrong for others to like something you dident make or find ? time and time again many of us have posted we KNOW ITS NOT THE HOLY GRAIL. we like it, you don't, that's fine but why do you keep coming here trying to stir up shit ? we heard what you said, the samples and entry wasent the best, agreed with you. whats your agenda ? we keep hearing about your cross , farmers dream, no pics ? no smoke reports, has anyone actually grown it out ? have you started a thread on it ? I have talked with you in PM and we get along fine but when someone don't agree with you here on this thread you make it seem like they don't know wtf they are talking about. just curious as hell as to why ?? it was all going good here until today, are you just bored ?
Some people just love to hate....

Grizz

Veteran
I guess I'm like Subrob and just get suckered in to going back and forth ...

Josey, I had farmers dream flowers at the cup with me.
I don't like the back and forth but that don't mean I am going to lay down and get ran over either, but I think you like the back and forth, you always have . subrob gets bored and we laugh about it later but that don't mean I aint going to go punch for punch with him, same for GS. well on the internet anyway, the fuckers to big to fight in real life

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I like to hit people over the head, with my Stoney tasty flowers.

I don't like to go back and forth with people, but I'll reply if I feel like some ones attacking me, with whatever level of response necessary ...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
But if the glue won, wouldn't it be you guys, saying see , it's so good?

I'm not even saying all glue is bad, just what was at the cup was...

And what won, the chem scout , was incredible...
it must have been, wish i could have gotten a peek at it, the XXX entry that LiG took 3rd with was better than the batch that took LA cup...competition @ sf cup was right where it should be, I was literally laughing at more than half of the entries in la.

I got a couple XXX og testers in the room right now, slightly stretchier than a standard og, leaves are definitely wider/more indica dom, nothing but 3 finger leaves...shes supposed to be a decent yielder too but that will sort itself out in the future.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Third Coast Im confused man. You said "Sending the 30 day cured to the show".

Are you entering them and just not going? Im getting mixed messages from you.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
3Rd has flowers from a previous batch. ... which he is sending... a few pgs back he was considering sending in his most recent batch which is comin out better then ever but would of had to been takin early... good decision. .. n good luck... i missed the san fran cup but may pop up at mich if i got time... got n invite that would be stupid to pass up..

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Why is this drama still going on?

Backyard... you seem like a smart guy. I just think youre looking at this the wrong way. And the people responding to you are also IMO.

Can we take a minute to step back from all this BS and look at it in a much more open minded way...

Its not the greatest weed ever. That's obvious, because that's a matter of opinion.

These arguments all stem from the huge amount of hype behind this strain and your opinion on what good weed is. This strain has been being hyped for a while now. And that catches peoples eyes. Also that puts ideas in their head about the strain before they even grow it, let alone finish it. And when these people come up with an expectation that is out of line with what is actually true they disappoint themselves. Because they were expecting so much more their brain puts a label on it as over-hyped weed. And thus the arguments.

The reason the GG4 is so popular is first and foremost - is the hype. Which is great thing but can also be detrimental.

However the Glue does have certain qualities that appeal to should I say commercial growers? And a regular grower who enjoys genuinely good weed... And these qualities are
-Great bag appeal(not the best ever)
-Good smell/taste(not the best ever)
-Vigorrr(not the most ever)
-Strength(not the strongest)

But these are some pretty nice qualities to have in a strain. Its not the dankest strain ever. Its not even as highly praised as one of its own parents Sour Dubb. But each person is different and its just one of those strains that appeal very highly to alot of people. Including myself. I havent set huge expectations on it, for obvious reasons, but i look forward to possibly having nice frosty, smell it thru bag, good yielding type of bud.

Point being BYF you may have grown alot of different types of weed. And maybe you like most of them better than the GG4. But to each his own man. Thats something that should be so obvious but were arguing about opinions... which is an unsolvable argument... lol

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
the dosidos and ogkbxfaceoff was the fire.....lumps sour apple haze #7 and animal pebbles #5 were liked I think too

Str8Flame had some fire. The GG entry was on point. With the way things are organized there's very little transparency.

I know the guy that has the Chem Scout. Actually bumped into him walking out of the event. Definitely did not sound like that cut was getting out.

At some point it doesn't really matter. Lots of personal preference in the decisions. My feeling is that all participants should be able to see the entries. Seems to me that it's more about the bump in business from the awards. Our competitions have always been about mutual respect and appreciation(with some friendly competition).

I saw Prophets Glue and the one from Salvation Seeds(which House Of Meds entered). The one from Prophet was lighter, while the other had the caked up frost to it. We all thought it had a good chance to win. Either way happy to see so many members of the crew out there.

