What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizz

Veteran
Before you read please play the video/song below to accompany your reading experience
thanks

I've said it before ill say it again, because i feel i am right in my assessment... the glue is more about the sharing a quality plant with other growers via love than it is about the buds itself being undoubtedly the best in the world (which is a subjective and personal observation)

thank goodness you have done what you have done joesy
by getting better plants into peoples hands the level of the bar indicating status quo will be elevated another notch or two.

But man, what a mess!
I know the old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all" but saying its "pretty good" shouldn't have to cause so much strife. Because thats not saying anything bad. Its maybe not the expected choirs of angels singing praises, but its not a spear in the side of the crucified, either. Its just an observation.

I didn't know "pretty good" meant hellfire and brimstone for the "non believers". hahahaha

I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth... though I guess thats what we do when we critique shit eh hahaha. Is that yellow tooth? Nooooooo!!!!!!!

so.... lets wrap this up in a positive light here if we can....
since this is supposed to be an educational thread in the first place

Whats so good about the Gorilla Glue#4 the plant?
Well...

1. its got a pretty traceable lineage (for all the magic the gathering and d&d nerds that must have this data to respect a plant) of quality pot. Sorry its not chock full with landrace genes... blame joesy

2. it grows at a descent "commercial" clip i.e. it can be easily rooted... vegetive growth is quick... and it can be harvested at 9 wks (for commercial purposes for all you 10-11-12wk folks who say thats not long enough)... good node spacing so theres plenty of airflow between the bud sights... yields pretty good (uh oh... pretty good... theres that phrase.... oh shit!)... not very leafy so trimming isn't a chore... will look nice in the garden... not that difficult to tend.

3. for those who make bags disappear - the light lime color and trich coverage will allow you to talk less and count money more. the fact that it has won a cup means theres built in marketing in case you have to talk during the time of the transaction

4. its a cut "for everyone". Similar to Crazy Composer's FFA (which is a pretty good plant too, btw). The way it has been shared and spread, its like the poster child for cannabis grower unity thru-ought the world.

5. this thread - it rules! different perspectives and opinions clashing and crashing is hella chaotic, but there is much beauty in the dissonance. for as wide as the blade swings one way, it will need to swing back the other way for the cycle to be complete

[YOUTUBEIF]UhjG47gtMCo[/YOUTUBEIF]

I know the pieces fit I know the pieces I know the pieces fit I know the pieces fit
pretty good is pretty good, average isent good. I have smoked enough to know average and pretty good aren't the same, I accept you cant please everyone, aint even trying to do so, but why come on this thread treating people like they don't know whats good and whats pretty good or just average, the base core of guys that got this cut are all old farts like myself that have been growing and smoking pretty much our whole lives, It isent your cup of tea and I respect that but telling others that we don't know whats good is not respect.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but telling others that we don't know whats good is not respect.

i can fly with that
yep
totally

the flip slide of the coin is whats good for the goose aint always good for the gander. if someone isn't in love with something doesnt mean it wasn't grown "choice". or that it was fake. cause thats not respect either.

respect is simple.
it is respect.
opinons differ
they are just opinions
but they can and should be respected

this shit makes the world go around... backwards sometimes but its still moving hahaha in a circle though we aren't moving very far?

Grizz

Veteran
ok, understood, when someone with a good number of post and has some age on them post I will accept that, when some guy with 3 or 22 post comes on here trolling he doesent get respect. its obvious what they are trying to do, now I honestly respect sub but when he starts talking shit to good people that dident disrespect him I get pissed. just because a lot of us don't live in cali doesent mean we haven't smoked good weed and know good weed.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sub I really don't know what your talking about ( the bubble ? why do you even bother posting if you think it isent good? there is no bubble, if you read my post earlier you would understand, what are you getting at ? ) you have turned harmless post by members into supposed insults towards you and they weren't even meant that way.

:thank you:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
knowing both of you guys personally, this entire thing has surely gone on too far...both of you guys are stand up old school mutha's, I'm certain that you guys would be on the same page in different circumstances...no need to take things personally, we are all on the same team...

you guys both know what the fuck you're talking about...

i blame it all on common core math.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The way gg#4 is being hyped is similar to the way Blue Dream was received by the masses a few years back.. They are both elite cuts with monster yields. Many consumers find them desirable because of their unique flavor and stunning visual appeal.

The subtleties which make a certain strain desirable for an individual user, i.e. flavor and potency, are subjective for the most part, but nobody can deny the visual appeal and vigorous growth of these strains.

and I personally prefer gg#4 over Blue Dream and most other strains on the shelf at the local dispensary. The flavor is unique and doesn't get boring and the potency is off the charts. I have about 30 strains to choose from when i pack a bowl in the bong, and GG#4 is in the top 3 along with OG and Cookies

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So here where the backlash started...let's start again...for those that feel it was horrible...or foolish for the conclusions I drew...or think I should not be able to post because I was not objective due to other strains smoked....point out what was so terrible

People still defensive about opinions here...this is not intended to flame but as more and more people get to try it..the odds say more people will show up who don't find it to be their cup o tea...just saying..you should prepare your psyche...I've seen people say ehhh to og kush...cookies...bubba...GDP...the list goes on...and threads started on each one where the "_______ family" finally realized not every strain is for everyone

Now...before you lose your minds on me

I got to try a small sample of gg...from a mutual friend...grown by donkbdz...I only smoked two bongloads of it...but I noticed a def head change...that's the best I can say based on the experience....BUT

Before you lose it

I smoked it AFTER smoking wifi43-superwrecker-skunkdawg-fruity pebbles og and Chem d because bro forgot he left it in car when he came in...so...noticing a head change..at that point ...is saying something..

And just to be clear...not commenting on donkbdz skills at all...I only saw the tip of a cola and the stem that used to have bud on it! Ha...
The point was...I coulda smoked actual literal gorilla glue at that point and the best I could have hoped for was a head change...

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey
FUCK CALI!
you know what, really...
FUCK THE WHOLE MAINLAND AMERICA AND REST OF THE WORLD for that matter
none of that shit matters
Maui No Ka Oi, bitches.
Be pono or be pau!

homie sub can defend himself plenty well and he doesnt me to paint any pictures for him...
but cmon man...
you don't see where sub is coming from at all?

I know he's a brash dude, and he uses $20 words now and again...
but he's only stirred the pot raising concerns about perspective (which we've learned is a bit treacherous path to take apparently). I don't think sub has really stated an opinion on the glue itself though now that I think of it. But he DID get targeted right off. And then he fired a bigger gun. A couple times hahahahaha. oops.
but he hasn't commented in detail other than he smoked some the other night amongst a fury of other bomb buds, and noted he did get a headchange. didn't say good bad or ugly. and then he was getting edumacated on how to properly judge buds? hahaha
I can see his POV pretty clear... just like I see yours.

man i love living on a rock hahahaha

edit: i didn't know you were posting above me my bad sub

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And then in reaction to dansbuds I explained very clearly why he should stop running his mouth at me each time I say something...listed some credentials as to why I thought he didn't need to point out that my post was deemed not needed...maybe you can whine to me again db via pm

Josey..I have nothing against the glue...just the whole mob mentality..you've been here long enough to remember when the guys we looked up to on ic would run roughshod over the mentality that has developed on this sight and in threads like these...and neither you or I would have done as much whining as goes on and we certainly wouldn't have been so dismissive and eager to gang up on folks...especially maggers who have put in the work at the mag and can back up everything they say...some kid comes on here and says hey...scored some buds at dispensary..its glue...its decent...and what happens...the godfather of glue jumps it and a mod backs him up...what that about man? Cmon...

Z

z-ro

ok, understood, when someone with a good number of post and has some age on them post I will accept that, when some guy with 3 or 22 post comes on here trolling he doesent get respect. its obvious what they are trying to do, now I honestly respect sub but when he starts talking shit to good people that dident disrespect him I get pissed. just because a lot of us don't live in cali doesent mean we haven't smoked good weed and know good weed.

Just because someone has a low post count doesn't mean they are a troll or don't know what they are talking about. I've been a member here since 2004 and all told maybe made 500 posts on the two handles I've had but you wouldn't know that by looking at my profile, sometimes people have to delete their account for one reason or another. You are reading too far in, nobody is trying to sabotage your strain. I think a lot of Californians who smoke a lot of og are going to compare it to that, and since that's what is know as the best, if they don't think it's hands down better, then they are gonna just call it 'pretty good' or 'average' it was the same with GSC it's nothing personal.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know you a genuine peeps...I ain't calling you out..I'm appealing to you that you not take anything I say here personally...most of the rest...ehhh

Grizz

Veteran
sub no problem with that post at all but the bubble bust thing just made it seem like you were trying to stir shit, there is no bubble, and to make it clear I am not arguing with GS, he is my oldest friend on here, when no one would even talk to me him and zoolander took me under the wings and took care of me. he is to the point with me as I am with him. I am sure we could sit down with a cold beer and say fuck you to each other without one of us crying.

ok that's all I will say , you guys can say what ever ya want, if you don't like gg4 say so and move on. don't come back trying to tell us we don't know shit and I wont tell you its probably fake or poorly grown, ( but it probably was or is ) lol.

AbeFroman

Mad props to you Joesy for creating something that even garners this much attention. Different strokes for different folks I say.The strain looks fantastic and my wife needs hard hitters for her meds. I look forward to having it in my garden one day.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Josey-i don't get dismissed...you know better...when your peeps jump my shit they will get talked to..wherever they happen to jump it...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And then in reaction to dansbuds I explained very clearly why he should stop running his mouth at me each time I say something...listed some credentials as to why I thought he didn't need to point out that my post was deemed not needed..

running my mouth at you everytime you say something ..... dude i think your a little paranoid . 2nd , i could care less about you or your credentials . that comment i made about trying it with a clear head is my opinion & it was only coincidense that it was you that i said it to .... I would have said the same thing no matter who posted it , cuz that exactly the way I think new smoke should be tried for the first time . you have your ways .... i have mine ..... why you thought it was attack is beyond me .... like I said , maybe a little paranioa there or something :dunno:

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am sure we could sit down with a cold beer and say fuck you to each other without one of us crying.

bro :huggg:
we'd be crying because we'd be laughing so hard at ourselves
i know im so disappointed in me hahaha

but it'd be handshakes high fives and tears for sure

DJXX

Veteran
more interesting than the plant...you guys...lol ...just a bunch of crazy shit talkin mofos...put the tequila and dabs down....i love all the fictional characters...dj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts