What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
So......
I was warned that my GG#4 cuts came with Spider Mites.
The cuts were dipped in Avid before gifting.
When they got home, I sprayed them with Captain Jacks w/ Spinosad.
I rooted them and sprayed them another 2x while in veg over a 5 week period.
I cleaned my flower room top to bottom and then T/P'ed all 24x GG#4 and put them in the clean room. I sprayed them again with Captain Jacks. I noticed the classic white SM marks on some bottom most fans so I plucked em off and checked em. Adult SM's and baby SM's. I stripped the bottom 4 branches off each plant....carefully putting them in a giant garbage bag and then tied it off and out it went to the burn pile.

I sprayed them AGAIN really really well with Capt Jacks w/ Spinosad and yesterday I still have them running rampid on the "NEST" plant so I cut it down and threw it in the burn pile outside. I still have SM here and there. Not alot...They were mostly on that plant.
But I checked others and just 1 or 2 here and there on a plant here and there. 1 adult mite is all it takes to mess up my flowers over the long run. Cant have even 1 in my garden.

Are they immune to Capt Jacks or something. I just cant get rid of them no matter how many times I spray. They seem to be these fuking Super Mites that just wont die unless I go leaf by leaf squishing them by running my fingers over every leaf.

Any suggestions on how to kill them dead 100%....... eggs and all?
I only have a few left, here and there, and I dont want them to keep spreading.
Any product that will be 100% effective. Spinosad aint working.
My garden is in transition and I need them all 100% dead and gone within 3 days before flower clusters begin to form.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Used raised beds not grow bags if you want to see big yields from packing in lots of plants. Lots of plants in small pots still yields small

L

Luther Burbank

Integrated Pest Management is key - don't just use spinosad. It should be your last resort. Are you using neem? I keep a rotation up of neem, rosemary, mint, and others. The trick is to keep the bugs off their balance with a mix.

You might also try benefitial bugs which eat spider mites - stratiolaelaps scimitus/hypoaspis miles, phytoseiulus persimilis, galendromus occidentalis...there are a ton. Orius insidiosus, the minute pirate bug, is probably your best bet.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
endur- first off sick greenhouse man. second- i just noticed the sunspot your rockin as your location, i havent heard that track in a while...such a banger! thanks for getting it stuck in my head! lol

prop- damn homie...I cant even imagine what the rest of the property looks like! you gonna make it out to sf cup?

vta

Veteran
So......
I cleaned my flower room top to bottom and then T/P'ed all 24x GG#4 and put them in the clean room. I sprayed them again with Captain Jacks. I noticed the classic white SM marks on some bottom most fans so I plucked em off and checked em. Adult SM's and baby SM's. I stripped the bottom 4 branches off each plant....carefully putting them in a giant garbage bag and then tied it off and out it went to the burn pile.

I sprayed them AGAIN really really well with Capt Jacks w/ Spinosad and yesterday I still have them running rampid on the "NEST" plant so I cut it down and threw it in the burn pile outside. I still have SM here and there. Not alot...They were mostly on that plant.
But I checked others and just 1 or 2 here and there on a plant here and there. 1 adult mite is all it takes to mess up my flowers over the long run. Cant have even 1 in my garden.

Are they immune to Capt Jacks or something. I just cant get rid of them no matter how many times I spray. They seem to be these fuking Super Mites that just wont die unless I go leaf by leaf squishing them by running my fingers over every leaf.

My garden is in transition and I need them all 100% dead and gone within 3 days before flower clusters begin to form.

Last time I had them I got this stuff and have not had them since. I also put out some NPS strips...

picture.php

picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
of course, healthy in veg means bigger rewards in the end .

Dan your seeing it now, dialage and a little work every other day stretching them out and filling all the empty space with buds will improve your harvest I am sure, I have high expectations for this round, not that any of the past ones have been bad at all.

Thanx Jdubb . the harvests i'm getting aren't bad , i'm just getting a slow finish & some immature buds cuz they get so damn overgrown . but yeah , i think it'll be better this time , i've got a few tricks up my sleave & i'm going to be more active there instead of relying on him to do all the training into the net .

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran

These babys are vigorous and really like to eat.

1 week in 1g pots. Ima bump up the nutes for their next feeding.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
So......

they can build up an immunity to pesticides after regular use of the same thing ... gotta switch it up and a systematic pesticide may work like azamax that kills the adults through starvation and when the eggs hatch they'll also die.:2cents:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Yeah spinosad not for mites. For thripes
I rotate avid and anything else for mites. Defoliate first. Don't worry about it pluck pluck thinking long term. MIGHTy wash avid repeat. 2x dunk if u can. I buy a tote and dunk the whole plant.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
so i plugged 14 three yard mounds with glue this year….taking a gamble! she likes to stay super bushy and short, barely any vertical stretch, her lateral branches just take over. hoping for at least 80 off these 14 but we shall see!

View Image

Yet another reminder why I need to move. Who's with me I need a pro or2 with a good lower back and a motor in their belly

Status
Not open for further replies.