Endur

Veteran
A day late, & a dollar short....

I definitely had a good time attending the SF cup. Got to link up with some great people from the forums, and missed a couple others that was lurking around.

I got to see some fine flowers, at the LiG booth, and purchased some beans.

Anyways, here is a sample of some Glue I trimmed up this evening.
I wish I could of had this batch ready for the cup, but I didn't want to embarrass my self, with brining subpar un-finished product.

Maybe next time, ill have some nice flowers to bring.

Grown under a 600 HPS, 4x4 tent, (4) 15gallon smart pots Looks like I pulled a little over a full unite....
picture.php

picture.php

Endur

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lets chill n blaze n enjoy the spoils of our great lives

Lets chill n blaze n enjoy the spoils of our great lives

"We suffer more often in imagination than in reality." - Seneca

How didnt the Glue or Sour Bubb place atleast 3rd.

PKs Sour Bubb must be 10xs the fire BOGs clone is because idk how any weed compares.

Wheres PK AT! I miss that 10k sealed thread :( so much win

Why do people hoard cuts? Is it a med state thing? Where there is so much good bud that an outstanding cuts shouldn't get passed around?

I will gladly share ANYTHING I have and would expect the same from others. It's a plant, we don't own this shit. If you are simply growing a little sloe in a tent in your basement, why wouldn't you share?

Someone please help me.p understand this. Are all of you guys breeders and doing this for a living or is this just a serious passion/hobbie? When I pop a special pheno, I send it to all my homies that want it. The more the merrier

Ego. Some of us don't know better. It gives one power ot have something another doesn't but that they yearn. But little do they know of the true power they have in the form of a gift - that can last a life time - opposed to a transaction - which is quickly and easily forgot.

To whom it may concern,
Ok, so you can grow good bud. Good for you!
That's quite an accomplishment.
Now you can concentrate on growing the fuck up!
Just sayin. Y'all are too old for this. It makes you look bad.

:respect:

Why is this drama still going on?

Backyard... you seem like a smart guy. I just think youre looking at this the wrong way. And the people responding to you are also IMO.

Can we take a minute to step back from all this BS and look at it in a much more open minded way...

Its not the greatest weed ever. That's obvious, because that's a matter of opinion.

These arguments all stem from the huge amount of hype behind this strain and your opinion on what good weed is. This strain has been being hyped for a while now. And that catches peoples eyes. Also that puts ideas in their head about the strain before they even grow it, let alone finish it. And when these people come up with an expectation that is out of line with what is actually true they disappoint themselves. Because they were expecting so much more their brain puts a label on it as over-hyped weed. And thus the arguments.

The reason the GG4 is so popular is first and foremost - is the hype. Which is great thing but can also be detrimental.

However the Glue does have certain qualities that appeal to should I say commercial growers? And a regular grower who enjoys genuinely good weed... And these qualities are
-Great bag appeal(not the best ever)
-Good smell/taste(not the best ever)
-Vigorrr(not the most ever)
-Strength(not the strongest)

But these are some pretty nice qualities to have in a strain. Its not the dankest strain ever. Its not even as highly praised as one of its own parents Sour Dubb. But each person is different and its just one of those strains that appeal very highly to alot of people. Including myself. I havent set huge expectations on it, for obvious reasons, but i look forward to possibly having nice frosty, smell it thru bag, good yielding type of bud.

Point being BYF you may have grown alot of different types of weed. And maybe you like most of them better than the GG4. But to each his own man. Thats something that should be so obvious but were arguing about opinions... which is an unsolvable argument... lol

[YOUTUBEIF]mACqcZZwG0k[/YOUTUBEIF]

jackel

I haven't read this whole thread so I don't know everything about this strain. I have seen this thread discussed many times over the past year but never really got into reading it. I was at the cup, but due to the overwhelming disarray of booths I didn't see this one. I wish I had. I woulda picked up a cut to test out for myself.
To me, this strain reminds me of gsc last year or year before. It was all people would talk about, and before u knew it, the only thing people wanted to buy. Gsc is still popular (cups are showing it to be so), but it's hype is fading fast. Growers complain cuz it doesn't yield for crap, and buyers complain because growers want more for the little it did produce.
There will be a new gg4 (which I mistake for gorilla gold btw) and gsc next year that everyone wants. It's just the cycle of things. Gsc isn't for me, and that's ok, I'll just keep looking for "the one". Which will prob never exist anyway. But if GG4 isn't for u' so be it, keep looking for your One.

Status
Not open for further replies.