What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspenou812

Veteran
the orig op said back in 2014 that the plant was clone only and very rare etc etc etc. Is this still the case?

Rare no.... a lot of grows here and elsewhere, The original genetic YES clone only..... never be fooled!!!! I've smoked fake GG4 5 times, I know it was fake because it barely phased me. this is really a story of spreading the love around..... it went something like this..... i think if i remember correctly. JW saw MAR somewhere way way high drooling out the side of his mouth hanging off the edge of cloud 420...... so he started to spread the love around.... and a lot of those people that got the cut continued to spread the love...... now even lil ole me has this sexy Girl....... sadly i'm still about 11 weeks away from trying her out.... sucks for me...... But on 420 i'll be up there with all the other Glue Heads.... two years late but i'll:):) make the PARTY i PROMISE

Jason Voorhees

Onavelzy, not sure if I totally understand your post but you sure can patent a plant in the US. There are many examples of this if you google it. Most of them even prohibit propagation of those plants...Even for plants that naturally propagate asexually by nature.

That may not translate to cannabis though since it's federally illegal

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Onavelzy, not sure if I totally understand your post but you sure can patent a plant in the US. There are many examples of this if you google it. Most of them even prohibit propagation of those plants...Even for plants that naturally propagate asexually by nature.

The government has patent on cannabis in general -

https://www.google.com/patents/US6630507

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feds have known for decades cannabis has healing properties that could be used in the medical field. They have shipped pre rolled blunts to a few patients years ago for medical use. The only reason they continue to keep it illegal is so that big phama can peddle there body and mind killing medications. Cannabis would take many of there drugs off the market. they will lose billions when it happens. So they lobby to keep it where its at. Slowly the tide is turning. Eventually they wont have a choice but to re classify.

Grizz

Veteran
if any of you read dope magazine they have a real informative article on patenting cannabis ( Jan issue ) and Jason is right as far as patents on plants go, they have been being done for years, corn, cotton, tree's and so on

onavelzy

Veteran

Hi Jason,

You are correct. Plant patents do exist. they protect a patent holder from anyone using the patented cultivar in asexual reproduction (cloning, meristem, etc.) Using a patented plant in sexual reproduction, (outcrossing, hybridising, etc.), is allowed however.

I guess what I was focusing on was a more exact patent: a patent on a cultivar's genetic sequence. The segment I posted seemed to say that naturally occuring DNA sequences could not be patented.

But there are definitely patents issued for protection of specific plant cultivars, such as in the rose industry or tomatoes or whatever. I'm just not clear on how a patent holder is able to prove that someone has violated their patent on a cultivar without using genetics.

In that sense, GG4 might have theoretically been able to get a patent.

trademarking is another way of protecting an asset but the only thing protected is the use of the name. trademarking does not prevent anyone from using the plant, just the name. In the case of GG4, maybe the lawyers can tell him if its possible but since the name has been used in another product....

I did do a fairly shallow search and only got part of the answer. Thanks again for pointing out the more common use of patents in agriculture.

I'm sorry for going on. It's a topic that is pretty interesting to me.
These are topics that breeders and people choosing to grow professionally going forward are going to be facing as the product becomes legal. No doubt there will be cases on Cannabis and patents that will probably go all the way to the Supreme Court and other world trade courts.

I hope JW and GG4 Strains can protect their asset but I think the cat is out of the bag.

addendum, if anyone wants to look into it some more:

a thread on a patent issued for Cannabis

Take care,

Ona

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
aspen they look so happy, kudo's

the gorilla glue trade mark is for a glue product,ggstrains has gorilla glue name trade marked in 3 states, and trying for more, the cost gets to adding up, it was the first medical marijuana trade marked strain in Nevada, hell I should send the gorilla glue people a advertising bill :biggrin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aspen they look so happy, kudo's

the gorilla glue trade mark is for a glue product,ggstrains has gorilla glue name trade marked in 3 states, and trying for more, the cost gets to adding up, it was the first medical marijuana trade marked strain in Nevada, hell I should send the gorilla glue people a advertising bill :biggrin:

JW, There are no more issues with GG tape company?

Dog Star

Veteran
Yesterday was at grow house and taked two small buds of a
Fake GG#4 that was pollinated by Sour Bubble dust that i keep for 3-4 years,

this girl can give some extra colours but a resinousness and hitting is really proper,
thats why i needed to hit her with polen in first place..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and her kids with Sour Bubble..,kids look nice but have feel a plant need 11 weeks
to ripe properly so i left her growing..

picture.php

picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
Friend that i shared says she smells on Chemdog type of weed,

i will say its a very complex but wonderfull aroma all together... hard to explain.

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanx Waxy Taxy and Who Dat Is on kind words,

still i found few in a group of seeds that have green top point so i left them to ripe properly,that was old polen used but i think polination suceeded in the end,

have this polen for 5 years now cause i checked dates,fridge make miracles and keeped him turbo viable.

Have a some good hunch for these little speckled devils,will show results somewhere
or maybe if people that are established testers at ICMAG are interested will glad
share with them for test purposes,

off course all with a TOU rules and giving note to moderators and a people in a place..

Respect and peace to all of you

DS

MTNMEN

holyshit thanks gals,guys! My main focus on Gg#4 is a friend who had the pleasure of visiting the PNW got himself some and shared with me. I take my varietals very seriously because i can achieve a high level of homeostasis, by using specific gear like GG#4 if what i tried was indeed real its very diff than what i am used to, By this i mean ive noticed this particular gear will hit my endocannabinoid receptors in a way thats really on par with top shelf immune system meds but MUCH MUCH better! It took me being blown up in a striker in tikrit, to realize the plants true potential, take the science behind the "buzz" and make it understandable for me to explain when asked why i achieve such great results both physically,mentally and spiritually. I ordered kosher tangie a couple weeks ago but have my hands full with a few 98' brothers grimm gear atm, But i'd like to be.............under the sea...........in a GG#4 garden with you..........no really, i am a man of my word and have no issue reciprocating rare kindness only found by folks in our movement! Once again thankyou.

~star~crash~

holyshit thanks gals,guys! My main focus on Gg#4 is a friend who had the pleasure of visiting the PNW got himself some and shared with me. I take my varietals very seriously because i can achieve a high level of homeostasis, by using specific gear like GG#4 if what i tried was indeed real its very diff than what i am used to, By this i mean ive noticed this particular gear will hit my endocannabinoid receptors in a way thats really on par with top shelf immune system meds but MUCH MUCH better! It took me being blown up in a striker in tikrit, to realize the plants true potential, take the science behind the "buzz" and make it understandable for me to explain when asked why i achieve such great results both physically,mentally and spiritually. I ordered kosher tangie a couple weeks ago but have my hands full with a few 98' brothers grimm gear atm, But i'd like to be.............under the sea...........in a GG#4 garden with you..........no really, i am a man of my word and have no issue reciprocating rare kindness only found by folks in our movement! Once again thankyou.

i've using & exploring the effects of GG#4 for several days now in both flower & extracted concentrated form...this is a very different kind of "head" then what i'm currently accustomed too ..i'm detecting a certain elusive cerebral complexity to it & so far my virgin receptors are blinking brightly in a positive overdrive...you got that???...this is not boring weed

Grizz

Veteran
JW, There are no more issues with GG tape company?

yes there is some issues with gorilla glue but there isent a whole they can do because we are a totally different type of product, we aren't trying to sell glue or tape and as long as we add a number at the end like gg4, gg5 erect they cant make us pull the product off shelves, they made a half hearted attempt about a year ago but that dident come to anything, ggstrains has made a attempt at trying to stay clear of any trouble by using GG instead of gorilla glue also

Status
Not open for further replies.