What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
I've got mad respect for you guys but yall seriously need to kick back, relax, and blow yourself a sack. Hate seeing respected members going at each other over something so trivial...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont have time to waist on the fodder thread. I will leave it to you to teach your worshipers. I have other threads to waste my time on that I enjoy doing. There never was any magic bubble for me. I will still stick by what I said. If what you tried was ave it was not grown right or it was not real that's all I have to say.

I have no issue with those that dont like this cut how many times do I need to say that. Its what is posted here that's just not called for. If you enjoy this type of back and forth knock yourself out...

relic1981

Veteran
ahh, so much drama. you know a cut is special if it can make people act completly out of character over it.. fact is wwhether you love it or hate it its a legit elite and is here to stay. thanks again to jw and all the others who helped get this cut out and around. unfortunatly i have yet to sample any glue, BUT, my cut is vegging nicely and now is about 18 inches tall and very bushy. im going to take about 12 cuts (enough for there own light) and rock it so i have a good stash of glue. ive been in the game for a while so im not worried about producing b grade herb, everything that comes out of my grows is a+ or bettter. i have my fare share of elite cuts, especially in the chemdawg family (i am a huge fan of the chemdawg line) and cant wait to see what the glue puts out. i dont understand all the haters. if the glue isnt your cup of tea, toss the cut (or give your mom away) and be done with it. i know thats what i do with cuts im not impressed by. the whole idea is to save time and energy, not to go out of your way trashing something because you (subjectively) didnt like it. its fair enough to share that it didnt blow your socks off but anything more than that is just trash talking and its disrespectful to all the people who do love the glue and especially to jw. its ok to have your opinons of course but you dont have to go for the kill. there are obviously lots of people who really like this strain solet the glue lovers enjoy and dont medicate with it if its not for you. simple.

now i do have a question for all those with glue experience. im a big fan of super cropping along with staking and LST to shape the plants up nice and bushy and to have a nice even canopy. it seems that this plant naturally is a very bushy strain so do you guys feel super cropping would hurt or improve yeilds? does she do well under screens or nets? and what is the average yeild per light? seems like its gonna yield well and i dont want to supercrop or top it if it will lower the yield. ive seen how much she can stretch during flowring and it seems like a net or two would help keep thing from getting out of control. that said the side branches are all very strong and seems like they will produce phat dense nugs just as the main or top colas would. definatly doesnt seem like a floppy strain:) like i said ill have 12 gg#4's under one light, they will be in 3 gallon growbags and fed biobizz line nutes (in a coco mix with added organic amendments, mycos and beneficials). i plan on vegging them for around 2-3 weeks before flipping. i bring this up because i see a lot of people (purple frostbite comes to mind) growing a lot less plants in bigger containers than my style. is the glue better suited for a longer veg period and less plants per light or is that just your preference (do you do that with the rest of your strain's grows too or just the glue) she seems like she wont be to difficult to dial in, she is loving life atm and i want nothing but good things from her. i want the best representation of the strain i can get. id like to hear what everyone else is feeding her and can someone post some dry bud shots for me to drool over.

relic1981

Veteran
and if anyone has some concentrate shots made from glue id love to see pics of that too. particularly some fullmelt bubble hash macro shots. seems like the yeild of hash from the trim (or flowers) would be really high just seeing how frosty the plant gets. thanks everyone.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What media are you using to grow the glue in?

Are you running CO2?

Did you get the nanners on the buds not getting enough light like mentioned earlier?

I was getting to much light. The Gavita and E-P put out a lot of light and heat. I had 1 plant to close some tops got a bit crispy. The naners where located on the lower branches with just a few. She got stressed from that. The vendor recommends a min distance of 25" to canopy top. This was my 1st grow with the GG under these lights so the year I spent growing this strain helped me understand what she like most. IMO the longer you grow a strain the more you will know what she likes best.

I dont use Co2. My containers range in size from 3g-10g.. I like the 5g imitation airpots the best. These are Nursery pots that have slots cut into the side of the pot all over. I get plants the same size as a 10g. Since I grow a verity I have to use what ever pot is available at the time of flower.

I use my own mix of Organic soil.

Fox farm OF,HF, Coco with a bale of Advanced #4

Hope that helps.

S

sourpuss

Must b nice to have access to this cut. Soooo anyonr self this plant yet?

Anyone looking to make some big money or u guys just grow for fun.

Where the f r the big breeders? I think if I spent 1 year and like 50 grand travelling I could get strains that should b available. Gg4 is definately one of them. Actually in a pretty shity situation myself now and if I could come grab a clone I would and self it. U guys have advertised the shit out of this strain. Really want to try it myself.

S

sourpuss

Heres an idea that actually might get these beans out there. Contact some big breeders to take the clone and make seed. Try to get a cut. Royalty. Cha ching. Im sure arjan would pay big bucks for gg4.

Get it to bodhi, gg, greenthumb prob would work a deal out.

Anyonr want greenthumb to run the gg4? Greenthumb is a master. I think he would b one of the best.

Although the amouny of hype put out on this strain im sure they r already workin it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont know where you are but GG#4 is pretty easy to find. If things work out I ill be giving cuts out at the SF cup no charge. The only problem I will only have 10. I know at least 20 have told me there going to be the first in line lol.

I know many are making crosses I dont know when they will be out S1 are being made from some posts I have read.

Time to rest I got a dam headache now..

Grizz

Veteran
That would be nice, and maybe some dry sift macro shots.

If ya'all love it so much spend some time with it! And show us what you find/learn about it!!!!

I LOVE hash made without solvents :peacock:

View Image

View Image

View Image
there has been many pic's of oil, hash and kief posted, you should read or scim thru the pages, that comment about if ya'all love it spend some time with it is bogus, so many pic's but you haven't even looked for them.

Sub I really don't know what your talking about ( the bubble ? why do you even bother posting if you think it isent good? there is no bubble, if you read my post earlier you would understand, what are you getting at ? ) you have turned harmless post by members into supposed insults towards you and they weren't even meant that way.

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
there has been many pic's of oil, hash and kief posted, you should read or scim thru the pages, that comment about if ya'all love it spend some time with it is bogus, so many pic's but you haven't even looked for them.

You are correct :tiphat:

I have nothing to gain from a thread like this :ying:

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
I love my glue cut, I've had it since it first leaked out. Never heard of it when it was offered but was told I NEEDED it, boy was he right.
I feel honored to have her, but the karma with this cut is getting shitty. So much bickering, it's getting old.
It's a shame that it's going the way of the OGK and GSC, nonstop fighting.
I come in here looking for pics and all I find is dick measuring.
If it wasn't so good, I'd cull it to avoid the bad karma.
BUt hellllll no! I'd be nuts to do that.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Before you read please play the video/song below to accompany your reading experience
thanks

I've said it before ill say it again, because i feel i am right in my assessment... the glue is more about the sharing a quality plant with other growers via love than it is about the buds itself being undoubtedly the best in the world (which is a subjective and personal observation)

people have horded and hyped cuts here ever since I joined, all they hype about chem 4 and d and if you weren't accepted as a family member you had no chance of getting a cut,pretty much the same with cookies, I dident want it to be that way with the gg4. I wanted every grower to have a chance to get it and enjoy it.

thank goodness you have done what you have done joesy
by getting better plants into peoples hands the level of the bar indicating status quo will be elevated another notch or two.

But man, what a mess!
I know the old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all" but saying its "pretty good" shouldn't have to cause so much strife. Because thats not saying anything bad. Its maybe not the expected choirs of angels singing praises, but its not a spear in the side of the crucified, either. Its just an observation.

I didn't know "pretty good" meant hellfire and brimstone for the "non believers". hahahaha

I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth... though I guess thats what we do when we critique shit eh hahaha. Is that yellow tooth? Nooooooo!!!!!!!

so.... lets wrap this up in a positive light here if we can....
since this is supposed to be an educational thread in the first place

Whats so good about the Gorilla Glue#4 the plant?
Well...

1. its got a pretty traceable lineage (for all the magic the gathering and d&d nerds that must have this data to respect a plant) of quality pot. Sorry its not chock full with landrace genes... blame joesy

2. it grows at a descent "commercial" clip i.e. it can be easily rooted... vegetive growth is quick... and it can be harvested at 9 wks (for commercial purposes for all you 10-11-12wk folks who say thats not long enough)... good node spacing so theres plenty of airflow between the bud sights... yields pretty good (uh oh... pretty good... theres that phrase.... oh shit!)... not very leafy so trimming isn't a chore... will look nice in the garden... not that difficult to tend.

3. for those who make bags disappear - the light lime color and trich coverage will allow you to talk less and count money more. the fact that it has won a cup means theres built in marketing in case you have to talk during the time of the transaction

4. its a cut "for everyone". Similar to Crazy Composer's FFA (which is a pretty good plant too, btw). The way it has been shared and spread, its like the poster child for cannabis grower unity thru-ought the world.

5. this thread - it rules! different perspectives and opinions clashing and crashing is hella chaotic, but there is much beauty in the dissonance. for as wide as the blade swings one way, it will need to swing back the other way for the cycle to be complete

[YOUTUBEIF]C4I9GHk1Va0[/YOUTUBEIF]

I know the pieces fit I know the pieces I know the pieces fit I know the pieces fit

Last edited:
S

SPG*

Yea likein the smell the gg4 gives off when rubbing the stem between finger & thumb :D
For me... A direct indicator of what the smokes gonna be like!

S

sourpuss

Yeah def looks amazing!

Whats all the bickering about? Seems like the creator is handing out cuts and wants it that way... im the same way... id rather see more fire around then b the only one.

N

noyd666

picture.php

S

SPG*

^ Yea dudes gotta remember this "ICmag" ain't the world! Statistically only a very few have her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts